PDA

View Full Version : What class pairs up well with ranger?

Sasori
2014-08-19, 11:07 AM
My friend has told me he is actually going melee ranger so im trying to look for a class that helps or works well with ranger
NOTE: its only the 2 of us so keep that in mind
Thanks guys :D

Tegu8788
2014-08-19, 11:35 AM
I'm gonna suggest a Bard. Melee Ranger has solid damage that can't really be boosted too much by a Warlord (unless someone knows how to make Twin Strike a BA). Bard will give you both melee and casting options easily if you have a Songblade, which is simple enough to get at low levels. You will also have good Cha for social skills, and good Int for knowledge skills, letting your Ranger deal with physical skills. You don't have much in the way of durability. The other class I'd suggest would be a Cha-Paladin, because of durability and social skills, but you give up knowledge skills and ranged combat. Up to you.

Sartharina
2014-08-19, 11:47 AM
Fighter or Warlord.

GPuzzle
2014-08-19, 11:56 AM
Ardent or Psion. These are one of the two few that can generate OAs with ease (although a point could be made for Bard...), so you should pick a pair of Bastard Swords and Heavy Blade Opportunity.

Kurald Galain
2014-08-19, 04:14 PM
Wizard. Because it goes with anything :smallcool:

Vitruviansquid
2014-08-19, 05:13 PM
Be an archer ranger with a rough exterior and a heart of gold to go with his melee ranger who does things by the book.

Together, you'll fight crime.

Kimera757
2014-08-19, 05:54 PM
My friend has told me he is actually going melee ranger so im trying to look for a class that helps or works well with ranger
NOTE: its only the 2 of us so keep that in mind
Thanks guys :D

Melee rangers are actually pretty fragile, so I'd recommend a leader or defender to help with that, either a melee cleric or paladin. Bards have better skills and are good leaders but aren't particularly tough; still, a valorous bard would be handy. None of these recommended classes are good with ranged attacks, however.

Sasori
2014-08-20, 06:07 PM
Alright cool any other suggestions ?

Laserlight
2014-08-20, 09:36 PM

Because "Bard, Chaladin, Fighter, Warlord, Ardent, Psion, Wizard, Cleric, or Archer Ranger" weren't enough? Is tehre something specific you're looking for?

Epinephrine
2014-08-20, 10:00 PM

Vampire. If Twilight has taught me anything, it's that we need more vampires.
:wink:

Excession
2014-08-21, 03:08 AM
Artificer could work. The Ranger spams twin strike, you spam magic weapon. Rangers love magic weapon!