PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How to handle a Champion of Kord without a prestige class?

MonkeySage
2014-08-20, 11:51 PM
One of my players has up till now been a cleric of kord, and following a wrestling competition(a divine test, actually), managed to impress the deity enough to evaluate him for future potential, see if he'll be worthy to become Kord's champion.

Should the player manage to demonstrate good role playing, and good leadership skills, I plan to give him something special as Kord's champion. But I'm not sure what that special thing is and I do not want to go down the prestige class route. Any suggestions?

chaos_redefined
2014-08-20, 11:55 PM
The Champion's Greatsword, a legacy item/artifact bestowed upon the Champion of Kord to demonstrate their devotion, leadership skills, and might.

Alternatively, he could become head priest at a temple of Kord. Roleplaying oppurtunities abound.

Finally, the Kord-blooded template could be appropriate here? Give it to him free of charge (as in, no LA).

Arutema
2014-08-21, 02:58 AM
One of my players has up till now been a cleric of kord, and following a wrestling competition(a divine test, actually), managed to impress the deity enough to evaluate him for future potential, see if he'll be worthy to become Kord's champion.

Should the player manage to demonstrate good role playing, and good leadership skills, I plan to give him something special as Kord's champion. But I'm not sure what that special thing is and I do not want to go down the prestige class route. Any suggestions?

Something well-suited to the player's current build, of course. Knowing roughly what that build is would help.

Telonius
2014-08-21, 09:09 AM
3.5, but ... I'd say give him the True Believer feat for free. Belt of the Champion (Magic Item Compendium p. 73) or Sword of Mighty Thews (MiC p. 60) could be appropriate rewards, or feel free to make up your own relic.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-21, 09:48 AM
Finally, the Kord-blooded template could be appropriate here? Give it to him free of charge (as in, no LA).

This is my vote. Measurable, personal benefits he can't sell that are useful while not overly powerful.