PDA

View Full Version : Amiria's Random Morrowind Thread

Amiria
2007-03-07, 10:37 AM
Ok, my problem has been solved. I solved it myself.

I turn this thead into an random Morrowind appreciation thread.

But I'll keep the :smalleek:-Ootsie for it. :smalleek: :smallsmile:

Post here on Morrowind or let it die. Problems, mod questions, other stuff, etc.

I have a weird problem with Morrowind, maybe because I messed something up while editing a mod, anyway here it is:

Problem:

It is like my player character shares his position with an invisible male dunmer character. Sometimes, when I use the COC console command, I can see him for a split second when I'm positioned in the new cell.

Now the big problem is, he also shares his health with me (I can hit him with my character if I run quickly backwards and use my weapon => then a sound file plays "Careful with that, friend"; male dunmer voice) and he seem to be easily hit by enemies. I also seem to take double damage from falling because of him

He also interferes with stealth (including with chameleon or invisibility effects) tactics when around hostile creatures. They always see me/him.

This problem is also there when I create new characters.

Thoughts:

Way back I made some edits in a mod with the TES Construction Set and changed some things of the "player" NPC (race, gender, items in his inventory), but I'm sure that I changed it all back when this problem first occured but it didn't help.

I also deselected the mod then, but to no avail.

Questions:

Now what could be the source of this problem ? Is it my mod meddling ?

Is it somehow linked to console commands (I also used "enablestatreviewmenu" and "enableracereviewmenu") ?

Can it be solved with the console ?

DarkCorax
2007-03-07, 04:18 PM
One possible way to fix it is to open the console when you can see him click on him and type "disable". I can't guarantee this will work.

A few questions to see if I can help:
1. what other mods are you using, I know several mods use people as markers for scripts ect...

2. have you ever played a Male Dark elf?

3. What mod was it you changed, or was it one of your own?

4. Have you tried making a new character after uninstalling the mod?

5. I will probably have more later.

Amiria
2007-03-07, 04:50 PM
Edit: I never tried to disable the dunmer. I just tried to find him (used COC a lot and zapped around the world), but he is an elusive fellow. I never saw him now. :smallfrown:

1) Active Mods:

ESMs:
Morrowind (duh)
Bloodmoon
Tribunal
Better Heads Tribunal
Better Heads Bloodmoon
Better Heads
Havish
MetalQueenBoutiqe
BT_Whitewolf_2_0

ESPs:
Passive_Healthy_Wildlife
entertainers
AreaEffectWeapons
bcsounds
master_index
LeFemmArmor
adamantiumarmor
EBQ_Artifact
Tales of the Bitter Coast
Tales of Tel Branora
BloodmoonAmmoFix
Clean jet_Gold_armor
HG_robe01
Clean Kynareth
Claen Arkay
Clean Akatosh
Clean Dibella
Nerevarine Greeting Tweaks
Clean Mara
acs_Hadhafang
BM-Fixes
SauronsAbode252_Tribunal
hg_robe04
acs_SaviorArmor
acsNewEvermore
Divine_domina_part_2
Divine_domina_part_1
Divine_domina_part_3_Tribunal
Ice_RubyKnightsArmor
S-M Bosmer Beauty
Nymeria's Mages'Guild fix
Solstheim_mage_towerV3_0
Nymeria's magicka potions adder
Divine_domina_part_4
MaGISRTraTe's MageGuild Rewards 1.2
Divine_domina_part_5
FBsCompilation
qarls_hot_girls
FBsFacePack2
Qarls_Hot_Girls2
FBsFacePack3
BM_S_Inn
Ice_GownOfAzura
BB Gypsy Outfit
MQB_AndromacheBB
Rhedds Heads
Elegant Shawls Fixed
Clean BB2_Falconer_Leather
PeasantGownsReplacer
PeasantGownsReplacerTRIB
Ice_OblivionMithril
NG_New_Carnithus'_Armamentarium
kalikut-MaleOblivionMithril
Clean Venom_Rose__BBClothing
marcMoriEstate
Clean Sexy_Black_Collar_Dress_v.1a
BB2_Silk_Dresses
UQFsFaces11
Features_of_Vvardenfell_Pack1
SLA_Assassins_Leather
ale_clothing_v1
LOTR Face Pack
Stan Better Bodies Clothing
NV_BB_Imp_female_Armour
Better Bodies
Hot Girls
The Ebony Blade V1.02
Features_of_Vvardenfell_Pack 1.5
Clean Gloves_4_BB2_Silk_Dresses
Clean_EB_DrowPriestressArmor
SSlave_Companions
BT_WWLokpatch1
Xenterra_Keep_v1
Features_of_Vvardenfell_Pack2
Trib_Domehome1
Wafarer's Rest v1.21
BB_Clothiers_of_Vvardenfell_v1.1
Louis_BeautyShop_v1.5
IceBradyHurdyRobeReplacerAll
MQB_AmazonPrincessArmor
Fast Travel
Haldenshore_1.2
ale_clothing_v0
Ice_Wolf_Cuirass_Mod
Ald_Ruhn_TG_Devil_Tanto_Tweak

2) No, not in this installation of Morrowind

3) The changes where made in the "Ald_Ruhn_TG_Devil_Tanto_Tweak". It can be found here: http://home.tiscali.de/jo.ge/mw/

4) Yes, it didn't help.

5) I'll be waiting right here.

blackout
2007-03-07, 05:41 PM
....Your a mod fanatic too!?

Amiria
2007-03-07, 05:52 PM
Better Bodies and Better Heads are really vital for game enjoyment. And the bodies need clothes ...

Maybe I have too many house mods active. I uses only the Mori Mountain Estate in Balmora with its excelelnt library and alchemy lab.

But I need more, more, more ... maybe some more quests.

blackout
2007-03-07, 07:43 PM
I always go with the survival mod. I like realism.

Duraska
2007-03-08, 02:25 AM
I don't know why, but your problem freaks me out. It's like your game is haunted or something.

Although, this is coming from a person who was so freaked out by Raiders of the Lost Ark on Atari, that he used to have pseudo-nightmares about it and avoided ever touching the cartridge if at all possible. There was that part where you had to parachute into the hole on the left side of the screen right under a branch. God. For some reason just remembering that game freaks me out. :eek:

Amiria
2007-03-08, 03:53 AM
Heureka ! After one night of rest I had a sudden suspicion about the source of the problem. I found the culprit !

It was the Fast Travel (http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=4898) mod. Whenever I used it, I heard a thumping sound as if the PC fell from a small height. And I also took damage while levitating (sometimes even fatal) just as a poster also reported in the comments for the mod.

I unistalled it and loaded my savegame. I received metric tons of error messages about not finding "clone PC stuff". Apparently this dunmer clone of my PC was somehow registered in every cell I ever visited.

All is well now. I won't install Fast Travel again. The main advantage of the mod was that it was possible to take companions with you to every uotdoor lacation of Vvardenfell. But since I rarely travel with comapnions I don't really need it, I'll just use COC or COE when I'm in a hurry.

blackout
2007-03-08, 03:58 PM
Oh, I use companions all the time, after cranking the game's difficulty up to max. :)

killer
2007-03-14, 06:51 PM
ive never really played this game i just wanted to see my avatar

Pester
2007-03-21, 11:22 AM
The fast travel mod I always use is Emma's excellent VTA Travel Agency (http://lovkullen.net/Emma/TRAVEL.htm). All of the best companion mods, except for Qarl's Underground, are hosted there, too.

Most of the mods there look like "Cosmetic Mods", as I call the ones that add faces, hair, or clothes, and you might have an easier time with loading and stuff if you only have the face and hair mods you use for your character loaded, instead of all of them.

What's the Clean Mara/Clean Kyraneth etc.. I see up there? Does it just change the Imperial Cult quests where they show up, or does it add whole new temples?

Amiria
2007-03-21, 03:52 PM
Yes, I know VTA Travel Agency. Maybe I'll install it when I want to travel a lot with companions.

The Clean Mara/Kynareth/Arkay etc mods are Jeremy McGuinn's excellent "Knights of Tamriel" (http://jw_mcguinn.rethan-manor.net/page1.htm) armor mods. Most of them add a temple with a small quest (no journal entries) to get the armor.

justinwagley
2007-03-25, 11:30 PM
What Better Heads mod are you using? I can't find one at all through Google or the UESP wiki. I've got Rhedd's Wood elf mods right now but when I got to them this black rectangle always appears and covers the error text. All I can make out of it is, well, an error has occurred. Morrowind then has to close so I'm forced to restart every two minutes. Thanks

DarkCorax
2007-03-26, 02:55 PM
Better Heads (http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2735)

Amiria
2007-03-26, 07:31 PM
Yes, but a different version apparently. I have a WinRar file called Better_Heads_v1. It is 10,4 MB while the one you linked to is 10,7 MB and called better_heads11.

But the Read Me of my version says that it is version 2.0 ...

Oh, just one of the mysteries of life.