PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A WOW! i just realised that iaijitsu focus is not trained only

sideswipe
2014-08-22, 01:52 AM
i always thought it was trained only. and i was just posting in another thread and realised this when reading the skill.

am i wrong? was it trained only during a 3.5 update? or have a few of my characters been missing out on a few d6 bonus damage on the odd occasion??

Yael
2014-08-22, 01:59 AM
I think it wasn't updated to 3.5, so yeah, don't know what I'm replying here...

sideswipe
2014-08-22, 02:00 AM
I think it wasn't updated to 3.5, so yeah, don't know what I'm replying here...

that helps.... i always assumed it was trained only....

toapat
2014-08-22, 02:04 AM
i always thought it was trained only. and i was just posting in another thread and realised this when reading the skill.

am i wrong? was it trained only during a 3.5 update? or have a few of my characters been missing out on a few d6 bonus damage on the odd occasion??

considering what it is it should be trained only, but thats an error with OA then, because my 3.0 PHB has trained only for things like Innuendo

sideswipe
2014-08-22, 02:13 AM
more searching comes up with

no its untrained as anyone can get a lucky/precise strike, but most houserule it as trained only.

Yael
2014-08-22, 02:24 AM
more searching comes up with

no its untrained as anyone can get a lucky/precise strike, but most houserule it as trained only.

Again, most DMs would houserule it to be trained only (unless you're playing an asian-themed campaign where anyone can be a ninja), but if it is untrained, holy crayons, my charisma-based changeling rogue might get lucky tonight :)

sideswipe
2014-08-22, 02:25 AM
Again, most DMs would houserule it to be trained only (unless you're playing an asian-themed campaign where anyone can be a ninja), but if it is untrained, holy crayons, my charisma-based changeling rogue might get lucky tonight :)

glad i could help :smallsmile:

Doc_Maynot
2014-08-22, 07:59 AM
I just want to mention, that OA was updated with no changes to the Iajutsu Focus skill.
This was showcased in the April 2004 edition of Dragon Magazine and a complete list of Errata can be found on the Wizards of the Coast Website under 3rd Edition Updates (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20040125a).

Segev
2014-08-22, 08:25 AM
And now paladins with quick-draw can do even more damage in the opening round.