PDA

View Full Version : Two Headed Machine of Fun?

GutterFace
2014-08-19, 01:51 PM
So i want to make a new DFA.....for an OP game with some old friends. i know they are all going to make something insane and well planned.
but i want to make something more fun i dont have to plan that much.

i want to make a 2 headed incarnate construct DFA....

BUT i need suggestions for what sort of construct. lets keep it medium size if possible.

i will take any and all suggestions as long as you have an interesting/fun reason why

Red Fel
2014-08-19, 02:10 PM
I note first that the Incarnate Construct template specifically says that it gets applied to a creature with one head. Assuming, however, that we ignore that call-out, there is always the Multiheaded Template (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020621a), for all that it's worth. At the end of applying the templates, you get a two-headed humanoid with a reduced CR and LA, so it probably balances nicely. Note that the order matters; if you apply Multiheaded first, Incarnate Construct wipes out the Darkvision, Superior Two-Weapon Fighting, and dual breath weapon abilities (since those are special qualities and special abilities, which are lost).

The thing is, the type of construct is mostly irrelevant, because it ends up being something generally humanoid. It loses all of its special qualities and attacks, and it has to be roughly humanoid-shaped to begin with, so it's not like you could incarnate a spider-mecha or robo-pterodactyl or something. As I said, even the two-headed thing is a bit of a stretch.

My advice? For fun, toss Dragonborn on there. Sure, it makes certain things in DFA a bit redundant, but it's very flavorful, frees up some of your invocations, and basically gives you a humanoid two-headed dragon, which is awesome.

Chronos
2014-08-19, 03:54 PM
Dragonborn works quite well on a warforged (no Incarnate Construct needed), and a dragonborn warforged would be a strong race choice for a dragonfire adept. But I'm not sure how you'd get the other head.