PDA

View Full Version : Stats for a "Crosse"?

PangolinPie
2014-08-22, 03:17 PM
I was curious if there were official stats anywhere for an item called a "Crosse" that basically functions like a lacrosse stick to hurl small projectiles such as alchemical vials. I know in Final Fantasy 9 it was referred to as a Racket.

Right now I'm thinking it would just function like Far Shot in item form but take a full round to load and throw.

Sian
2014-08-22, 03:34 PM
Think the closest you get is some kind of staff-sling ... IIRC there is stats for one somewhere in Pathfinder

GutterFace
2014-08-22, 03:54 PM
The thing is if you throw something with set damage like alchemist fire or acid using a sling doesn't make it better unless you need more range.

But im sure your DM would allow a war sling (RoW?) to deliver those as well as normal bullets and skip rocks

PangolinPie
2014-08-23, 09:24 AM
The thing is if you throw something with set damage like alchemist fire or acid using a sling doesn't make it better unless you need more range.

But im sure your DM would allow a war sling (RoW?) to deliver those as well as normal bullets and skip rocks

Well yeah I know that, I was more curious if there were established rules regarding increase in range and general use.

Palanan
2014-08-23, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Sian
Think the closest you get is some kind of staff-sling ... IIRC there is stats for one somewhere in Pathfinder

There's a halfling sling-staff (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/sling-staff-halfling), although I think you have to burn a feat on it.