PDA

View Full Version : Persona-SotVD: Reading Detours

Kioku
2014-08-21, 11:37 PM
"Hello, Alice." Asami appears practically out of nowhere and pats the addressed girl on the shoulder a couple of times to get her attention. "I got lost the other day in town and happened across a used book store. I wanted to check it out today, and thought you might like to... it's okay if you have other plans though, of course!" She gives a bright, warm, and rather hopeful smile. "If you know anybody else that might want to come, you're welcome to invite them too... if you want to go, that is?"

alchaos
2014-08-22, 06:28 AM
Alice almost jumped out of her skin when Asami appeared out of nowhere.She turned aroud swinging the book she had in her hand,stopping at the last second recognizing Asami.

''Sorryy,don't surrrprise me like this.A used bookstore? Let's go.''

Alice started embarassed and then started smiling when she comprehanded what Asami said to her.

''Bookstore,we're going to the bookstore. Yippee.''

Kioku
2014-08-22, 09:28 AM
Asami freezes when the book comes at her, knowing that she probably deserves the hit and shouldn't redirect it, and blinks in surprise when it stops just short. "Nice reflexes..." she says quietly, more at the ability to stop the swing than anything else. "I mean, great! I'm glad. Ahhh... would you rather walk, or take the rail? I'm fine either way, but people say I'm a bad judge of what's 'too far' to go on foot. I think it's only about 4 kilometers from here." She starts toward the exit while talking, but makes sure Alice is keeping up.

alchaos
2014-08-22, 11:04 AM
''Four Kilometer ? That's kinda far on foot,it would take about an hour i think ? You got a bicycle to go there ? I can read while we're walking also, that always make the walk faster.''

Alice seemed ready to go there on foot if needed but was also looking at other option of transportation.

Kioku
2014-08-22, 12:02 PM
That's considered far here? What do I say to that? "Ahh... that could be a while, I suppose, and we could ta- I mean you could read just as easily waiting for a bus, which would take less time. Although, I don't have a bike or anything, but if you do I wouldn't mind running along side." Asami replies, biting her lip and hoping Alice didn't catch the slip. "I could do homework on the way, in the former case... let's go see if a bus is at the nearest stop already, that would be fastest."

alchaos
2014-08-22, 03:40 PM
''Okay, i'll follow you.I've only been in town for a month so i don't know much about getting around it.''

Alice followed Asami to the bus station and waited for the next bus.

''So you've been here for long ?''

Kioku
2014-08-22, 04:37 PM
"I only arrived in town the same day that we both moved into the dorm, really. Tam has had me focus so much on watching our surroundings though, and she has a much better memory than I do, so..." Asami shrugs. "I suppose the difficulty keeping my attention on one thing at a time pays off when it comes to getting around places." She digs around in her bag while trying to further the conversation. "Do you like it here? The place, the people?"

alchaos
2014-08-22, 08:47 PM
''It's been,what would call it. Ah right an experience.''

''So many people,so many new friend and TEA,let's not forget the TEA and COOKIES.''

Alice suddendly slammed her fist into her hand at the end of her sentence.

''You seem friendly thought, wanna be friends ?I think i'm gonna need a few to survive. Oups.''

''Don't tell the cannon fodder,that it's gonna be cannon fodder.Moron.''

She blushed at the end of her sentence.

Kioku
2014-08-22, 10:05 PM
Asami blinks and tilts her head, looking at Alice. "An experience worthy of percussion? I hope it was mostly good at least." She smiles a little at the next thing said and puts a hand on the other girl's fist. "Of course we can be friends! I do hope survival won't come into it as a matter of debate, but with what we do... even so, I'd like that." She pulls her hand away quickly, hoping it wasn't misread or the cause of her blush.

alchaos
2014-08-25, 07:09 AM
''Sure i would like that.''

''Friend,we got a a friends.Yi,Yip Hurrae.

Then the bus to the used bookstore turned around the corner.

Kioku
2014-08-25, 08:35 AM
Asami's eyes flick to look at something over Alice's shoulder when the bus comes around the corner. "Ah! I guess we don't have to wait too long after all." Her occupied hand finishes digging around in her bag, producing several coins. "Here we go!" She stands and looks back with a smile at Alice, holding out her empty hand to help the other girl up.

alchaos
2014-08-26, 06:53 AM
''Thank you for the help.''

While taking Asami hand to pull hersel on the bus.Alice spotted a free bench in the back and went to sit there with Asami.

Kioku
2014-08-26, 12:07 PM
On the rather short trip, Asami sits quietly and does homework while Alice reads.enthusiastically talks with Alice with whatever topic the latter wants to. After the about-10-minute ride, their stop comes up, and Asami leads Alice through several winding back-streets until they arrive in front of a small, out-of-the-way shop. There's nothing in front giving the name of the shop, only a small sign in one window declaring 'open'. "You'll understand why it took getting lost to find this place, I hope?" Asami asks, turning to Alice with an amused look.

Edit: Due to this thread's inactivity for 48+ hours without a courtesy note, I'm going to consider it on-hold...

alchaos
2014-08-29, 07:12 PM
Alice and Asami finally arrived at the right stop.

''So where is this infamous bookstore ?''

Sorry had lots of unexpected stuff happened in RL. I will try to leave a note next time.:smallredface:

Kioku
2014-08-31, 05:09 PM
"It's..." Asami blinks a few times and points at the door next to the open sign of the place they'd just stopped in front of. "It's this one..." She goes to the door and pushes it open, revealing a counter and shelves of books beyond.

Another link just hit necessary post count and will probably keep going on for a while, but that means the slot is free to continue here.

alchaos
2014-08-31, 06:16 PM
Alice skipped inside almost bullrushing Asami.

''Got this one, read this one, do you have the hardcover edition of this one ?''

She seemed like a kid at the candy store.

Kioku
2014-08-31, 06:45 PM
Asami eeps and stretches, flattening her body against one side of the doorway while angling her arm up so that Alice can barely pass under her elbow while still holding the door open. "Ahh... I guess that means this was the right type of place to go then." She more tenderly steps inside to look around, making very sure to keep from being trampled.

alchaos
2014-09-01, 06:14 AM
Alice had already started to pile enough book on the counter,that quite frankly did not look possible to transport by 2 person.Even the store owner seemed kinda taken aback by the sheer quantity.

Kioku
2014-09-01, 10:37 AM
Well, at least she seems happy. And lively. But how will we... Asami edges her way over to the counter to stare at the stack from another angle. "Wow... ahh, you don't happen to have a delivery service of some sort, do you? Perhaps someone who could help us move these, for such an..." She glances over to see Alice still going through the store like she plans to buy the entire thing. "Enthusiastic and possibly repeat customer?" The owner slowly nods, looking dumbfounded.

alchaos
2014-09-01, 10:56 AM
''That's it for the classic. Where is your comic section ?''

If no one tried to stop he, Alice seemed ready to buy half the store.She had a strange,almost manic gleam in her eye.

''Asami you're not getting anything ?''

Kioku
2014-09-01, 11:09 AM
"I... usually just borrow from the library. I just thought you might like it here." And I can't exactly *not* take note of a place like this.

The store owner doesn't look any less dazed as he gestures to an employee to sort out the transport situation. "We're too small to have one, but there's a manga shop a couple streets away that we have a trade-in partnership with..."

alchaos
2014-09-02, 07:38 AM
''Many thanks.So Asami let's go see that comic shop.Right here's the money for the books.''

Alice took out her wallet,she paid with a platinum credit card and gave him the adress for the delivery.

The comic book shop was two street down and looked a little delabred.

Kioku
2014-09-02, 01:47 PM
"Ah... sure." Asami blinks a few times, still not quite over the change that Alice has gone through, and half follows, half wanders in the other's wake.

alchaos
2014-09-02, 04:35 PM
''Thank you for the invitation,it has been a while since my last book trip,most people freak out when they come with me.I wonder why ?''

Alice had a strange gleam in her eye and seemed bursting with energy.

Kioku
2014-09-02, 04:39 PM
She is a little intense about this, but... Asami seems to relax a little and smiles. "It's no problem. I'm glad you're enjoying it!"

alchaos
2014-09-02, 07:09 PM
They arrived in front of the comic shop.Alice started checking a few manga and comic.She only bought three comic here.The latest of Legendary,Witch Hunter and Dreamland.

''So you like any comic in particular?''

Kioku
2014-09-02, 07:29 PM
"I wouldn't really know... the library doesn't have much of that and it's always checked out, plus what little time I have to spend on reading is usually reserved for schoolwork. I used to get audiobooks to listen to on my runs, before they started being so high-impact." Asami shuffles her feet a little, looking disappointed in herself. "I wouldn't really know where to start anyway... maybe I'll try to find some in a couple of months, when most of my schoolwork is finished. Ahh... what do you think is good?"

alchaos
2014-09-03, 09:50 AM
Alice seemed to ponder the question for a while.

''I mostly like fantasy,but i know a lot of genre.What style would you like ? Fantasy,Science fiction, Thriller, Investigation.''

Kioku
2014-09-03, 01:10 PM
"Mm... I suppose I should try a little of everything, once the opportunity presents itself." Asami steps out of the store once Alice's purchases here are made and giggles at a thought. "Hey, want to see if we can make it to the dorm in time to see everyone's reactions to your delivery? I bet we could make it if we hurry!"

alchaos
2014-09-03, 06:09 PM
Alice seemed embarassed all of a sudden.

''Ri-i-ight that's a lot of bo-o-oks.I wonder if it would fit in the dorm ? I can run a little ,but i don't think i'm going to be fast enough.''

Kioku
2014-09-03, 06:16 PM
"Ahhh? Of course they'll fit! We have more room than that counter did, after all, and they all fit there!" Asami takes Alice's free arm and flashes a bright smile. "It's not very far at all, and I know shortcuts from running through this area before! I bet we can make it just walking if we don't worry about sticking to the street."

alchaos
2014-09-04, 01:26 PM
Alice followed Asami while walking, but even the she did not have a very fast walking speed.

''Slow down,i can't walk that fast.''

Kioku
2014-09-04, 02:29 PM
Asami drops her pace to match Alice's. "Sorry. Well, even if we don't make it there first, there's always the aftermath. I'm still taking you through the shortcuts though, it'll be like an adventure! While we're on the way, why don't you tell me about... hey, do you write too?"

alchaos
2014-09-04, 05:05 PM
''Not really, i used to draw tought, until....''

Alice seemed to close off,her face darkening a little.Then she was all smile.

''Let's talk about something else.So what are your hobbies Asami ?I think you know mine by now.''

She said with a smirk on her lip.

Kioku
2014-09-04, 10:01 PM
"Eh? I do? If you say so... I guess there's what you already know from what I mentioned back during the shopping trip with everyone, I sew. That's more of a necessity than a hobby though, just like food preparation. I don't say cooking because most of what I can do doesn't qualify. Hmm... I run every morning, which is how I found this shortcut like I mentioned, although some mornings I practice other physical arts." Asami looks over to see how her companion is taking all of this. "I suppose that counts as a hobby... I don't feel like I have much time for things I want to do in general though. By the end of the month when I've finished working ahead on math though, that should change since I'm doing each month's non-math work during the first week of said month. Spikes of busy followed by plenty of time, assuming I don't get swarmed by classmates again." She nods, figuring that's enough summary for now.

alchaos
2014-09-05, 07:04 AM
''I could help you with schoolwork,if you need help.I tend to forget doing my own. So what do you think of our dormates ? ''

She seemed interested and her curiousity seemed strong once awakened.

Kioku
2014-09-05, 07:37 AM
Asami waves off the offer with a smile. "The only thing that gives me trouble is the computer classes, and I'm already getting help with that. Miyuki and Tsubaki are wonderful, I've really felt welcome here because of them. Lenora let me annex her extra storage space to sleep, so she can't be too bad. I haven't really had much contact with Kyoko or Briana, but I'll try to remedy that some time. I've barely got an impression of Levi, and I've only heard of the mysterious Dorian that supposedly lives with us. Callum seems nice enough, and Soga certainly comes off as well meaning. I haven't had much contact with the instructors. How about you, what do you think? You share a room with the girls that I don't really know, after all."

alchaos
2014-09-05, 10:40 AM
''So you don't know me ?I know we just started talking buts thats kind of insulting. ''

Alice started very serious and then she burst out laughing.

''You should have seen your face.We're rooming together remember.''

Kioku
2014-09-06, 08:24 PM
"You did say "our" dorm mates, I think that leaves us both off the list." Asami laughs along with Alice. "Wait, rooming together? What do you... oh! You mean that first couple of nights I had to spend waiting for Lenora to move her things! No, that was temporary, I'm all set up in the other room now. I'll still come by to visit though! Maybe borrow that bed again a couple days a week or something. Hey, I think I can see the dorm from here, the delivery is just barely arriving. I didn't expect them to use a wheelbarrow..."

alchaos
2014-09-07, 08:05 PM
''That was a little too much.... But there we're so many rare edition.Booh.Well,what's done is done.Can you help me put them away ?''

Alice started taking the book and carring them upstair in her dorm and putting them in what could only be called nicely ''ordered chaos''.

Kioku
2014-09-07, 08:09 PM
Asami picks up a stack to help out. "Naturally. I'm sure you'll get through them all though, in time. Speaking of time, we should do this again!"

alchaos
2014-09-08, 09:19 AM
''Let's go at a store you'll like next time.I think i have enough books for awhile.''

Alice said with a wry smile on her lip while finishing putting the last books in her room.

Kioku
2014-09-08, 06:06 PM
Asami laughs and leans against a wall. "I more meant the walking and general hanging out, but sure. Oh, a few of us usually have lunch together these days, you could join some time too if you like!" She starts making her way out of the room, but looks back with a smile from the doorway. "Good luck picking which book to start first. I should finish up next month's assignments."

alchaos
2014-09-09, 12:00 PM
''Need some help ? I'm done with mine.''

Alice picked up a book and laid down on her bed to start reading if the response was negative.

Kioku
2014-09-09, 07:04 PM
"I'll be fine, it's almost all just history reading and putting answers that are already figured out to paper." Asami gives a little wave and a "ja ne," leaving the room.