PDA

View Full Version : Re-worked Swashbuckler Archetype for fighters

Yagyujubei
2014-08-21, 01:28 PM
My last one had too much meat for an archetype so this time I tried to keep it much more limited. The idea is to get limited maneuvers, and the evasive finesse fighting you would expect from a swashbuckler with some extra fluff/flavor stuff added in.

Again, this would be for use in a straigh 20 fighter so ignore the abilitiy to dip fr crazy bonuses. I think this is fairly well balanced

3-
Finesse dualing- When wielding a light versatile weapon and nothing else in addition to the +2 to dmg rolls you als get +1 to AC and +1 to dodge reflex.
Cutting Wit- As a bonus action you may use the Vicious Mockery cantrip
Lightfoot- You gain +10ft speed

7- Flourishes- You get flourish dice much like superiority dice. you gain 4 d6 flourish dice, you gain another at 10 and another at 15th level.
Dirty Fighting- You may choose upon an attack to additionally blind or prone them vs. DEX.
Bloody Strikes- You may expend a die to do that dies roll in ongoing bleeding dmg vs. Fort save.
Cross Counter- As a reaction, you may reduce the dmg of the an incoming attack by 50% and make an attack against the target with advantage

10-Charisma of the seas:
You gain expertise in Acrobatics, Deception, and Persuasion and gain resistance to charming effects causing them to roll at disadvantage

15- Daredevil:
You gain the Uncanny dodge, Evasion, and Slippery mind abilities and can move on boats as well as in towns with freedom of movement

18-
Pinpoint attacks:
For each successive attack against a single target you gain +2 to your dmg roll up to a value of +10

so this along with the ninja are the two ,are the ones I'm gonna try to get my DM to allow me to play if he wont let me just be Arcane Archer Bard(but thst is game breaking as **** even if he doesnt know that)