PDA

View Full Version : What's with 5th edition feats.

GAA
2014-08-20, 12:37 AM
So I guess it's a optional rule, but I was looking at the feats for 5th edition and something rather confused me. At first I thought the feats were that you gave up a ability score increase and got some cool ability or power, but it seems like some(I didn't scan through all of them but a decent amount) gave you a ability score as well. So if you're using feats and want that particular increase, don't get the increase and get a feat that gives you that increase anyways as well as something else. Am I totally off base or does that make sense? Why was this so if I got this right?

I'm dumb and can't delete post and didn't think the ability score increase would be by two.

Muenster Man
2014-08-20, 12:40 AM
Plain ability score increases give 2 points to your ability scores, both of which can be applied to the same ability

Edit: Ninja'd!

akaddk
2014-08-20, 12:53 AM
Plain ability score increases give 2 points to your ability scores, both of which can be applied to the same ability

Edit: Ninja'd!

Technically not correct. You can EITHER put a +1 in two different ability scores OR a +2 in one ability score. A semantic but nevertheless important difference.

Muenster Man
2014-08-20, 12:56 AM
Eh, I thought writing 'can be applied to the same ability' implied that they didn't have to go to the same ability