PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Technomancer PrC: Worth it?

Crustypeanut
2014-08-21, 11:35 AM
For those playing in the Iron Gods campaigns No spoilers please, even if I know them already, do you guys think the Technomancer (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/technomancer.html) Prestige Class is any good?

Obviously this PrC is all but useless outside of the Iron Gods campaign, but I'm thinking of going into the PrC for my Arcanist, if only until level 3 so he can recharge his tech by burning spells. That being said, I'm also tempted to go into an early-entry Wizard/Gunslinger/Eldritch Knight, but I'm worried about potentially running out of ammunition (Batteries!). Sure theres the Recharge spell, but that costs 500 gp per casting or 2 strength and 1d6 damage if combined with Blood Money.

With 3 levels in Technomancer, not only can he keep a Timeworn piece of equipment going indefinitely and allowing him to recharge it normally, but he can also burn spellslots to power his gear, even if its only for one round.

On second thought, now that I look at that, the charges only last one round and thats.. not really very good.. as most items only use 1 charge per round (Excluding big stuff).

Thoughts?

Edit: I was just pointed to a 4th level ability of the Technomancer who can recycle equipment, though like crafting technology from scratch, he has to have specialized machinery. But it would be a great way to use up all those broken timeworn pieces of equipment we're sure to find!

caimbuel
2014-08-21, 12:47 PM
No spoilers, fine, logic I hope is permissible. The campaign is about future tech and the PRC makes you almost a master of it, I find it hard to see how that would not be relevant. It does have 1 caster level loss tho, so plan accordingly. I do think it is a no brainer on what you get in return for that 1 caster level loss tho. I would not recommend it for a non Iron god campaign tho as space age does not meet most sword and sorcery games.