PDA

View Full Version : Challenge of the Seven Rings - IC

DM_Letholdus
2014-08-20, 03:33 PM
The sky was dark over the tall lonely tower of the former Circle of Magi. Off in the distance you could see the demons and devils rallying inside the gates of the complex. Our adventure begins at the crossroads southwest of Lancashire. The posting said meet here at mid day for the local magistrate to sanction you as warriors of the county and get your first weeks pay. It was about an hour to go and a few people were already there, waiting for their slice of the pie. As it approaches noon, the sky turns dark and it starts to thunder off in the distance. The local magistrate can be seen off in the distance, riding his horse towards the crossroads from Lancashire. It begins to rain as he rides up and begins to shout over the pounding rain, "I am Magistrate Higgins, standing in for Count Dizruluk. If you are here to sign up to fight against the growing extraplanar threat the former Circle of Magi tower presents, say aye."

darklink_shadow
2014-08-20, 04:27 PM
Ulrem urges his mount Urbek forward, as he raises his hand. Aye. I will protect our great land, along with my brothers and sisters, the wolves. After the briefest of pauses, the trio of wolves step forward and howl. It looks like our demons back there are ready to attack at any moment though. Eyes sharp, Urbek. The man pats his mount gently, and he turns his focus away from the man before them, and towards the threat.

Ellowryn
2014-08-20, 05:29 PM
Aye, I am ready to purge their existence from this land! John steps forward through the crowd who had not trouble guessing where the voice came from, nor in getting out of the way of his large armored form.

Oroboros
2014-08-20, 06:26 PM
"Aye," Codias declared. The crowd started as a large figure, dressed in an armor of leaves, strode out of the nearby forest astride a large tyrannosaurus. "It's high time that we remove the threat of those abominations from our country."

Erik Vale
2014-08-20, 09:12 PM
"Aye."
Alex steps forth, eyes reflective as polished mirrors, armor shined and clean as if it was just done up.
"Tis high time the tower was returned to purpose."

dupersudi
2014-08-20, 11:48 PM
"Aye" Says the one in the shadows that nobody noticed.

Starbin
2014-08-22, 12:57 PM
A hulking figure, dressed in fine hides, lumbered forward, eyes under a furrowed brow peering at the man on the horse. Glancing at the others who had already stepped forward, he moved to join them, rumbling in a gravelly voice, "I." Nodding to the others, he stared at the tower, one hand reaching into a small satchel at his side, one finger stroking something inside it absently as he waited for the horse-man to speak again.

DM_Letholdus
2014-08-23, 07:47 PM
The magistrate counts everyone gatered, then says, "If everyone could state their name for the record, we can get underway." As you all recite your names, the magistrate marks everyone down, then pulls out a satchel and opens it. "Pay is two gold and seven silver per week, if you die your comrades cannot collect your pay. Anything you collect while on assignment is yours to keep. Now if you all could just wait here while a paladin of the order of the Phoenix will be here shortly to help coordinate everyone. Zadriels blessings be upon you. Good day." The magistrate packs up his satchel and gets underway again back towards Lancashire. In the distance towards Lancashire you can see a figure clad in armor walking towards the crossroads. The sky is dark and lightning is crashing and echoing around the valley. The demons and devils seem to be moving out now and heading towards your gathering. The paladin should be here in five minutes.

darklink_shadow
2014-08-23, 08:51 PM
Ulrem states his name, but distractedly as he watches the demons approach. A sharp whistle brings all the wolves closer to his side as they snarl menacingly. In addition, he draws his lance. They approach quicker than the paladin.

Oroboros
2014-08-24, 09:48 AM
"Indeed. We'd best prepare for a fight." I cast shield from my wand, and barkskin on my T-Rex Scar. I offer to cast enlarge person (also on a wand) and haste on any who require it.

dupersudi
2014-08-24, 01:16 PM
"I will strike from an unexpected place." And melts away into some nearby shadows.

[roll0]

Ellowryn
2014-08-24, 06:43 PM
Stepping forward to place himself between the group and the approaching horde, John readies his seemingly over sized longbow.

Any spells to aid us in battle will be appreciated for these beings of evil need to be trampled under our feet if we are to make it to the tower.

As stated above, move in front of group and ready action to full attack the first creature to pass the 220ft mark from me, and yes an enlarge person would be wonderful!

darklink_shadow
2014-08-24, 07:50 PM
They are not yet so fearsome to me that I wish to used any of your limited resources. Ulrem positions himself just behind the giant, with his wolfpack ready to charge.

Ready action to charge actually is something you can do with a feat. One I don't have though.

Instead, I won't ready anything. Once they get close enough, though, I will charge.

Oroboros
2014-08-25, 04:53 AM
Stepping forward to place himself between the group and the approaching horde, John readies his seemingly over sized longbow.

Any spells to aid us in battle will be appreciated for these beings of evil need to be trampled under our feet if we are to make it to the tower.

As stated above, move in front of group and ready action to full attack the first creature to pass the 220ft mark from me, and yes an enlarge person would be wonderful!

I cast enlarge person on John from my wand.

Starbin
2014-08-25, 02:14 PM
The huge, wild-looking ogre glanced at the approachign devils, then reached down to rub a bit of dirt against his feet. Next, he pulled for a piece of mistletoe, murmuring for a few moments before completing a spell that hardened his skin ... making him look more like a tree than ever. Then he whispered another set of words, and with a wave, his bark-like skin began to ooze a sticky sap. Finally, he moved to stand next to the huge dinosaur and he glanced at the person who was with the gigantic beast. "His teeth are big, but could be bigger ..."

Tiny is casting Longstrider, Barkskin and Resinous Skin on himself, then will cast Strong Jaws on the Dinosaur (or a dire wolf) as desired.

HP 132/132; Speed 40ft; AC 24 (T: 15 FF: 19); CMB/CMD: 22/36; F +13 R +9 W +12
4/4 wild shapes; 26/26 rage; Enlarge 8/8; Bramble Armor 9/9

Active Effects
- Longstrider (+10 ft move; 9 hrs)
- Barkskin (+4 natural AC; 90 min)
- Resinous skin (DR 5/piercing, CMD/CMB bonuses; 90 min)
- Strong Jaws (Natural weapons are two sizes bigger; 9 min)

0 (4): detect magic, guidance, mending, create water
1 (6): longstrider , longstrider, obscuring mist x2, entangle, endure elements, enlarge person (D)
2 (5): spider climb, resist energy x2, aspect of the bear, barkskin, barkskin (D)
3 (4): neutralize poison x2, resinous skin, communal resist energy, plant growth (D)
4 (3): strong jaw, flame strike, freedom of movement, command plants (D)
5 (2): call lightning, stoneskin, righteous might (D)

Oroboros
2014-08-25, 03:23 PM
The huge, wild-looking ogre glanced at the approachign devils, then reached down to rub a bit of dirt against his feet. Next, he pulled for a piece of mistletoe, murmuring for a few moments before completing a spell that hardened his skin ... making him look more like a tree than ever. Then he whispered another set of words, and with a wave, his bark-like skin began to ooze a sticky sap. Finally, he moved to stand next to the huge dinosaur and he glanced at the person who was with the gigantic beast. "His teeth are big, but could be bigger ..."

Tiny is casting Longstrider, Barkskin and Resinous Skin on himself, then will cast Strong Jaws on the Dinosaur (or a dire wolf) as desired.

Active Effects
- Longstrider (+10 ft move; 9 hrs)
- Barkskin (+4 natural AC; 90 min)
- Resinous skin (DR 5/piercing, CMD/CMB bonuses; 90 min)
- Strong Jaws (Natural weapons are two sizes bigger; 9 min)

1 (6): longstrider , longstrider, obscuring mist x2, entangle, endure elements, enlarge person (D)
2 (5): spider climb, resist energy x2, aspect of the bear, barkskin, barkskin (D)
3 (4): neutralize poison x2, resinous skin, communal resist energy, plant growth (D)

I nod. "Go right ahead."

Erik Vale
2014-08-25, 07:28 PM
Alex smiles.
"This shall be a good test of our prowess."
With that, a horn appears in his hand that wasn't there before, which he then blows creating a long loud note, with a group of barbarians suddenly appearing, leather clad with great big axes.

Rolling for Pacts:
Muse Istago, DC raised for Monstrous Aspect: [roll0] vs DC 24 for a Good Pact.
Hexus, DC raised for Monstrous Aspect: [roll1] vs DC 26 for a Good Pact.

Monstrous Aspects, rerolls in case of 99-100: [roll2]

And Pact Augmenting for +2 to Hit for all attacks.

Ok, I constantly seek to please and put friends before myself, however I prefer my own company. My skin is green and warty with my body splattered with paint, when I 'summoned' the barbarians, I swirled with colour.
I can 'Stentch' in a 20 ft line [Sickened 1d4 Rounds, DC 18, 1/5 Rounds], I've a Burrow Speed of 15ft with Blindsense of 5ft, and if I spend 1 hour in sunlight I dont need to Eat Or Drink [I have a ring of sustenence though, so boo] while also taking -2 Charisma.

So... I'm a greenish nobly plant-creature with claws that doesn't smell too good, has been splattered with pain, and has silver eyes. Oh, I'm also unusually agile even by my measure, having been 'perfected' by Muse Istago.

The group of Barbarians is a major image being 8 Barbarians in their own 10ft cubes, they effect all normal senses except touch. This is based on the Valkyrie horn which normally summons hordes of low level barbarians at a high cost, which I would never use myself. They are in a skirmish line 20ft out from us. I have to concentrate on this.

DM_Letholdus
2014-08-25, 08:29 PM
The paladin seeing the demons and devils approach runs the last few hundred feet to get ahead of the horde. ""I am Dimocles. The enemy will be here soon. I know an area towards the tower that is ideal for fighting the horde. Let us make haste at once. Follow me." he says loudly, then dashes off down the path towards the tower. You jog for maybe three minutes and come to an area where two small hills on either side of the path rise to a height of about fifteen feet. The illusion barbarians form a skirmish line about fifty feet in front of you and the horde can be seen five hundred or so feet from them. They number almost thirty in total. About a score of lesser demons, a half dozen greater ones, two larger demons and a large devil can be seen. "Form ranks. Archers and casters to the hills on either side, swordsmen with me! Try not to get killed and watch each others backs. They may have the numbers, but we have the heart! Prepare for battle."

Erik Vale
2014-08-25, 08:59 PM
Despite the command Alex stays among the group for close quarters, arrow already in place.
"Trust me, I'm much better in the thick of it... If you want I could drop the barbarians and start shooting early, though they may be good for allowing us a charge while they struggle with illusive men that can't hit."

Oroboros
2014-08-26, 02:21 PM
Codias prepares for battle, pacing nervously. He orders Scar to stand in the front lines and attack when the outsiders get near, then disappears in a flutter of feathers, flying into the sky.

I wildshape into a hawk fly just over one of the hills, trying to remain unnoticed by the demons so that I can cast my spells undetected, at least at first.

Starbin
2014-08-29, 10:24 AM
Nodding to the holy knight, the lumbering half-ogre followed the man, almost outpacing him as they reached their defensive position. He stood nearby, waiting for the flock of demons to approach, eyeing the group for ones that might require a combined attack. His barky, sappy skin rippled over huge muscles as he tested his own patience ... keeping his inner beast locked away until the things were within range ...

Moving to stand with the paladin, weapon at the ready. Will rage later :smallsmile: Tiny only has KS Nature & Geography, so I'm not sure he's going to learn anything useful about these things. Anyone with Planes (or maybe even Religion / Arcana) want to take a stab?

Active Effects
- Longstrider (Tiny; +10 ft move; 9 hrs)
- Barkskin (Tiny; +4 natural AC; 90 min)
- Resinous skin (Tiny; DR 5/piercing, CMD/CMB bonuses; 90 min)
- Strong Jaws on (Dinosaur; Natural weapons are two sizes bigger; 9 min)

darklink_shadow
2014-08-29, 04:27 PM
Ulrem takes position a little bit away from the rest of the group, his pack following, and then fanning out. Be ready girls. You know the drill, knock 'em flat and Urbek and I, and I suppose some of these other fellows, will come clean 'em up.

Ellowryn
2014-08-29, 06:12 PM
Well, you are in charge of this group, John puts away his Composite Longbow and draws his massive hammer, so i shall let others thin the herd while we wait.

Will flank the Paladin on the other side and ready an action to crush anything that gets into my now 15ft reach.