PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Decendent Paragon [Class]

TheElfLord
2007-03-07, 01:02 AM
I'm exploring the idea of creating a paragon class to represent people who are decended from Dragons. I think bloodlines are too weak to be an effective option, so here is my attempt. This a paragon class example for a White Dragon Decendent. My question to you all, is this balanced?

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +1 +2 +0 +2 Alertness; +1 to Hide; +1 to Move Silently
2 +2 +3 +0 +3 +1 Str
3 +3 +3 +1 +3 Cold resistance 5; White Dragon Affinity +2

So is it balanced? or worth it? if it is too power, how to make it more balanced?

TheElfLord
2007-03-07, 09:50 PM
Could someone please give me some feedback on this?

3nkil
2007-03-07, 10:29 PM
In the game I play in this would be underpowered. I would be hesitant to give up 3 levels of class abilities for the powers you have here.

jjpickar
2007-03-07, 10:30 PM
It looks a little weak. Throw in some sorcerer spellcasting level advancement.

brian c
2007-03-07, 10:54 PM
The Races of the Dragon Web Enhancement has a paragon class for Kobolds; that might be a good example to look at if you're doing a paragon class for a Draconic creature. Maybe look at the bloodlines for dragons too; a Paragon class for "dragon-descended" should be prety similar to the abilities that you'd get for a Major Bloodline of a dragon, which also costs 3 levels. It seems a little under-powered honestly, I would say at least change it to +2 str

Black Mage
2007-03-07, 11:37 PM
I'd rather just take the white dragon blood line than that class. It does the same thing, only better, and without losing class abilities from other possible class choices.

brian c
2007-03-07, 11:46 PM
I'd rather just take the white dragon blood line than that class. It does the same thing, only better, and without losing class abilities from other possible class choices.

um... you need to sacrifice class levels to take the bloodline...

TheElfLord
2007-03-08, 12:14 AM

This is an attempt to improve bloodlines. You get all the same abilites of a White Dragon Bloodline as well as BAB, saves, and skill points, which i didn't add, but you would get.

brian c
2007-03-08, 10:29 AM
This is an attempt to improve bloodlines. You get all the same abilites of a White Dragon Bloodline as well as BAB, saves, and skill points, which i didn't add, but you would get.

Well the fact is, I know a lot of people think that bloodlines are underpowered; you really could add a little more to it while still keeping it balanced.