PDA

View Full Version : Nonlethal damage: how common in your game?

Dawgmoah
2014-08-20, 11:16 AM
Browsing through the BoED and noticed the spell "Refreshment." It cures creatures of all nonlethal damage.

In most games I have either run or played in nonlethal damage is not a major factor except in the rare "catch them alive" scenarios.

How rare or common is nonlethal damage in the game you are either presently running or playing in?

StoneCipher
2014-08-20, 11:47 AM
My PCs like to start bar fights all the time, so I'd say its fairly common. However, that doesn't matter much since they can easily sleep it off in town.

Outside of town, I believe it's been used a couple times, but not much at all.

Necroticplague
2014-08-20, 01:26 PM
Relatively common, but also incredibly common to immunize yourself. Both of these factors are due to Regeneration, which can turn lethal into nonlethal. And when you have that, you try and look for ways to ignore nonlethal, making you significantly more reselient. Gheden is a popular choice, but so is Warforged Juggernaut. And combine either with Troll Blooded for a decent bit of canned tank.

Zanos
2014-08-20, 01:29 PM
The only people who generally use nonlethal damage in my campaigns are town guards and certain cultists. Unless someone in the party has regeneration, I'd say it's fairly uncommon. It also heals very quickly naturally.

However, forced marches do cause nonlethal damage. You could potentially march for a very long time if you had a lot of casts of refreshment.

Milodiah
2014-08-20, 01:33 PM
Well, my PCs are the town guards, so...it's actually pretty common. They have a continuum-of-force and everything.