PDA

View Full Version : Druid path and spells

Vash9177
2014-08-22, 11:31 AM
For the druid which circle do you think is stronger? Also what spells do you like for them so far?

EvilAnagram
2014-08-22, 11:53 AM
Circle of the Moon has great tank and damage potential, but Circle of the Land has more caster potential. Neither is really better, just better for the character you have envisioned.

As for spells, I like the ones that involve actually using plants and nature to attack. It's flavorful and fun.

TheOOB
2014-08-22, 02:11 PM
IMO, circle of the land makes you better at doing what you're really good at, which circle of the moon makes you a good fighter in addition to being an amazing caster. Druid is an amazing class either way.

Vash9177
2014-08-22, 03:41 PM
I've only gotten to go through the spell section once and I'm away from my book, any good spells to use before you wild shape to buff, I know natural spell doesn't come until around level 14 but other than barkskin what are good uses for spell slots for the circle of the moon druid?

hymer
2014-08-23, 06:20 AM
[...] other than barkskin what are good uses for spell slots for the circle of the moon druid?

Longstrider at 1st is 1 hour and no concentration. Barkskin is pretty much it for combat at spell level 2. Pass without Trace could be another choice at level 2, as it gives +10 to stealth to the group, could be worth more under the right circumstances. PwoT is concentration up to 1 hour like Barkskin. Freedom of Movement at 4th doesn't require concentration, while Protection from Energy at 3rd does. I haven't looked into higher level spells.
And of course, as a bonus action, Moon Druids can expend a spell slot to heal themselves. Or you can start in normal form, cast your entangle or what-have-you, and then shift to wild shape as a bonus action, as that's also a Moon Druid thing.