PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Aim, Fire! (Round 10) (Year of fourty Emperors)

Silkenfist
2007-03-06, 07:52 PM
A gentle summer breeze blows through the streets of Rome. Even though it is a warm and pleasant night, only few plebeians can be found outside. Recent events have left the city in turmoil and the sight of soldiers in public districts had become too frequent. There had been rumors about a revolt in the senate and the disempowerment of the emperor. Some of the better informed sources knew a bit more and because of this, most of them had left the city for a while. Even the few citizens in the streets had been unnerved by the recent events and as they hear the rhythmic clap of sandals against of stone drawing nearer, they quickly scatter before the legionaries appear around the corner. From inside their houses, they nervously peek outside and follow the march of the group of eight men. They see the group approach one house at the end of the street and enter it by breaking down the door. Around that house, citizens turn away from the windows and try to cover their ears to avoid hearing the screams.
This event has not been unique during the last days. Several men, patriarchs and plebeians alike had become targets of infantry troops dispatched to deal with enemies of the state. Appositely, it all had started with the attack of the most powerful and most prominent victim of the usurpation: Emperor Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus. Nero had become accepted by the public during his reign, but his popularity in the crowd came at a cost. Nero’s authoritarian policies included the disempowerment of the Senate, the accumulation of power under his crown, increased taxes for the patriarchs and Roman provinces and a tighter control on said provinces. Needless to say, Nero’s policies caused unrest among the Senate and the privileged classes as well as it caused enemies only waiting for a chance to overthrow the Emperor.

Nero had dealt with power struggles inside and outside of Rome during most of his reign. In 65 AD, for the first time a serious conspiracy started forming. The Piso family, dissatisfied with Nero’s policies, created a plot to assassinate the Emperor and place one of their members in his place. However, their schemes were revealed early and the associates of the planned overthrow were caught. Many statesmen and advisors were executed by the guard or ordered to commit suicide. The Emperor, in an effort to abolish all opposition, ordered the death of every possible member of the conspiracy. However, this effort might have caused a false sense of security in him while the violence in it certainly caused new opposition to gain support much more quickly.
Two years of centralist rule later, another attempt to seize the throne was conducted. This time it was announced in public and it came from the provinces. From Lugdunum in Gaul, regional governor Vindex appealed against Nero’s tax policies and called for a rebellion. Subsequently, Vindex tried to influence Roman politics by backing up his own candidate for the position of Emperor: Regional governor Galba, overseer of northeast Hispania. Another time, Nero suppressed the opposition forcibly. He sent troops from Germania’s provinces west to fight against the rebelling forces. The ensuing civil war was brutal but short. Vindex’ troops were outnumbered and less experienced. Within weeks, their leader had to surrender to the imperial troops and like his predecessors; he was forced to die by his own hand.
While the threat in Gaul was taken care of, Nero neglected to pay attention to Galba. The Hispanic governor had already been encouraged, brought into position and advocated to the Senate. But even though, Galba had already been assures support from many sources, he did not act against Nero in view of how his predecessors had been put down. This stance changed only when one certain man declared loyalty to him: Nymphidius Sabinus, the prefect of the Praetorian Guard, the Emperor’s personal bodyguards favoured Galba and volunteered to lead the revolution inside Rome.
Sabinus wasted no time. With a promise of wealth and fortune, he secured the support of the Praetorian Guard while he used promises of power to instigate the Senate against Emperor Nero, blaming him for the state of civil unrest in the provinces and advocating Galba as the new emperor. The Senate was all too willing to join Sabinus and declared Nero to be enemy of the state. In short time, the Praetorian Guard was sent to seize their own emperor. Nero had been warned already though, and as the guard with Sabinus at the front were entering the palace to arrest Nero, they found the Emperor awaiting them with a dagger in his outstretched arms, stabbing himself at the sight of the troops.

The death of Emperor Nero had caused the unrest. For the last century, the succession of the throne has stayed inside the Julio-Claudian dynasty. However, Nero died without leaving a legal heir to the throne. Galba knew this and rallied his elite troops to march towards Rome to make his bid for power. As soon as Galba would have reached Rome, he would surely claim the title of Emperor for himself. But there was time left until then and for the time being, the Senate could act without an unambiguous ruler. Galba as an alternative to Nero has rallied the Senators, but there might be better alternatives than Galba as well. If the Roman city and its legionaries could be united under one ruler before the Hispanic governor arrived, the previous deal was rendered null and void. The throne of the empire suddenly appeared within reach for the patriarchs. An while the legionaries were taking care of disposing Nero’s key advisors and confidants, the Senators started to create their plans how to seize the throne.

Previous Winners
Round 1: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26710) DarkLightDragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7519) (14 contestants)
Round 2: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27939) B-Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=2002) (8 capos)
Round 3: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28305) Bookman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14935) (12 pirates)
Round 4; (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28632) Alarra (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7141) (16 cowboys)
Round 5: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29474) Bookman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14935) (17 cavemen)
Round 6: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30904) Deckmaster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=10143) (20 hackers)
Round 7: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31739) DarkLightDragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7519) (27 shinobi)
Round 8: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32920) DarkLightDragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=7519) (28 rebels)
Round 9: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34975) Krursk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=15809) (32 treasure hunters)

Registration for Round 10 ends Thursday, 7 PM Eastern

Possible Themes for Future Rounds

Star Trek
Highwaymen (Richard Turpin, Tom King)
Fighting Jackie Chan style (Drunken Mastery & arbritary use of improvised equipment)
Snipers
War (England-Scotland, American Civil War, Thirty Year's)
Blaster Mages
Swashbuckling
Roman Gladiators
Jungle Fight/Amazons
Horse to Horse Combat/Huns/Goths/Mongols/Romans
Vikings
007 Spies
A-Team Agents
Vampires
Battle Royale
Sin City
Discworld Wizards
Gore & Splatter

Contestants: 35
Aegeus
Alarra
alec
Angela
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookman
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Cobra Ikari
DarkCorax
Deckmaster
Destro Yersul
DLD
evnafets
Fredricus
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
heretic
Indurain
Ink
inky13112
KewlKat
Khantalas
Krursk
Lord Herman
Lord Magtok
Lucky
purple gelatinous cube o' doom
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
skodra
Timberwolf
Zar Peter

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-06, 08:05 PM
Sign me up if you can

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-06, 08:05 PM
I would like to play as well, if I may

skodra
2007-03-06, 08:18 PM
I think I would like to give this round a try as well.

Aegeus
2007-03-06, 08:32 PM
I would like to play as well, if I may
Is it legal for a llama to become emperor?

Silkenfist
2007-03-06, 08:36 PM
Is it legal for a llama to become emperor?

Oh, I already have an idea how to include Atreyu. This one, he'll like.

inky13112
2007-03-06, 10:18 PM
Yay finally the new thread is up. I'm totally in. Ancient Rome is one of my favorite time periods ((cough go Carthage cough)):smallbiggrin:

Indurain
2007-03-06, 10:27 PM
I did alright last round, let's give it another shot.

Deckmaster
2007-03-06, 10:36 PM
I'm already signed up, so I'm just posting to subscribe.

And also to say good job to Silkenfist on the opening post.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-06, 11:08 PM
Very nice...

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-03-06, 11:16 PM
I'm in once again. Oh, and I've got another idea for future rounds. Halo (it would work well fi we ever did a team game.)

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-06, 11:30 PM
You could do a BR theme, if you wanted...might need a bit of tweaking, though...

Oh! Or a Sin City theme, maybe?

alec
2007-03-07, 02:17 AM
I'm definatly playing. *starts walking along the road*

Lord Herman
2007-03-07, 04:42 AM
Yay finally the new thread is up. I'm totally in. Ancient Rome is one of my favorite time periods ((cough go Carthage cough)):smallbiggrin:

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

evnafets
2007-03-07, 06:22 AM
Don't forget the former nobel peace prize winner, suicidal shell of a human being and arch-enemy of Faerwain
You're not leaving me out of this one.

Now, does anyone have a fiddle?

Rumda
2007-03-07, 07:38 AM
Yeah I'm in

Timberwolf
2007-03-07, 08:05 AM
Could someone post the rules please ? I've never played this before

Castaras
2007-03-07, 10:42 AM
Sign me up please.

Silkenfist
2007-03-07, 12:21 PM
cube: Sorry, but no. Ready, Aim, Fire! is not a team game and it would take too drastic alterations to make it one. Also, Gezina is doing a project that is close enough.

Timberwolf:
:durkon:: The Rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26710)

Timberwolf
2007-03-07, 12:26 PM
Ok, sign me up *aims at Castaras*

Castaras
2007-03-07, 12:27 PM
Hey thats nasty!

* Aims at Timberwolf *

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-07, 12:36 PM
Hey now!

Ikari stands between Castaras and Timberwolf.

Let's not be too triggerhappy here...

Timberwolf
2007-03-07, 12:43 PM
*turns around*

Hmmmm ?

*Gun swings towards the cobra

Castaras
2007-03-07, 12:44 PM
* Lowers gun *

Nah I won't shoot you. Yet.

Timberwolf
2007-03-07, 12:46 PM
Yet she says

*Takes hand with glowing fuse in away from the 12 pounder cannon*

Castaras
2007-03-07, 12:48 PM
Well the game hasn't started yet has it? Therefore it would be bad for my rep as a law abiding game player if I shot people before it started.

Zar Peter
2007-03-07, 12:49 PM
Hey! That's ancient Rome! You have pilums and daggers, maybe you can throw stones, but that's it.

Timberwolf
2007-03-07, 01:11 PM
Sorry

*gulitily hides the fuse and stands in front of the cannon*

Lord Herman
2007-03-07, 01:23 PM
Hey! That's ancient Rome! You have pilums and daggers, maybe you can throw stones, but that's it.

Pilums in the senate? Are you mad? In Rome, a proper political murder must be committed with a dagger. Which makes Clue a lot easier.

Shadow
2007-03-07, 01:51 PM
Hmmmm..... What to do with my first action.....

InaVegt
2007-03-07, 01:58 PM
Hmmmm..... What to do with my first action.....

Attack me, that way I'll survive the first turn.

Shadow
2007-03-07, 02:19 PM
Attack me, that way I'll survive the first turn.

Consider it done!

Zar Peter
2007-03-07, 02:33 PM
Oh, I can pay back Shadow! I love this game!

v next time we have to play together, than we are unbeatable!

Shadow
2007-03-07, 02:34 PM
You know you're my favorite target......

You take it so well that I've got to love you!

Aegeus
2007-03-07, 03:19 PM
So, how do you include a Red Mage into ancient Rome? Most people didn't wear red togas back then.

P.S. I'm going to be shooting indiscriminately, just not at the people who are trying to kill themselves already.

Castaras
2007-03-07, 03:21 PM
Now lets see...shall I kill myself or kill someone else?

Weebl
2007-03-07, 04:00 PM
Playing and killing!

Lord Magtok
2007-03-07, 04:08 PM
Contestants: 35
Castaras
Destro Yersul
Khantalas
Shadow
Zar Peter

The above people would likely want to kill me. Should I shoot myself, or risk one of them killing me? Hmmm... :smallconfused:

Castaras
2007-03-07, 04:10 PM
The above people would likely want to kill me. Should I shoot myself, or risk one of them killing me? Hmmm... :smallconfused:
Me? Why would I do a thing like that? :smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2007-03-07, 04:14 PM
You're a fellow AMEN person. Every single person from AMEN and EVIL would kill me in a heartbeat. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS A SUSPECT.

Castaras
2007-03-07, 04:21 PM
Now come on, why would I mutilate you, ignoring all the jokes, random events, and people you've turned against me?

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-07, 04:22 PM
When do we actually take our actions? After registration ends, I assume?

Calamity
2007-03-07, 04:24 PM
P(Calamity surviving the 1st round)= 0.02

Ah well, I'll try!

Fredricus
2007-03-07, 04:53 PM
What does a pirate do in a Roman senate? Noble gentleman pirate that is.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-07, 05:46 PM
Oh, I can pay back Shadow! I love this game!

v next time we have to play together, than we are unbeatable! ORLY?

:smallbiggrin:

Aegeus
2007-03-07, 09:36 PM
What does a pirate do in a Roman senate? Noble gentleman pirate that is.
Hey, Rome had some famous naval battles. If you have to fight in the Senate house itself, it could be a problem.

Lord Herman
2007-03-08, 02:23 AM
If we're all senators, we should watch out for penguins:

Penguins rally, defeat Senators in shootout (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/NHL:_Penguins_rally%2C_defeat_Senators_in_shootout )

I don't even know what sport it is about, but it gave me a rather amusing mental image.

pingcode20
2007-03-08, 02:44 AM
Ooh, another Ready Aim Fire! I'm in.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-08, 04:29 AM
*notices that Decken is playing*

*aims a gun with "4TH DEGREE!" engraved on the side*

Ezlo
2007-03-08, 02:07 PM
I'm in! When do we start PMing stuff?

2007-03-08, 02:24 PM
oh, I thought of another future round theme. How about cheesy slasher flick. As to those wondering when we're going to begin, it's stated in the first post.

faerwain
2007-03-08, 04:16 PM
*woof* 7 pm EST..should have made it..or did you already put me on auto sign up?:smallwink:

Faerwinius non olet!!

(What?!)

Aegeus
2007-03-08, 06:19 PM
Faerwin does not stink? No-one said you did!

Aut victoria aut nihil!

Silkenfist
2007-03-08, 08:36 PM
The first rays of sunlight start touching the roof structure of the Curia Julia, the temple in which the Senate assembles. The session would not start for two hours but the recent events have made the Senators more nervous than they used to be. Several aged men dressed in white tunics huddle around the temple, not wanting to take a chance to miss something important. They are suspiciously watched by the attending priest who tries to simultaneously block the entrance and prevent the Senators from conducting an unofficial session on unhallowed ground. Still the priest is not able to prevent all chatter and there, outside the temple in the receding darkness, small alliances are already being formed. Just in case they would be needed later.
As time passes more and more of the Senators arrive and as the priest of the Curia sees his pontifex arrive, he gives way for the Senators and prepares the rites to begin the session. All of them move to the atrium and wait for the invocation rites to begin while sneakily peeking into each others’ faces. They tried to disguise it but many of them appeared to have slept barely during the last nights. As the rites of invocation and cleansing pass, the Senate prepares for the first orations when they hear footsteps approaching the atrium. While the priest sings the last lines of his prayer, two men interrupt him. Nymphidius Sabinus and one of his attendants have entered the congregation. Sabinus continues to turn to the Senators while his attendant gestures the priest to not object. Still, there is a loud murmur in the hall in face of the broken taboo.
“Listen to me, wise men.” Sabinus addresses the assembled politicians. I carry information you might consider interesting. Your friend Galba has already drafted an army and as we speak he is marching towards Rome. We will…”
“Sabinus!” a voice thunders through the audience as the pontifex speaks up. “You have come to tell us what we know already? You are desecrating the temple and disregarding the Senate. You threaten a priest to Jupiter, you orate when neither invited nor allowed and you bring weapons into a temple. You may continue your speech but only because it breaks the Senate’s rule to not let a speaker finish his speech. But I warn you: If your oration does not contain anything worthy, you will be held liable for your violations and I will personally make sure to have you dismissed.” The Senators around the speaker nod silently. Sabinus’ had been rude and technically he was not allowed to be present. However, he had already been in the Senate as requested guest orator and he was known to have an influence on many Senators. He might actually have something useful to say.
“Thank you pontifex maximus” the guard captain replies, barely holding back the sarcasm in his voice. “You are indeed right that I already told you about the mobilisation. But I did not see any reply to this operation on your side – which I have to say is a bit disappointing. Galba is coming and he has an army, so what are you going to do? Sit around like cattle only waiting to be slaughtered as soon as the Hispanic governor appears. Will you greet him with open arms and hope that he does not carry a dagger? Are you that naïve?”
“I see no ground in your speech, guard.” One of the elder Senators in the back has stood up to join the debate. Galba is a noble and just man and we already assured him as Emperor. Yet, you want to spread harm, hate and mistrust. Why should we even listen to you?”
“Well Senator, let me put it this way. Galba will be very delighted to find the Empire presented to him on a silver plate. But he is not an imbecile. He knows what had happened to Caligula and he knows what happened to Nero. Both of them were removed by you or your predecessors. Don’t you think, a smart man like Galba would like a bit more… security. You are currently rooting out Nero’s last supporters. What makes you think, your new champion will not get similar ideas. What makes you think, he won’t want to…replace a few members of the Senate. And if he does, I can assure you he will not ask you nicely to leave.”
“Sabinus!” the pontifex has raised again, the blood rushing to his face. “You are describing a cold-blooded madman. I remember when you were here the last time you painted another picture of Galba. Who are you trying to double-cross here, Sabinus?”
“Oh, you must have misunderstood me in some regards. You asked me about Galba and I told you that Galba would be a strong Emperor and a great benefit for the glory of Rome. I did NOT say he would be nice and I did certainly not say he would be tolerating much resistance from the Senate.”
“Of course.” the pontifex’ voice has become a deep grumbling. “You don’t care what happens. The Emperor goes but the guard remains the same. And what is your business if this is true. Do you want to gloat or do you have a proposal to prevent yourself from dismissal.”
“As a matter of fact, I do have a proposal. You stand at the beginning of a new age. For three centuries, the Roman Republic was reigned informally by the Senate with each important office carried by different representatives. This was followed by the Emperors who assembled all power under one crown and kept their petty crown in their family. With Nero’s downfall, the family’s failure has been proven.” Sabinus turns to the Senate again and lays the hands on the handle of his sword. “This is the future. Galba is right about what will decide politics for the centuries to come. Rome is held together by the legions. Whoever controls the legions controls Rome. The only way for you to prevent Galba from rising to ultimate power is to have a greater military power to counter him.”
Satisfied, Sabinus watches his audience realize what he meant. Several Senators speak the three words simultaneously “Senatus consultum ultimum”
“Exactly. Certainly, this situation would allow you to issue this decree. There is no Emperor and some rogue governor is attempting to invade Rome. Forget about who invited him in the first place. No need for the legions to worry about it when they defend Rome. After you drive away Galba, you can go back to business.”
“A smart move, Sabinus. And I can certainly see it work. But please forgive me if I tell you that I don’t think you came up with it just tonight. You sent Galba to Rome and now you are telling us how to defend ourselves. You would have brought this up later anyway I guess, so no harm in asking now: What do you want from us? Do you want control of Hispania? Or Gaul?”
“You are close, Senator. But you are thinking too small. You can defeat Galba but you can’t prevent the changes from happening. You can’t go back to the Republic anymore, there has to be an Emperor. And in the minute, Galba started the march; he brought upon us the threat of civil war. And in those times, you will need a leader with ties into the legions.”
“Which you just happen to possess?”
“A very fortunate trait. Yes, I have command of the Praetorian Guard and I have contacts in centuries among any legions in the region. I must apologize that I brought this upon you, but in the situation as it stands, you will need to choose your leader and I am your only alternative.”
As Sabinus has finished his speech, silence fills the atrium. Uncomfortably, the Senators look at each other while Sabinus and his attendant stand still in front of the half-circle, awaiting their reply. Finally, it is one of the elder Senators and previous opponents to Sabinus to speak up again.
“Well, Sabinus: I have to give you that. You certainly know how to execute a plot. However, I would like to give you four lessons of advice. Firstly: Don’t tell Senators that you had used them when you still want something from them. Secondly: Don’t spread fear of Emperors running executions before advocating yourself as new Emperor. Thirdly: Don’t give away your best plan before you got what you need.” The Senator looks at Sabinus and sees with delight that the head of the guard has flinched. He blinks and inserts a dramatic pause before he continues: “Fourthly: If you go to the Senate, don’t choose the brother of a Senator to watch your back.”
Sabinus gasps with surprise but as his lungs will with blood instead of air he knows he is too late. His attendant had already drawn his sword and plunged it into his back. He falls on his knees and tries vainly to say something before he finally loses his senses.

Another uncomfortable silence ensues, but this time it is broken earlier by the Senator. “Poor Sabinus. He showed some potential but he uses it so poorly. Anyway, I guess I owe the priests a new temple seeing that this one can now be considered thoroughly desecrated. As to our situation: Nymphidius Sabinus was correct in one regard. We will have to resort to issue Senatus Consultum Ultimum and install an Emperor from our midst. The military will not matter, as soon as martial law is imposed, they will carry out their orders from whoever is on top.”
“Whoever is on top?” Two of the younger Senators have watched the spectacle but now they have raised and look at the others menacingly.
“Yes, if you would like to put it this way. I can only assume there is more than one of us claiming the crown. Also I think it would not be far-fetched to assume that whoever is appointed Emperor might resort to methods suggested by our friend Sabinus mere minutes ago. We will need a decision and we need it quick. Senators, I suggest this: If you are not eager to participate in this, leave Rome now and retreat to any of the Roman provinces to lead a happy and calm rest of your life there. But whoever stays in Rome shows ambition for the crown and treated as such. Did I make myself clear with that?”
The Senator looks into the audience, hoping that his speech was as intimidating as it was intended to be. However, it seems to have failed. A few Senators leave the temple but the majority stays and returns the look.
“Very well then. May a strong Emperor emerge.” The thirty-nine Senators back away from each other and start brewing plans.

Contestants: 39
Aegeus
Alarra
alec
Angela
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookman
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Cobra Ikari
DarkCorax
Deckmaster
Destro Yersul
DLD
evnafets
Ezlo
faerwain
Fredricus
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
heretic
Indurain
Ink
inky13112
KewlKat
Khantalas
Krursk
Lord Herman
Lord Magtok
Lucky
pingcode20
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
skodra
Timberwolf
weebl
Zar Peter

For Metagaming

:vaarsuvius:: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29553)

:roy:: The Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686881#post1686881)

We start things off with a three day round. Send your actions until Sunday, 6 PM Eastern

Lord Herman
2007-03-09, 02:57 AM
I stab pingcode20.

pingcode20
2007-03-09, 03:54 AM
...That's a little unexpected.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-09, 04:15 AM
*shuffle*

*shuffle*

David94
2007-03-09, 07:58 PM
*expletive.* I forgot to register.

Silkenfist
2007-03-11, 06:53 AM
11 hours until deadline and I still need 15 actions. Don't forget or a grue will eat you.

Silkenfist
2007-03-11, 04:03 PM
Still need a LOT of entries. I'll extend for one hour, please have your stuff sent until then.

Silkenfist
2007-03-11, 07:47 PM
Once again: The art of writing and editing on the fly:

The decision had been made and there was no turning back. While the dead body of the scheming Nymphidius Sabinus taints the stairs to the sacrificial flame, the 39 senators, he had tried to manipulate, start their own plans. However, not all of them are that keen to become involved in the conflict. The prospect of a quite life in the provinces, far away from the weeks of bloodshed to come, is too tempting for some of them. Quietly, five of them sneak out and head home to prepare their escape. They are Cobra Ikari, Dark Corax, heretic, Timberwolf and Atreyu, the direct descendant of the Llama, patronized and made Consul by Emperor Caligula during his reign. While they manage to escape unnoticed, weebl’s attempt to sneak away quietly is observed by Indurain. Indurain acts immediately by talking to the guard who had killed Sabinus and giving him a good description of both weebl and the way to his house. Mere minutes later, the Praetorian Guard is informed that their commander had been murdered by the wretched criminal weebl and that he was planning his escape to avoid punishment. Quickly a commando is dispatched and as they see that the culprit is indeed trying to leave the city, they have no doubts in finding him guilty and dragging him to his execution.
Deckmaster had eavesdropped on Indurain and decided that he does not wish to share poor weebl’s fate. He decides to leave the city outright without even stopping by his home. He tries to not draw too much attention towards him as he quickly leaves the temple and heads for the trap, he had left outside. Hurriedly, he hushes away the people in his way, jumps into the cart and yanks the reins to bring the horses to a furious gallop. With a small cloud of smoke, the cart darts down the road, leaving behind the two Senators who were pushed away by Deckmaster earlier. Angela and Destro Yersul get up and look at each other.
“He probably deserves this. I mean…he pushed us. How rude.”
Angela merely nods. Simultaneously, they toss up two small bolts that were holding the wheels to the axes, and catch them in their hands again.
“We might have told him. On an unrelated matter, when do you think, will he reach the first corner?”
A loud crash from behind them precedes Destro Yersul’s answer. “Now” he smiles and tosses up the bolt again.
Inside the temple, the other Senators are now completely engaged in their attempts to manipulate each other. The first to seize the initiative is a rather small Senator, a descendant of a captured East European barbarian tribe. At the sight of some Senators sneaking away, he had risen up and started the oration of his life. The Gnome Barbarian speaks about the freedom at stake, the history of glorious Emperors and the Senator’s duty to protect what Rome stands for. His strong speech indeed charms at least one member of his audience: To the Barbarian’s feet, skodra sits and listens to his words of wisdom. Others however, don’t seem to agree with Gnome Barbarian. Just as the short warrior is about to call upon the gods, he is attacked from behind by Rumda and the purple gelatinous cube. “Villain Rumda, what are you…” the Barbarian starts to speak but he does not get further: The attackers stab him repeatedly, forcing him down and murdering him on the spot. As the last twitches of the Barbarian fade, Rumda and the cube look down with satisfaction. But as they want to walk away to wash off the blood, they are startled by a scream from behind. Skodra has not managed to get over the loss of the orator. He grabs the daggers, the two murderers had dropped, and charges them. Before the two can defend themselves, skodra plunges the weapons to the hilt into their bodies. Rumda coughs once and falls over, dead before he hits the floor. The gelatinous cube however, gives skodra an irritated gaze, dissolves the dagger before his eyes and then just shuffles away.
As the cube scurries away, the sight of the two corpses overwhelm some of the Senators. Among the atrium of the temple to Jupiter, two Senators establish eye contact and head towards each other, noted by the others. At the stairs above the corpses they meet and fixate each other’s gaze.
“Van der Decken. I knew your foul stench the minute I entered.”
“Lady DarkLightDragon as charming as always. Shall I kill you outright or do you have something to say beforehand?”
“Something…yes, maybe. Listen, Captain: I will personally make sure that you don’t inherit this Empire if I need to. Unfortunately, this would probably come at the cost at losing my precious life in the process. I’d rather see you die at the hands of the incompetent rabble here, then seize the throne easily.”
“So what are you saying, then? A truce?”
“A truce, yes. We can kill each other later if we need to. If we do so now, the others will just pick off the winner. Let’s take out the others and come back later to settle this when we won’t be disrupted”
“I can live with that. Can I have a handshake on this?”
“Sure”
“So now we just turn back to our business, right?”
“Naturally”
“So, why don’t you turn away”
“No reason. I can stand here as long as I want. Why don’t you go away?”
“So I can turn my back to you.”
“Yes…so what?”
“So you can plant a knife there”
“As if you weren’t trying to do the same”
“Ha. A confession. Die, Liar!
“4th DEGREE!!!”
“For the Blue Serpent!!!”
The loud screams have caught the other’s attention. As the Senators look to the two rivals they see both of them drawing a concealed dagger and stabbing furiously at each other with mixed screams of pain and fury. After thirty seconds and countless inflicted wounds, the screams die down and the motions of the two becomes slower. With desperate thrusts, they stab each other one final time into the torsos, then slump down dead.
The sight of DarkLightDragon and Captain van der Decken’s vicious battle only upsets the Senators even more. But the one to be devastates most is the priest to the temple.
“What are you doing, you fools. This is… this was hallowed ground to Jupiter. You committed murder. You desecrated it.”
“Yes. Listen, we are sorry. We will build you a new temple once we have settled this.”
“That’s not what I meant. You committed an insult against Jupiter. If you kill someone in his temple, you insult Jupiter and you will lose the favor of Jupiter.”
“So…let me get this right. If we kill in a temple to Jupiter, Jupiter will hate us”
“Basically…yes”
“And now we have already done the worst possible thing with this temple”
“I don’t know what you are implying but yes, there could be nothing worse”
“Well, that’s great” Gezina turns away from the priest, smiling. “Listen, everyone. I think I have figured this out. Jupiter is pissed and hates us. We will need a new patron god to guide our session and help us. Now Jupiter doesn’t care what happens to this already defiled temple…” Gezina stops for one moment to hear the priest whimpering in the corner before she continues. “…so we can dedicate this temple to a new god. Would be a shame to tear it down. Hey priest dude, can you please baptise this temple to Pluto.”
The priests’ voice suddenly sounds squeamish. “You can’t do that. You can’t just change…”
“Whoever would want a temple with corpses in it other than the Lord of the Underworld.” Gezina doesn’t even wait for the priest’s answer as she starts improvised chants to Pluto and starts dragging the corpses towards the sacrificial flame. “Everyone join the rites of offering. Make Pluto approve.”
While the priest decides not to argue and better make a run for the exit, six of the Senators decide to join Gezina’s cult to Pluto. Alarra, Selrahc, Ink, Zar Peter, Castaras and Calamity help her throwing the bodies into the fire and start dancing around the offering, chanting invocation rites to the god of death and the underworld. The Senators with more sensibility back away from the flame as it starts to grow unnaturally high. Then in a sudden burst of flame, both the corpses and the living worshippers are consumed instantly only leaving behind ashes and the stunned gazes of the surviving Senators.
As the smoke clears and the remaining Senators completely regain their senses, Lord Magtok becomes the next to come up with something. In the violent outbreaks of the past minutes, none of the participants had found success. There was nothing to gain with violence. To succeed, the Senators would have to play the field of politics again. He gets out ink and quill and quickly writes up a petition to abolish death and violence in court and senate meetings. Satisfied, he looks at his work:
‘I. Killing each other is not allowed
II. Killing yourself neither’
Satisfied with this masterwork, he rushes several Senators, trying to get them to sign the petition. Most of his fellow Senators just give Magtok a strange look and walk away, but KewlKat, Khantalas and Krursk nod and put their names onto the paper as well.
The Senator by the name of pingcode, however, keeps observing Magtok’s strategy. An idea rises to his mind, how to abuse Magtok’s idea. He retreats for a while and scribes his own paper. As he returns, he tries to gather support as well: “Stop killing. If you want to ban becoming killed, sign here” he yells but only one of the Senators responds. Aegeus approaches pingcode and signs the paper without even looking at it. Pingcode smiles and hurries away with Aegeus’ signature.
A short time later, when the red mage has gone outside to take a walk, he suddenly finds himself being addressed by a large man.
“Are you Aegeus” the giant snarls.
“Indeed, I am.” Aegeus can’t help but notice the man’s large cart and the whip at his side.
“Good. Now come.” The man grasps Aegeus’ wrist and drags him away.
“Wait, what are you doing?”
The man stops for a second and looks at the squirming Aegeus. Then he shows him the paper he had just been presented.
“You wrote this. Ahem ‘I, the signatory hereby enrol myself to serve Iratius, commander of the Trireme squad for as long as he sees fit. I allow to be enlisted for any work and I surrender any rights to the commander. Further, I surrender any personal rights including the right to renounce this contract at a later time’. This is your signature, right?”
“Yes, but…”
“But nothing. The oars won’t row themselves.” The man drags Aegeus to the cart. “You can tell me later if you want a place at the alleyway or at the hull.”
“But nothing. The oars won’t row themselves.” The man drags Aegeus to the cart. “You can tell me later if you want a place at the alleyway or at the hull.”
While Aegeus is being dragged away, Ezlo has seized the position of the orator. When Magtok and pingcode had started taking signatures, he had sneaked in his own little petition. Now he had the precious in his hands, containing something that might solve everyone’s problems. He turns to the few remaining Senators and speaks up.
“My dearest friends. We have experienced terrible losses today and still there is the threat of an invasion looming over us. I understand that you are afraid and that you might need something to cheer you up. This petition has always been my dream and now I could finally gain enough support to make it official. My friends, from this day forward, this rule will be imposed in Rome:
Meatloaf Day
I. Every eleventh day of Juno is Meatloaf Day
II. On Meatloaf Day, citizens are encouraged but not obligated to enjoy a tasty meatloaf.
III. This does prevent them from enjoying meatloaf during other days as well.’”
The observing Senators drop their jaws while Ezlo keeps standing in front of them, smiling broadly. “Well, what do you think of it?”
Instead of hearing an answer, Ezlo notices that his shadow before his feet is suddenly being joined by three others. He feels the heat of bodies to his left and right. Too afraid to turn around or run away, he stands there paralysed as he hears the answer to his question being hissed in his ear from behind.
“This is what we think of Meatloaf Day” Fredricus hisses before he plunges his dagger into Ezlo’s back. Shadow and inky join Fredricus and with twenty-three stabs they force Ezlo down onto the stone floor, where he expires, disappointed of the lack of appreciation for meatloaf.
After the brutal death of Ezlo, the evening is already drawing near and most of the remaining Senators have already left the temple to catch a bit of sleep before continuing the fight. Lucky and alec don’t plan on sleeping, though. They are still feeling awake enough to take out one of their adversaries. After a short debate on who would be the best target, they decide to team up against Lord Herman. The patriarch had meddled in their affairs for too long and would pay for it. Together, alec and Lucky sneak to Herman’s house as the evening sets in. They enter with swords drawn and search the house for their victim but to their great surprise the house is completely empty. Even the slave’s quarters are devoid of anybody. The two don’t know what to make out of it and set up an ambush for Lucky. With their weapons drawn, they hide near the entrance, ready to pounce at Lord Herman as soon as he comes in.
Lucky and alec don’t have to wait long. From the other side of the door, they hear footsteps approaching. A lot of footsteps. The two ambushers listen closely as the sounds stop directly at the other side of the wall. Someone outside is reading something but the two are not able to make out much detail from behind the thick wall. What they are not seeing is a centurion of the XIIth legion with his whole century behind him.
“Lord Herman, Senator of the Council. You are accused of treason and acting against the state, namely the military. As evidence I carry the note in your handwriting that has been delivered to us earlier. I cite: ‘Legionaries are wimpy little girls who dress up and like to cuddle smelly barbarians. They look cute in their fancy uniforms and prank around a lot to turn on their centurion’ Handwriting and style has been confirmedly yours and you will be held liable for this. Legionaries: rifle through this house, kill everyone and burn it to the ground.”
One hour later, Lord Herman returns slightly staggering. He had decided to make a stop in the tavern for a last goodbye-life-drink after he had sent the note to the legionaries. As he walks up the road to his house, he feels ready for the soldiers to find him. However, the sight of his razed home sobers him up immediately. He runs towards the ruins, but the legion is already gone.
“There goes my plan” Lord Herman thinks as he sits down next to the collapsed walls. He abolishes the suicide plans for now to go back to the tavern. Only one thing bothered him, though. If he let his slaves go before writing the letter – what were the two charred corpses doing in the ruins?
While Herman gets himself a room for the night in the tavern, evnafets, faerwain and Bookman have taken a table in a darker corner. Evnafets had called both of his rivals here to debate strategy over some herbal wine. They had already two rummers each, which seemed to be necessary to even start talking. After all, the rivalry between evnafets and the two of them was famous and there were few sessions without a dispute between them. Bookman and faerwain were reluctant to appear, but after all they appeared to listen. Evnafets takes another sip from his wine before speaking.
“Bookman, faerwain: Good to see that you trusted me enough to let me talk to you. In this one day, our Senate has lost many good people. Good people who could have lived and served Rome for more years. We need this madness to end and this can only happen if we stand united. We need a strong united Senate to bring us safely through the next weeks. We can’t allow ourselves to indulge in petty rivalries. That’s why I brought you here: To put aside our conflict. I may not agree with you on many things but right now we must fight for the greater good of Rome. In this time of need, we are obliged to stand united and I am willing to make this happen. Now can you say the same?”
Evnafets inhales and relaxes. He had brought it out without appearing weak. He looks at his two former enemies and he sees that they are indeed reacting to his speech. A tear appears in faerwain’s eye and Bookman’s lower lip is trembling. Warmth rises in evnafets as he listens to them speak up.
“Evnafets…this was just beautiful. Wise and beautiful. I have to say, also in the name of Bookman I guess, that we have found new respect for you because of this. I see that you are right and that we should not waste our power destroying each other.” Faerwain and Bookman exchange a look before Bookman continues. “We want to tell you that you really touched us and we want to be entirely honest to you and we hope you believe us when we say…we are sorry, we poisoned your wine earlier.”
“Wha…” evnafets managed to say before his head hits the table. A stream of blood and saliva trickles out of his mouth and nose while Bookman and faerwain look at each other uncomfortably.

pingcode20
2007-03-11, 08:53 PM
Aww snap. I musn't have actually clicked 'send' for my action.

Silkenfist
2007-03-11, 09:01 PM
You did. I have your action but it will appear later. I edit it step by step as I write the stuff.

evnafets
2007-03-11, 09:17 PM
Nice way to commit suicide. Light a burning sacrifice to Pluto, and burn yourself up in the process. But was it Pluto or Jupiter who was fanning the flames?

Still more to come. I shot into the air. The question is, did anybody shoot me?

Answer: yes.
DARN YOU FAERWAIN!

Silkenfist
2007-03-11, 10:28 PM
All actions of this round:
Aegeus: Air
Alarra: Self
alec: Lord Herman
Angela: Deckmaster
Atreyu the Masked Llama: Timeout
Bookman: evnafets
Calamity: Self
Captain van der Decken: DLD
Castaras: Self
CobraIkari: Timeout
DarkCorax: Timeout
Deckmaster: Timeout
Destro Yersul: Deckmaster
DLD: Captain van der Decken
evnafets: Air
Ezlo: Air
faerwain: evnafets
Fredricus: Ezlo
Gezina: Self
GnomeBarbarian: Air
heretic: Timeout
Indurain: weebl
Ink: Self
inky13112: Ezlo
KewlKat: Air
Khantalas: Air
Krursk: Air
Lord Herman: Self
Lord Magtok: Air
Lucky: Lord Herman
pingcode20: Aegeus
purple gelatinous cube o' doom: Gnome Barbarian
Rumda: Gnome Barbarian
Selrahc: Self
Shadow: Ezlo
skodra: Rumda
Timberwolf: Timeout
weebl: Timeout
Zar Peter: Self

Alive: 21
Angela
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookman
Cobra Ikari
DarkCorax
Destro Yersul
faerwain
Fredricus
heretic
Indurain
inky13112
KewlKat
Khantalas
Krursk
Lord Herman
Lord Magtok
pingcode20
Shadow
skodra
Timberwolf

Not So: 18
Aegeus
Alarra
alec
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Deckmaster
DLD
evnafets
Ezlo
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Ink
Lucky
Rumda
Selrahc
weebl
Zar Peter

Hall of Fame updates will follow later. The next round starts right now, though. Send your actions until Tuesday, 6 PM Eastern

Bookman
2007-03-11, 11:27 PM
DARN YOU FAERWAIN!

And Bookman! :biggrin:

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 02:49 AM
Heheheh. Veeerry nice.

Calamity
2007-03-12, 02:52 AM
D'oh! Shooting myself wasn't a very good idea was it?

Rumda
2007-03-12, 02:54 AM
Damn you skodra

Krursk
2007-03-12, 05:31 AM
So, now I'm morally obligated to not kill anyone. Damn, because that's happened

Silkenfist
2007-03-12, 05:52 AM
Stuff is updated. Have a look at these:

:vaarsuvius:: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29553)

:roy:: The Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1686881#post1686881)

Krursk makes a stunning entrance into the Hall of Fame, being simultaneously awarded the titles of Survival Expert, Nobel Peace Prize Winner and Most Loved One. On the other hand, he is now listed in the statistics which means a big target mark on his chest.

Further good news: We have new grudges. Secret society grudge Van der Decken vs. DLD and Who is more homicidal-grudge alec vs. Lord Herman are now listed.

Lord Herman
2007-03-12, 06:20 AM
Yay for my clever suicide tactic!

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 06:30 AM
Silkenfist?

I LOVE YOU!

Castaras
2007-03-12, 11:00 AM
* Ghost Dances round the flames *

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 11:47 AM
I have to watch my back twice now.

How do I keep up two grudges?

DarkCorax
2007-03-12, 01:14 PM
Ah damn it! I'm sure I had subscribed to this thread.

Timberwolf
2007-03-12, 01:56 PM
I had no idea this had started.

Ah well, next time I'll get going.

Silkenfist
2007-03-12, 02:24 PM
Uhm Timberwolf? You know you're still in the game, right?

Timberwolf
2007-03-12, 03:37 PM
Yep, sure am, why, do you want an action tonight or something ? I've never actually played this before so I don't have a clue when I'm meant to do stuff.

Silkenfist
2007-03-12, 04:26 PM
Each round each player sends in one of the three possible actions: Shooting yourself, shooting the Air or shooting someone else. After I close the round, I calculate the results and write up the storyline.

Usually I'm announcing the round with a deadline to send me your action. The deadline for the current action is tomorrow, 6 PM Eastern. Please choose one of the possible actions (and a target if you want to shoot someone else) and send it to me until then.

evnafets
2007-03-12, 04:58 PM
Just to clarify one more thing: If you don't send in an action, you are considered to be "Shooting in the air". However you can still survive the round if noone targets you.

Hence why Timberwolf is still in the game, despite not sending in an action.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 05:33 PM
I have to watch my back twice now.

How do I keep up two grudges? That doesn't mean I can't stab you from the front! :smallamused:

*4th Degree frontal assault*

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-12, 06:01 PM
What's this 4th degree thing?

Aegeus
2007-03-12, 08:07 PM
Ha! I'm not technically dead (although I did get sold into slavery)! And I'm sure that the mighty(?) Red Mage can return in time for round 11! I just need to avoid those pesky contracts...

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 08:13 PM
What's this 4th degree thing? There was a game called Paranoia on here some time ago, and these were the names of our secret societies. We still like to tease each other with them :smallbiggrin:

Ezlo
2007-03-12, 11:16 PM
YES!! My Reverse-Reverse-Reverse-Reverse-Reverse Psychology worked! Awesome!

But wait? Meatloaf day? No one wants a meatloaf day? That's so sad.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-13, 01:39 AM
There was a game called Paranoia on here some time ago, and these were the names of our secret societies. We still like to tease each other with them :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I was a spy, spying on the 4th Degree (For the Blue Serpent!). Anyway, apparently DLD trusted me.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-13, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I was a spy, spying on the 4th Degree (For the Blue Serpent!). Anyway, apparently DLD trusted me. Only 'cause JX didn't mention spies. And I also wanted to kill the person who I ended up pointing at. AND I got to boss around your leader afterwards :smallbiggrin:

Silkenfist
2007-03-13, 08:48 AM
A bit more than 9 hours until deadline. Everyone send me something, timing out twice in a row causes death by a Grue.

inky13112
2007-03-13, 11:09 AM
Awww but I like meatloaf :smallfrown:

Shadow
2007-03-13, 12:40 PM
But wait? Meatloaf day? No one wants a meatloaf day? That's so sad.
I think we made it abundantly clear what we think of Meatloaf Day.

Lord Magtok
2007-03-13, 01:16 PM
Indeed. Hey Shadow, you're going to stab me, right? I better send that PM in right away.

Shadow
2007-03-13, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't kill my own apprentice!
I have to go in to work right now to re-program the registers though, so I can't train you any today.

This promotion is killing me until I get things the way that I want them!
And my OCD won't let up!

Fredricus
2007-03-13, 02:20 PM
You both are my apprentices. You followed my example :smallbiggrin:

Silkenfist
2007-03-13, 06:58 PM
The usual routine: I write your fate on the fly. If you are not listed here, check back later.

The crescent moon has risen high above the city of Rome. The past day had seen the death of countless politicians at the hands of their adversaries in an all-out power struggle to seize the position of supreme emperor. The Senators had become reckless by the prospect of claiming the position for themselves and viciously they had attacked each other. 21 of them had survived the first day but even though it had been exhausting for them, none of them were even remotely thinking of sleep. Whether it is the impulse to gain an edge against their rivals or the pure fear of being murdered in their sleep – none of them wastes the night sleeping.
However, not all of the Senators are willing to engage in the struggle. The heretic Senator, disturbed by the murders and the unexplainable sign from below had decided to leave the city to find peace in the provinces. In a hurry he has packed his bundle and runs towards the city gate, anxiously looking to each side. Heretic manages to reach the gate unscathed but to his dismay he finds the gate closed and two soldiers barring his way.
“Halt, citizen. You are not to leave the city. We are searching for a Senator accused for treason.”
“But I have to leave. I am being pursued and I will be killed if I don’t leave”
“Ah. And who persecutes you then?”
“The uhm…actually I am not. But I could be and I need to leave.”
“Right…but maybe there is some other reason why you wish to leave. Maybe you are a criminal trying to escape?”
“No I am not. I am just a respectable Senator who is trying to…oops.”
“You heard him. GUARDS! Seize the traitor. I want to see him in the coliseum show for tomorrow.
While heretic is being dragged away, his screams can be heard throughout the main street. One of the few places not penetrated by his despair is one noble tavern just south of the city gate. The tavern is filled with guests and the spirits are high in the summer night as the inn is mostly filled with patrons who are trying to forget about the past events and do so by drowning their sorrow with large rummers of red wine. Only two guests appear overtly sad and they are sitting in the darkest corner of the taproom. Faerwain and Bookman had managed to get rid of the corpse of evnafets, the Senator they had killed earlier. However, their guilt presses down heavily on them. Apathetically, they finish their wine and look at each other.
“It was wrong what we have done”
“I know. But we have to get over it somehow.”
“By doing what? I have no idea what do no.”
“Neither do I, I have to confess. I’ll sleep over it for the night and I can only advise you to do the same. Better don’t do anything hasty. BARKEEP! One room please.”
“Two rooms then. I’ll rather stay here as well.”
The innkeeper shuffles over to Bookman and faerwain while balancing the pearls on his abacus. “I am sorry but all my rooms are already occupied. It would be an honor but there is just no room for…”
“They can have my room!” Lord Herman interrupts the innkeeper. He descends from the first floor and smiled at his colleagues. “Don’t worry, it has two beds. Barkeep, I won’t need it anymore, I hope you won’t charge me if the two gentlemen here will take it for me.”
Lord Herman doesn’t even wait for an answer as he walks out. Almost trance-like he leaves the inn and walks down the street towards the guardhouse, clutching tightly the signet ring on his left hand. He had plotted his death earlier and caused the death of two innocents, there was no way for him to return to business as usual. As the guardhouse appears around the corner, Herman starts sweating more and more but he forces himself to walk inside and address the captain of the night watch.
“Are you the captain for the night.”
“I am. What is your concern?”
“I heard you are searching for a criminal Senator”
“That is correct. Let’s see…Senator Herman, accused of treason and acting against the state. Do you have information?”
“You could say so, yes. I am turning myself in. I am Herman.” He drops his signet ring on the table with ostentation.
The captain looks baffled at the ring, then at one of his scrolls, then at Herman again. “This cannot be. We actually imprisoned and sentenced to death someone for this crime.” He scratches his head and shrugs. “Ah well. When dealing with treason, better make sure. GUARDS! Seize the Senator and have him brought to the dungeons below the coliseum. He will be on the menu for the tigers tomorrow.”
Lord Herman doesn’t even resist as he is dragged away, puzzled only to who the captain could have meant earlier.
While Lord Herman had been stricken by a flash of guilt, other Senators have been kept awake by more nefarious purposes. One of them is skodra. The young and ambitious Senator is still grieving over the loss of the skilful Barbarian orator he had listened to last day. When the Barbarian had been brutally murdered by two attackers, skodra swore a death oath to avenge him and kill his murderers. The first murderer had found his death at skodra’s hands immediately. The other one, the purple gelatinous cube, however, proved to be immune to normal attacks. Skodra would have to devise a better plan to get rid of his opponent. But this time he was prepared. He had brought a thin hemp string to cut his opponent into slices and he had followed the cube to find an opportunity to strike. As skodra sees his opponent enter his house, he steps back to detect the bedroom window, then enters the estate silently and sneaks to the wall below.
Inside the house, the purple cube had been thinking about the past day and most importantly about Sabinus’ speech. The guard had been right all along. Rome would become an Empire driven by the military anyway. There was no way, civilian Senators could keep the legions in check. Even if he managed to survive the next days, they would not be able to resist Galba’s invasion. And surely the new Emperor would spent his first legal act on getting rid of untrustworthy Senators. The cube sighs “Better end it right now” and wobbles towards its bedroom window. Suicide was not easy in this form but a drop from sufficient height should cause enough damage to splatter him over the floor.
Below the very same bedroom window, skodra has started climbing the wall and was making good progress, carrying the string in his teeth. In his mind, he already starts to make plans on how he would make horizontal and vertical and diagonal slices, then crush the tiny slices under his toes. He is so absorbed in his lust for vengeance that he does not notice what happens just above him. As he looks up, it is already too late. The purple cube had already finished wobbling itself out of the window. Excruciatingly slowly, the cube tilts outside and drops down, dragging the hapless skodra with it.
A few seconds later, the cube appears surprised that the drop did not yield the intended result but a look below makes the reason clear. It had landed on the crushed corpse of skodra that had cushioned the fall enough to make it survivable. Still the cube is somewhat impaled on the remains and is unable to move before it is finished dissolving them. Reluctantly, the cube adjourns the suicide plans and starts dissolving the obstruction.
Skodra’s plan had failed spectacularly but some other Senators had similar ideas to use the guise of the night to conceal their foul plans. One of them is Indurain who had decided to get rid of Senator inky. Armed with his best and sturdiest dagger, he moves through the back roads of Rome, avoiding the eyes of the guards. He reaches inky’s estate unseen and waits patiently in a distance. As he sees all lights in the house extinguished, he sneaks into the estate and observes the house, thinking through his plan. There might be slave’s quarters behind the entrance and he could wake someone up. The stables however, that are located next to the main house, could maybe offer an entrance with lesser risk. He decides to check it out at least and enters the stables. As he does so, he forgets about his mission for a moment. The stable is filled with beautiful and exotic horses that attract his attention for a while, especially since they appear strangely familiar. Indurain shrugs it off and turns towards the door in the back when he suddenly realizes where the feeling of familiarity came from. Albeit, it is too late already. Two hooves it him from behind in the lower back and send him paralysed on the ground. Helplessly he has to watch the Senator Llama approach him and stomp is writhing body repeatedly. Hurt badly and bleeding from countless wounds, Indurain looks up questioningly.
“It looks demeaning but it is actually quite comfortable and I have nice company” the Llama says. “Besides, it has proven quite useful. Who would expect me here?”
“Anyone able to read hoofprints, beast.” a voice sounds from the entrance of the stable. The Llama turns it head to watch the intruder but it doesn’t even get to see him. From below, Indurain sees the Llama’s head thrown back violently as a crossbow bolt hits it clean into the left eye. The Llama lets out a loud painful bleating, and then falls to the ground in terminal silence. From out of the shadows, Timberwolf steps up to the battered Indurain, trying to calm him down. “Relax. I do not wish to kill you; my target was the Llama alone. I will get you out and you just owe me a favour, agreed?” Timberwolf sees Indurain nod and continues. “Good. How badly are you hurt? Can you walk?” Indurain shakes his head, causing Timberwolf to ponder for a moment. “That will make things difficult. But maybe I can prepare one of the horses to carry you.”
Timberwolf drops his crossbow and starts to search the stable for equipment to help the injured Indurain escape. At first he is without success but after rummaging for a while, he finds a stash of special saddles that look promising. He is so immersed in examining them, that he doesn’t notice Indurain’s grunts becoming louder. As they are almost turning into screams, he becomes unnerved, though.
“Try to be quite, Indurain. Inky will hear us if you keep it up.”
“Oh, no need to warn your friend.” Timberwolf freezes as he hears inky’s voice only inches behind his hears. “Atreyu’s screams woke me up. Nice of you to actually stay here.” With these words inky plunges his knife up to the hilt into Timberwolf’s back. Satisfied, he looks down at the dying Timberwolf before he retrieves his knife and calmly walks up to Indurain.
“So and now to you, Senator Indurain. I am afraid I could not let your friend have an opportunity to speak up for himself. Is there anything you would like to get out for either of you two before I taint my stables with your blood?” Condescendingly, inky looks down at his opponent who is lying down in the straw crouched over and moving only painfully. However, inky’s calm is annihilated as he catches a glimpse at what Indurain had crouched over. “One word: DIE!” Indurain coughs as he aims the reloaded crossbow at his adversary and pulls the trigger. In an reflex, inky opens his mouth but he doesn’t get out a word before the bolt drills itself into his cranium and brings him down.
Grimly smiling, Indurain gathers his last reserves to get up to his knees. Slowly and shaken by the pain of countless bruises and broken ribs he trudges out of the stables and away from inky’s estate as quickly as his broken body allows. Pure willpower and the need not to collapse near the site of crime allow him to remain conscious. But as soon as Indurain has dragged himself out onto the street, his muscles give up and just let him slump down. Only partially conscious, Indurain sees someone approach from the corner of his eye. He is unable to lift his head to determine the identity but he feels the warmth of someone kneeling besides him.
“Indurain?”
“Nnh!”
“Can you hear me?”
“Nnh!”
“Shall I get you to safety?”
“Nnh!”
Indurain’s stressed senses still don’t know who he had talked to but he is too glad as he feels how he is picked up and lain over the shoulder. The broken bones in his body protest as he is carried away but Indurain’s mind suppresses their signals. He was going to be safe, no matter what. With dulled senses, Indurain senses the warm air rushing against his face for a while. Then he senses air rushing past his face even quicker, then something cold all around and then nothing.
Sixteen feet above, Shadow watches air bubbles rise to the surface of the Tiber as Indurain sinks to the depths of the river. He stretches his back a bit to relieve it while staying long enough to make sure his opponent does not resurface. Sure, he could have left him to die out there, but this felt like a cleaner solution. “Much cleaner” Shadow thinks as he sets off again.

Silkenfist
2007-03-13, 09:39 PM
On his way home, Shadow strides past the newfound Temple to Pluto, pondering what he could do for his goals tomorrow in the currently uninhabited temple. But had he looked more closely, Shadow would have noticed that there is someone in the temple. Three Senators had snuck inside and armed themselves with ink and scrolls. They spread a blank scroll on the small podium in the temple and let the quill soak itself with ink. Solemnly they look at each other as they raise their hands to swear their oath. Their unison voices fill the temple as they speak their noble pledge.
“We, the triumvirate for the reconstruction and strengthening of the Senate swear to serve Rome to our best ability, to abide the laws and code of the city and the Senate and refrain from violence against others. We swear to spend all our efforts on rebuilding the Senate in its old form and to ensure the security and safety of the Roman citizens. We hereby sign our responsibility for the benefit of Rome.”
Lord Magtok is the first one to step up. “I, Lord Magtok, sign responsibility for the military, the legion and the armed protection of the Roman Empire.” he speaks while he writes the very same onto the scroll and stashes it away in the temple’s archives.
Krursk steps up next: “I, Krursk, sign responsibility for the health of the citizens, for the improvement of culture, arts and education, for public hygiene and wellbeing.” He also writes his speech and puts it away.
KewlKat completes the triumvirate. “I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice.”
The triumvirate exchanges satisfied looks. They would surely be able to rebuild both Senate and City against any hindering influences from outside. Side by side they leave the temple, not noticing that KewlKat’s scroll is still lying on the podium. Unfortunately for the triumvirate, they were not the only ones to pay a nightly visit to the temple. Since the priests to Jupiter had left the place, there was nobody left to control the archives, so there were several nightly visits to ensue.
Fredricus and pingcode are the next to sneak into the temple. At first they were interested in whether the place could possibly be trapped but the signed document on the pedestal quickly catches their attention. As the two of them read the carefully crafted lines, a vicious thought befalls both of their minds simultaneously. They bring ink and quill again and change some of the lines. After they have left, the document reads: “I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by Fredricus and sentenced to execution with special honors to pingcode20.”
Fredricus and pingcode snicker while writing up the passages and leave the temple, high fiving each other on the way out.
Fredricus and pingcode snicker while writing up the passages and leave the temple, high fiving each other on the way out. However, the sound of their hands alarms Destro Yersul who had been lurking outside the temple. Destro Yersul quickly hides between the pillars at the entrance and sneaks into the temple, just as Fredricus and pingcode have left. He has a look at the scroll himself, laughs and shakes his head. After thinking about it for a minute, he adds his own alterations so the document reads:
“I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by together with Fredricus and both of us to be sentenced to execution with special honors to pingcode20. The property of the executed ones shall be bequeathed to Destro Yersul”
Destro Yersul proofreads the text one last time, then puts it back to be found the next day and exits the temple as quickly as possible. On his rush out, he doesn't notice Angela. His rival had followed him earlier, waiting for an opportunity to strike. The strange thing inside the temple seems more promising, though, so she decides to have a look at it instead. As soon as she finds the document, she is quick to add a few lines herself:
“I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by together with Fredricus and both of us to be sentenced to execution with special honors to pingcode20. The property of the executed ones shall be bequeathed to Destro Yersul's heiress Angela after his execution together with the aforementioned.”
Angela takes a satisfied look at the paper and leaves it there when she leaves the temple to go home. Her own fatigue prevents her from noticing Khantalas who enters the temple behind her to add his own ideas. He alters the paper to:
“I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by together with Fredricus and both of us to be sentenced to execution together with special honors to pingcode20 in fron of a special tribune for Khantalas. The property of the executed ones shall be bequeathed to Destro Yersul's heiress Angela after his execution together with the aforementioned.”
With a silent cackle, Khantalas leaves the temple, too absorbed in his pleasant anticipation to stash away the document. Only minutes after he had left, Cobra Ikari becomes the next one to sneak into the temple for a revision:
“I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by together with Fredricus and both of us to be sentenced to execution together with special honors to pingcode20 in fron of a special tribune for and Khantalas. Cobra Ikari is allowed decide on the method of execution in the coliseum. The property of the executed ones shall be bequeathed to Destro Yersul's heiress Angela after his execution together with the aforementioned.”
Cobra Ikari reads the list of soon to be dead contrahents and the joy makes him pay no heed to caution as well. He leaves the document to Dark Corax who enters the temple just before dawn. After reading the mutiply reworded law, Dark Corax decides to make one last adjustment:
“I, KewlKat, sign responsibility for the preservation for order in all of the Roman Empire, for the enforcement of the law and for action against crime and injustice. I allow to be seized by together with Fredricus and both of us to be sentenced to execution together with special honors to pingcode20 in fron of a special tribune for and Khantalas. Cobra Ikari is allowed decide on the method of his and the other's execution in the coliseum, the choice being limited to tiger or lion. The property of the executed ones shall be bequeathed to Destro Yersul's heiress Angela after his execution together with the aforementioned.”
Dark Corax studies the paper for some time, concludes that it fits his plan and takes it with him. On his way home, he stops shortly at the guardhouse to ask the captain to send a few strong men to the next session of the Senate. There would surely be some men violently refusing the next law that would be brought into action...

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-13, 09:41 PM
Holy boop, that's an insane death chain.

Silkenfist
2007-03-13, 09:46 PM
Your Actions:

Angela: Destro Yersul
Atreyu the Masked Llama: Indurain
Bookman: Timeout
Cobra Ikari: Khantalas
DarkCorax: Cobra Ikari
Destro Yersul: Fredricus
faerwain: Timeout
Fredricus: KewlKat
heretic: Timeout (Lethal)
Indurain: inky13112
inky13112: Timberwolf
KewlKat: Air
Khantalas: pingcode20
Lord Herman: Self
pingcode20: KewlKat
purple gelatinous cube o' doom: Self
Shadow: Indurain
skodra: purple gelatinous cube
Timberwolf: Atreyu the Masked Llama

Jupiter's Children: 8
Angela
Bookman
DarkCorax
faerwain
Krursk
Lord Magtok
Shadow

Pluto's Prisoners: 31
Aegeus
Alarra
alec
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Cobra Ikari
Deckmaster
Destro Yersul
DLD
evnafets
Ezlo
Fredricus
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
heretic
Indurain
Ink
inky13112
KewlKat
Khantalas
Lord Herman
Lucky
pingcode20
Rumda
Selrahc
skodra
Timberwolf
weebl
Zar Peter

Just 8 of you remained? Whoa...

Please send your actions until Thursday, 5 PM Eastern

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-13, 09:48 PM
I KNEW I should have shot myself... 'twould have proven interesting, methinks.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-13, 09:59 PM
Oh, by the way, I pick lion. I could win that fight. Maybe. :P

*points at DarkCorax* What'd I ever do to you, hmm? *grins*

KewlKat
2007-03-13, 10:08 PM
Once again I managed somehow to get two people to kill me. Jerks.

2007-03-14, 02:00 AM
The whole scroll thing at the end was absolutely brilliant. That completely made my day. (or night as the case may be.)

Lord Herman
2007-03-14, 02:38 AM
Dammit! Dead again!

Next time, I should probably shoot myself in the first round, and shoot someone else in the second round. Seems to work.

Fredricus
2007-03-14, 03:31 AM
Noo I died!

I loved the scroll it made me laugh.

See you in the next round(11)

Lord Magtok
2007-03-14, 07:57 AM
I'm still alive? Wow...now what should I do next?

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-14, 09:02 AM
The scroll thing was great. I can't believe I was so stupid and put my name on it, though...

inky13112
2007-03-14, 09:51 AM
I loved my death scene. Eat it timberwolf!

Bookman
2007-03-14, 11:24 AM
Just so everyone knows I'm shooting Angela.

Honest. :biggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-14, 11:32 AM
I wish there was a way to unsuicide someone. As in, I know they're going to suicide, and I know someone's going to attack them, but I want them to die. Oh, well...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-14, 12:35 PM
OW! Dang that sounded painful. Ah well, I'll get El J next game.

faerwain
2007-03-14, 02:43 PM
Still more to come. I shot into the air. The question is, did anybody shoot me?

DARN YOU FAERWAIN!

I knew it!
Oh, it's that rascal Faerwain again, of course! Why is it everytime something happens to you, I'm immediately suspiciou...oh. Because Silkenfist showed it. Oops.
Te-hee :smallbiggrin:

I'm actually quite surprised I survided that. Should the curse been broken?
And of course, I'm sleeping through the next round..grumble. Bad faerwain.

Angela
2007-03-14, 04:48 PM
Hahaha, that scroll was an awesome idea!!!

Lord Magtok
2007-03-14, 04:53 PM
"I shall therefore brace myself to my duties, and so bear myself that, if the Roman Empire should last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was Magtok's finest hour.' "

In other words, I hope I win!

Silkenfist
2007-03-14, 05:29 PM
Stuff is updated:

Not much changed here, though. Angela needs to appear in a third round before she can enter the Player Statistics as well as inky and Shadow who are waiting to do so just as well. Krursk improves his lifespan to 3.5 and keeps on not being shot.

skodra
2007-03-14, 11:36 PM
Next time, cube...

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-15, 04:24 AM
Bookman is alive?

DAMMIT!

Silkenfist
2007-03-15, 12:29 PM
6 hours until deadline. There will probably be an extension but please try to be in time, though.

Shadow
2007-03-15, 05:56 PM
Whether I survive or not, that was my 5th action, so I should be on the board.

Bring it on!

Silkenfist
2007-03-15, 08:10 PM
Sorry, but no slaughter today. Time issues on my part and massive lack of actions on your will delay this round for another day. Feel free to send me something in the meantime.

Bookman
2007-03-15, 08:16 PM
NOooooooooooooo! :frown:

This is un fair for those of us who have sent in actions :tongue:

Couldn't you y'know.......just post what happened? Not a story neccisarily.......

Lord Magtok
2007-03-15, 08:25 PM
Let it be known that from this day forth, I, Lord Magtok, will request a list of those who haven't sent in their actions, and I wil do all in my power to badger and annoy them until they do.

Be it via stabbities, *kills*, or (my personal favorite, and most enjoyed method of attack.) nukes concealed in spoilers and sent by PM, I WILL MAKE THE SLOTHS PAY!

Silkenfist
2007-03-16, 03:02 AM
NOooooooooooooo! :frown:

This is un fair for those of us who have sent in actions :tongue:

Couldn't you y'know.......just post what happened? Not a story neccisarily.......

Depends...if you commit suicide, it would be beneficial for you if I waited until I receive everything.

Anyway, I'll be off to work now and do the update as soon as I'm back.

edit: Took work home instead of staying there. Which means, the update will happen sooner.

Krursk
2007-03-16, 06:58 AM
How sooner?

Silkenfist
2007-03-16, 08:22 AM
Starting to write up stuff now:

The midday sun has risen high above the city of Rome; scorching the acres, the animals and the peasants all the same and making them seek the cover of the short shadows. Just slowly and inertially, the people and the carts move through the crowded streets. In the newfound Temple to Pluto, the Senators, the momentary rulers of the Roman Empire, share the lethargy. After the strains of the past day and night, they lack the energy to launch new attacks at each other. Another significant factor in their apathy might also be the decade of guards that has been deployed to protect them after word from yesterday’s bloodshed got out on the streets. With vigil eyes, the soldiers oversee the Senators half-hearted debate. And finally, the sight of six of their fellow Senators being arrested and sentenced to death has caused more than one of them to reconsider their tactics. Just two hours into the session, a silent consensus had already spread between the politicians. Krursk, however, is the one to speak up:
“Fellow Senators. I see into your faces and I think you will share my observation that the recent losses amongst our ranks are grieving you as well as me. Under the impression of those foul deeds, it is impossible for us to find rational solutions. I advocate to abort this session in favorof returning to it under a better omen.”
A sedate clap from six Senators and an approving wobble from the gelatinous cube later, Krursk addresses the soldiers to relieve them of their duty. The decurion nods and leaves with his men. Just as they are out of earshot, Krursk speaks up quietly. “We won’t get anywhere with the soldiers nosing around. Meet me tonight at my estate and we will solve our matters there. But for now follow the soldiers quietly.”
The remaining Senators nod in agreement and follow Krursk, while starting to brew plans in their tired minds. Surely, the informal meeting would give them sufficient opportunity.
The hours between formal and informal session are used differently by the Senators. Most of them attend the coliseum to watch the execution of the traitor Lord Herman and the group around Senator KewlKat. Some others however, spend the time browsing the back alleys of Rome in search for certain supplies that might come in handy later.
As the sun descends behind the horizon, the climate becomes more tolerable and the Senators appear better rested then before. With new power, they assemble in front of Krursk’s mansion, where the host heartily greets them. Krursk had his slaves prepare everything for the evening then withdraw to their quarters to not interrupt his guests. Couches for the Senators were prepared as well as flagons, jugs and rummers of various sorts of wine. At first, the Senators look at the arrangement with suspicion but their host manages to convince them by drinking from three jars, chosen by the guests. Satisfied that way, the Senators take the offered beverages and sit down to confer. Only Lord Magtok doesn’t do so as he is approached by Krursk.
“Lord Magtok, may I ask you to come with me instead. We should debate things in separate.” Magtok accepts and follows the host to a separate room, curious about what the host might have to offer.
After their host had left the Senators unattended, their reaction is unison. Each of the six remaining Senators chooses one of the flagons and tests the quality of Krursk’s wine. Most of them sit down in contemplation, subvocalising their plans and observing each other. Two of them, don’t appear to participate in this, though. Dark Corax and the purple gelatinous cube have decided to rephrase their goals for the evening. Upon tasting Krursk’s wine selection, the two of them decide to adjourn their political plans in favour of getting wasted. Their adversaries are so immersed in their plans that they don’t notice the binge-drinking couple. However, as they hear babbled chants from behind them, they turn around to purple cube and Dark Corax and drop their jaws immediately. Dark Corax has laid himself down on the stairs, causing his tunic to slip unfavourably, while holding a jug in one hand trying to drop its content from 40 inches into his mouth. Good red wine is splattered all over his face, body, tunic and the floor. The gelatinous cube wobbles erratically over all of it, absorbing most of the wine. The emptied jugs are halfway embedded in the cube and wiggle with its every movement.
While the two drunkards catch their eyes, the Senators seize the opportunity to use their goods from the back alley. All of them withdraw a small bag from their tunic covertly. With the cover of distraction, they open the bag and pour some of its contents, a fine grey metallic powder, into their jug. By the time Dark Corax and the purple cube have finished their disgraceful performance by falling down unconscious, the other Senators are already done poisoning their respective jugs. Angela, Bookman, faerwain and Shadow stand up and move away from the snoring drunkards and decide to move to a nearby suite where they gather around a low table.
The Senators place their jugs on the table and seat themselves. Angela becomes the first to speak up.
“Well guys, I’ve made up my mind. Let’s have a toast and finish our jugs and then I will go. Salute”
“Wait, don’t have drink it yet?”
“Why, Bookman?” Angela answers puzzled.
“Uhm…because…” sweat forms on Bookman’s forehead. “Look at the drunks over there” he exclaims. The others follow his pointing finger to see the snoring bodies of the cube and Corax. “They became the slaves of their greed and their thirst for wine and they…uhm…didn’t come to appreciate it. We should…uhm…we should have a toast but to enjoy the taste of this fine beverage.”
The other Senators at the table appear confused. “Uhm…Bookman? I have no idea what you are talking about. Surely you are right about the quality of the wine, supplied by our noble host. However, the ceremonial toast can be respected as such. But…uhm…speaking of our host, where is he? Is he still gone to the chamber there?” The Senators look behind them but the faint light of a candle cast on the far end of the hallway indicates that Krursk and Magtok are still conferring.
“You know, what? This Magtok fellow seems just suspicious to me. He is having too much of an influence on Krursk. I don’t like that.”
“That may be right. But what are you going to do about that?”
“I…uhm…I have devised a cunning plan to get rid of him.” Shadow takes a parchment out of his tunic and places it on the middle of the table. In the bad light, not much detail can be seen and the three Senators have to lean forward and almost put their heads on the table to see anything. Faerwain furrows his brow and looks at Shadow again.
“What IS this? I don’t see anything on the paper except for a short list of groceries.”
“Of course you do. I…uhm…I couldn’t risk Magtok finding the note. These are keywords for me to remember the actual plot. Let’s uhm…have a toast and then I will tell you the exact meaning.”
The other Senators look at Shadow with suspicion but finally they shrug and raise their flagons to empty them in one draft. However, as the others put down their empties jugs, they see Angela staring at them menacingly.
“Very funny you idiots. Now who of you switched my flagon? This is not mine.” To Angela’s surprise, a smile appears on the lips of their rival’s faces. Simultaneously, Bookman faerwain and Shadow answer “I did.”
Suddenly, the three look at each other, their faces losing texture rapidly.
“Why in the name of Jupiter do you resort to these childish pranks?”
“It should be too late for you to change it now.” Shadow answers slowly. “Might as well tell you my dear. I slipped your jug for a poisoned one when you looked at the parchment. Say goodbye my dear.”
“Very clever. But there is one problem: I don’t drink herbal wine.” Angela slams her hand onto the table and waves it to the side, sending her jug crashing to the floor. Out of the still full flagon, the poisoned beverage is pouring onto the floor.
“Serves you right, Shadow” faerwain grins. “You shouldn’t have taken the flagon. I had exchanged when pointing at Krursk’s chamber and put a poisoned one there already.” Faerwain gloats until he realizes that Bookman had also mentioned having exchanged flagons. He turns around to Bookman with fear in his eyes only to meet Bookman’s sardonic grin. “I put my jug there when pointing at the drunks. Bad way to go, faerwain”
As the trio in front of them looks at each other irritated, Angela shakes her head in disbelief. “So you poisoned each other instead of me. WAY to go, guys. But do you know what the best part is?” Angela takes the empty bag out of her tunic and throws it onto the table, where the few remaining tiny grains of arsenic trickle out. “I had poisoned my own wine. THAT was what I meant with going.”
Bookman looks at the jug he stole from Angela just a few minutes ago. “Wha?” he manages to get out, before he slumps down on his couch and his head falls onto the table to join the ones of faerwain and Shadow already lying there. Cursing the wannabe assassins, Angela leaves the table to start a new plan.
In their separate chamber, Krursk and Magtok didn’t notice the proceedings out there. Two scrolls are lying on the table and the two of them are looking at them solemnly. Those were two of the three scrolls with which they had planned to establish the triumvirate – which ended with the betrayal of the other Senators that lead to the death of their associate KewlKat. Krursk didn’t say anything to Magtok, he had just brought him inside the chamber to show him the text. Standing side by side in front of their work, Krursk patiently waits for Lord Magtok to make up his mind.
“You recovered them?”
“I did.”
“Why? The triumvirate has failed. KewlKat is dead and the others are out to kill us.”
“I know my friend. The first attempt had to fail. But this time we will be smarter.”
“And how so? The others are probably readying their daggers.”
“Exactly. And this is why they are out there with the red wine to dull their judgment and the two of us are here. The problem was not the triumvirate. The bloodthirsty idiots are to blame. Now I will just let their own wickedness against them. Stay by my side and stay rational and we will survive. Let the others kill each other in the meantime.”
“This is why you brought me here?”
“Correct. I do not wish to discard our alliance and I want you to stay out of the rabble out there running amok.”
Lord Magtok looks at Krursk for a long time. Then he approaches him, quickly draws his dagger and throws it on the floor between them. “You are right. I won’t need this, I guess. I will join you”
Smiling broadly, Krursk picks up the dagger, looks at it and addresses Magtok again. “Correct. You won’t need this. Let the others do the work for you” Careless, he puts the dagger on the table and leaves the chamber together with Lord Magtok in order to watch how many of their rivals are left.

Bookman
2007-03-16, 09:35 AM
Depends...if you commit suicide, it would be beneficial for you if I waited until I receive everything.

Anyway, I'll be off to work now and do the update as soon as I'm back.

edit: Took work home instead of staying there. Which means, the update will happen sooner.

Oh yeah this is true :tongue:

I'm still waiting for someone to be eaten by the grue :wink:

*waits for the end of the story*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-16, 09:39 AM
I wish I had been eaten by Groo or maybe Rufferto.

Bookman
2007-03-16, 09:50 AM
Darn it appears she beleived me :tongue:

faerwain
2007-03-16, 09:58 AM
Damn!! It WAS the flagon with the dragon!

Bookman
2007-03-16, 10:04 AM
Damn!! It WAS the flagon with the dragon!
In the hole in the bottom of the sea!

Wait..........wrong thread :tongue:

Silkenfist
2007-03-16, 10:04 AM
Your Actions:
Angela: Self
Bookman: Angela
DarkCorax: Timeout
faerwain: Angela
purple gelatinous cube o' doom: Timeout
Shadow: Angela

Jupiter's Children: 5
Angela
DarkCorax
Krursk
Lord Magtok

Pluto's Prisoners: 34
Aegeus
Alarra
alec
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Bookman
Calamity
Captain van der Decken
Castaras
Cobra Ikari
Deckmaster
Destro Yersul
DLD
evnafets
Ezlo
faerwain
Fredricus
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
heretic
Indurain
Ink
inky13112
KewlKat
Khantalas
Lord Herman
Lucky
pingcode20
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
skodra
Timberwolf
weebl
Zar Peter

Just three kills? Your pace becomes slower. The next round will take a while longer because I will be away for most of the weekend. Actions are due Monday, 5 PM Eastern

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-16, 11:01 AM
Bookman is dead. DLD is satisfied. BLAAAAAARGH!

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-16, 12:33 PM
Well played, Angela!

Anyone else thinking about starting a pool on who will win? :P

Shadow
2007-03-16, 12:37 PM
Pool?
I'll go put on my trunks and grab a towel!

Castaras
2007-03-16, 12:37 PM
Meh. I bet Magtok will win because he's a sneaky little begger.

Angela
2007-03-16, 05:07 PM
Wicked!!! 3 in one!!! w00t!!!

Lord Magtok
2007-03-16, 05:22 PM
Meh. I bet Magtok will win because he's a sneaky little begger.

:smallconfused: Me? Sneaky? What are you talking about? I'm just being fair and diplomatic and stuff. Everyone else is doing the killing. In fact, I'm the most honest guy left. :smallbiggrin:

Castaras
2007-03-16, 05:23 PM
Very true. Everyone knows that air actions are signs of a warped and twisted mind. That's why you're doing them.

Lord Magtok
2007-03-16, 05:28 PM
You're just saying that because you're jealous that I'm still in the game, Cassie.

Castaras
2007-03-16, 05:29 PM
<.<

>.>

You made me lose. Again.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-16, 05:30 PM
Magtok, you can't be trusted on the sole fact that you're an AMENite. :P

Lord Magtok
2007-03-16, 05:57 PM
I find that to be alignment prejudice, Cobra.

I admit I did create the acronym "The Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious" but I also came up with the acronym "Evil Villain Intervention League."

Castaras
2007-03-16, 05:58 PM
Maybe... but that doesn't mean you ain't evil.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-16, 06:04 PM
I find that to be alignment prejudice, Cobra.

I admit I did create the acronym "The Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious" but I also came up with the acronym "Evil Villain Intervention League."

Everything's a prejudice with you... :P

No, I wouldn't trust an EVIL person, either. I find moderates to be the easiest to trust...

Lord Magtok
2007-03-16, 07:17 PM
Everything's a prejudice with you... :P

That was just for one game, and it was my way of showing how annoying those kind of people who do that kind of thing are.

But I do think that its unfair to hate me just because I want to rule in a manner different from everyone else. And look at all the great accomplishments iron-fisted tyrants have acheived! Surely there is some good to evil? :smallbiggrin:

I admit I'm evil and want you all dead so I can be emperor. But at least I'm honest about my alignment. :smallamused:

DarkCorax
2007-03-17, 12:53 PM
Whoo I got wasted -_- and I missed another round... this thread seems to keep coming off my subscribed list...

Silkenfist
2007-03-18, 06:35 AM

Update time. Krursk increases his lifespan to a ridiculous 4 and Bookman stays alive just long enough to snatch the survivalist Runner-up title from DLD.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-18, 09:41 AM
((Grrrrrrrrrr...))

Krursk
2007-03-19, 04:55 AM
:smallconfused: Me? Sneaky? What are you talking about? I'm just being fair and diplomatic and stuff. Everyone else is doing the killing. In fact, I'm the most honest guy left. :smallbiggrin:

What are you talking about? I even prepared specially marked glasses so that everyone can figure out who they poisoned. Not to mention providing drinks.

Silkenfist
2007-03-19, 11:37 AM
6 hours left and I still need 2 actions. Don't forget to send me something.

Silkenfist
2007-03-20, 06:16 AM
Casually, the decade of guards sits in front of the temple. They chat relaxed and exchange jokes and anecdotes while they let time pass. Technically, they were still on duty to protect the Senate from violent outbreaks or minor disturbances. However, after last day’s adjournment, the politicians failed to return today to continue their negotiations. The guards don’t care and they enjoy the cool breezes out there which are an all too welcome deviation from the scorching heat of the past days. However, none of them pays much heed to the black clouds accompanying them.
The Senators have decided not to start another session for various reasons. Shadow and the gelatinous cube are suffering from hangover and need to recover, Angela needs time to revaluate her suicidal plans and Krursk and Magtok plan how to use their continued alliance. But while Krursk retreats to his plotting room and employs great effort of plans and strategy, Magtok comes to a more quickened and simplified conclusion: He is completely screwed. Their rivals saw Krursk and him forging their alliance and they would surely try to prevent the two of them from dominating the Senate. “And what will they do?” Lord Magtok asks himself while dressing in his best tunic and preparing to leave his house. “Krursk is their champion. They like him and will never hurt him. This leaves…me to get rid of. I can expect them as darkness falls, I guess.”
Marcus Luvius Martialis, Centurion of the Legion XI and commanding officer in the guardhouse has served decades in the legions, where he survived and advanced mainly because his superior skills of anticipation and insights into proceedings. However, there were still events to unsettle and surprise him. Only a few minutes ago, a well-dressed man had walked calmly up to the guards, identified himself as Senator and requested the commanding officer. With the large number of arrests and executions conducted by his men during the last days, Martialis didn’t expect one of them to approach him directly. He takes a look at the man in his quarters. He certainly has the aristocratic grace of an old patriarch family but the centurion can’t help but seeing a dark aura surrounding him. Hesitating only shortly, he addresses his visitor.
“Good day, citizen. What concern brings you to me?”
“Circumstances are forcing me to take precautions for my benefit. I request protection from the guard.”
“I wouldn’t deny a reasonable request but I have to ask you a few more questions. What is your name?”
“Magtok, Lord and Senator to the Holy Council”
“I figured…and what is the reason of your belief to be in danger.”
“I have to confess that I can’t explain in detail. The actions of opponents of mine are threatening.”
“We can debate on this later. Who are these opponents you speak of?”
“The other remaining members of the Senate, centurion.”
The officer falls silent for a while before looking at the Senator before him again. “You know what you just said?”
“I am completely aware.”
“I will stretch the rules and pretend that I didn’t hear anything but you…”
“No, you heard me. I accuse the Senators of pursuing me and planning my assassination.”
“You know what this means?”
“I know. Unwarranted accusations against members of the Senate are considered high treason, even from within the Senate.
“Correct.” Martialis inhales deeply. “Now why should I not arrest you on the spot?”
“Because my claim is warranted. As of now I have no evidence but I can invite you to observe and see my claims prove themselves.”
“Very clever” the guard snarls. “You try to get your protection this way? It won’t be the easy way for you. I will grant you personal protection for the next 24 hours. At the end of that time, if I find myself to be fooled, you will pay for it.”
Magtok agrees and heads home immediately to start preparations. He sends his slaves away to make covert access to his house easier and prepares his chamber for the night with a hidden compartment for the guard. Then he arranges for Martialis to be brought covertly into his house to not reveal him to possible assailants. As dusk falls, he looks a last time at his work and shivers in anticipation. He has not to wait long before the centurion arrives, grumpy because of the foolish work and because of the slaves’ disguise he had chosen to enter Magtok’s mansion unobserved.
“I’ll warn you Magtok. I’m in bad mood right now and someone will be fed to the lions tomorrow.”
“No need to worry about this, centurion. If you would place yourself here for the night”
Martialis takes his post in a niche next to the main window to observe both the street and the chamber while Magtok betakes a fake sleep pose, while hearing the sour comments of the guard, narrating the street.
“Well…so far, it is you who will be visiting the lions. The street is empty and no attacker in sight.”
Magtok chooses not to reply and prove him wrong by events instead. Indeed, after only one hour, he hears the centurion speak.
“I see something?”
“Someone? Who?”
“Uhm…someTHING. A big purple jelly is wobbling down the street.”
“Ah. This is Senator cube. I have him on my list of potential threats.”
“Do you? It doesn’t look threatening at all.”
“Centurion, please be not fooled by its harmless appearance. The cube is a monster and I have seen him slay a fellow Senator in cold blood with my very eyes. He is a monster and would not hesitate to dissolve me with his acidic innards. Do you still think he is harmless?”
“Yes. primarily because it reeks of wine and keeps bumping into houses.”
“Well, maybe he is faking to induce a false sense of secu…”
“Now it tries to balance on a milestone.”
“It tries what? That doesn’t work. Its compound strength can’t possibly…”
A loud splash answers Magtok.
“You seem to be right. We have a heap of jelly now.”
“Does it move?”
“No. Well, yes. It breaks apart and trickles downhill. Can I arrest you now or are there other assailants.” the centurion joyously asks.
“There are more, soldier. Stay alert.”
More time passes as the night breaks but Magtok has no trouble staying awake. Nervously he is eavesdropping both on the street and Martialis, hoping that the centurion neither falls asleep nor arrests him prematurely. Finally his patience is rewarded.
“I see someone, Senator.”
“Good. Who is it?”
“I can’t see much. It’s a small man, dressed in grey, moving quickly through the cover of dark.”
“Could be Senator DarkCorax. Is he carrying something?”
“He has a length of rope with him. I see no grappling hook on it though.”
“Centurion, this is one of the best assassins, Rome has ever seen. He needs no grappling hook and he wouldn’t even need rope to scale the wall. My bet is that it will be used as garrotte.”
“You are already betting your life on this. Well, anyway he is approaching the house now and…”
“And?”
“And now he is past it.”
“He probably didn’t find it on his first try. He will return.”
“Really? Right now he is heading for the bridge.”
“And?”
“Now he stands in the center of the bridge.”
“To orientate himself?”
“Don’t think so. He has a large rock with him. Now he’s tying himself to it.”
“Why in the name of Jupiter would he…oh.”
“Bets are closed, Senator Magtok. He has just kicked the rock into the Tiber aaaand now he is yanked down as well. More bets?”
“A few, yes…”
Grumbling, Martialis retreats to the corner again to wait for the mysterious attacker the Senator was expecting. Suddenly a thought befalls him.
“One question, Senator”
“Yes?”
“You instructed me to watch your chamber and the street below.”
“Correct.”
“You didn’t instruct me to watch the rooftops”
“Correct. I did…what?”
“I’m just asking whether you did so because you excluded the roofs as possible places for an assassin or if it might be an oversight on…”
“Centurion, WHAT is happening?”
“I saw the roof from across the street. A woman is climbing it.”
“Red hair, green-tainted tunic.”
“As far as I can see – yes?”
“No.” Martialis can hear the Senator whisper from behind him. “No, No, No. I am such a fool. Centurion, that woman is Senator Angela and this is one of her tenements. I should have known.”
“I hate to interrupt you, Senator. However, I feel obliged to mention that she will have a perfect line of sight from the roof into your chamber.”
“Does she carry a bow?”
“Can’t see it from here. She might have a crossbow tucked in the belt and…”
“Then don’t waste time. Do something. Shoot her. Shoot her now.”
“I am afraid, I have to reject this. Firstly, she is not doing something harmful. I would have to check whether climbing the roof of your own house is illegal, but it certainly doesn’t warrant killing…”
“Then wait until she aims her crossbow and shoot her then. But whatever you do, hurry.”
“Well, this is the second problem. I am not supplied with a ranged weapon. I am sorry but I didn’t expect this.”
“Then run downstairs, second room to the right. I have bows and crossbows there.”
Martialis nods and runs downstairs while Magtok anxiously tries to covertly pad his back with pillows in case of an early shot. He deeply exhales in relief as the centurion returns with a loaded crossbow.
“Does the legion know of the arsenal down there.”
“Doesn’t matter. Can you see her?”
“Yes. She has arrived on top and is moving just outside my line of sight.” Martialis kneels below the window and readies his firearm. As soon as she points a weapon at your window, I will consider it to be an attempted murder. Don’t worry, I will be quicker.”
“Good. I guess.”
“Now Senator, while we are waiting…would you care to tell me what these weapons are for?”
“Private matters”
“The five hundred infantry equipments with swords and spears?”
“Bargain sale.”
“The array of longbows?”
“I am a proud collector.”
“Shouldn’t a collection feature more variety than nine hundred exemplars of the most modern 120 pulling strength bow currently available.”
“Possible. You are derailing, centurion. What is she doing up there.”
“Nothing, right now. Now on to the siege weapons in your…oh, wait I see her. She…”
Martialis stops speaking for a moment and causes Magtok to panic. “Then don’t waste time. Shoot her before she kills one of us.”
“Not necessary anymore, Senator.”
“Not necessary? Did she wave a white flag or something?”
“Not directly. She just jumped off the ridge. There is a pretty gory mess on the street right now.”
“You are kidding.”
“I am not. Do you have something to say, Magtok.”
“One more attempt.” Magtok felt the shivers coming up again but they didn’t feel good anymore. “One possible assailant left.”
“Fine for me, Senator. My night is already wasted and it will be additional delight for me to watch the execution tomorrow.” Martialis’ tone had become more and more cheerful during the last hours and Magtok couldn’t help but wonder whether he enjoyed the proceedings. He contemplates to make a run for it, but the odds were against him. He wagers it against the odds of the peaceful Krursk doing anything hostile tonight while Martialis casually narrates how the crows are picking apart Angela’s dead body.
“Now the birds are tearing apart her other eyeball while fighting for it. Oh and the fourth crow is hacking into her neck. Looks like a bit of spine is already exposed and…hey wait. Someone is coming down the street and approaching your house.”
“Finally. Can you describe his appearance for me to identify?”
“No need for this. It is Senator Krursk.”
“You know him?”
“Of course. Everyone knows Krursk. He gives wonderful speeches, donates to the poor a lot and supports the guards. He is loved by the plebeians and known by pretty much everyone out here.”
“Yes. Yes, that would be true.” Magtok mutters to himself. Loudly, he asks: “What is he doing? Is he entering my house?”
“Yes. He clearly heads for it. I’ll go down to greet him.”
“Centurion, I have to ask you not to do this. He might be the one to assault me.”
“He? Senator Krursk? Are you serious? What in the name of Juno makes you think this wonderful man could harm anyone?”
“I don’t know but I am already betting my life on it and I can only ask you to be serious about my concerns.”
“Okay, okay.” Overly miffed, Martialis returns to the window and turns back around immediately, pressing his back against the wall away from the window. He gestures Magtok to be quiet before he walks over and whispers: “I saw him. He is carrying a dagger and comes in through a window.”
Magtok feels a mix of disappointment in Krursk and satisfaction because of his good anticipation. He hears the irritated centurion continue. “I would not have thought this. It appears, I had trusted him too much and just allowed him to gain enough leverage. If not for your hint, he could have murdered you and just walk away without being suspected by anyone.”
“It appears his peaceful speeches and graceful life were only a cover under which he could operate against us.”
Martialis nods. “Sneaky bastard. But this time he will not get away with it. I am going to intercept. You just wait here and stay safe.”
Magtok leans against his couch and sees Martialis disappear downstairs, leaving him alone in the darkness. He tries to eavesdrop on what happens below but the thick stone floor prevents him from noticing anything. His heart beats faster and faster as he prays to the gods for Martialis to find Krursk before Krursk would find him. After a few minutes that felt like an eternity to Magtok, he hears something coming up the stairs. Insecure about whether to call out to the one approaching, he decides to just get up from the couch in order to apply a defensive stance in case of an attack. As the steps come nearer, a dark silhouette appears in the doorway, carrying a dagger in one hand. Magtok suppresses his fear and gets ready to pounce on his attacker to escape him but suddenly through the blood and adrenaline rushing through his head, he realizes something. It is Martialis’ not Krursk’s silhouette in the doorframe. Relieved, Magtok lets himself fall down on the couch.
“For a moment you seriously frightened me, Martialis. But I see you have snatched the dagger away from Krursk. Did you manage to subdue him as well?”
“No.” To Magtok’s surprise the guard’s voice is angered and bitter. “I didn’t need to. I found the dagger lying on a table, with this note attached.” He clears his throat and reads the content of a small parchment, tied with a string to the dagger.
“Dear friend,
I have talked to the other Senators and convinced them of the benefit of our alliance and of the need for Rome to prosper under strong leaders. Angela, Corax and the purple cube have agreed to step away from their claims for the throne. I don’t know how they will cope with it and I fear the worst for some of them. However, we must remain focussed on the tasks at hand and not be daunted by what they could do to themselves. The fate of Rome is in our shared hands and together we can accomplish it. Meet me at the Senate tomorrow to start operations from there.
Love, Krursk.
Post scriptum: You have left this dagger at my home yesterday. I thought you might want it back.”
Martialis, after having finished his speech, looks at Magtok with a glint in his eyes. “I knew it all along. You were just trying to frame someone. Well, Senator Magtok, this has definitely backfired. Trying to frame Krursk was the worst possible idea you could have come up with. The lions are too good for you. I’ll see it done that there will be a quartering held for you. And I already know the perfect opportunity: You will be the main attraction of the event to the honor of Emperor Krursk. I think he will be delighted to see your end after hearing this.”
Magtok’s screams that night can be heard throughout the entire city as Martialis drags him to the dungeons below the coliseum. Sometimes a new age is heralded by uncommon fanfares.

Silkenfist
2007-03-20, 06:22 AM
Your Actions:
Angela: Self
DarkCorax: Self
Lord Magtok: Self
purple gelatinous cube o' doom: Timeout (lethal)

It is official. Ready, Aim, Fire #10 is won by Krursk. Congratulations to the least violent winner in RAF history.

Ready, Aim, Fire #11 won't start for about one week. I'll take once again early signups but don't expect the new thread to come up before Monday.

Lord Herman
2007-03-20, 06:29 AM
Congratulations, Krursk!

Sign me up for the next round.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-20, 06:32 AM
I'm in for the next one as well. Must follow my gut this time...

Fredricus
2007-03-20, 06:45 AM
Congratulations Krusk!

Sign me up for next round!

What theme will it be?

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-20, 07:02 AM
((Bah. I was first to win twice in a row!

Nice going, though.))

Khantalas
2007-03-20, 07:13 AM
Next round, at least one person should shoot Krursk.

Or not.

Me in next round.

Silkenfist
2007-03-20, 07:21 AM
Fredricus: I'll probably make a poll for you to decide on the scenario. It will go up later that week and feature three alternatives where I already have a backstory in mind.

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-20, 10:57 AM
I'll join.

Zar Peter
2007-03-20, 10:57 AM
Will play again!

DarkCorax
2007-03-20, 11:38 AM
Oh Damn it! I was debating between shooting myself and Krusk damn it! so close to winning -_-

Oh and I'm playing the next game.

Shadow
2007-03-20, 11:45 AM
Great finish!

It looks as if people are already signing up for the next one.
I might as well, too!

Castaras
2007-03-20, 11:47 AM
Sign me up!

Ditto
2007-03-20, 11:48 AM
I'll join! This game looks fun. I vote for the Star Trek one!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-20, 01:58 PM
If you could sign me up....

Calamity
2007-03-20, 02:53 PM
Sign me up for 11!

Lord Magtok
2007-03-20, 03:50 PM
Sign me up.

Rumda
2007-03-20, 05:20 PM
Sign me up

KewlKat
2007-03-20, 06:08 PM
I'm in for the next game.

Silkenfist
2007-03-20, 06:42 PM

Statistics are updated. They made Krursk's records only more ridiculous, though.

Angela
2007-03-21, 01:32 AM
I'm in!! And congratulations Krursk..

Cobra_Ikari
2007-03-21, 01:54 AM
Someone needs to shoot him. The man has done nothing but air, hasn't he?

Akaziel
2007-03-21, 04:35 AM
Sign me up as well.

EDIT: This'll be interesting... Verrry interesting.

Krursk
2007-03-21, 05:24 AM
Someone needs to shoot him. The man has done nothing but air, hasn't he?

No, I shot Faerwin in the Star Wars one. IC I tackled him out of his racer just before it started. Then blew up, scattering fragments of guinea-pig to the four winds.

Man that was an awesome round though. I though Magtok was going to kill me for sure, but hey, no big.

I'm in for the next round

Shadow
2007-03-21, 05:44 AM
Not tat it's a big deal or anything, but I have 5 actions if you want to put me on your list thingy.
If not.... whatever. I don't really care either way.

From round 9
Actions:
Shadow: Zar Peter

Your Actions
Shadow: Self
From round 10
All actions of this round:
Shadow: Ezlo

Your Actions:
Shadow: Indurain

Your Actions:
Shadow: Angela

Silkenfist
2007-03-21, 06:40 AM
Shadow: You need to participate in 3 rounds as well to be included. If not, some of the statistics (Lifespan, 1st Round Kill ratio...) can become rather weird. Magtok and Angela share your situation.

Sampi
2007-03-21, 07:35 AM
Hey, this looks like a fun game. I want to join the next one. May I? Please?

Bookman
2007-03-21, 10:05 AM
I'm in for next time!

Aegeus
2007-03-21, 12:32 PM
I'll be willing to shoot people next round.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-03-21, 12:42 PM
Id like to be added also.

Alarra
2007-03-22, 10:50 AM
I'm in for next round.

firepup
2007-03-24, 06:23 PM
oooh oooh lemme join!