PDA

View Full Version : Throes of Darkness's Demise

Lohj
2014-08-22, 03:14 PM
WORLD MAP:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/29usylw.jpg
(If you recognize the map, say nothing)

You have all been chosen as the reprisentatives of your respective countries, from Fire to Water to Light, and finally a meeting point was established. On an island south of the Byzel, inside of a temple on the island of Bucca, where the volcano has been remodeled into the building, pure obsidian being the main material for it's construction. The front exposes the Unity project, 7 tall pillars holding up the overhanging roof, allowing entrance through the middle pillar. Each of the pillars bears the marking's of one of each of the Seven nations:

Gnome for earth, a small trickster, dwarfish in appearance, with a large beard, small green hat, and a jolly grin on his face. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090609153107/mana/images/5/55/Gnome_(Children_of_Mana).png
Undine for water, a mermaid of blue skin and beauty of a terrifying nature.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110703153640/mana/images/f/f9/Undine_Dawn_of_Mana.jpg
Salamando for Fire, a brash looking spirit of flames, wielding a long Trident. http://www.seikens.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/dawn-of-mana/spirits/Salamando.png
Luna for the moon, a serene looking woman within a winged mirror that radiates peace. http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090609173528/mana/images/0/04/Luna_(Children_of_Mana).png
Jinn, for Air, a flighty genie looking spirit who holds his head high with a twinkle in his eye http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120102235857/mana/images/9/98/Jinn_(Heroes_of_Mana).png
For Light, there was Wisp, a pair of innocent eyes contained with a small celestial fire. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090610180227/mana/images/c/ce/Wisp_(Children_of_Mana).png
Finally, Dryad, the spirit of Wood, a woman who cares for the trees so much that she herself became one. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090609171112/mana/images/9/94/Dryad_(Children_of_Mana).png

Walking up the steps leading through these pillars, you find yourselves at a large door, which opens upon your arrival. Following a rather narrow corridor, you finally arrive in the main chamber of the temple, within which, upon 7 pedestals, sit the Counsel-Men of each country. They address you, almost in unison. "You fair warriors and travelers, we have called upon you to investigate the appearance of what may be the resurgence of the nation of Dark. You are tasked with obtaining all relevant information and, if necessary, putting a stop to any and all nonsense contained within said information, whether through sword or pen. Do you understand what is asked of you?"

Final Fantasy
2014-08-24, 11:27 AM
Ultros: Yes, I think I do. It sounds much like one of those quests out of the tales. I don't know why I would be chosen when so many others should be better qualified, but you asked me, and once I accept a task I work at it until it is done.
(because of a certain paranoia regarding his own safety Ultros brings his automaton Mr Typhon wherever he can.)
Mr. Typhon: FUGWWAAH.

Ultros: sigh.(mentally) It seems I still have not managed to fix that issue how embarrassing. Now what will the council think of me? And this the first job I might be able to take without having to worry about earth assassins constantly.

Gunhaven
2014-08-24, 03:41 PM
Quag Quey tumbled off the boat and down the dock in a series of somersaults before ending up face down in the ground. He tasted the ground and spat it out, yelling "Quag Quey no like dirt! Is bland! Needs pepper!" He hopped up onto his feet and swayed, looking at the statues in amazement, before skipping over to each of them and licking each one. He ends on the statue for Wood and frowns, muttering "Island bland. Was better in capitol." He shuffled into the building, dejected, and sniffs the air for anything tasty. He nearly runs into the pillar for his own nation before looking up and frowning even more as he said "Quag Quey have no sword. Quag Quey like grabbing with tongue, tenderizing with fist, cooking with stick."

Lohj
2014-09-06, 06:35 PM
An attendant steps forward from the entrace. "You two must be the only ones to show up. The rest of the nations have not replied to our pleas for them to send a champion forward. Will you two follow me please?" She gestures towards the doorway, her dark robe shifting noisily.

Gunhaven
2014-09-07, 01:10 AM
With a blink of her large eyes, Quag Quey nodded and followed on after with a sniff of the air accompanying each step. After a moment in relative silence she said "Is whole island bland? No kitchen? Only dust?" Just as suddenly she turned to her new compatriot and added "Where you from? Quag Quey from woody marsh!"

Final Fantasy
2014-09-08, 07:36 PM
Ultros: "very well. Come on Mr. Typhon." (mentally command "follow" target: myself)
Mr. Typhon: Fugwah?
muttering "must be a lack of oil" Mr. Ultros follows along

After Quag Quey asks her qustion
Mr. Ultros (answering in Qu):food is bland here but better than what ate back home, and as to the other probably better you don't know.

Mr. Typhon:Fugwahhhhhh (oddly enough in a bored tone)

Mr. Ultros:(mentally "what the heck am I doing wrong? it is as though it had a pea brain but it cannot have a mind ugh....") ("sigh I need to find a place to do maintenance probably the sea travel messed up the mechanism")

(directed to Quag Quey)
Mr. Ultros (again in Qu):what sorts food have you tasted in your travels?

Gunhaven
2014-09-08, 09:55 PM
He smiled at Ultros and blinked at Typhon before he said "Quag Quey sad food is bland. Eat many food! Best is enemy magic; like touch of skeleton. Was hurt but now fun!" He paused and seemed to think for far too long before he added "Won't use on you. Is for meanies."

Lohj
2014-09-09, 03:03 PM
You enter the main chamber of the temple, the obsidian walls giving way to an ivory interior, where upon seven people, men and women of varying races sit upon seven pillars, each one colored to refer to a nation. The one seated upon the Light seat addresses you both, an old frail man, who's long white beard hangs down between his knees as he sits, his daisy yellow robe rustling quietly as he moves, indicating two wooden chairs of considerable quality for you. "Please, sit. We have many things to discuss. You two are the only two coming, it seems. The other nations' champions have not contacted us, and we have yet to hear from the nations as to their location. So this task is left to you. I hope you have been bereifed upon what is required of you?" He asks, tilting his head slightly.

Final Fantasy
2014-09-09, 07:13 PM
Mr. Ultros: "I think it has been made clear. I will speak frankly you think the past has returned to haunt us all, the dark nation has returned and is planing some sort of mischief and you have gather whoever you can to put a stop to it. Am I correct?"
Mr. Typhon: Fugah.

Mr Ultros: "as for the other nations who knows what might have happened, for all I know they may have been waylaid on their way here including all the messengers sent to give notice of their coming."

Final Fantasy
2014-09-09, 07:16 PM
In response to Quag Quey
Mr. Ultros: (speaking in Qu) "well I am used to people wanting to kill/harm me to have someone not wanting to attack me is truly a relief."

Gunhaven
2014-09-09, 08:47 PM
She nodded to Ultros's response and added "Is good to be here. Will find friends if needed." She looked to the chair, licked it, and sat down in it. As she waited for something else to happen she kicked her feet idly and looked about.

Lohj
2014-09-10, 10:51 AM
The elder from the Wind nation, a Gria at the end of her life span, squints at you both. "The ghost ship has been see around again, even though the heroes sank it hundreds of years ago. We assume that will be the best place to look, as Shade, the spirit of darkness, was locked up there before. Do either of you have any questions?"

Final Fantasy
2014-09-10, 06:57 PM
Mr. Ultros: (grinning in jest) other than how do I make this hunk of scrap metal swim? (pointing to Mr. Typhon) I think I am fine. As for Quag Quey here she will have to speak for herself.
Mr. Typhon: FugWAah.

Gunhaven
2014-09-10, 09:15 PM
Quag Quey pondered the question before his stomach asked for him, grumbling loud enough to be heard from outside the chamber. He said "Quag Quey hungry! Is lunch?" He further pondered either the question or lunch before he added a minute later "How we get there?"

Lohj
2014-09-12, 01:14 AM
The Elder arches a brow at you. "You came on a ship, and you need to find a ship. If you can't do that math, I'll go, and you two can stay here and discuss... where is it..." she casts about her station, looking through stacks of papers, finally deciding upon one, "Here we go: 'The affairs of Rabites on the Golden road. Doesn't that sound at all like fun?" She smiles softly, gesturing to a small table off to the side of the room. "That table has a map of the known sighting areas for both the Dark continent and the Ghost Ship. Examine it, and then go out to the captain once you have decided upon your course of action. Despite my initial... comments, I believe you two can do us all proud."

Final Fantasy
2014-09-12, 04:28 PM
Mr. Ultros: I'll give it my all ma'am. let's have a look at that map then...

Gunhaven
2014-09-12, 05:56 PM
She fell forward face first and rolled to the prementioned map in a series of somersaults. She popped up, looked at a map, and connected the dots before she said "Be here? Yums better."

Lohj
2014-09-16, 11:38 AM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/259/6/c/seiken_densetsu_map_by_imacer2-d7zefv5.jpg
The map you observe shows the entire world, and a black dotted line goes around the mainland, with a small notation indicating: Every 5 days it makes the full cycle. The elder of the Fire nation speaks up, an older Bangaa, "The ship first appears around this island, and ends up outside the port of Sultan, with the first day being Dryad, and the last day being Gnome, being untraceable during Wisp and the Mana Holy Day. It's currently Salamando day, so you have two days to get near Sultan before another week passes."

(Read this)
Note for you players:
Altena + Elrand= Ice
Sultan + Navarre + Dean= Fire
Cleft of the Earth + Byzel= Earth
Forest of Wonder + Diorre= Wood
Beast kingdom + Mintos + Moonreading Tower= Moon
Wendel + Ancient Ruins of Light= Light
Rolante= Wind

Gunhaven
2014-09-16, 07:02 PM
He memorized the map and cycle before he ran out, yelling "Hurry! Is almost here!" He kept running until he got to the ship and scurried to the bow of the ship to get a good view and said "Sultan! Only to-day!"

Final Fantasy
2014-09-17, 03:55 PM
Mr. Ultros: (quickly sketching the map on a sheet of paper and making a couple of notes he gives his respects to the elders then mentally and actually orders Mr. Typhon to follow and heads out after Quag Quey).

At the dock
Mr. Ultros: you are the captain?(after I go and find him) Mr. Ultros is my name and I am afraid I will have to impose somewhat thanks to this bucket of bolts and my wagon. May I hope that you have room for them?

Lohj
2014-09-22, 03:04 PM
At the docks, you find the captain of the ship you came in on making preparations to leave. His crew is working almost feverishly as they load supplies in crates, barrels, and some other large sacks. Then, after those, one large delegation of crew members stepped forward with a large chest borne atop their shoulders. They move carefully, with purpose, as if they are showing respect to whatever cargo they currently bear. The captain bows slightly as the box passes by, and then he turns to you. "Anything you need before we cast off? Questions can wait, but if you need some supplies, grab them now. We're apparently heading after the Ghost ship, and... well, I'll be honest; if you don't succeed in some way fast, we all may be worse off than drowning."

Final Fantasy
2014-09-22, 06:49 PM
Mr. Ultros: If it is not classified information, what is in the box? Otherwise I think I have my gear. And hopefully Mr. Typhon will even the scales in our favor should something nasty come up.
Mr. Typhon: Fugwahhahah

Mr. Ultros: sigh, as soon as everything is on board I will try and fix that leak!

Lohj
2014-09-22, 07:30 PM
The captain, pulling his hat back to reveal one scarred eye, the other one simply a mesh of burned flesh, looks back at it as it dissapears below deck. "That? That there is what you'll be needing to find, well, whatever you're after, or so I'm told. They're pieces of the Mana stones. The 8 stones, one for each element, were used to seal away the God-Beasts, terrible beings that threatened the world. The Goddess, blessed be her, saved us by sealing them, and locked the stones in the concentrations of the element they represented in this world. However, centuries ago, a small band of villainous people all fought for supremacy for the world. Altena, and their queen at the time attempted forbidden magic, trying to sacrifice her daughter to bring the Mana stones under her control, in conjunction with the evil knight known as the Dark Swordsman. The Navarre thieves guild were wrested from the control of their rightous leader to group up with the vampire Jagen to try and ressurect the Dark Prince, the original ruler of the Mana stone of Darkness. Finally, the last group were a combined force of the werewolves of the Beast Kingdom, and the madman known as Death Jester. However, the daughter of the queen of Altena, Angela was her name, teamed up with Duran, the greatest swordsman of the age, the then Priest of Light's granddaughter Carlie, Kevin, son of the Beast king, Hawk, a, heh, rogue rogue from the Navarre thieves Guild, and Lise, the then Queen of Rolante, Monarchy of wind. Together, the six of them banded together to stop the evil forces, and restore the balance of mana to the world, by destroying the God Beasts, and in so doing, destroying the mana crystals." He stops and sighs. "The pieces we have are a knife sized shard of each stone, excepting the Dark one. With these, I'm so told, you can banish the dark ones back to the place they came from." He bows his head again. "I hope it works."

Gunhaven
2014-09-22, 08:51 PM
Quag Quey paused in thought as the captain loaded the ship then got distracted by the new smells and spaced out on his tale, catching only the end of it. She blinked her eyes and shook her head, slapping her head with her tongue.

Final Fantasy
2014-09-23, 06:48 PM
Mr. Ultros: well then! a nasty mess to be sure but at least if I die I know it was for the best of causes. Hope is at a premium and we will have to make do with whatever we can get. Now then, where is that wrench...?

Mr. Typhon: Fugwaurp!

Mr. Ultros:? (now what has gone wrong?) (sigh a tank like automaton seems to have become a huge problem but at least it fights well.)

starwarstrekfan
2014-09-26, 10:08 PM
He finally arrived in the capital and reached the council gates, when he was told by a passing guard that the small team had already left. Ricard was amazed that only 2 had answered the call, and wondered to himself what happened to the rest. He looked at Sharpbeak and saw the determination that mirrored his own. His best friend knew what to do. He thanked the guard and Sharpbeak took off, running through roads and taking to the low house roofs when possible. He arrived at the dock and saw the only ship readying itself to leave. He ran Sharpbeak up to the plank just as they were about to raise it. “AHOY THERE! GOT ROOM FOR ONE MORE ON THE EXPIDITION?” He yelled, hoping someone would hear him. He would hop on regardless, but this way he didn't surprise anyone when he did. Sharpbeak ruffled his feathers and grunted, the black Chocobo just being restless, even though it had run so much in so short of a time. Ricard patted Sharp's neck. “Shhh boy, with how little they have, they can't say no to us.”

Final Fantasy
2014-09-27, 03:35 PM
Mr. Ultros: well captain looks like we are having some good fortune after all.

Mr. Typhon: Fugwaaah.

Mr. Ultros: okay break's over back to work for me. (muttering) (okay leak where are you? I know you are in here somewhere....)

Lohj
2014-09-28, 08:37 AM
The captain nods to you and your bird, gesturing to the gangplank. "Come aboard, mate. We'll be shoving off within the hour, so if you need anything else, go grab it now. We'll be heading straight for the Ghost Ship, with nary a stop between. So speak now, or forever hold your peace!"

Gunhaven
2014-09-28, 10:34 AM
Quag Quey licked his lips at the newcomers and waved frantically at them. He tumbled down from his place at the bow of the ship and over to them. At the last moment he straightened up and inadvertently licked the chocobo's back. "Is good to meet! Chocobo taste good!"

starwarstrekfan
2014-09-28, 04:53 PM
Ricard nodded his thanks. He guided Sharpbeak up the ramp and onto the deck. He knew he didn't need anything else as everything he needed was already packed. "Thank you kindly Captain. I heard only a short while ago that this expedition was being made. Ricard, at your service, with my loyal mount and friend, Sharpbeak." He was surprised as some creature came barreling outa nowhere and licked Sharkbeak's back. Sharp beak squacked in surprise and ran behind Ricard. Ricard turned and started stroking Sharp's neck soothingly. "No, Chocobos do not taste good and Please refrain from licking Sharpbeak like that. I can't promise your safety otherwise. I take it you are the third member of our little excursion into the unknown?"

Final Fantasy
2014-09-29, 02:56 PM
Mr. Ultros: (directed to Ricard) you would do well to watch yourself the same friend Ricard. because from what I have gathered that Quag is a she, unless I am mistaken, and a blue mage to boot. speaking of introductions I go by the name Ultros at this time pleased to make your aquaintance.
Mr. Typhon: Fugwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Mr. Ultros: (jumps a little then speaks): oh right. and this mechanical monstrosity is Typhon, Mr. Typhon. He is quite stupid so in battle try not to let me fall otherwise don't count on his help.

Gunhaven
2014-09-29, 03:09 PM
Quag Quey took a step back as she nodded, then shook, then nodded her head; her tongue flailing every direction. With a smile she finally said "Quag Quey qu. Is like both almost! Is blue mage though. Can learn chocobo?" She seemed to think for a long moment on if she could learn anything from the chocobo.

starwarstrekfan
2014-10-02, 07:15 PM
He turned to Ultros. "Wonderful to meet you good sir. And you as well Mr. Typhon. Quag, I'm not sure if you can learn anything from him but please do be careful. Chocobo's have been known to poke eyes out. Also, I suggest we, since we are a small group, should get together to talk strategy. And what we all think we will find." He turned his head back to Sharpbeak and rubbed his neck to calm him down. "Captain, I'll get my stuff stashed, but do we have an ETA?"

Final Fantasy
2014-10-03, 02:20 PM
Ultros: (to the captain) by ETA, he means estimated time of arrival just in case you were not aware.
(to Ricard)
A strategy meeting would be a good idea, as far as things go for me I am best deployed in the back seeing as I am most skilled with a crossbow and I have these fun turrets I put together, I can try to explain in more detail later. Mr. Typhon is best up front because he is big and large and just plain old distracting.
Mr. Typhon: Fugwaah!

Gunhaven
2014-10-05, 02:36 PM
Quag Quey paused and seemed to think for a while before answering. Finally he said "Quag Quey help everywhere! Can smash, can hurt, can heal. Magic first, then smash Quag Quey think." He looked about for some way to show off his talents and settled on shrugging, adding "Will show later."

Lohj
2014-10-06, 01:00 PM
The captain scratches his head. "Weird, felt a... ripple or something just then. Never mind. ALLLLLLLL ABOAAAAAAARD!" He marches up the gangplank, with all of you following in his tracks. After showing you below decks to your cabins, with, as he says "Bird boy in one, the weirdos in the other." He moves back to the helm, taking the ship out of port. In order to maintain speed, you have brought with you several shamans of the Undine tribe, allowing the ship to move without wind, and keep the seas calm. The city vanishes into the distance, and the three masted ship moves swiftly into the night. When the moon hits apogee, the captain calls you three up from your cabins, and sets out the map from before, showing you the progress you're making. "We're only a day away, and if we hit no problems, we'll find the ghost ship 4 hours before it dissapears. So, you'll have 4ish hours to get on, find something, and get off, otherwise you'll vanish with the ship. All I know is what the elders told me: The captain of the ghost ship left a few notes in his journal, as recorded by Carly, the great sage of old. Maybe you could find that?"

Final Fantasy
2014-10-06, 02:26 PM
Ultros: Then the first place we should check is the captains cabin. Otherwise we should stay armed and be careful. It should be fairly obvious that whatever is on the ship is, most likely, not friendly.

Mr: Typhon: Fugwah.

Ultros: (mentally: still not fixed? I am an utter failure at this...)

starwarstrekfan
2014-10-09, 09:42 PM
"Cabin yes, Though it might be better if you look for stuff there. I'm better at fighting things. But...Well I can always check the rest of the ship." He toyed with the Lance he had as he thought.

Gunhaven
2014-10-10, 12:27 PM
Quag Quey nodded at the mission and plan. She said "Plan good. Stay together though! Can't heal if hurt." with some concern for her new teammates. If there's nothing else then she tumbled out of the room and set up at the bow of the ship, tongue trailing behind her as they sped along.

Lohj
2014-10-14, 10:55 AM
As night rolls in on the first day at sea, the water remains calm, with only a few clouds blowing in from the east. You can see land off in the distance, but no distinguishable features attract your attention. As your eyes wander along, those of you awake just stare out at the water. (Perception check)

Final Fantasy
2014-10-15, 06:55 AM
1d20 => 12 +8 =20

Gunhaven
2014-10-15, 08:58 AM
Quag Quey licked at the air as he lounged on the deck in an out of the way spot, relaxing until the big feast.

[roll0]

Gunhaven
2014-10-20, 10:11 AM
With a frown, Quag Quey plopped down to the deck of the ship and called out "Is too dark to see! Only smell sea!" She then chuckled at her rhyme and rolled away to some place where she could lounge out of the way.

Final Fantasy
2014-10-22, 06:11 AM
Ultros: hmmmmm could be a storm but hard to tell. I suppose the lookout of the ship has already spotted it. I think I will go secure my possessions that I won't need then, just in case.

Lohj
2014-10-25, 09:53 PM
Since Starwarskyfan isn't responding, I'll just move on til xhe returns.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, the watches switching, each of you getting enough rest to constitute a good night's sleep. When the sun rises, those who were sleeping here the captain call you out on deck, letting you know you have 13 hours til the ship makes contact with the Ghost Ship, or so he hopes. "Just remember, the monsters on the ship have an affinity for Shade, or darkness. If you have any items or abilities that are light or Wisp based, keep them ready. In case you don't, take this, each of you." He hands each of you one statue of a small fireball looking figure, but with two small eyes near the middle of flame. "These statues of wisps will enchant your weapons with the energy of Light, giving you the edge you might need in the times to come. They don't last forever, so be careful."

(You each have one 'Enchanting Statue of Wisp'
Level 5
Gives current weapon a +1 bonus, or increases the current weapon bonus by 1 to a maximum 5.
Also gives the weapon the Light affinity, causing any damage it deals to be Light based. This means that any enemies that you hit that are Dark affinity take a bonus 1d6 damage, while Light based enemies are healed instead of taking damage. This lasts for 8 rounds.)

starwarstrekfan
2014-10-28, 03:26 PM
I'M SORRY GUYS...MIDTERMS CAME UP AND THEN PROJECTS AND, AND...yeah...and does the statue stack on other materia types? My lance has +1 wind damage sooo. Or did i have to activate it? I forgot.

Ricard was dead asleep the entire night, and only woke up when the captain called. He stumbled out, clearly not a morning person. 13 hours...And he wouldn't be able to fall asleep for at least 15. He sighed. "Then I might need someone's help with my armor. I got some darkness materia on that and wind on my lance. So yeah might need some help there. Never been one for magic..." He trailed off and rubbed his head. "Where's the food?" He had finally woken up enough to appear alert and was now on a mission. One pain fully obvious to those who had good ears.

Lohj
2014-10-28, 07:19 PM
I'M SORRY GUYS...MIDTERMS CAME UP AND THEN PROJECTS AND, AND...yeah...and does the statue stack on other materia types? My lance has +1 wind damage sooo. Or did i have to activate it? I forgot.

Ricard was dead asleep the entire night, and only woke up when the captain called. He stumbled out, clearly not a morning person. 13 hours...And he wouldn't be able to fall asleep for at least 15. He sighed. "Then I might need someone's help with my armor. I got some darkness materia on that and wind on my lance. So yeah might need some help there. Never been one for magic..." He trailed off and rubbed his head. "Where's the food?" He had finally woken up enough to appear alert and was now on a mission. One pain fully obvious to those who had good ears.

The captain chuckles. "Your armor of darkness will help you out. And the materia in your lance won't affect the statues any. If anything, it'll make it deal even more damage. And food's on main deck. Take it slow, mate. You've got 7 hours."

Final Fantasy
2014-10-29, 06:09 AM
Ultros: speaking of materia.... I should attune mine. I think some holy materia, especially attached to my ranged, weapon should be a help. Hmmmmm.... but where is my spanner?

Gunhaven
2014-10-29, 09:35 AM
Quag Quey blinked at mention of food and immediately began to salivate. He took the statue and appeared in deep thought for a minute before he stowed it, deciding it wasn't the aforementioned food. He smiled at the knight and bellowed "Quag Quey help! Sleep in armor, is ready to eat and fight already. After armor then eat!" He moved to aid Ricard in whatever way was needed.

starwarstrekfan
2014-11-04, 02:20 PM
Ricard chuckles and lazily salutes the captain. "No worries sir, i have yet to find a meal that i couldn't handle." He nodded at Quag "Food, then armor. For one can't work on an empty stomach." He headed off for the kitchens, grabbing a couple of rolls and a slab of salted meat. Then he retreated to the stable areas where Sharpbeak sat impatiently. He patted His chocobo's head and got to work eating and quizing Quag about how to activate materia. He hadn't used it much, and when he did, he still didn't get it.

Final Fantasy
2014-11-05, 08:05 AM
Ultros comes in for food looking a little ragged but with his spanner.
Ultros: Morning laddies and ladies. I hear that someone needs a lesson in materia attunement? I think I can help with that or at least I can explain what has to be done.

Gunhaven
2014-11-05, 10:57 AM
Her stomach was all the answer she needed. Quag Quey ate a hearty breakfast which included what attempts the crew made to make it civilized with things like silverware and plates and what parts were less desirable by the crew. She made a note to give her compliments to the chef after she helped get the armor on.

She pointed her tongue at Ultros and said "He better. Quag Quey just close eyes. Powers from creatures; think of skeleton and drain marrow. Maybe learn power from chocobo?"

Lohj
2014-11-06, 11:22 AM
As you all prepare for the departure, night swiftly falls. At the allotted time, a thick fog starts gathering around the boat, even though there's nary a cloud in the sky. The Captain signals for everyone to be quiet, then slowly, the water elementalists turn the boat so it's pointing north. A few minutes pass, and the fog finally blocks out all sight beyond it, and yet there's still an eery light emanating from the fog, allowing all on board vision. From the waters, a creaking noise can be heard, getting closer, the waves from the water being pushed back by something nearby. Looking around, you still see nothing, til one of the crew members gasps loudly, and everyone turns to him. Broadside to the ship, the ghost ship slowly moves, the sails torn, no crew in sight, the masts cracked, the boat itself dotted with broken boards. The captain turns to you all, and nods, motioning for you all to go quickly.

Final Fantasy
2014-11-08, 12:06 PM
I ready my heavy crossbow and load it (mentally commanding Mr. Typhon to follow me) after making sure the others are ready to go.
Ultros: well it is now or never. Let's get on with the show.

Gunhaven
2014-11-08, 04:22 PM
Quag Quey sniffed the air and started salivating at the new sensations. He whispered excitedly "Is fun time? Quag Quey never eat before!" He moved to the rail and awaited impatiently for impact time.

Lohj
2014-11-13, 09:12 PM
A gangplank descends onto your ship, and a soft voice floats through the air, "All aboard..."

Final Fantasy
2014-11-14, 07:07 AM
Ultros: you hear that? Sounds like we are expected. Welp time is wasting let's get on. (he keeps his (heavy) crossbow ready as he let's Mr. Typhon go first then follows after.)

Gunhaven
2014-11-14, 10:11 AM
With a big grin Quag Quey rolled on after Ultros. She paused on the other ship and sniffed the air for smells of home amongst the new scents of a ghost ship. She made a note of the location if she noticed the faintest smell.

Lohj
2014-11-14, 06:36 PM
Crossing the gangplank is easier than you remember. However, as soon as you cross, the gangplank vanishes, and the ghost ship starts pulling forward across the waters, away from your ship. The captain shouts out to you, but then a thick wall of fog forces itself between the two ships, and you pull swiftly out of sight and sound. A small sound echoes across the deck, but it's indistinct from the creaks of the boat, while the slapping of the water gently washes across the bow.
(From now on, if you want to make a check, please do so when appropriate, I'll only prompt you when you need to make one to 1) not die or 2) get killed)

Final Fantasy
2014-11-15, 09:02 AM
Ultros (laughing) : I had a feeling something this would happen. well nothing left to do but to familiarize ourselves with the ship and wait to find out what our host has in store for us.

Mr. Typhon: fugwah......:(

(perception check for things of interest 1D20+8 => 27)
Ultros looks warily about for threats and for anything that might be of interest

Lohj
2014-11-20, 02:48 PM
Ultros looks around, and notices a doorway in the cabinhouse to the right, a set of stairs illuminated by a white-blue light, the source hidden from view by the turn in the staircase. As he turns towards the bow, he sees a figure in a blue shirt, white pantaloons, with wooden clogs, fair skin, and wheat colored hair. THe figure turns towards you, looks taken aback, then vanishes.

Gunhaven
2014-11-20, 03:46 PM
Quag Quey paused on the ship and sniffed the air. He looked around with Ultros and whispered excitedly "Maybe has food!? We check?"

[roll0] Perception

Lohj
2014-11-23, 10:47 PM
Quag Quey paused on the ship and sniffed the air. He looked around with Ultros and whispered excitedly "Maybe has food!? We check?"

[roll0] Perception

Quag Quey sniffs the air, not noting anything yummy within range of scent. He sees the light on the stairs, but nothing else.

Final Fantasy
2014-11-26, 10:12 PM
Ultros: I suppose there is nothing for it we will have to go inside at some point. Keep your eyes open for traps.
(Ultros cautiously approaches the staircase ordering, mentally, Mr. Typhon to go in front)

Gunhaven
2014-11-26, 10:29 PM
With no attempt to hide her disappointment, Quag Quey nodded her head. She said "No food here anyway." With a slight push she put herself in between Typhon and Ultros.

Lohj
2014-11-29, 01:07 PM
You descend down the stairs into the hold, and as you move into the well, the door at the top shuts softly, blocking out a gust of wind that started as soon as you entered. Once in the hold, you find yourself in a hallway, where there are two doors on the wall to your right, while the left simply has moonlight pouring in from the portholes. The interior shows nowhere near the sign of decay from the outside of the ship. At the end of the hallway is another staircase, which has the same blue light as the staircase you are currently standing in. On the first door, there is a piece of paper with writing on it.

Gunhaven
2014-12-05, 02:40 PM
Quag Quey gently pushed his way past Typhon and sniffed the air as he walked to the other stairs. To the others he whispered "Paper no look like recipe. Quag Quey not interested. Is for one of you." and took up a position of vigil next to the other stairs with tongue licking the air trying to get some satisfaction from this senseless place.

Final Fantasy
2014-12-07, 08:34 AM
Ultros quietly orders Mr. Typhon to guard (Ultros) then approaches the piece of paper keeping his eyes alert for other unwelcome surprises.
Ultros (To Quag Quey quietly):I will have look.

sorry for taking so long to respond but I have hit finals so I will be a little busy for another week. I will try to keep checking in.

Lohj
2014-12-07, 04:24 PM
Quag Quey gently pushed his way past Typhon and sniffed the air as he walked to the other stairs. To the others he whispered "Paper no look like recipe. Quag Quey not interested. Is for one of you." and took up a position of vigil next to the other stairs with tongue licking the air trying to get some satisfaction from this senseless place.

The stairs give off no immanent threat, nor do they pique any kind of interest beyond their ability to transport you up and down.

Ultros quietly orders Mr. Typhon to guard (Ultros) then approaches the piece of paper keeping his eyes alert for other unwelcome surprises.
Ultros (To Quag Quey quietly):I will have look.

sorry for taking so long to respond but I have hit finals so I will be a little busy for another week. I will try to keep checking in.

The paper reads in Common: Book of Blood, Book of Death, Book of Curses, Book of Death.
Upon completing the final line, a freezing chill spikes up your spine. (Please both of you make perception checks.)

Final Fantasy
2014-12-13, 08:45 AM
Ultros readies himself for trouble because a note like this means nothing good: he looks around (behind, sides and above and below) while keeping an eye on the door. 1D20+8 => 10 (however his nerves seem to have impaired his detection skills)

Gunhaven
2014-12-13, 11:20 AM
Quag Quey shivered from the touch and tasted the air for the culprit. If it was relatively safe still then she rolled right into the second room in an attempt to break down the door.

[roll0] Perception!

Lohj
2014-12-15, 01:37 PM
Ultros readies himself for trouble because a note like this means nothing good: he looks around (behind, sides and above and below) while keeping an eye on the door. 1D20+8 => 10 (however his nerves seem to have impaired his detection skills)

Quag Quey shivered from the touch and tasted the air for the culprit. If it was relatively safe still then she rolled right into the second room in an attempt to break down the door.

[roll0] Perception!

Your skin still crawls, but neither of you see anything...
until Quag Quey is sent sprawling by a luminescent claw that appears feet from the door she attempted to break open (Bull Rush attempt 22). Ultros on the other hand, grunts in pain as another luminescent claw rises from the ground, scratching his thigh (Flatfooted attack: 15 = 2 damage(Minimum)). When you've gathered your wits, you see two spectral shapes, both of them emitting a soft white light, with one red eye from where you guess their heads could be located. A single clawed hand made of the same material seems to float independent of the body, but it doesn't appear to extend beyond a foot or so of the main body.

(Roll initiative.)

Gunhaven
2014-12-15, 09:36 PM
Quag Quey yelled out "Is here to feed?" and lashed out with his tongue in an attempt to grapple the spectral being. As his tongue lashed out he mumbled more to himself "Ith hath pecial?" and attempted to get the creature to use any abilities he himself didn't possess yet.

Standard to use Grasping Tongue [roll0] vs CMD
Swift to Scan vs DC 18
Move to Invoke vs DC 18

Lohj
2014-12-20, 11:46 AM
Quag Quey yelled out "Is here to feed?" and lashed out with his tongue in an attempt to grapple the spectral being. As his tongue lashed out he mumbled more to himself "Ith hath pecial?" and attempted to get the creature to use any abilities he himself didn't possess yet.

Standard to use Grasping Tongue [roll0] vs CMD
Swift to Scan vs DC 18
Move to Invoke vs DC 18

Success on Grasping Tongue
Success on Scan
Success on Invoke
You reach out with your tongue, attempting to grapple it, and you succeed in surrounding the body with your tongue, but your tongue phases through it, as if it wasn't there. Your eyes quickly move over the thing's body, and you realize it knows something related to it's form, and the image of a tongue quickly stealing a foe's movement builds in your mind. Commanding the creature to act, the creature quickly licks you back, it's tongue grazing your whole front, not exampling the true effects.

Reaction to Invoke: 19 vs CMD fails