PDA

View Full Version : The Gergotti Job

D20ragon
2014-08-19, 09:11 PM
September 16, 1925, New York City.

Ever since the Prohabition put bartenders out of business and gave the mobs the boost they needed, the Gergotti family has bought booze from Childes gang.
Everyone knew this. Hell, even the cops knew it. (The captain was a family friend.)
If you went to the Gergotti's parties, you drank Childes booze. That's the way it was.
Apparently, someone forgot to slip Jacob Gergotti the memo.
Needless to say, when the heir to the Gergotti social throne began to buy his giggle juice from other sources, Childe was not happy. In fact, her face showed an alarming lack of any positive emotions when she heard the news, and the messenger was hasty to back that claim up after he pried the bullet out of his knee.
Gergotti would have to reconsider. And if it took several sessions with family friends who knew what was best for him, so be it. And at the end of the day if he didn't change his poor misguided mind?
The Gergotti's had lost a lot of children. One more wouldn't hurt too bad.

1. Convince Jacob to buy from Childe.
2. Keep the affair under wraps.
3. Lethal force is permitted, but clean up after yourself.
4. 3 days or less

The car hummed quietly on the curb. To the left stood the Gergotti manor, a splendid brick building decked out with the best money could buy, in decorations and security systems.
But the crew wasn't half bad either.
The time was 3:00 Am.
And anything could happen.

darklink_shadow
2014-08-19, 11:58 PM
Slab stepped out of the car, and pulled his best friend Tommy out of the car with him. Thinking it over, he tucked the larger gun back under his coat, and instead grabbed the big boy's little cousins out instead. Each had a "Dr. Shush" TM silencer on them to keep things nice and quiet. Without a word he took several steps towards the manor before turning to look back at the assembled group. When we get in, ya'll got 15 minutes to chit chat with him before I just below his head off. They wouldn'ta hired me if they weren't serious about lethal force. Who's getting the alarm?

Grimtina
2014-08-20, 03:19 AM
Phil takes a bit longer getting out of the car, chewing on a toothpick as so often. Before he answers, he makes sure he has everything he thinks he needs for this. Which, as Slab's already bringing the cavalry, is his baseball bat "gloomy" and his knives. Sometimes carving a few reminders into people was much more effective than wasting bullets.

Throwing the roothpick over his shoulder, he finally answers. "That would be me."

Plerumque
2014-08-20, 06:49 AM
"Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that," Johnny says to Slab, testing the blades of his knives. "As much value as there might be, there's no money in a corpse." Satisfied, he relatches the medical kit and stands up. "But if that's the way it goes, I can take care of the corpse. Let's go."

Raunchel
2014-08-20, 07:40 AM
Mae steps from the back seat, where she was in the middle, as always. She doesn't carry any weapons or anything that could make her look threatening at all really. Not that she needs it, she doesn't threaten people, at most she makes kind suggestions, and gives heartfelt warnings. At this time of the day she would have prefered to be partying, or in Maria's bed, sleeping. But for some reason these idiots decided to do something stupid, and she had to ask them nicely to reconsider.

Tonight she wears a nice white dress. She was at a party when the question came, and she simply couldn't say no. Not that it was a particularly good party, but it's better than being at home, being the nice girl that she should be. So here she is, happy that she at least has her fur coat, and maybe, just maybe, all this could be fun.

"Get a wiggle on then, just don't bump him off yet, this Jacob bird is no bimbo, a gentle reminder will be enough to make him wriggle. Just leave the talking to this sheba and we can be home in time for breakfast."

Grimtina
2014-08-20, 07:58 AM
Phil nods and approaches the manor.

What's the fences, if any, and how do the windows look like? Have we seen a backdoor/servant entrance?

darklink_shadow
2014-08-20, 01:11 PM
Slab licks his upper teeth slowly, thinking, before nodding thrice slowly and shallowly. I won't go duck hunting if you convince him with your pretty words. Fifteen minute of chit chat should be more than enough though, Mae.

Slab turned and waited for Phil to make some progress before following. Slab knew his job, and knew better than to try and do someone else's. Instead of rushing in and accidentally setting off some alarm Phil hadn't gotten to, Slab watched him, and the manor like a hawk waiting for a rabbit to stick its stupid furry head out of its stupid little rabbit hole so he could blow its goddamn brains out. Maybe not a perfect metaphor.

Dienekes
2014-08-20, 01:32 PM
Arnold gets out of the car last. He simply listens as the others prattle their ideas on how they should go about solving Childes' problem. The one called Slab was first, to of course bring up murder. Direct, inelegant, simplistic, about what he had heard of this Slab character. Not an idiot, but he did not have the temperament for anything but the dirty work. The one called Phil was quieter, and seemed willing to follow any particular plot. Then the doctor and the girl, newcomers in the game by his accounts and they at least seemed to have some sense between them.

"We have three days," Arnold finally said as he gave a large friendly grin to his partners in this crime. "There is no real need to rush this to a mere 15 minutes. While Ms. Childe has a short temper there is no need to bring violence into the equation just yet. I'm sure she would prefer not to involve the police captain into this. I suggest reconnaissance and intimidation tonight. We find out who got it into this kids' head that it was a good idea to cross Childe, and see if we can make him see the error of his ways. Let's leave murder until we know there's no reasoning with the boy."

OOC
So, is there any roll or something to find out more information about Jacob? His likes, any lovers, that sort of thing.

darklink_shadow
2014-08-20, 01:42 PM
Slab's head turned back, and his eyes rolled to Arnold. He gave out an long impatient exhale through his nose, but didn't comment back. Head snapping back to watch Phil at work, he briefly contemplated a more tempered and patient approach, but decided he'd see how he felt in the heat of the moment. Shooting people was often the quickest pay to his pay day, and he'd much rather be done in one day, and head out to find his next job. The faster things were done, the more they got paid. The more they got paid, the better guns Slab could afford. A few Browning M2 HMGs were on the black market. Oh, how much Slab would love to get his hands on one of those little fellers.

The thought of the feel of the recoil and sound and smell of gunfire brought a slow smile to his lips. He'd much rather just shoot the fool and move on.

D20ragon
2014-08-20, 07:44 PM
Phil nods and approaches the manor.

What's the fences, if any, and how do the windows look like? Have we seen a backdoor/servant entrance?

The place is skirted by an iron fence, beyond which stretches a large expanse of garden and shrubbery.
Your eyes, used to this task, flit to the windows next: iron bars over all of them, shutters closed over the bars.
From the side you regard the manor from, no side door is visible, only gardens, and some ivy crawling up to the tiled roof.
Around the corner, you see the glow of a flashlight.
Somebody's headed this way.

Grimtina
2014-08-21, 03:40 AM
Phil disappears into msome of the shrubbery as he sees the approaching flash light. If that's the target's security, it#d be best to grab them. Such people sually had keys, and even if not, it was an obstacle to be removed. He grabs Gloomy tight and waits for the right moment.

Raunchel
2014-08-21, 03:48 AM
When Mae notices that someone is coming her way she doesn't hide. It would totally ruin her clothes to stand around in the shrubbery and her shoes also aren't entirely suitable for such a thing. And even then, she would be far too easy to find and a car can't be put away that easily. So she does what anyone in her position would do, she turns to face whoever is approaching and puts on her most innocent face. She knows how to be a distraction after all: "Hello? Is there anybody there?"

Plerumque
2014-08-21, 08:23 PM
Barely a rustle and Johnny's crouching in the bushes next to Phil, his medical bag lying beside him. "I got no clue what the security might be, but now we know one part. Wait and see if everything's jake before bringing out the back-up, though." Hurried whispers complete, he falls silent and watches through the leaves.

D20ragon
2014-08-24, 10:07 AM
Phil disappears into msome of the shrubbery as he sees the approaching flash light. If that's the target's security, it#d be best to grab them. Such people sually had keys, and even if not, it was an obstacle to be removed. He grabs Gloomy tight and waits for the right moment.

Barely a rustle and Johnny's crouching in the bushes next to Phil, his medical bag lying beside him. "I got no clue what the security might be, but now we know one part. Wait and see if everything's jake before bringing out the back-up, though." Hurried whispers complete, he falls silent and watches through the leaves.

When Mae notices that someone is coming her way she doesn't hide. It would totally ruin her clothes to stand around in the shrubbery and her shoes also aren't entirely suitable for such a thing. And even then, she would be far too easy to find and a car can't be put away that easily. So she does what anyone in her position would do, she turns to face whoever is approaching and puts on her most innocent face. She knows how to be a distraction after all: "Hello? Is there anybody there?"

A pair of well polished shoes crunch down the gravel path next to the shrubbery. The figure whom the shoes belong to is obscured by the darkness, the glare of the flashlight casting deep shadows on their face.

"Hello? Is there anybody out there?"
Mae's voice rings gently though the dark.
The footsteps pause before they reach the waiting ambushers.
"Who's asking?"
If you're close enough, you can hear the distinctive sound of a pistol being cocked.

The distraction will give you the bonus you need to reach the shrubbery, but you'll need to roll again to get behind the fellow.

Raunchel
2014-08-26, 05:16 AM
Mae hears the gun being cocked, but knows that she shouldn't do anything stupid. "Sir? Could you please help me? It appears that my car has broken down and I have no idea about how I should go about repairing it."

Dienekes
2014-08-28, 01:59 PM
Arnold looked at the rest of his fellows in the shrubbery, his friendly grin still plastered on his face as Mae distracted the guard. This was unfortunate, you never know how people react when the help gets killed. Some turn vengeful, some get frightened, and some don't notice at all. Perhaps he could just be knocked unconscious if he gets too the car, but that would have to be done by one of these thugs he'd been forced to work with, and Arnold didn't trust his ability to keep them under control, especially if he wanted to avoid killing Jacob later.

Finding himself unable to help in the current situation, he instead looked at the security in the hopes another surprise like this wouldn't happen.

Breaker [roll0] of 100.
To see if there are more guards and get a better look at the security in general.

Grimtina
2014-08-28, 04:18 PM
Phil was beginning to get impatient. He was sure Mae#s approach would work - it did with almost all men. But he was getting jumpy...

D20ragon
2014-08-28, 05:29 PM
Mae hears the gun being cocked, but knows that she shouldn't do anything stupid. "Sir? Could you please help me? It appears that my car has broken down and I have no idea about how I should go about repairing it."

"Yeah? Well, let me check it out. Might be there's something I can do..."
The mans voice is obscured by the rustling of branches as he pushes himself through a shrub directly ahead of the ambush.

Raunchel
2014-09-01, 10:58 AM
"Really? Thank you so very much for doing this for me!", Mae wonders when the others will take this man down, she should really have done something else tonight.

D20ragon
2014-09-01, 12:51 PM
"Really? Thank you so very much for doing this for me!", Mae wonders when the others will take this man down, she should really have done something else tonight.

The first thing Mae sees is the barrel of a revolver.
The sliver thing is almost hypnotizing.
Behind it forms a hand, then an arm, a body, until the silhouette of a entire man is visible.
"Hush, li'l honey. Take a step closer."
The man inches forward himself, stepping completely out of the hedge.

darklink_shadow
2014-09-01, 05:11 PM
Slab darts out from the bush and grabs the man from behind, nuzzling the man's ear with the tip of a silencer. This job ain't worth yer life, bub. Toss your gun inta'th bushes and then here's what'll happen. Yuh'll 'pologize ta the nice lady, I'll let ye go, and then ye walk all the way home. Got it? Cuz if not, I've plenny uv bullits, and I won't miss th' one that takes yer life.

Using my earlier rolls.

Grimtina
2014-09-03, 03:52 AM
In disbelief of the turn of events, Phil steps out of the bushes as well, but he can see that the problem is well in hand. With quick moves, he searches the unpolite guard for a key once he complies to the demands.

Using the earlier rolls as well

D20ragon
2014-09-05, 07:54 PM
Slab darts out from the bush and grabs the man from behind, nuzzling the man's ear with the tip of a silencer. This job ain't worth yer life, bub. Toss your gun inta'th bushes and then here's what'll happen. Yuh'll 'pologize ta the nice lady, I'll let ye go, and then ye walk all the way home. Got it? Cuz if not, I've plenny uv bullits, and I won't miss th' one that takes yer life.

Using my earlier rolls.

Slowly, and with obvious resentment, the gun is thrown away.
The man steps forward, pulling a bowler hat down lower over his face.
"Alright. Just gonna go now. Don't go screwing me over now. It ain't worth it to me."

In disbelief of the turn of events, Phil steps out of the bushes as well, but he can see that the problem is well in hand. With quick moves, he searches the unpolite guard for a key once he complies to the demands.

Using the earlier rolls as well

Oddly enough for a guard, the man has no key. His trousers are of fine material however, as is his coat. He's got a pack of smokes, 6 bullets and a lighter tucked away in various pockets, and a watch dangling from a chain adorns his chest.

darklink_shadow
2014-09-05, 08:23 PM
'cuse me? You fergot ta' apologize to the pretty lady. Ain't that a shame. Man dressed so nice, but ain't even'a gennelman. Slab made a clicking sound of disappointment, and then his gun made a clicking sound of anger. But that's alrigh' I don't much like her neither. No go on, and don't worry. You ain't gettin' screwed. Iffen er'thing goes right, nobody's gettin' screwed. Juss one uv them warning type house calls.

Slab took a step back, letting the metal of the gun move away from the surrendered man. The gun remained leveled between his shoulder blades, but that was only going to remain that was so long as the man was still a potential threat.

Dienekes
2014-09-06, 03:58 PM
Seeing the commotion is mostly done, Arnold believed it was high time he took hand of the situation. An obvious opportunity was being missed.

Arnold strolled out of the bush and dusted himself off, getting rid of some leaves and a twig that had stuck to his coat. "Hello, now I understand this is a bit of a strange night for you. But allow me to illustrate your options. You can do as my good friend with the gun says, meaning you'll be found not on the premises tomorrow. This will probably get you fired at best, or if your employer is not a forgiving man, sent to prison for abetting a crime. Both horrible possibilities. Or, you can see this as an opportunity to look like a hero to your employer and make an extra $100." Arnold holds the cash up between him and their captive. "That's about a months pay, isn't it? Now, what do you say?"

[roll0] face to bribe. My score is 80.

Dice, you mean.

Grimtina
2014-09-08, 05:10 AM
Phil pockets the bullets quickly, then decides to let the others deal with the "social" part of this little problem.

D20ragon
2014-09-12, 02:26 PM
'cuse me? You fergot ta' apologize to the pretty lady. Ain't that a shame. Man dressed so nice, but ain't even'a gennelman. Slab made a clicking sound of disappointment, and then his gun made a clicking sound of anger. But that's alrigh' I don't much like her neither. No go on, and don't worry. You ain't gettin' screwed. Iffen er'thing goes right, nobody's gettin' screwed. Juss one uv them warning type house calls.

Slab took a step back, letting the metal of the gun move away from the surrendered man. The gun remained leveled between his shoulder blades, but that was only going to remain that was so long as the man was still a potential threat.

Seeing the commotion is mostly done, Arnold believed it was high time he took hand of the situation. An obvious opportunity was being missed.

Arnold strolled out of the bush and dusted himself off, getting rid of some leaves and a twig that had stuck to his coat. "Hello, now I understand this is a bit of a strange night for you. But allow me to illustrate your options. You can do as my good friend with the gun says, meaning you'll be found not on the premises tomorrow. This will probably get you fired at best, or if your employer is not a forgiving man, sent to prison for abetting a crime. Both horrible possibilities. Or, you can see this as an opportunity to look like a hero to your employer and make an extra $100." Arnold holds the cash up between him and their captive. "That's about a months pay, isn't it? Now, what do you say?"

[roll0] face to bribe. My score is 80.

Dice, you mean.

A quick grin crosses the mans face at Arnold's words, before being quickly stifled.
"A months pay... Yep! That's it. Make it 150 and I'm your man."

Dienekes
2014-09-12, 10:25 PM
Greedy one, isn't he. Still can't fault a man for taking the opportunities presented him. Arnold nodded and smiled. "Well, half now. Half when this business is over." Arnold said as he tucked $75 into the man's pants pocket. "So, what's the quickest, easiest way in to see your boss, without disturbing any of your compatriots who may be walking the grounds?"

D20ragon
2014-09-16, 10:01 PM
"The...? Ah... Yeah. The boss is up on the highest floor. Yeah, definitely. But I can get you in through the basement, if you'll bear with me a minute. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if everyone would stop waving their iron in my face, you understand."

darklink_shadow
2014-09-17, 01:41 AM
If wishes were fishes, as my grandpa always said. Slab said without a hint of humor, making a point to keep his piece obviously aimed at the man's chest. Don't trust a man who betrays another man's trust was another one of them sayings of his. You gonna go snake on your boss, good for you. Makes you richer, and less dead. But makes me trust you only half as far as I can throw you. So you get to admire my iron all night.

Raunchel
2014-09-17, 05:13 AM
"Just pull the thing from his face, but keep it ready in your hand. We don't want any messy accidents to happen. I think that the message is clear, right? Otherwise a mess might just be the thing we want. Now, shall we go and pay our dear friend a little visit?", Mae said, smiling as always.

darklink_shadow
2014-09-18, 06:44 PM
Slab licked his teeth, then spat into the bushes. You know what else he said? Never trust a woman who smiles too much. I s'pose he didn't trust many people, but he lived to the ripe old age of 95. So 'e musta done sommin right.

Plerumque
2014-09-18, 07:34 PM
"Now, now, let's all at least pretend to be attempting civility," Johnny speaks up, tipping his hat to the guard. "Besides, if there has to be a corpse I'd prefer it to have most of its organs in the right place. But Mae's got it right: we need to get moving, not stand here flapping our jaws like idiots." Picking up his medical bag, he takes a few steps down the pathway and turns back to the others. "Well?"

Dienekes
2014-09-18, 08:30 PM
Arnold just nods his head. "There you have it, the gun stays. Now, if you would lead the way, I would be much obliged."

Grimtina
2014-09-24, 11:32 AM
Phil just nods, swaying back and forth a little, betraying his impatience.