PDA

View Full Version : Do gooder organizations

herrhauptmann
2014-08-19, 11:43 PM
So Faerun has the Harpers as a do-gooder group. Started by a bunch of the Chosen of Mystra and others. Later was damaged when Blackstaff left the group to form his own splinter group. I think post 4E the Harpers might be resurgent.

My question is, does Greyhawk have any similar organizations? I'm thinking of joining a Greyhawk campaign where the DM is willing to adapt things from other settings; and I'd like to find a way to get Harper Paragon (PGtF) using an existing group.
Thank you.

herrhauptmann
2014-08-20, 06:24 PM
Bump.

Are there do-gooder societies? Or is it all just Mordenkainen playing both sides against the middle?

hamishspence
2014-08-20, 06:27 PM
Greyhawk wiki might be a good place to start looking - here's their list of organisations - you could go through it and pick out the do-gooders of the bunch:

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Greyhawk_organizations

Coidzor
2014-08-21, 10:20 PM
IIRC there's some kind of Purple Dragon Knight group that opposes Iuz specifically and more generally the other nearby big bad organizations, like that evil group of Suel mages looking to resurrect that empire.

I think there was some kind of support organization for the Council of 8 or whatever their name was.

Nothing off the top of my head that screams Harper analog, though, sorry. Not exactly well-versed in Oerthian lore anyway.

Marlowe
2014-08-22, 12:27 AM
Complete Adventurer has the Order of Illumination, which presumably would be Greyhawk by default.