PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Human Samurai Help

DukeGurren
2014-08-22, 03:20 PM
For my Pathfinder group, I知 dead set on a Human Samurai Ronin with a personality based off of Kikuchiyo from seven samurai. For this guy, I知 not sure if i really want to tank, and would certainly like to explore other options. For what I have planned feats wise, I have dazzling display, opening volley, weapon proficiencies, and a few others. what want to do with the class is I want to be very intimidating and strike hard in battle, but also have good bow skills, especially when on my mount. For the Mount, I want to have it spec'd to be highly maneuverable and fast as well as maintaining that speed and being effective while I知 on it in mid combat, however I do not want to be dependant on my mount for half my combat capability but supplemental.I probably described a tank, and that might be because I知 having a bit of trouble describing what I知 going for. As for loadout, I知 going for Katana, Longbow, Nodachi, and MAYBE a naginata. for armor, i壇 like to figure out bypassing. the first ability distribution (20 points) i got: STR12, DEX14[+2 RACIAL=16] CON12, INT13, WIS12, CHA14. if anyone can help me think of a better build and can discuss and help me out with figuring out what i知 doing, that would be awesome. Thanks for reading.

jjcrpntr
2014-08-22, 04:20 PM
For my Pathfinder group, I知 dead set on a Human Samurai Ronin with a personality based off of Kikuchiyo from seven samurai. For this guy, I知 not sure if i really want to tank, and would certainly like to explore other options. For what I have planned feats wise, I have dazzling display, opening volley, weapon proficiencies, and a few others. what want to do with the class is I want to be very intimidating and strike hard in battle, but also have good bow skills, especially when on my mount. For the Mount, I want to have it spec'd to be highly maneuverable and fast as well as maintaining that speed and being effective while I知 on it in mid combat, however I do not want to be dependant on my mount for half my combat capability but supplemental.I probably described a tank, and that might be because I知 having a bit of trouble describing what I知 going for. As for loadout, I知 going for Katana, Longbow, Nodachi, and MAYBE a naginata. for armor, i壇 like to figure out bypassing. the first ability distribution (20 points) i got: STR12, DEX14[+2 RACIAL=16] CON12, INT13, WIS12, CHA14. if anyone can help me think of a better build and can discuss and help me out with figuring out what i知 doing, that would be awesome. Thanks for reading.

step 1. Pick a different class. Paladin, fighter or even cavalier can do what you're describing. Just use the weapons and such and role play the guy as a ronin. Remember the class isn't what your guy is its just the mechanics you use.

step 2. Have more fun than you would have as a samurai.