PDA

View Full Version : The City of Minarous, the Third Layer of Hell

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 08:00 PM
Within a large swamp lies Minarous.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-06, 08:30 PM
A portal opens and Catherine, Tinderhall and Pit walk out of it a good 100 feet away from the main entrance of golden, jewel encrusted palace.

((and with that, I'm off to sleep))

AmberVael
2007-03-06, 08:39 PM
((Okay))

Catherine gets hit by dead time.

Renrik
2007-03-06, 09:12 PM
((What? Are the lot of you trying to go trough all the layers of hell?))

((That's easy.... just follow the Sulfur-Brick Road of Tormented Souls!

We're off to see Asmodeus, the wonderful Ruler of Hell! Because, because, because, because, because! Of all the horrible things he does!

You'll soon find yourselves encountering a Lemure without a brain, a heartless Kyton that needs oil for his chains, and a cowardly Imp!))

((Seriosuly, though. You should have used Jangling Hiter for the the Third Layer. Much cooler.))

Deus Mortus
2007-03-07, 08:04 PM
((I'm using BoVD, but not just all layers of hell, also other outer planes))

AmberVael
2007-03-07, 08:19 PM
Catherine twiddles her thumbs and waits.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-07, 08:24 PM
OK Catherine, this guy tends to be a little, well greasy is the best way to put it, I know I always have a need to punch him right in the face at every other word he says, so prepare to count to breath and count to ten..... A lot....

AmberVael
2007-03-07, 08:25 PM
Catherine nods and switches off her MAGE system.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-07, 08:35 PM
Tinderhall approaches the gate, it is made from gold and platinum and encrusted with diamonds the size of a troll's head. Tinderhall raises his hand to a knocker made out of a giant ruby and uses it three times, the sound of the knock echoing through the nearby streets.

AmberVael
2007-03-07, 08:36 PM
Catherine looks around curiously as she waits.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-07, 08:42 PM
The doors swing ajar and 12 Pit Fiends covered in completely golden and platinum full plate march forward, they stop just in front of the tree and motion them to follow them.

AmberVael
2007-03-07, 08:43 PM
Catherine looks to Tinderhall, follpwing his lead.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-07, 08:46 PM
Tinderhall motions her to follow and the Pit Fiends march inside, with Tinderhall and Pit following.

((I'm going to sign off again, I have a killer headache))

AmberVael
2007-03-07, 08:55 PM
Catherine follows at his left hand, as usual.
(('kay then. Later))

Renrik
2007-03-07, 11:31 PM
For a split second, a portal opens in the skies above some distant region of the third layer, a portal leading to the pristine skies above Datharral, the goblin city. An H-bomb drops through, and detonates harmlessly in some remote region of the third layer, killing a few lemures, an osyluth, and a large tract of swampland. The portal quickly closes.

((A gobbo scorcerer opened a portal to hell to get rid of an H-bomb that was being dropped towards him, and then closed it. Had to go somewhere in hell. So it went there.)

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 01:42 PM
((Sure it's open territory for anyone))

As the three walk through the large halls, the Pit Fiends point out all the expensive and rare items, ranging from artifacts of pure evil, to statues made of rare materials to rare tomes. Tinderhall seems unimpressed, but Pit is interested and looks his eyes out at this display of wealth.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 01:43 PM
Catherine looks at everything with curiousity, more out of interest in knowledge than of greed or want.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 01:46 PM
As they are halfway through the hall Tinderhall stops the Pit Fiends and points at a dusted tome, Tell me, is that the Tome of Fundamental Energy Channeling, A Guide to Godhood, written by the now dead Deity Gormath?

The Pitfiends brighten up, Why yes, our master got it- Tinderhall motions the Pit Fiend who spoke to shut up, That is all I need to know, let's move on. The devil nods and they continue walking.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 01:49 PM
Catherine eyes it for a moment, then walks after Tinderhall.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 02:13 PM
After a while the three enter the Throne Room, the floor is made of what seems solid ruby, seemingly carved from one solid stone, the walls are made of gold and the ceiling sports fresco's made from the dust of gems, showing a large battlefield of Devils against Demons, with the Devils easily winning behind the leadership of a bloated Pit Fiend.

In front is giant throne carved from solid diamond, on it sits a large snakelike creature, with a humanoid torso and a human head, however as it curls up it's lips in a smile towards Tinderhall, it shows to snakelike fangs, dripping with green poison.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 02:15 PM
((*whimpers*
Tinderhall has too much equipment...))

Catherine blinks as she slows down and stares at the throne.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 02:21 PM
((I'm still waiting for a scene where he has to throw away all his hidden weaponry, those are even more :P but if it's to much work, you can also just do the picture of him with the hologram on))

The creature on his throne bend his head towards Catherine in a very snakelike fashion, I ssseee you appreciate the craftmansss work on my throne, it wasss a hard work and a good thousand ssslavesss died while crafting thisss, it truly isss worth is, do you not think?

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 02:23 PM
Catherine nods slowly, concealing the nervousness she feels since she has no idea how to conduct herself right now.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 02:25 PM
A small voice squirts up from the coin again, Take time to compliment on all items within the ownership of this Arch Devil, take no time to compliment himself, but be sure to do so for everything you see and he owns.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 02:35 PM
Catherine considers this for a moment, then smiles slightly as she realizes the best way to say it, even if it was slightly odd.
Your time amazes me. I could never have imagined such wealth until I saw it.
((I can't get the right letter for the e. However, 'time' is pronounced t-may, and in case you don't know it is a greek word that is pretty much a combination of honor and wealth. It is the material form of reputation, respect, and honor, from what I know. It seemed quite fitting for this person, because it compliments him because of his wealth))

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 02:54 PM
((I don't know greek, so that was new to me, but yeah that's a good compliment))

It isss good to sssee you travel with people with sssuch exquisssite tassste my dear ssshade, would you perhapsss be inclined to sssell her asss a ssslave for my harem.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 02:56 PM
Catherine blinks but says nothing.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 03:02 PM
Catherine is not something I own, she is my apprentice and my friend, do not insult her by suggesting that she is but property.

The creature loses it's smile, I sssee, well then let me introduce myssself, I am Mammon lord of the Third.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 03:07 PM
I am Mercury Gamma Echo Beckett. It is an honor to meet you.
Catherine bows, deciding to ignore his blunder.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 03:10 PM
One thing is for sure, she is more lenient then I am matters like these. Now I came here for trade.

It isss good to meet you Mercury Gamma Echo Beckett, what then Ssshade do you wisssh to trade?

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 03:12 PM
Catherine smiles slightly and waits next to Tinderhall.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 03:16 PM
Tinderhall raises his right hand and a small portal form horizontally above it, from it rises a diamond the size of a human head, but not any normal diamond, within it there seems to be a small universe, you can see starts and other cosmic phenomena in it. Mammon gasps as he sees this.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 05:07 PM
Catherine looks at it in amazement.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 05:39 PM
Mammon regains his composure, That isss a ssstar sssaphire with a quality like I have never ssseen before, I believe sssuch ssstonesss are created within the center of the largessst of ssstarsss and even in the largessst no bigger then the sssize of pebble, how did you acquire thisss?

It is of no matter how I acquired this, what is of matter is the price.

And what may the price be, Ssshade?

The Tome of Fundamental Energy Channeling.

Though that ssstone is of much value, that book isss assswell, I have no wisssh to part with it, tell me another price.

There is no other price.

Then we have no deal.

Tinderhall shrugs, I am sure that Dispater or Mephistopheles will gladly buy it from me, there are three copy's of that tome and I have no doubt they will want to procure it for this, so at the next meeting in Nessus they may bring it and show that even in the acquirement of items, you are there lesser, perhaps Asmodeus will then see how weakened you are and evict you from your throne.

The eyes of the Fiend widen and it holds up it's hand, I will not be insulted like that in my own home, give it to me now and I will forgive you for this transgression.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 05:41 PM
Catherine watches anxiously, but knows she really can't do anything.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 05:47 PM
No I will not, that price or no deal, it's simple.

The Fiends eyes widen even more as he screams, CAPTURE THEM, RIP APART THIS WEAKLING AND DELIVER THE GIRL TO MY HAREM!

The Pit Fiends try to grab Tinderhall, but the energy surrounding him burns the Fiends with a black flame, they fall to the ground in pain. Another 5 or so move in on Catherine.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 05:51 PM
Catherine's MAGE system and SEER system suddenly blink on as she creates a section of air in front of her that repels creatures unless they are strong enough to resist it. She uses this to buy her enough time to turn invisible.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 06:09 PM
The fiends are staggered back and Tinderhall waves his hand at them, blowing them across the room, he then walks up to the throne and grabs Mammon by the throat, the contact burns the fiend and small clouds of smoke start rise up as the Fiend wrangles in pain.

I think you got something wrong here my "friend", you see I wasn't insulting you, I was warning you as one "friend" to another. You see if you remember correctly, I was the one who sold you to spell to make your golden walls reinforced and as such, I know how to disenchant that. Now imagine what would happen if some people got hold of this, Demogorgon would raze your palace for all your books, Graz'zt would take away your entire harem, Orcus would level whatever is left and then when all is done, I am sure Mephistopheles would gladly take over. Isn't that friendly of me to warn you of this?

YES YES, I AM SORRY, PLEASE DO NOT KILL ME!

Why should I kill you "friend"? I am simply warning you of possible dangers, it's what friends do, don't they? They help each other out, telling them information, warning them, sometimes even give each other presents...

Tinderhall tightens his grip and the Fiends starts to yell in pain, YES PRESENTS! PLEASE TAKE THE BOOK! ALL YOU BRING HIM THE TOME, YOU USELESS BASTARDS!

Tinderhall smiles as he releases the grip, Why that is very friendly of you and I think you will heed my "friendly" warning, oh and while we are being so friendly, I noticed my friends were gawking at your treasures, I saw Pit looking at the Skeletal Crown you have there and I think Catherine could use that chest from the Queen Ketricka, you know the one enchanted to give clothes to suit every need? I was thinking that perhaps, someone as friendly as you could give these to them.

Yes please take them! You fools bring it to them!

The Pit Fiends quickly hurry to bring the tome, a crown seemingly made from finger bones with skull in front and a large golden chest, Tinderhall opens a portal and the Devils drop the items in it.

Catherine, Pit, I think it is time for us to leave our "friend" here, let's go. Tinderhall turns around and starts moving outside, Oh and Mammon my "friend", remember to heed my warnings next time I come here.

The Arch Devil does nothing, except rubbing his burned neck and carefully watching Tinderhall leave.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 06:17 PM
Catherine frowns, and instead of dismissing her spell she simply uses her MAGE system to reflect light as if she had become visible again, so that she can return invisible as long as the spell lasts. Pleased with her idea and caution, she begins to follow Tinderhall.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 06:22 PM
Tinderhall quickly walks outside with Pit in his wake, Sorry for that, I assumed that that idiot had some brains hidden in that scaly head of his, but he doesn't, on the plus side, we did get a good deal on those items. He pops open the portal again and grabs the crown and gives to Pit, Here, not like you don't have enough powerful artifacts already. Thank you. No need to thank me, Catherine, I'll let that chest be placed in your room, it's capable of spewing out any clothing you want, even with minor enchantments on them, nothing seriously powerful, but enough to be handy.

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 06:28 PM
Catherine smiles at him and nods.
I'm just glad nothing happened to us.

((*tempts fate*))

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 06:35 PM
Hardly in the risk for that, remember your traveling with me, on that note however, I suggest we move on with the traveling, or would you prefer to try out that chest to get yourself a new outfit?

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 06:36 PM
Lets keep going.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-08, 06:44 PM
Tinderhall nods and opens a portal to the fifth layer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2161190#post2161190)

AmberVael
2007-03-08, 06:47 PM
Catherine goes through.

AmberVael
2007-03-14, 09:00 PM
Aesa appears in the hallway Tinderhall and Catherine had recently walked. A few pit fiends move towards her, but her icy glare pierces them and simply stops them cold.
I am Aesa the Vala, Fatespinner and daughter of Skuld. You will take me to Mammon.
The pit fiends step back, then begin leading the way to Mammon. Aesa lags behind them, lazily looking over the possessions he has.
Eventually she comes to Mammon, who hisses at her.
What pressumptiousss sorceresss daresss to come to my throne room?
Aesa smirks and walks straight up to him, then with a quick flick of her hand she uses magic to pin him to the ground, where he writhes for a few moments.
The pit fiends move towards her, but she simply clenches her spell tighter around Mammon's head, until he can feel his skull straining under the pressure.
Call them off.
He hisses futilely, but then waves them away.
Aesa's spell lets up slightly.
I have a deal for you, snake.
Mammon glares up at her.
Let me up to ssspeak to you, and we sssshall bargain.
Aesa smiles and leans down towards him, her black hair falling fowards a little as he wings arch to keep her balance.
I'd prefer you know your place.
Mammon's eyes narrow to slits.
You'll not get away with thisss, winged bitch.
Aesa flips him up into the air in front of her with her spell, then draws a spear out of nowhere and runs him through. Luckily, she purposefully stabs him through in a non-vital area.
Doesn't make it any less painful, however.
I tend to get away with a lot, Mammon. Now listen to me.
Mammon writhes with pain but nods to her, clearly wanting to just get her out.
I have something I thought you might like, and I really don't want it. Furthermore-
A few of the pit fiends begin sneaking up behind her, but swords of force appears and begin ripping them apart.
Furthermore, I didn't want to give it to just anyone... I need someone who can give me something of value in return. Someone who will appreciate it and be able to pay me back.
Mammon nods again, and Aesa pulls out a necklace made of three threads which look oddly frayed and brown. Its rather dull.
Mammon looks up at her with suspicious eyes.
What is thisss?
Aesa smirks.
The physical manifestation of deific status. It is the deific title of the deity of changing fate.
Mammon's eyes gleam.
What do you desssire to trade it for?
I believe you possess the Crystal Eye of the Graeae?
Yessss...
I will trade this for that.
Mammon hisses.
It iss a fair trade. Done.
One of the pit fiends scrambles to go get it, and when he returns he moves past the swords, certain they will part for him.
They don't, and he earns a number of cuts, finally getting stabbed in the back and slain. The crystal rolls to Aesa's feet, and she picks it up, then drops the necklace in Mammon's hand. She moves away, then scribes a few runes to teleport.
Oh... and Mammon...
His eyes snap to her.
Do remember that it is simply the status of the deity, and not the power of one? I still have that- I couldn't part with it. I'm sure you understand.
Aesa vanishes with a cold smile as Mammon howls in rage.
Find her! Track the bitch to the bowelsss of the Abyssss if you have to!
He then notices that all the fiends in the room are dead, and goes to find more, still bleeding and wounded from Aesa's attacks against him.

Deus Mortus
2007-03-15, 07:49 AM
Somewhere far away in a dark fortress a man looks at scene and smiles.