PDA

View Full Version : Sol@CE - Machinations of the Fool [IC]

DM_Letholdus
2014-08-22, 06:37 PM
It had been days since you heard from your contact. The new project with the shiny bonus is looking down and out. You had some of the best scores they've seen yet they leave you hanging. Maybe you should take some initiative and do some recon of your own... They said you were to be infiltrating a diplomat's entourage to spy on the reds... On second though, that'd be bad. Get mixed up in the wrong affair and you could jeopardize your entire career. Lose the major contract with the outfit called Lilyhammer. You've heard of them, but it's mostly just rumors... Murmuring that a group of an elite US spy ring that controls the shadow government that controls the entire world. But, that's what you were told by your handlers. Good thing you saved plenty from your last job. Rents due in a week and the neighbors are getting nosey... Maybe best to just up and leave. Get your skedaddle kit and cut your loses. But wait, your standard issue communicator just buzzed. You tap the ring and the cool dulurous voice of your contact is on the other end. "The window is open and the cat is about to jump. You are a face in the crowd and the apple is rotten. Ellis is hot, take a shutterbug to Manhattan and get lost at sea. The mangoes are ripe. Repeat, the mangoes are ripe. The Italian family is very irked."

The rough translation of the codespeak: "New mission parameters. The meeting place in New York is compromised. Use secondary meeting spot. Be on the look out for danger. Repeat, be on the look out for danger. The cosa nostra is on the prowl."

Erik Vale
2014-08-24, 03:45 AM
With that message, Norman form instantly shifts, taking the form of a late teen girl as she walks off from the group, a slight head motion his/her only indication that she's taking the lead as s/he brings up her/his phone, pretending to call someone called 'Cathy', anyone caring to listen in probably thinking Norman to be just another teen girl out talking to a friend on the phone.

BizzaroStormy
2014-08-24, 06:20 PM
Vincent groans as he says a short phrase in Hindi, causing his bulky armored suit to shift into a pair of tan slacks and dark turtleneck sweater; his heavy-looking weapon is somehow tucked into the canvas satchel at his side. His new clothing combined with his greying crew cut give a strong father-like impression as he follows closely behind Norman with an annoyed scowl. "Honestly, I don't know why we even bother having a plan sometimes. Always gets changed at the last minute."

DM_Letholdus
2014-08-25, 08:01 PM
The day is rather sunny and warm on this late summer day. The boat taking you out to Ellis Island is filled with tourist and the like. You see several familiar faces in the crowd. Your dossiers named them as your team mates. An especially burly man with shaggy dark hair stands outside, pulling on one of those electronic cigarettes. He blows lose smoke rings idly as he stands there. You recognize him as the ex-Marine scout sniper that is to be joining Lilyhammer. He is wearing a leather jacket with various patches on it. On his back he was a large patch that says "Scions of Solace" with an embellished metallic skull. He has a handkerchief poking out of his back pocket and a large mag light in a holster on his left hip. If you come up to him he says "Sic pac parabellum. See any signs of those mozza-slingers?"

BizzaroStormy
2014-08-25, 08:29 PM
"No sign of Mario and we're told the princess is in a different castle." Vincent pulls a small flask from his satchel and takes a deep swig before sighing a bourbon-laced breath. "Quae erravit? Hoc factum est, iterum." he asks in an annoyed tone.

"What went wrong? This is the second time this has happened."

Erik Vale
2014-08-25, 08:51 PM
Norman walks strait past, still a she chatting on her phone.
"You know, every since I went to college I've begun dreading it, the faculty can't seem to do anything right... Got to go, need to pee."
He then does a loop in and out of a shop, coming out as one of his known disguises, standing next to the two, one eyebrow raised.
"I do mean that... And I need to get a translator, English, African, French, Russian, Jappanese, Manderin, Fluent in them all which makes for good business dealings most of the time but every now and again someone has to get fancy though a translator is no help for keeping things quiet."

Batpope Scott
2014-08-28, 11:40 PM
"Oh James, you're so interesting." The woman cooed in her attempts to be seductive, though Jon in his casual blue button-up shirt with rolled-up sleeves, grey slacks, and borrowed face of a middle-class bachelor, paid her no real mind. Letting his elbow onto the table, his hand slipped up to make it look as though he was supporting his jaw, the ring playing it's message for him as he responds to his date for the evening to cover up the noise. "Not as interesting as you, my dear. You look absolutely stunning tonight, believe me. I can't quite keep my eyes off you." His image of a beatific smile cover up his concern for the sudden notification.

He looks down at his watch, what appears to be a cheap Rolex knock-off, and decides that it's time to meet up with the others. He slowly lets himself up from the table, saying only "If you'll excuse me, I forgot something in the men's room."

As he slipped out the restaurant, seeing the others nearby, he lightly brushed his ring and let his features subtly change back to that of a man of Asian descent. As he gets to the group, he smiles widely and asks "I didn't miss anything, did I?