PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Greed (In Session)

Tormsskull
2007-03-07, 09:53 AM
Current Time: Day 5/Phase 3 Ends @ 11:00 AM EST Monday Morning: General RP.

Game Rules:

Objective of the game: End up with the most money & stay alive.

Sequence of turns: The game is tracked in rounds. Each round is 72 hours long. Should a rebellion be declared (see below) an additional 24 hours will be added onto that round.

Ok, here's the idea: (for every instance of King, remember it might be Queen)

There's 1 King randomly selected from the player pool. The King gets between 100 and 200 gold each turn (this number is generated randomly) that he has to pay the dukes/duchess' with. The dukes/duchess' in turn pay their nobles.

Each duke/duchess & each noble is given a secret power rating that measures how much power that player commands (it is a number between 1 and 10). ONLY the King knows this number!!! The King automatically gets a power level of 10.

If a duke/duchess is unhappy with how much money he is receiving from the King, he can discuss it with the King and try to renegotiate or he can choose to rebel. Nobles unhappy with how much money they are receiving from their duke/duchess can also choose to rebel.

What happens during a rebellion:

Rebellions will be handeled in levels. If a duke/duchess declares a rebellion, it will be a rebellion against the king/queen. If a noble declares a rebellion it will be against the duke/duchess that is paying them.

Regardless or who declares a rebellion, anyone can pick a side and throw their support to that side. Once the battle lines have been drawn, the participants on both sides have their power levels totaled to see who is victorius.

If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by whoever the former duke of that spot wishes to be there. If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

If a rebellion versus the king fails, the king gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the king in the rebellion. The person whom they eliminate is out of the game and all of their gold is added to the king's. If the king eliminates a duke/duchess, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the king to fill that spot.

If a rebellion versus a duke/duchess fails, the duke/duchess gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the duke/duchess in the rebellion. The person selected is eliminated from the game and their gold is added to the victorius duke/duchess'. If this results in a vacant duke/duchess spot, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the victorious duke/duchess.

Keep in mind, gold can swap at anytime. If a noble wants to convince another noble to rebel, he can offer gold to do so. All exchanges of gold must be PMed to me. Any gold exchange that isn't addressed to both myself & the recipient is not valid (we have to make sure that the final numbers all add up correctly).

Overall this is a simple game that has a lot of facets to it. The strategy for the King is to keep as much of the money generated as possible, without angering too many nobles. The nobles strategy is to gather as much money as possible & form alliances with one another incase they want to rebel.

The game ends when there are no declared rebellions for 3 rounds in a row. At that point, whoever has the most gold is declared the winner.

Rule Changes!!!:

Rule Changes!!

I had everything set up and then I realised something. Under current rules the king/queen would be sending a PM to every player each round. That means 20 or so PMs for whoever ended up being king/queen each round, and I didn't think that was fair.

So, I'm going to subdivide the ranks. There will be the king/queen at top, then 5 dukes/duchess', then 19 nobles. The king will disburse gold to the dukes/duchess', who will in turn disburse gold to the nobles. Each duke/duchess will have 4 (3 in one case) nobles whom they are responsible for paying.

Rebellions will be handeled in levels. If a duke/duchess declares a rebellion, it will be a rebellion against the king/queen. If a noble declares a rebellion it will be against the duke/duchess that is paying them.

Regardless or who declares a rebellion, anyone can pick a side and throw their support to that side. If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by whoever the former duke/duchess chooses. If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

I hope this all makes sense, and if not, please ask questions. Other than the above changes everything else stays the same.

Time: When I PM the king/queen with the amount of gold generated for the round, the king/queen will have 24 hours to disburse the gold to the dukes/duchess'. The dukes/duchess' will have 24 hours to disburse gold to their nobles. The next 24 hours will be free for general dicussion/role-playing/rebellions/whatever. Then the next day will start, more gold will be given to the king/queen, and the process starts all over. If anyone fails to disburse gold, it will be assumed they kept all of the gold for themself (and dukes/nobles are free to respond accordingly :P)

Please remember that you MUST cc me on any gold disbursements so I can update the excel spreadsheet.

Also, a note on role-playing. Just like in Werewolf games, role-playing will be for fun only. I will probably write up some stories & possibly some rumors and such just to have fun with, but it has NO bearing on what is actually happening in the game.

Example of Play

John is the King. Bob(3), Dave(7), Jane(10), and Doreen(5) are nobles. The number next to their name is their Power Level (remember: Only the John knows this number).

Round 1: It is randomly determined that 135 gold was generated this round. John receives a PM from me that he has 135 gold at his disposal. John decides to pay Bob 10 gold, Dave 30 gold, Jane 15 gold, Dorren 20 gold, and keeps 60 gold for himself.

Bob is not happy with his 10 gold, he sends a PM to John and demands at least 30 gold. John says no.

Bob sends a PM to Jane and asks her if she wants to rebel. She tells him that if he starts the rebellion she will join in.

Bob declares a rebellion.

John sends a PM to Jane and offers her 10 gold right now, and an additional 20 gold if she joins John's side in the rebellion.

Jane refuses & sides with the rebellion.

Doreen sides with John.

Jane PMs Dave and offers 10 gold if he joins Jane's side of the rebellion.

Dave PMs John and tells him that Jane & Bob are offering to make Dave the King if he joins them and kills off John. John offers Dave 50 gold if he will stay with John. Dave accepts the 50 gold.

Dave sides with John.

We add up all of the power levels on both sides and see that John's side wins. John chooses to eliminate Jane & takes all of her money for himself.

Round 2: It is randomly determined that 180 gold was generated this round. John receives a PM from me that he has 180 gold at his disposal. John decides to pay Bob 0 gold, Dave 50 gold, Doreen 40 gold, and keeps 90 gold for himself.

Dave PMs Doreen & offers her 50 gold if she will start a rebellion. She accepts the 50 gold.

Doreen declares rebellion.

Bob sides with Doreen.

Dave PMs John and demands 100 gold or he will rebel. John agrees.

Dave sides with John.

etc, etc.

Roster/Roles:
Queen DarkLightDragon
Queen Castaras
--Duke Raistlin1040
----Noble bingobob
----Noble Gezina
----Noble Exachix
--Duke Jontom Xire
----Noble Zar Peter
----Noble Selrahc
----Noble Captain van der Decken
----Noble Shadow
--Duke evnafets
----Noble Alarra
----Noble Meynolds
----Noble DarkCorax
----Noble DeathCow
--Duke Kyrian
----Noble inky13112
----Noble heretic
----Noble Beta
----Noble Calamity
--Duke Death
----Noble Malmagor Andrigal
----Noble Lucky
----Noble thewamp

Each duke/duchess pays the nobles directly below them. Example: Castaras pays bingobob, Gezina, Exachix, & Raistlin1040.

bingo_bob
2007-03-07, 10:26 AM
Sure, I'll join.

Castaras
2007-03-07, 10:37 AM
Sign me up please.

InaVegt
2007-03-07, 11:32 AM
Looks interesting

Jontom Xire
2007-03-07, 11:35 AM
Tormsskull, you are genuinely insane. I say that in the highest praise kinda way. This is sheer evil genius. I am so going to die early. Anyway, sign me up for sure.

I assume no-one knows how much the king gets or each other get?

Tormsskull
2007-03-07, 11:42 AM
Looks interesting

I have a bad habit of missing people when they register, so I just want to clarify, would you like me to add you to the roster?

Tormsskull, you are genuinely insane. I say that in the highest praise kinda way. This is sheer evil genius. I am so going to die early. Anyway, sign me up for sure.

hehe. Thanks.

I assume no-one knows how much the king gets or each other get?

Exactly :smallsmile:.

InaVegt
2007-03-07, 11:44 AM
I have a bad habit of missing people when they register, so I just want to clarify, would you like me to add you to the roster?

Yes, I would like that.

Exachix
2007-03-07, 11:54 AM
Looks interesting and complicated. Sure, I'll join!

Jontom Xire
2007-03-07, 12:19 PM
One question. If you become king do you gain a power level of 10?

I have such a cool plan for if I was king :)

Raistlin1040
2007-03-07, 12:26 PM
Cool. Count me in.

Tormsskull
2007-03-07, 12:27 PM
One question. If you become king do you gain a power level of 10?

Yes. If the king gets dethroned, the noble who inherits the throne has their power level changed from whatever it was to 10.

I have such a cool plan for if I was king :)

Yeah, I can think of a lot of possible strategies, but that's what makes the game fun :)

Zar Peter
2007-03-07, 12:30 PM
Remindes me of a cool game I once played: Junta!

And pleas sign me up, I hope I can get Internet while I'm on holidays in three weeks :)

Selrahc
2007-03-07, 01:53 PM
This game looks awesome. In.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-07, 01:59 PM
Nice. I'll play.

evnafets
2007-03-07, 02:25 PM
Ooooh. More intrigue, backstabbing and general chaos.
I'll throw my gauntlet into the ring.

Now who wants to lead the rebellion?

Kyrian
2007-03-07, 03:04 PM
NICE!!! I'm in.

Shadow
2007-03-07, 03:10 PM
Remindes me of a cool game I once played: Junta!
My thoughts exactly!
And since Junta was on of my favorite games (we still play once in a while), Count Me In!

[edit] Let it be noted that the more people that join, the more likely some people actually get nothing in any particular round.
The more nobles there are to divide between, the less everyone will get.

As the number of players grow, it becomes increasingly difficult to please the masses.

I pity the person first chosen as King/Queen!

(@v: Where do you think I learned to be so devious?)

Zar Peter
2007-03-07, 03:12 PM
^ You're tactics reminded me of Junta, too :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-03-07, 04:11 PM
Okay, okay...I'm in.

Meynolds
2007-03-07, 04:20 PM
I'll play.

DarkCorax
2007-03-07, 04:35 PM
If there is still room *Joins*

Shadow
2007-03-07, 05:24 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, Junta could easily be modified to message board format.
It would be a cross between what Tormsskull has proposed here and Ready, Aim, Fire.
Only quite a bit more complex.

Tormsskull, if you'd like I could modify the rules to fit this forum and help you run it for the next one.
Let me know.

If you're not interested, maybe I'll do it for myself???

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-07, 05:44 PM
Sounds cool... I want in!

Deathcow
2007-03-07, 08:08 PM
Every game needs some cannon fodder, right? Count me in!

inky13112
2007-03-07, 09:28 PM
Sweet, I'm totally in.

heretic
2007-03-07, 11:34 PM
Against my better judgement, I'm in.

Tormsskull
2007-03-09, 11:47 AM
We're up to 19 players so far. Anyone else interested?

Beta
2007-03-09, 04:05 PM
yeah, me too!

But by the way, wouldn't it be more fair if the power ratings of th enobles were reset after each rebelion, or de-throning? Cause I think that otherwise someone with a poor powerrating will always be stuck on the losing side, that can't be fun.

Calamity
2007-03-09, 04:47 PM
Let me play! Let me play! :smallbiggrin:

Madmal
2007-03-09, 04:51 PM
I'll toss my hat in, this looks like fun.

Lucky
2007-03-09, 04:57 PM
Aw heck, I guess I'll give it a go.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-03-09, 09:02 PM
Ok, I've been trying to cut down, yet with revolutions their is always Death.

thewamp
2007-03-10, 02:40 AM
If it's still recruiting, I'm interested

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 06:14 AM
Rule Changes!!

I had everything set up and then I realised something. Under current rules the king/queen would be sending a PM to every player each round. That means 20 or so PMs for whoever ended up being king/queen each round, and I didn't think that was fair.

So, I'm going to subdivide the ranks. There will be the king/queen at top, then 5 dukes/duchess', then 19 nobles. The king will disburse gold to the dukes/duchess', who will in turn disburse gold to the nobles. Each duke/duchess will have 4 (3 in one case) nobles whom they are responsible for paying.

Regardless or who declares a rebellion, anyone can pick a side and throw their support to that side. If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by the noble with the highest power ranking to whom they used to pay. If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

I hope this all makes sense, and if not, please ask questions. Other than the above changes everything else stays the same.

Ok, all the roles are going to be posted to the first page momentarily (and this rules change will be added too).

Time: When I PM the king/queen with the amount of gold generated for the round, the king/queen will have 24 hours to disburse the gold to the dukes/duchess'. The dukes/duchess' will have 24 hours to disburse gold to their nobles. The next 24 hours will be free for general dicussion/role-playing/rebellions/whatever. Then the next day will start, more gold will be given to the king/queen, and the process starts all over. If the king/queen or a duke/duchess does not disburse gold in the 24 hour period, they will keep it all for themself (and the dukes/duchess & nobles should respond accordingly).

Please remember that you MUST cc me on any gold disbursements so I can update the excel spreadsheet.

Also, a note on role-playing. Just like in Werewolf games, role-playing will be for fun only. I will probably write up some stories & possibly some rumors and such just to have fun with, but it has NO bearing on what is actually happening in the game.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 07:02 AM
Regardless or who declares a rebellion, anyone can pick a side and throw their support to that side. If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by the noble with the highest power ranking to whom they used to pay.

Umm, that kinda gives away who the highest powered noble is. Also it would be more logical to have the duke/duchess who gets promoted to king/queen decide who the new duke/duchess is.

Lastly I would suggest something like that everyone has a random number rolled for them. The king either gets 10 (or whatever) added to this or replacing this. If the latter might want to make it higher. Dukes and duchesses then get 5 points (or however much) added to their base rating. Whenever a noble is promoted, they get 5 points added to their power.

I also had other ideas about rebellions. For example that people can only be in one rebellion at a time. Hence if the nobles rebel against their duke, the duke cannot then be involved either way in a rebellion against the king. You could then make the game even more Machiavellian by making it so that nobles of a duke automatically follow their Duke's lead (unless they rebel against their duke) and only nobles of a duke or other dukes can be involved in a rebellion against that duke.

At the moment, it is a good plan for a duke to get his nobles killed off - he gets to keep more money for himself. If we change it so that nobles automatically follow a duke's lead, it makes it important for a duke to keep nobles as they increase his power. A duke with no nobles is worth less in a rebellion against a king than one with lots. However a duke with unruly nobles is worth even less since they may well rebel against him at a critical moment.

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 07:19 AM
Umm, that kinda gives away who the highest powered noble is. Also it would be more logical to have the duke/duchess who gets promoted to king/queen decide who the new duke/duchess is.

How so? I highly doubt that there will be an occurence where a rebellion is declared and it is 1 person versus 1 other person. As such, the total power ranks of those participating would be difficult to determine. As for the duke/duchess selecting their replacement if they take the throne, I had considered that but then I didn't do it. I think I was just trying to be consistent but I think it probably works better your way (more strategy involved) so I'll change it.

Lastly I would suggest something like that everyone has a random number rolled for them. The king either gets 10 (or whatever) added to this or replacing this. If the latter might want to make it higher. Dukes and duchesses then get 5 points (or however much) added to their base rating. Whenever a noble is promoted, they get 5 points added to their power.

The king/queen is a static 10. The dukes/duchess' have their power rank randomly determined but on a higher scale than the nobles. The max is still 10 for anyone though. If a noble moves up to duke/duchess they will move onto the larger scale and their rank will most likely increase.

I also had other ideas about rebellions. For example that people can only be in one rebellion at a time. Hence if the nobles rebel against their duke, the duke cannot then be involved either way in a rebellion against the king. You could then make the game even more Machiavellian by making it so that nobles of a duke automatically follow their Duke's lead (unless they rebel against their duke) and only nobles of a duke or other dukes can be involved in a rebellion against that duke.

I think that could cause too many problems with timing. If a duke declares a rebellion versus the king/queen, and then the duke's nobles declare rebellion against him, what happens? I think we'll stick with the simple approach for right now, but for future versions having the nobles have to follow their dukes might be an interesting way to go.

At the moment, it is a good plan for a duke to get his nobles killed off - he gets to keep more money for himself. If we change it so that nobles automatically follow a duke's lead, it makes it important for a duke to keep nobles as they increase his power. A duke with no nobles is worth less in a rebellion against a king than one with lots. However a duke with unruly nobles is worth even less since they may well rebel against him at a critical moment.

A duke cannot kill of his nobles unless they rebel. So if the duke tricked them into rebelling so he could then kill him off, it may seem to be an advantage to him. But remember if a duke has no nobles to pay the king/queen could then pay that duke far less assuming he has no powerbase with which to threaten the king/queen.

We'll see how it plays out this time and then make modifications for the next version assuming everyone likes it enough to want to play again next round.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 07:55 AM
If the rebellion fails, the King or duke/duchess gets to eliminate 1 noble from the rebelling faction. This player is eliminated from the game, and their gold is added to the King's.

Umm, I think this paragraph (on page one in the rules spoiler) got a bit confused. Do you mean that only nobles can be eliminated? If a duke rebels against the king can't the king get him eliminated if he loses?

If the rebellion is against the duke or duchess, shouldn't they get the gold?

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 07:57 AM
Umm, I think this paragraph (on page one in the rules spoiler) got a bit confused. Do you mean that only nobles can be eliminated? If a duke rebels against the king can't the king get him eliminated if he loses?

If the rebellion is against the duke or duchess, shouldn't they get the gold?

Oh, thanks for finding that. I'll update/clarify it now.

Edit: Hopefully this makes more sense:

If a rebellion versus the king fails, the king gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the king in the rebellion. The person whom they eliminate is out of the game and all of their gold is added to the king's. If the king eliminates a duke/duchess, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the king to fill that spot.

If a rebellion versus a duke/duchess fails, the duke/duchess gets to eliminate 1 duke/duchess or 1 noble who sided against the duke/duchess in the rebellion. The person selected is eliminated from the game and their gold is added to the victorius duke/duchess'. If this results in a vacant duke/duchess spot, a new duke/duchess will be selected by the victorious duke/duchess.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 09:22 AM
Yup.

One other question. Shouldn't a duke know the power rating of his/her nobles. How else does he know how much to pay each of them?

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 09:27 AM
Yup.

One other question. Shouldn't a duke know the power rating of his/her nobles. How else does he know how much to pay each of them?

One of the other dukes/duchess' asked the same question in a PM, and I think I'm going to retcon my answer to that person and give the power levels for each duke/duchess' nobles. So they will get the power levels but only for the nobles directly under them.

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 09:29 AM
So... who is the King? Who are the Dukes?

Tormsskull
2007-03-12, 09:36 AM
So... who is the King? Who are the Dukes?

From the first post:
Roster/Roles:
Queen DarkLightDragon
--Duchess Castaras
----Noble bingobob
----Noble Gezina
----Noble Exachix
----Noble Raistlin1040
--Duke Jontom Xire
----Noble Zar Peter
----Noble Selrahc
----Noble Captain van der Decken
----Noble Shadow
--Duke evnafets
----Noble Alarra
----Noble Meynolds
----Noble DarkCorax
----Noble DeathCow
--Duke Kyrian
----Noble inky13112
----Noble heretic
----Noble Beta
----Noble Calamity
--Duke Death
----Noble Malmagor Andrigal
----Noble Lucky
----Noble thewamp

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 09:38 AM
Ah okay, I was just checking he latest posts, so I missed it.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 09:47 AM
So... who is the King? Who are the Dukes? *cough*firstpost*cough*

Jontom Xire
2007-03-12, 10:27 AM
All hail the mighty queen Dark Light Dragon!!

((suck up , suck up, gimme loads of cash, suck up))

Selrahc
2007-03-12, 10:35 AM
Yes, give him lots of cash.

Castaras
2007-03-12, 10:53 AM
Darklightdragon, that blue collar is so you! It is so pretty! I wish I had one like that![/flattery]

InaVegt
2007-03-12, 10:55 AM
Mylady Castaras, I never had the chance to comment you on your brilliant choice of outfits.[/flattery]

Castaras
2007-03-12, 11:12 AM
Flattery will get you nowhere, Noble Gezina.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-12, 11:18 AM
:amused:
Ya know, I'm kind of glad I wasn't made a duke.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-12, 05:40 PM
((Urge to make WW5 references... rising!))

Castaras
2007-03-12, 05:41 PM
* Bows *

Your highness, I am always your loyal servant. :smallamused:

heretic
2007-03-12, 07:46 PM
For the King! And Kyrian too...Until ANYONE rebels...heh heh heh...

Meynolds
2007-03-12, 07:47 PM
*Makes a note to betray everyone possible at some point or another*

Just joking!

*Starts Chant*

God Save the Queen!

Deathcow
2007-03-12, 09:07 PM
*Makes a note to betray everyone possible at some point or another*

Just joking!

*Starts Chant*

God Save the Queen!

No, you fool! It's "God bless the King! God help the Queen Mother! God save the Whales!" [/obscureliteraryreferences]

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-13, 12:07 AM
*DLD gives a questioning look at Deathcow*

Are you trying to say something, minion noble?

Jontom Xire
2007-03-13, 05:10 AM
It would be nice if there were some sort of group victory determination. I much prefer building a nice team and playing within that. Otherwise you end up either having to play solo or having to betray your team members/friends at the end.

I dunno - I guess I'm just too nice/friendly to be that good at these sorts of games.

Shadow
2007-03-13, 12:54 PM
"Wow. Taxes must have been raised this year without my noticing it earlier. I have barely enough to feed my livestock, let alone my family and the common folk of the kingdom."

Zar Peter
2007-03-13, 12:59 PM
I have three hungry children at home and barely enough to eat for them. We are starving to death if theres no one who helps us!

InaVegt
2007-03-13, 01:17 PM
Gezina starts to sing a song, hoping it might become the anthem.

Who's Greedlandish blood in the veins flows.
Who his heart beats true and free.
Who for's people glows of love.
Raise the song as we:
He is with all, a helping hand.
The unbreakable bond
Which Greedland en Dragon bind.
Queen and Fatherland.
Queen and Fatherland.

Protect, o God! Protect the ground
On which our breath goes.
The place on which our crib stood
Perhaps our dying hour is.
We beg of our fatherhand
With our children's appetite
Protection for the lovely Fatherland.
For country and Queen.
For country and Queen.

Come loudly, from our partyspirit
The dead the heaven in:
Stay with our draconic queen
The people one family
Queen and dukes love our songs
And it sounds on ev'ry corner:
Save the royal power now
And the lovely Fatherland
And the lovely Fatherland

((Adapted of ‘Wien Neerlands bloed’ by Hendrik Tollens))

Deathcow
2007-03-13, 03:06 PM
*DLD gives a questioning look at Deathcow*

Are you trying to say something, minion noble?

It's a reference to a play I was just in. Never mind.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-13, 05:53 PM
((I didn't mind. I just wanted to post something and it was a decent excuse.))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 07:15 AM
Well, my fellow dukes and nobles (and Queen). I have paid my nobles and am now free to discuss any business, trade, or politics. Just contact me.

((This was mostly just a bump post. Come on people, liven it up!))

inky13112
2007-03-14, 09:32 AM
Kyrian has stripped us of our wealth, imposed horrible taxes and tariffs, and refused to give us enough money to properly fill our coffers. For these reasons, the House of Inky is ready to fight you for a better tommorrow.

Prepare for war.

Zar Peter
2007-03-14, 09:40 AM
Duke Jontom must be as bad as your Duke Kyrian. My children are starving and no one seems to be interested. The taxes increased heavily, the tower of the queen shines in pure gold but the people are dieing. What's going on here?
I hope our beloved Queen will help!

Kyrian
2007-03-14, 09:47 AM
I hope she will Zar, I hope she will. I fear that I wasn't given enough to both pay my loyal nobles, and keep some small price for my own family as well.

EDIT: To heretic, Beta, and Calamity: it seems that inky wishes war against me. I promise to the first two that stand by my side in our dark hour, half of what gold the Queen presents me in the next shipment. That's right, next shipment I will be dividing all the gold between the first two that stand by my side.

inky13112
2007-03-14, 10:01 AM
I'm afraid my former Duke, that the money we received was simply not enough to continue our relationships as is, no matter how much you received from The good Queen Dark Light Dragon. Perhaps with your removal the money that we do receive will be enough to go around. If you truly loved your people then you could simply resign your position to expedite an increase of money for the common noble. And though your offer of a bribe is likely tempting for my fellow nobles, it is but a short term solution. Were I in place of you, they would gain more money in the long run.

Tormsskull
2007-03-14, 10:25 AM
((inky, are you declaring rebellion? I should have said in the rules, when you declare a rebellion please put it in red and state who you are declaring rebellion against just so it is 100% clear. For example:

Bob declares rebellion against Joe.

Thanks
))

Kyrian
2007-03-14, 10:27 AM
Inky, I'm calling you out on that. Were you in place of me, this same problem would happen. Look at how many people are here in this kingdom around us. The Queen has to give money away to each of us Dukes or Duchesses, and in turn, we have to give our money away to you nobles. In the end, it's either give all your money away and starve, or hope that your nobles can last until the next time we receive money (Which by the way, when the hell is that?) and redistribute as evenly as possible. As you are proving, greed is already taking your heart, as you are already demanding more and more of my money. I tried to distribute the funds I was given equally among you four, but apparently, all you care about is more. Greed has already corrupted you, and while you say now that in the long run, you would give more money, you obviously can't wait the long run yourself, for that was my first plan.

inky13112
2007-03-14, 10:27 AM
Yes I am. Done. And I'm siding with me in case I need to mention that.

InaVegt
2007-03-14, 10:30 AM
A band of knights and about 50 common soldiers come towards the strife between Inky and Kyrian, they are wearing read clothes and their banners spring an eagle.

In the name of mylady van den Vechte tot den Amstelse we are here to lend a hand to her fellow noble, Inky!

Gezina sides with Inky

Castaras
2007-03-14, 10:47 AM
Duchess Castaras watches the war begin to build up. She looks upon her fellow duke, before turning to Inky and Gezina.

Castaras then decides to watch, and wait.

Calamity
2007-03-14, 10:51 AM
I can't afford anything! Every time a see what looks like a coin on the floor I think it is 50% of my money that I have now, Kyrain, I belive you are being very greedy!

Calamity sides with Inky

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 10:57 AM
((Quick rules check - can we have more than one rebellion in a turn, and can we fight in more than one in a turn?))

Jontom decides to sit on the fence and watch. He's too poor to be able to pay any soldiers to go to war. All those arrows cost a lot of money!

Zar Peter
2007-03-14, 10:58 AM
((Added Question: How long last this turn?))

Tormsskull
2007-03-14, 11:00 AM
(Which by the way, when the hell is that?)

((Gold gets distributed to the queen every gameday which usually equals 3 real days. Each realy day is part of a phase.

Phase 1: Queen gets gold, distributes it to dukes/duchess'
Phase 2: Dukes/duchess' distrbute gold to nobles
Phase 3: General discussion/RP/whatever

Now, if a rebellion is declared (as it has been) Phase 3 is lengthened by 1 real day to allow for people to pick sides and such. So right now Phase 3 is scheduled to end on Friday @ 9 AM (would have been Thursday but the rebellion extended it by 24 hours).

Castaras
2007-03-14, 11:03 AM
Castaras looks in her pockets, emptying them, revealing a half eaten dog biscuit, a small rock, a nail, and a very muddy gold piece. She sighs and watches the fighting build up.

Tormsskull
2007-03-14, 11:14 AM
((Quick rules check - can we have more than one rebellion in a turn, and can we fight in more than one in a turn?))

Yes & Yes. This maybe change in future installments if we determine that it is better to limit a persons rebellions, but for the current version there can be any number of rebellions & each player can side anyway they want on each rebellion.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 11:26 AM
Wow - that's going to cause some bloodshed :)

Castaras
2007-03-14, 11:28 AM
(( Bloodshed... * Rubs hands together greedily * ))

Shadow
2007-03-14, 11:29 AM
I can't afford anything! Every time a see what looks like a coin on the floor I think it is 50% of my money that I have now, Kyrain, I belive you are being very greedy!
From what Calamity has stated it would appear that we are to assume that each of the Nobles under Kyrian has recieved 2gp.
With four of them that would come to 8 (10 overall if Kyrian only kept an equal share).

From what little intel my spy network has gathered, it seems that most of the other Dukes recieved twice that much. Not all, but most.

Even if our beloved Queen had recieved the bare minimum, this would leave her with an almost equal share as the other Dukes, before distributing.
So who is lying about what they've recieved?
Or is the Queen keeping quite a bit in her own coffers?

Exachix
2007-03-14, 11:43 AM
Exachix watches and hmms, thinking.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-14, 11:44 AM
Quick rules question:

If a duke/duchess' rebellion is successful, the king/queen is eliminated from the game, and the instigating duke/duchess becomes the new king/queen. The spot that is vacated by that duke/duchess will be filled by whoever the former duke of that spot wishes to be there. If a noble's rebellion is successful, the duke/duchess is eliminated from the game and the instigating noble becomes the new duke/duchess.

Does the person taking the losing person's place get the loser's gold too? Or does it just evaporate?

Shouldn't it be the King/Queen's job to select a new duke/duchess, and does it have to be from one of the old one's nobles?

Castaras
2007-03-14, 11:46 AM
From what Calamity has stated it would appear that we are to assume that each of the Nobles under Kyrian has recieved 2gp.
With four of them that would come to 8 (10 overall if Kyrian only kept an equal share).

From what little intel my spy network has gathered, it seems that most of the other Dukes recieved twice that much. Not all, but most.

Even if our beloved Queen had recieved the bare minimum, this would leave her with an almost equal share as the other Dukes, before distributing.
So who is lying about what they've recieved?
Or is the Queen keeping quite a bit in her own coffers?

If Kyrian got only 10 gold, then I feel sorry for him. I myself got very little, which I had to spread out among my nobles. Until I hear more from the other dukes and duchesses, I can't be certain what has happened, but I think the Queen is keeping an awful lot for her coffers.

Kyrian
2007-03-14, 11:47 AM
I too feel that she is keeping quite a lot for herself.

Tormsskull
2007-03-14, 11:54 AM
Quick rules question:
Does the person taking the losing person's place get the loser's gold too? Or does it just evaporate?

Yes. If Noble Bob rebels against Duke Joe and wins, then Noble Bob gets all of Duke Joe's gold & Duke Joe is eliminated from the game.

Shouldn't it be the King/Queen's job to select a new duke/duchess, and does it have to be from one of the old one's nobles?

Nope. If a duke is eliminated by another duke, then the victorious duke gets to put someone in that position. They can choose any noble they want to take the position, it does not have to be from their personal nobles (but whoever they select must agree to take the position).

Raistlin1040
2007-03-14, 03:18 PM
Anyone can join the rebellion against Kyrian right?
Raistlin sides with Inky

Tormsskull
2007-03-14, 03:46 PM
Anyone can join the rebellion against Kyrian right?

Yes. (and other stuff to meet the minimum word count)

heretic
2007-03-14, 05:03 PM
The gold I received was a pittance! I demand an adequate stipend!

heretic sides with Inky.

Castaras
2007-03-14, 05:05 PM
This war seems to be getting very one-sided.

She turns to the rebellious nobles.

Think carefully on what you're doing. How do you know it's his fault you get very little?

Raistlin1040
2007-03-14, 05:21 PM
Raistlin shrugs
I'm just a fan of fights.

Beta
2007-03-15, 02:52 AM
I'm sorry everyone, but I do not seem to have the time or the energy to actively participate in this awesome game. Sorry guys.(and girls)

So see this as my 2 weeks notice, except that it'll be effective immediately.
Good luck to the rest of you!

Shadow
2007-03-15, 02:55 AM
Dibs on Beta's gold!!!

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 05:35 AM
It's all gone very quiet.

Castaras
2007-03-15, 10:08 AM
After much discussion with people about the distribution of gold, I am going to Rebel Against Darklightdragon for her holding back of money. She has given me very little coinage, not enough for me to pay my nobles as much as I would have liked to, so that I may be more secure in my appointmentship of this role.

Kyrian
2007-03-15, 12:36 PM
Well, seems that inky got both Calamity and heretic to side with him. So I guess I might as well come out and say this then. Calamity and heretic, I'm sorry you both got shortchanged, but inky's already proven that he wants more. I gave you both 2 gold, while inky received 5, and yet he complains. I value both your opinions, and again apologize that you both were shortchanged, but if Inky were to overthrow me and take my place, it would only get worse. He's already shown that he is greedy and demands more gold from me, while he'd already gotten the most from me. If he were to take my place, he would only give you both less and less as he keeps more for himself.

InaVegt
2007-03-15, 01:53 PM
Another band of warriors and knights is dispatched, again with the red and the raven.

Mylady Gezina wishes to make it known she supports her duchess without requiring anything from her.

Gezina joins Castaras' side

Exachix
2007-03-15, 02:04 PM
Noble Exachix smiles.

"I will also assist my Duchess. For Glory!"

Exachix joins Castaras.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-15, 02:18 PM
I feel short changed. Unless DLD got the minimum she's hanging on to more than any of us.

Jontom joins Castaras in the rebellion against the Queen

Selrahc
2007-03-15, 02:36 PM
*Sends the third flying hippo brigade to join the rebellion*

Fly my pretties! Mwahahahahaha!

*Joins the rebellion against DLD*

Calamity
2007-03-15, 04:24 PM
It appears that maybe Kyrain is not as greedy as we think, and our Queen is the problem

*Calamity changes his mind and sides with Kyrain against inky's rebellion*
*Calamity joins the rebellion against DLD*

Castaras
2007-03-15, 04:26 PM
Castaras joins Kyrian against Inky's rebellion

Raistlin1040
2007-03-15, 04:48 PM
Raistlin joins the rebellion against DLD.

Kyrian
2007-03-15, 04:48 PM
Kyrian joins Castaras in the rebellion against DLD.

2007-03-15, 05:18 PM
*Death dons his war helmet*

Today I ride to war!

Sorry pestilence and famine, no biological or weapons that affect those innocences. War you can come.

*Death gallops to take the castle and keep of DLD*

Alarra
2007-03-15, 05:23 PM
Alarra considers things for some time before choosing a side.

Alarra joins Castaras in the rebellion against DLD.

inky13112
2007-03-15, 05:28 PM
My fellow noble Calamity, I am shocked that you would give in to The Dukes propaganda and treachery. He has even told you that you were short changed and given less than you should have been, yet you side with him. He is even quite clearly a liar. Apparently you have already forgotten his claim that he "tried to distribute the funds I was given equally among you four" yet that was clearly a lie, for I was given more than the rest of you. In a clear attempt by Kyrian to play favorites, despite his claims of "equality". As a token of my good will I offer you the last of my money, all the rest has been used in the struggle against Kyrian. I ask only that you consider siding with me again for it.

Kyrian
2007-03-15, 05:32 PM
Inky, do me a favor. Take a sock. Now shove it down your throat. You continue to rant and rave about how I didn't give you enough, and yes, I'm sorry I had to short change my other three, but why is it you ignore and don't address the truth that is you have already succumbed to your greed, and lie by saying you'd do better than I would?

Calamity
2007-03-15, 05:34 PM
Inky, I cannot believe either of you, as you have both shown that you aren't trustworthy, I don't think that overthrowing Kyrain so that you can take over his position will make things any better. I'm sorry, but the short change issue seems to point at DLD at the moment.

And to be honest, I'm more trusting of Kyrain than you at the moment Inky.

Lucky
2007-03-15, 05:35 PM
Inky, that's just sad. As far as I've heard, you got 5 gold today. I got 4, and am more than satisfied. You have to keep in mind what the queen gave out today. She could easily have held out on him, like she did on Death.

That said, let's go kill the queen.

Lucky sides with Castaras

inky13112
2007-03-15, 05:37 PM
I have not seen how I am not trustworthy, I was unaware I recieved more gold than you, and I have now attempted to remedy that, my coffers hold not a single gold. Nevertheless if that is your decision, then I beseech you to at the very least side with no one. If you cant trust either of us, then side with neither.

And lucky, I was unaware how much most people received, or that I had gained an above average amount. It seemed to me that I was being shortchanged, and therefore I rebelled. In retrospect I wish I hadn't, but it is as according to the rules, too late for me to be content.There is no way for me to unrebel.

@V Then with that I die. I will maintain I would have been a good Duke, but that clearly won't be an issue.

@ Shadow :smallconfused:wha?? my nobles? I'm not a duke shadow, and I had no idea that I had gotten more gold than the rest of you. Apparently I somehow went from the rebellious noble, to a greedy duke, without actually getting any benefits being a duke would entail :smallyuk:

evnafets
2007-03-15, 05:40 PM
Is it possible to undeclare a rebellion?

Anyway, as a fellow Duke, I sympathise with Kyrian's situation.
Also I think the Queen's dragonish love of lucre is not good for the land as a whole.

evnafets sides with Kyrian against Inky
evnafets sides with Castaras against Queen DarkLightDragon

Shadow
2007-03-15, 05:48 PM
Shadow keeps his damn mouth shut for the time being while he watches what happens.

"ahhh, what the hell...."

"Take DLD down. I'll side with Castaras."

"Screw you, Inky13112, you greedy *******. I'll side with Kyrian for the time being" But I'd suggest that, in the next round (if you make it) you're a little more aware of the fact that your nobles do actually speak to each other!

inky13112
2007-03-15, 06:38 PM
"Screw you, Inky13112, you greedy *******. I'll side with Kyrian for the time being" But I'd suggest that, in the next round (if you make it) you're a little more aware of the fact that your nobles do actually speak to each other!

What are you talking about? it seems to me like youve somehow gotten it into your head that I am the duke. I'm not! I don't have any nobles to be aware of! And apparently I didn't speak to enough people outside the Kyrian group, because apparently I was one of the most well paid people. I didn't know OK! its not greed its simple ignorance!

Also any reason why you trust Kyrian more than me Calamity? This is mostly just curiosity.

thewamp
2007-03-15, 06:41 PM
Trumpets blow and war is announced.

Thewamp sides with Castaras against DarkLightDragon

Shadow
2007-03-15, 06:49 PM
*snip*it seems to me like youve somehow gotten it into your head that I am the duke. I'm not! I don't have any nobles to be aware of! *snip*
That last part was directed at Kyrian, not you inky.

2007-03-16, 04:17 AM
*Death sees the poor Queen all alone*

Sigh, patriotic pride is a bad thing I guess.

*Death sides with DLD

He joins Kryain in his side of his rebellion as well*

Zar Peter
2007-03-16, 04:33 AM
I have the urgent feeling, the queen left us all alone, for this I will take my soldiers and * join Castaras rebellion against DLD *

InaVegt
2007-03-16, 04:46 AM
Suddenly the warriors of house van der Vechte betray the legions of Castaras

Gezine changes side to DLD

inky13112
2007-03-16, 09:47 AM
I already made the mistake of one rebellion, I shall not then bring myself into another.

I side with the good Queen Dark Light Dragon

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-16, 09:57 AM
I am grateful for your aid, Noble Inky. Now I shall return the favour.

*DLD sides with Inky13112 in his rebellion*

Kyrian
2007-03-16, 09:59 AM
I see how it is DLD, you go to play both me and inky against each other, not that it'd take much. Allow me to ask you something, that PM you sent me, saying you'd help me with my rebellion if I helped you with yours, how would you honor that lie, if I were to side with you now?

Castaras
2007-03-16, 11:10 AM
And I guess that DLD has just sent out pms to others with promises of gold, hmm? And then she'll shortchange us again, leading to more rebellions. Duke Kyrian has a point there.

Tormsskull
2007-03-16, 11:50 AM
[The breakdown of who sided with who]

Noble inky13112 has declared a rebellion against Duke Kyrian.

Kyrian
Calamity
evnafets
Castaras
Shadow
Death

inky13112
Gezina
Raistlin1040
heretic
DLD

Duchess Castaras has declared a rebellion against Queen DarkLightDragon.

DarkLightDragon
Gezina
inky13112
Death

Castaras
Exachix
Jontom Xire
Selrahc
Calamity
Raistlin1040
Kyrian
Alarra
Lucky
evnafets
Shadow
thewamp

((Note: The descriptive text is ONLY that, descriptive text. If one noble or duke or whatever looks to be super powerful based on my flavorful descriptions understand that it has nothing to do with their actual power levels.))

Lord inky13112 gathers his forces and those forces of Lady Gezina, Lord Raistlin1040, Lord Calamity, and Lord heretic and marches upon the lands of Duke Kyrian. A shout goes up among the troops.

"What do we want?"
"More gold!"
"When do we want it?"
"Right now!"

The gathered rebel forces charge into the forces of Duke Kyrian, looking to be on their way to victory. Just as the rebel forces are about to break through one of the main gates of Castle de Kyrian, the forces of Lord Calamity turn sides and begin slaughtering inky13112's soldiers.

As the rebel forces adjust to fight on two fronts, the glint of silver can be seen as the elite forces of Duke evnafets arrive. They begin to turn the tide against the rebels. When Duchess Castaras' and Lord Shadow's fores join the fray, the rebels have no hope.

With only twenty soldiers remaining, the forces of Duke Death appear, ensuring the victory.

((Kyrian defeats inky13112. Kyrian, you may eliminate inky13112, Gezina, Raistlin1040, or heretic from the game.))

As the forces charged, Queen DarkLightDragon sat atop her castle perch in dismay. She had tried to be fair, she had tried diplomacy, she had tried many things, yet there was still a massive army on the move to her doorstep. There was no other choice, war was to be had.

As the troops neared and gained formations she shouted out, her voice booming loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You dare defy your queen? After I have been so good to you. You look to me as the cause of strife when you realize not that it is caused by your own dukes & duchess'. If blood must be shed today, then so shall it be!"

With that she lept off of the perch, swooping in towards the rebel army. As she passed over head, the Royal Cavarly let out a battle cry.

"For Queen DarkLightDragon!"

The Royal Cavalry surged forward as DarkLightDragon decimated the ranks of rebels with her breath weapon, occasionally gripping up handful of soldiers and horses in her claws and breaking their bones with a simple squeeze. It looked as if perhaps victory could be possible, but then she saw it. The reinforcements.

Duke Kyrian, Lady Alarra, Lord Lucky, Duke evnafets, Lord Shadow, and Lord thewamp had sent legions of soldiers of their own. Coupled with the forces of Lord Exachix, Duke Jontom Xire, Lord Selrahc, Lord Calamity, and Lord Raistlin1040 that were already there, there was no hope.

In the end, Queen DarkLightDragon stood alone defiantly, surrounded by thousands of soldiers. Her body was covered in numerous wounds, her wings had been oblitered and hung looselessly at her side. Duchess Castaras stepped forward, eyeing the majestic beast.

"If only you hadn't been so greedy, this war would never have happened. From now on the lands will ruled in peace and justice."

A draconic grin appeared on the queen's face. "You humans are all alike, full of greed and contempt for your fellows. You truly think this lot behind you will stand strong in the coming days? If you ascend the throne you'll be joining me in death very shortly." Her raspy laugh sent tendrils of fear through those around.

Duchess Castaras shook her head sadly. She then nodded towards her General, who gave the order to fire. Over 400 crossbow bolts penetrated DarkLightDragon at that moment, and the majestic beast fell silent, gracefully.

One soldier walked towards Duchess Castaras. "My lady." With that he kneeled down and presented the dragon's crown.

((Duchess Castaras defeats Queen DarkLightDragon. Castaras you get to pick the new King/Queen (PM me with your choice)))

Duchess Castaras takes the crown from the soldier, turns to face all of her supporters, and places it atop her head. The soldier stands up and bellows out:

"Long live Queen Castaras!"

With that the newly crowned Queen Castaras walked towards Lord Exachix. "Lord Exachix, for your help and loyalty to me in this war I'd like you to become Duke Exachix and oversee my former lands. Will you accept this position?"

Castaras
2007-03-16, 11:55 AM
(( YAY! :smallbiggrin: ))

Calamity
2007-03-16, 12:00 PM
((Awesome writing Tormsskull))

All hail Queen Castaras!

Castaras
2007-03-16, 12:02 PM
Queen Castaras smiles and turns to those who supported her.

I thank you for all of your support. I swear here and now that I will do my utmost to treat you all equally, no matter what happens. I swear this before the gods and goddesses who shine down upon us. May death strike me down if I fail you all.

Selrahc
2007-03-16, 12:02 PM
May her bounties always be generous, and her pockets always be full.

V Totally.:smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-03-16, 12:04 PM
*coughbrownnosecough*

Exachix
2007-03-16, 12:11 PM
Exachix hmms and shakes his head.

"No, I do not wish to be a duke. Please choose someone else."

Castaras
2007-03-16, 12:31 PM
Queen Castaras inclines her head at Exachix's request.

A modest noble is always nice to hear. I will offer the position to someone else.

inky13112
2007-03-16, 12:49 PM
I think odds are high that I will be the one chosen for death by Kyrian...

Just curious why weren't the forces of Dark Light Dragon included in that description? You did count her power in your calculations right?

Tormsskull
2007-03-16, 02:15 PM

Just curious why weren't the forces of Dark Light Dragon included in that description? You did count her power in your calculations right?

Just an oversite on my part. I think I left her out of the initial description and I was planning on having her troops show up but to no avail. But rest assured, her power level was definitely included in the calculations.

2007-03-16, 07:24 PM
I guess you can't stop progress.

*Death looks at DLD's body*

I really don't envy the first king or queen.

*Death bows to the new queen*

InaVegt
2007-03-16, 07:25 PM
The queen is dead.

All hail the queen!

Kyrian
2007-03-16, 09:17 PM

How right you are...inky13112, I sentence you to death for the attempted mutiny against your duke.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-16, 11:51 PM
((Heh. At I managed to get a few people over.))

Tormsskull
2007-03-17, 01:48 AM
OK now that I'm dead, I can say this without having my head chopped off for being greedy and trying to get someone else killed.

You CAN say that, but being that you're dead and all you shouldn't. Maybe heretic's master plan is to get a bunch of people to incite rebellions and thus kill off important people while he sits back. But maybe its not. Either way, post-mortum advice or confessions are not cool.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 02:09 AM
Queen Castaras turns to Raistlin1040.

Would you like to take my previously owned lands, Raistlin?

Tormsskull
2007-03-17, 10:16 AM
((The next day will start when we get a duke/duchess in the vacant spot))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:17 AM
Raistlin thinks hard
My queen, I would go to the nine hells themself and back before I'd deny you such a request. I accept.

Castaras
2007-03-17, 10:26 AM
Then, Duke Raistlin, may you rule well over your lands.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-17, 10:28 AM
I hope I rule as fairly as you did, my queen.

heretic
2007-03-17, 12:55 PM
"I have seen the flaw in my ways. Inky rebelled, despite receiving more than twice what I was given. His anger was fuelled by greed, not justice. I shall remain loyal from now on." Duke heretic bows toward the Queen and to Kyrian.

inky13112
2007-03-17, 10:25 PM
Bull crap, I didn't even realize I had more than anyone else. :smallmad: [/tired of being called greedy]

Jontom Xire
2007-03-18, 11:51 AM
Umm, the game is CALLED ultimate greed!

Castaras
2007-03-18, 04:55 PM
Queen Castaras looks over her lands from her castle, watching the people down below, thinking.

evnafets
2007-03-20, 04:50 PM
Duke evnafets returns from warring against werewolves in a far-away land, and realises that he better distribute some money to his nobles, before they start a revolt.

heretic
2007-03-20, 05:25 PM
^^
:smallbiggrin:

Lord heretic nods thoughtfully. "I am certainly pleased with my bounty this time around. Long live Queen Castaras! Hail Duke Kyrian!"

Calamity
2007-03-20, 05:28 PM
Yes, things certainly are better now. Thank you Queen Castaras, thank you Duke Kyrain!

Castaras
2007-03-20, 05:30 PM
Queen Castaras smiles and turns to her happy citizens.

It is a pleasure, my friends.

evnafets
2007-03-20, 07:55 PM
What about the unhappy citizens. Do we have any of them this round?
Are you not going to smile at them as well?

inky13112
2007-03-21, 12:08 AM
:smallyuk: everyones happy now! At least I made thing interesting! Hmm. My ghost rebels against ghostly queen Dark Light Dragon

Tormsskull
2007-03-21, 01:10 PM
(FYI: Each 'day' which consists of 3 phases that each last 1 real day is going to be considered a year for RPing reasons just because)

And its a new day BtW.

Rumors:

-Numerous farmers swear they heard sounds of flapping wings near the Great Battlefield.

-Lord inky13112 isn't really dead. He sent a look-a-like in his place to face the executioner's axe and even now plans his revenge against Duke Kyrian.

-Queen Castaras was spotted incognitio several times around the country, stopping at different cities and observing the conditions.

-Duke Death was almost assassinated, but he survived thanks to his uncanny reflexes.

Shadow
2007-03-21, 03:12 PM
(Could you please keep us updated as to which phase we're in?)

Tormsskull
2007-03-21, 03:43 PM
(Could you please keep us updated as to which phase we're in?)

Yeah, if you like I can post at each phase change rather than just updating the first page.

Castaras
2007-03-21, 03:45 PM
Queen Castaras smiles, watching her servants take the money for this year to each of the Dukes. She considers throwing a ball, and sends messengers to bring each of the dukes and their nobles to the January ball. She leans back on her throne, happy with how the kingdom is running. She chuckles at some of the rumours.

Shadow
2007-03-21, 03:48 PM
Yeah, if you like I can post at each phase change rather than just updating the first page.
Ahhh! I hadn't noticed that you'd been dooing that until you just pointed it out. I just thought that it was taking a really long time for the second day's gold to get dispersed by the Dukes.....

inky13112
2007-03-21, 07:25 PM
-Lord inky13112 isn't really dead. He sent a look-a-like in his place to face the executioner's axe and even now plans his revenge against Duke Kyrian.

I propose that next game we can do that <.< >.>
Watch your back Kyrian, you never know which rumors are true...:smallamused:

heretic
2007-03-21, 07:32 PM
Oooh, I have an idea for that...

Kyrian
2007-03-21, 07:38 PM
*stabs inky. stabs him dead* Nope, it's true.

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-22, 02:10 AM
I propose that next game we can do that [/color]<.< >.>

That might be interesting, actually. Add random 'events' when you see fit.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-22, 03:52 AM
So did we have a whole round without any rebellions? I think the rebellion phase went by kinda quickly! I haven't even had replies to all my diplomatic mail yet!

=========================================
EDIT:

I and some othes have been doing estimates of how much gold the ruler has been getting each round.

Round1: 120 (my estimate based on what I know and what I guess each duke/queen had)
Round2: 130 + whatever Castaras kept.
Round3: 125 + whatever Castaras kept.

Now assuming everyone did what I did, we can guess in round 2 that those with 4 nobles ended up with 5 each and change. Those with three nobles ended up with 6 each and more change. Pretty much the same this round. So if Castaras only kept 5 gold for herself (which is pretty much what we all got) then that means that EVERY ROUND SO FAR HAS SEEN LESS THAN THE MEDIAN AMOUNT BEING GIVEN TO THE RULER.

The odds of that are 1 in 8. If anyone wants to use these numbers to do more exact analysis feel free.

However my suspicion is that the queen is dividing up the gold equally between herself and her dukes. Which would be fair except that:

A) Some of us have more nobles than the others.
B) The dukes have to divide their gold with their nobles, so end up with far less than the queen.

Tormsskull
2007-03-22, 06:11 AM
So did we have a whole round without any rebellions? I think the rebellin phase went by kinda quickly! I haven't even had replies to all my diplomatic mail yet!

We certaintly did. It could be just that people were not aware, but I'll start posting at phase changes (as close to the timeline as I can). Keep in mind that if for some reason I forget to post the timeline STILL updates as scheduled.

DarkLightDragon
2007-03-22, 06:15 AM
:smallyuk: everyones happy now! At least I made thing interesting! Hmm. My ghost rebels against ghostly queen Dark Light Dragon ((I would've been happy with living just one round, but noooooooo...

:smallmad:))

Jontom Xire
2007-03-22, 07:19 AM
((I would've been happy with living just one round, but noooooooo...

:smallmad:))

Should have been more generous :)

Tormsskull
2007-03-22, 03:45 PM
Current Time: Day 3/Phase 2 Ends @ 11:30 AM Friday Morning: Awaiting dukes/duchess' gold disbursements to the nobles.

Ok, so I'm a little late updating today :(. Also, FYI, after tomorrow the planning/RPing stage is going to last until Monday because I will be out of town visiting some of the playgrounders IRL.

Kyrian
2007-03-22, 07:42 PM
No one visits me....hmph...

inky13112
2007-03-22, 08:24 PM
I'll visit you... with a knife! :smallwink:

I wonder how much DLD actually did keep for herself?

And for those complaining, like I said, at least I made it interesting :smallbiggrin:

@V yeah I supposse your probably right

heretic
2007-03-22, 08:45 PM
Only Castaras knows that, I think.

Jontom Xire
2007-03-23, 03:15 AM
Actually it is probable that DLD spent most if not all of the gold she kept to herself to buy allies. And also perhaps so that Castaras wouldn't get it.

Castaras
2007-03-26, 08:46 AM
Queen Castaras smiles and looks over her subjects. The celebration of her first year in secure, peaceful rulership would be underway in a few days, and she was sincerely looking forward to meeting her dukes, duchesses, and nobles again. Maybe she could find out some more news, and perhaps even find out the basis of some of the rumours that have been going round.

Tormsskull
2007-03-27, 11:41 AM
Current Time: Day 4/Phase 1 Ends @ 11:30 AM Wednesday Morning: Awaiting Queen Castaras' disbursement of gold to dukes/duchess'.

Rumors:

-Queen Castaras has sold off a large chunk of land on the far-west side of the country, keeping the revenue for her personal coffers.

-Queen Castaras has adopted 20 children who lost their home when their orphanage went up in flames. The cost of housing/feeding/caring for the children has been funded from her own personal coffers.

-A vile necromancer was arrested in the capital today. He was thought to be trying to animate some of the soldiers that had perished in the Great War of two years ago. He claimed that Lord heretic paid him to provide an undead army.

-Duke evnafets ordered the deaths of 8 young women today. Each were suspected of being servants of his at one time or another. They were not allowed to speak against the charges, as the duke stated that what they might say could be a threat to duchinal security.

Two game days have passed with no rebellions. If a third day passes with no rebellions then whoever has the most gold at the end of Phase 3 will be declared the winner.

evnafets
2007-03-27, 03:16 PM
Looks like state sponsored propaganda to me.

heretic
2007-03-27, 05:00 PM
Me too...

:smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2007-03-27, 05:37 PM
The lack of rumours about me shows the ruthless efficiency of my secret police force. :xykon:

heretic
2007-03-27, 05:42 PM
Whereas my shambling dead are not so covert...

Tormsskull
2007-03-28, 11:03 AM
Current Time: Day 4/Phase 2 Ends @ 11:30 AM EST Thursday Morning: Awaiting dukes/duchess' disbursement of gold to the nobles.

Castaras
2007-03-28, 11:09 AM
Queen Castaras smiles, watching the messengers make their way out towards the dukes and duchesses. She leans back in her throne, listening idly to some of the rumours flying about.

Tormsskull
2007-03-29, 02:05 PM
Current Time: Day 4/Phase 3 Ends @ 11:30 AM EST Friday Morning: RPing, discussion, plotting, etc.

InaVegt
2007-03-29, 02:11 PM
I rebel against Raistlin

He gave me no single penny, my people are starving!

Castaras
2007-03-29, 02:12 PM
(( Yay! A rebellion! At last! ))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-29, 04:56 PM
I was busy! Trying to rearrange the empire times. But rebel if you will!

Exachix
2007-03-29, 04:59 PM
Exachix joins Gezina in rebellion against Raistlin1040

"Freind! I side with the good Duchess here! No money means my subjects are not pleased!"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-29, 05:03 PM
Exanchix and Bingobob, tormsskull has recieved a PM detailing your money for the year. Sorry it was late.

Bingobob-6gold
Exanchix-7gold
Me-7gold.

Castaras
2007-03-29, 05:05 PM
And you give none to the poor Gezina? Maybe I wasn't right to promote you to duke...

Castaras sides with Gezina.

heretic
2007-03-29, 05:05 PM
"I will wait and hear each side's excuse before throwing my lot in hastily."

Raistlin1040
2007-03-29, 05:09 PM
I didn't give her any because she rebelled! I was planning on a 4-way 5 gold split, but then she jumped the shark. So I decided to give the money to my loyal followers. I still trust exachix and Bingobob.

Lucky
2007-03-29, 09:30 PM
She rebelled because she rightfully thought you gave her nothing. To appease it you have given her her rightful share.

Lucky sides with Gezina

Exachix
2007-03-30, 11:21 AM
((note: I'll be going for about a week tomorrow... please don't kill or auto-lynch me))

Calamity
2007-03-30, 11:24 AM
I didn't give her any because she rebelled! I was planning on a 4-way 5 gold split, but then she jumped the shark. So I decided to give the money to my loyal followers. I still trust exachix and Bingobob.

She wasn't the only Noble of yours that had sided against you, so I think that is hypocritic.

*Calamity sides with Gezina*

Shadow
2007-03-30, 11:26 AM
Shadow keeps his mouth shut for the time being and watches the show with interest.

Selrahc
2007-03-30, 01:41 PM
Buhbye Raistlin. Looks like the forces arrayed against you are too great.

Deathcow
2007-03-30, 03:21 PM
Sides with Gezina against Raistlin

Down with tyrants! Liberty, equality, fraternity!

Captain van der Decken
2007-03-30, 03:27 PM
I side with Gezina.

DarkCorax
2007-03-30, 03:36 PM
I side with Gezina until told otherwise by my Duke...

Raistlin1040
2007-03-30, 04:51 PM
She rebelled because she rightfully thought you gave her nothing. To appease it you have given her her rightful share.

Lucky sides with Gezina
So I should reward rebellion with money? That's not how I work. I saw this thread, read the posts and remembered I forgot to send in my PM. Exachix was only following, not leading which is why I gave him his rightful share of money. Tis a sad day when rebellious fools rebel against a just ruler.

evnafets
2007-03-30, 05:03 PM
I don't like to see any of my fellow dukes under attack.
I think Gezina could have shown a bit more patience, and tried negotiation before rebellion.

evnafets sides with Raistlin1040

heretic
2007-03-30, 05:51 PM
Upon seeing Calamity's decision, I shall side with Gezina unless our mutual ruler, Duke Kyrian instructs me otherwise.

thewamp
2007-03-30, 05:54 PM
I'm remaining neutral.
I'll be gone till next monday

Jontom Xire
2007-04-02, 02:14 AM
I agree with Evnafets.

Jontom sides with Raistlin1040

Kyrian
2007-04-02, 08:09 AM
Hmm...tough choice. On one hand, Gezina did jump the gun a bit with her rebellion....but on the other, Raistlin did retaliate by still giving her no gold. I'm fairly certain that the game god, Tormsskull, might have allowed this rebellion to be forgiven, seeing as how guns were jumped, but I can't be for certain. Heretic, Calamity, this is your call, but I feel that I shall remain neutral at this time.

Tormsskull
2007-04-04, 05:44 AM
I'm fairly certain that the game god, Tormsskull, might have allowed this rebellion to be forgiven, seeing as how guns were jumped, but I can't be for certain.

Nope, I apologize but I am incredibly swamped at work right now. I'll update ASAP with the results of the rebellion & timeline and such.

Captain van der Decken
2007-04-04, 11:56 AM
I agree with Evnafets.

Jontom sides with Raistlin1040

I think I'll follow my Duke here.

I side with Raistlin 1040.

DarkCorax
2007-04-04, 12:29 PM
I will follow my Duke, and change sides to *side with Raistlin 1040*

Selrahc
2007-04-04, 02:22 PM
Ducal loyalty time? I guess I will follow the trend, especially now It doesn't seem so much of a lost cause.

Joins Raistlin

*Gets ready to plow the ground with salt*

Castaras
2007-04-04, 02:24 PM
Queen Castaras withdraws her troops from Gezina, and becomes neutral.

Meynolds
2007-04-04, 02:27 PM
My duke has sided with Raistlin1040, so I too shall Side with Raistlin1040.

Alarra
2007-04-04, 06:51 PM
Oh, right....I trust in my duke completely. If he supports someone, so do I.

sides with raistlin

Tormsskull
2007-04-05, 01:15 PM
((Sorry everyone. I just finished a big project at work so I'm back to updating and all.))

Lady Gezina's forces arrived quickly, having been prepared to rebel when their liege informed them that they had not received any money at all. Almost immediately they found themselves with allies, as reinforcements from Lord Exachix and Queen Castaras arrived. Those troops were further strengthened by the arrival of Lord Lucky, Lord Calamity, and Lord Deathcow.

Victory was virtually guaranteed. As the combined rebel forces marched through the fields of Raistlin Land, squashing the weeds and grass beneath them, they heard the sound of a war horn. The entire legion came to a halt as the officers in front gave commands down the line.

On the horizion, as if just materializing, the glare of rows and rows of silver armor appeared. A flag hung, swinging in the wind. Duke evnafets had arrived.

The contingent of forces from Lord heretic who arrived did little to quell the unease in the hearts of the rebel forces. After the officers consulted one another, they began marching the army again.

One after another, the war horns rang out, and new forces appeared. Duke Jontom Xire's impressive force merged next to Duke evnafets, and they were both shortly after joined by the soldiers of Lord Captain van der Decken, Lord DarkCorax, and Lord Selrahc.

It didn't look possible that the rebels had a chance. It was even worse once the forces of the Queen sized up their opponents and fled from the battlefield.

The flags of Lord Meynolds and Lady Alarra also aided Raistlin's side. The loyal forces under Raistlin's banner didn't move, they simply held their formation, awaiting the rebel's move.

Discent quickly rose up through the ranks of the rebels, fear rampant and spreading like the plague.

"Silence."

As the rebel forces slowly came to a quiet, Lady Gezina stood at the front of them. "We may be outnumbered, but we have righteousness on our side. We are the forces of the common man. We are the soldiers for equality among the nobles and the peasants. We have the duty, nay, the Divine Responsibility, to teach these corrupt Dukes the err of their ways. Now, will you stand with me? Will you fight for me, for the common man, for your children?"

The rebels were energized, they shouted at the top of their lungs, voisting their spears, axes, and swords in the air. Lady Gezina smiled upon her followers, turned, and gave the sound for a charge.

As the rebels approached, the officers of the loyal forces convened. Duke evnafets eyed the other representatives. "These rebels have heart, courage, but little brains. Destroy them. Give them the glorious death in battle that they desperately seek."

The rebel army smashed into the loyalists, Lady Gezina at the front, dodging out of the way of attacks and dishing out attacks of her own. The sound of iron on iron rang out among the field, coupled with blood curdling death cries from the soldiers. As the battle neared its conclusion, Lady Gezina stood, her back against a heap of corpses.

"I fight for the right for peasants to eat! I fight for the rights of the common-"

Her speech was cut short as a massive mace connected with the left side of her body, sending her to the ground, barely aware. As her eyes fluttered, she saw standing before her Duke Jontom Xire, mace in hand, and eyes of rage staring down upon her. His mace lifted into the air, ready to deliver the death blow.

"Wait, my Duke."

Duke Jontom Xire lowered his weapon, and turned to look at the man addressing him. Lord Selrahc held his hand out in a calming gesture.

"The field is ours, Duke Raistlin's retainers are making their way here now. Duke Raistlin must decide her fate."

((Raistlin & allies defeat Gezina and allies. Raistlin you must pick one person to kill off and let me know by Friday night.

Since this game has been stalled for a while, I'm going to make the first day back 2 real days to give everyone a chance to get back into the swing of things. I'll send the money to Castaras now but she'll have until Saturday @ 11:00 AM EST to distribute it to her dukes/duchess'.))

Current Time: Day 5/Phase 1 Ends @ 11:00 AM EST Saturday Morning: Awaiting Queen Castaras' disbursement of gold to the dukes/duchess'.

Castaras
2007-04-05, 01:21 PM
(( I think Raistlin is out of town for the next few days. He might not be able to send a message for a while.

And for your information I'll give out the gold after Raistlin has told us what happens to Gezina and allies. ))

Raistlin1040
2007-04-07, 06:47 PM
I face a tough decision today. I thank the loyal men and women who assisted in the great victory of today. Many people helped and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. As for the rebellion, I am truly sorry that Gezina was forced to rebel to just to make ends meet. That goes for Exanchix as well. That is why neither of them will be killed this day. No, the one who will be killed today is one who had suffered no injustice, crossed no perils, or needed to fight. The one who deserves death here is one person who fanned the flames and deluded my loyal nobles. I choose to kill Lucky!

Lucky
2007-04-08, 12:12 AM
(Well, freakin' wonderful, you try to move the game on and make sure it doesn't end early by supporting a rebellion, and you end up getting killed. Good luck having anymore rebellions if you keep supporting the other side.)

Exachix
2007-04-08, 02:33 AM
((It's a risk to take part in any rebellion. But sometimes risks are fun.))

Tormsskull
2007-04-11, 10:22 AM
Current Time: Day 5/Phase 2 Ends @ 11:00 AM EST Friday Morning: Awaiting the dukes/duchess' disbursement of gold to the nobles.

First post updated. I had to stall the game by request. I really want to try to stick to the timeline from now on so the game is stable.

Shadow
2007-04-11, 01:49 PM
I think that I'll need a big bribe to join in a rebellion.... :smallwink:

Tormsskull
2007-04-13, 11:53 AM
Current Time: Day 5/Phase 3 Ends @ 11:00 AM EST Monday Morning: General RP.

Castaras
2007-04-13, 11:55 AM
Queen Castaras looks over the kingdoms of her subjects, thinking. It was very quiet. Only one rebellion under her rule. Pretty good.

Exachix
2007-04-16, 02:41 AM
Noble Exachix has a lie-in.

Why not?

Jontom Xire
2007-04-16, 08:59 AM
Wow.

This day is going to end soon.

I have no idea what has been going on. I think I gave gold to my nobles, but maybe that was the day before.

Come on and wake up everybody!

I have a feeling I'm losing badly. Probably for being too fair and generous.

Tormsskull
2007-04-16, 01:02 PM
Current Time: Day 6/Phase 1 Ends @ 11:00 AM EST Tuesday Morning: Awaiting Queen Castaras' disbursement of gold to the dukes/duchess'.

Exachix
2007-04-22, 03:34 PM
Noble Exachix wakes and looks around, wondering when phase 1 will end.

Exachix
2007-04-29, 03:50 AM
(( Bump? ))

Castaras
2007-04-29, 03:54 AM
Just to check Tormsskull - I did send money to everyone didn't I? I was certain I did...

evnafets
2007-04-29, 04:41 AM
Yes you did my Queen.
Or at least I'm fairly certain I received some correspondence about it.
What with werewolves and dungeon exploring going on around the kingdom, things seem to have fallen by the wayside a little.

Castaras
2007-04-29, 04:52 AM
I believe so. It's a pity really, for this kingdom to go into disrepair...But if the almighty god has other problems or can't help us any longer then there's nothing we can do.

Exachix
2007-05-05, 06:09 AM
((Bump))

Noble Exachix is in suspended animation.

Kyrian
2007-05-05, 09:42 AM
((Note: sorry, I'm currently packing up to go back home from my dorm. School year is over, and my connection is going to be iffy the next couple of days, so if Castaras sends money out again, Tormsskull, please divide it evenly among my two nobles.))

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-30, 02:06 AM
Is there any chance this type of game will be revived? It looked interesting when I missed the signup for this one.

Castaras
2007-08-30, 02:08 AM
It kinda fell into inactivity.

I'll PM Tormsskull, see what he says...