PDA

View Full Version : [IC] A New World

r2d2go
2014-08-22, 07:24 PM
Each hero of the New World has ascended after defeating their opponent in their continent. Many turn the tides of massive wars, while others slay fearsome beasts or destroy sinister artifacts. However, they all begin their new story here - in The Tavern.

The bright light that brought you to the New World fades, and as your senses adjust, you find yourself comfortably seated at a wooden table. Looking around, you see faces - for some, there are a few who are familiar, but for the most part, you are with strangers. The room is strangely quiet, but you hear the echo, each person in the room hearing the voice of their god. "These are your new allies. Fight with them, and you shall go far."

Once the echoing voice fades, a door opens slightly, shimmering sunlight pouring through. You can hear the hustle and bustle of a village outside, and the doorway seems to beckon to you. However, table rattles, magically carving an image into itself. A moment later, there are three maps, clearly labeled as "World", "Country", and "Town".

The "World" map is divided into hexes, about a centimeter to a side, each with tiny symbols to mark mountains, forests, plains, and other features. A mark at each side of the hex notes that one hex is a hundred miles - which means the map represents more than five thousand miles to a side. Furthermore, the map is colored with six colors - red, blue, yellow, purple, green and orange. The areas are mostly divided by huge mountain ranges, but where the colors meet, the hexes shimmer and change. Finally, a deeply gouged circle marks your place in the world, near a huge city that seems to take up nearly an entire hex.

The "Country" map is not divided like the "World", showing the massive city in the center and your position as in a village nearby - this map is noted to represent only about five hundred miles to a side. A river flows only a few miles to the west of your village, turning to run through a forest a dozen or so miles to the north. The settlements form in rings around the city, getting bigger as they get closer, from a dot to a centimeter-diameter circle in four rings.

The "Town" map is more detailed than the rest, and shows a myriad of moving pinpricks, noted to represent people. It represents only fifty miles to a side, depicting the nearby countryside (including the forest and the river), as well as the city itself, marking each building and it's function. You can see a blacksmith, a tailor, an apothecary, a church, a general store, a sort of city hall, and many others. The entire map is colored, the wood darkening and lightening in spots throughout. Notably, the city hall is blackened, and dots of dark wood appear above the blacksmith and four houses of varying size, while the countryside is almost entirely light. However, unlike the rest of the map, this remains unexplained.

Once the party reviews the map, the door slowly creaks fully open. The New World welcomes you.

SwordChucks
2014-08-22, 08:29 PM
Dexter draws out a journal and ink set from a side pocket on his backpack that seems to small to hold its contents. He quickly tries to sketch the maps into his journal while introducing himself.

Oh, umm hello. I'm Dex and these two he says pointing to Scorpio and Henry are my friends. If I don't seem too surprised to find myself magicked to a tavern and surrounded by strangers, it's only because that's not even the weirdest thing to happen to us today.

Arjhan
2014-08-22, 08:58 PM
I believe that we should try to make friend at the blacksmith's and those darkly marked buildings. Darkness is usually where the interesting things happen. I'm Scorpio by the way.
Scorpio sits in the corner under his bright red and slightly scorched robes, when everyone is finished with their introductions he leaves to go to the blacksmith's unless there is a better idea presented.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-23, 03:20 AM
Clear skies to you. I am Velik Emetch, first of Kaerixen. These are my friends... Velik looks left and right and frowns slightly. It appears I am sufficient to pursue the Fire Lord's will in this land. He studies the map carefully. Well, those dark spots do seem odd. The lord says we should endeavor to bring light unto darkness.

Vhaidara
2014-08-23, 07:10 PM
The massive Jotun, with his wings and tentacles, laughs.
First my people exile me, now it seems the world wants rid of me! Well, by Kord's bulging biceps, I'll have to fight twice as hard then.
A tentacle reaches over to Velix. It stops at about halfway between chest and waist and maybe three feet from him.
I am Drangeer Bonecrusher, mighty warrior of Kord.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-24, 02:13 AM
Velik shakes the tentacle. Pleased to meet you.

Bluydee
2014-08-24, 09:16 AM
Cassius grunted, looking around him. He wasn't sure exactly why he was here, especially as he never thought himself a religious person, with no prayer other than the common military saying, "Let Halmyr smile on our crusade." It was strange, specifically for him, for he did nothing more then fight, no more than any other soldier.

SwordChucks
2014-08-24, 02:50 PM
This is the best I can do with only one color of ink. Dexter says while presenting the heavily annotated maps to those gathered around the table.

I think we should scout out city hall from a distance. If the dark spots are signs of corruption it might be wise to keep our presence hidden. Dex turns and looks at Drangeer size and tentacles. But that might be a lost cause.

Vhaidara
2014-08-24, 04:29 PM
Drangeer shrugs.
Hey, how do you know tentacles and wings aren't normal around here? Maybe Kord has decided to send me somewhere where I fit in.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-24, 11:17 PM
"We have quite the motley group here..." Henry looks around at the others.
"I am Henry and this.." he pets the large drakkensteed's snout. "is Orion."Besides Dexter my alittle dragon may also warrant some unwanted attention, but we shall deal with that when we get to that point."

SwordChucks
2014-08-25, 01:01 AM
Dexter laughs You're right Drangeer, I might be out of place. This might be the land of intelligent oozes and we all get shunned for having bones. One way to find out I suppose.

Dex stands up from the table, places his journal in his bag, and peeks out the open door.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-25, 01:21 AM
I have ways of finding out how well we all will fit in here... the easiest of which is to simply walk outside. I suggest we head to the blacksmith first if subtlety and investigation are our goals. Nothing is particularly suspicious about visiting a local business and asking a few innocent questions about the latest news while replacing a damaged belt buckle. Velik walks over and holds the door open while gesturing for the group to go first. We can get to know each other on the way. What do you say? Velik smiles broadly.

r2d2go
2014-08-25, 02:23 AM
As Dexter peeks out the door, a tiny ringing sound is heard. A young child nearby glances at the door, his eyes looking up and meeting Dexter's, the growing wide. He dashes off, and a moment later you hear him cry "Mother! Mother! Heroes!"

Ten seconds later, a crowd gathers around the door, staring in awe and, to a degree, expectation. Voices murmur throughout the crowd, evaluating the party from stolen glances. "That man... Did he have tentacles?" "Forget tentacles, I think he had wings..." "The stranger, the better. Remember Rure?" "I think I saw a dragon!" "Goodness, how many are there?"

Then, as Velik opens the door, the crowd falls dead silent. Dozens of eyes fall upon him, looking hopeful and instantly placing their trust with this stranger. Then, a man in what seems to be a worn noble's outfit timidly speaks. "We... We ought to get the mayor over here. He'll want to talk to you for sure." He whispers to a thin, raggedly dressed man to his left, and the lanky man sprints away.

r2d2go
2014-08-26, 12:12 AM
About a minute later, you can hear the clattering of a horse-drawn carriages on cobblestones, and the crowd parting for the new arrival. A middle-aged man, presumably the mayor, steps out of the center carriage out of three, cane in hand. He wears a gold-trimmed silk suit, and his cane has an ornate golden falcon's head, but his attire seems to be old and worn. He walks to the door and clears his throat, then begins to speak in a deep voice, one that would be very commanding if it wasn't tempered by inflections of timidity.

"Ahem! Greetings, heroes! Welcome to Talus Ridge. I am Mayor Abel Perur. By divine decree, we will provide mundane accommodations for you - You are technically not required to provide any services in return, but, as seems to be the case of every town... there are problems. If you would like to accompany me back to the city hall, I'm sure we could find a mutually beneficial arrangement. Otherwise, feel free to get to know our humble settlement - The Tavern will provide food and shelter, but if there's anything else you would like, just ask."

Abel walks back to his carriage and gets in, and waits a moment to see if any of the party follows in either carriage to the left or right.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-26, 05:17 PM
Velik allows whomever decides to exit to pass and then ducks out of sight into the tavern for a moment. Lord grant me insight into the hearts of the people. He stealthily casts Detect Thoughts and returns to address the people. Morning fire to you all. I am Primate Velik Emetch, first priest of Kaerixen, Lord of Life. I hear the title of hero being spoken. The Lord tells us that the brightest flame burns hottest and changes the world with unmatched fury. But without people to warm and protect from the dark, the fire simply destroys and consumes and dies. Thus, the hero is made by the people he guards. He then walks amongst the people, shaking hands and reading minds for anything interesting or out of place. Until the carriages pull up and he focuses on the Mayor.

Vhaidara
2014-08-26, 05:21 PM
Drangeer laughs at Velik's flowery speech
Calm down priest, you'll have plenty of time for the conversions later. Let's earnt he title of hero around here before we start abusing it
He appraises the mayor
Do you gentlemen have any kind of lotion? My tentacles are feeling a bit dry.

For reference, his tentacles are more like the ones on a displacer beast than the ones on a mind flayer.

Bluydee
2014-08-26, 05:59 PM
Cassius looked up and down at the people around him, scrutinizing their every moves, his face in distaste at the being addressed as heroes, his gaze focused especially on the mayor. Heroes don't exist.

"We aren't heroes, mayor, but I could do with dinner." He especially emphasized heroes.

r2d2go
2014-08-26, 06:13 PM
The people listen in awe at Velik, some of the better-dressed ones scribbling notes on paper. They listen to his every word with rapt attention... until Drangeer steps up. Then, they gape at his wings, tentacles and size. At the mention of lotion, no less than three people offer up small containers of such a salve, holding their arms up in hopes of being chosen.

Cassius, on the other hand, seems less enthused. The mayor stops mid step, stumbling and regaining balance with his cane, then turns around, looking apologetic. He waves a hand, and the clamor momentarily stops. "Ah, I'm terribly sorry. I haven't explained The Tavern, have I? It is a divine building, housing for the champions of the gods. Simply ask within, and you shall receive. It seems mostly limited to food and shelter, though I think the halls have records of trinkets being brought in... In any case, it is well warded from anyone but you her- erm, what title would you like to go by? Regardless, you are safe in The Tavern from all but others such as yourself.

Vhaidara
2014-08-26, 06:28 PM
Titles?
Drangeer scratches his head with a tentacle, taking a salve with the other.
Thank you good man.
He returns his attention to the mayor as the tentacles begin applying the salve to each other.
Never had much use for titles, beyond Champion, but that one's gotta be earned in combat. Just call me Drangeer.

r2d2go
2014-08-26, 06:44 PM
"Ah, very well, Drangeer. I suppose I could call you champions, if hero is not palatable... In any case, just speak what you would like to The Tavern and it will accommodate you. But, I really must get back to the city hall - your arrival has set delicate timeframes in place."

The mayor continues walking to his carriage and gets in, and it begins to depart. The two carriages to its left and right, however, remain, and two drivers step from the reins and hold the doors open.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-26, 07:00 PM
When everyone is done with The Tavern, Velik boards the left carriage. He smiles and waves to the crowd when driving off.

SwordChucks
2014-08-26, 10:18 PM
What's wrong with heroes? Heroic tales were always my favorite.

Dex points to each of his allies in turn as he casts a short spell. This'll let us stay in contact for the next hour. Whisper if something comes up.

Nightraiderx
2014-08-27, 04:28 PM
"I'm not sure if I am comfortable with the word Hero...." Henry keeps the young ones from touching the dragon, Orion being very on edge from the sudden excitement.

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 04:49 PM
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the word hero. Just that we haven't done anything besides apparently step out of a magical tavern to earn the title.
Drangeer looks at the carriages.
I don't like the look of those things. I would prefer to walk.

Bluydee
2014-08-27, 05:12 PM
"Heroes don't exist. It's simply a title the weak put on the strong in hopes of protection, and only fools attempt to protect others." With that, he briskly walked towards the right carriage, grunting at the driver and sitting down.

r2d2go
2014-08-27, 05:40 PM
Those following or riding in the carriages reach the city hall fairly quickly - the carriages move with a restrained urgency, and after a few minutes you reach the city hall. Immediately, a few lanterns catch your eye - three separate chains of light lead away from the building, created with what seem to be specialized bullseye lanterns. The city hall itself is fairly mundane - an old, two story building, stretching a hundred yards or so across, mostly made of dark, painted wood. An imposing fence surrounds the area, with a large gate in the center through which the carriages pass. Each parks to either side of a central fountain, ornately carved out of a single piece of stone, but with several more delicate parts broken off and with no water. The carriages then stop, the drivers opening the doors to let the party out. They lead the party into the building, and then into a main auditorium where the mayor is sitting at a central table, speaking to a dozen noblemen.

"Ah, thank you, for coming. We have some things to discuss."

Abel, the mayor, pulls down a map, looking almost identical to the Town map in The Tavern. However, the area of the town looks significantly larger, with more farmland - except much of the farmland is crossed out. "There have been... troubles, lately, in our town. Our militia does its best, but we've lost almost half our farmland, and no one dares venture into the woods, where much of our income once laid. Some... some come back, but raised as undead. Wild animals seem to be driven into our city, creatures who would normally be satisfied to maintain their distance."

He points to the forest, where you can see he has drawn an X. "We sent a scouting party into the forest, a few months back. Only two men made it back, and one was... too far gone. Still, the head forester got us a small amount of information. He had noticed strange patterns of the wild animals - some unusually large, or aggressive. Tracking one of them, the group made it to the edge of a clearing, but were chased away. Wolves, bears, even a few herbivores, working together. That's our first concern."

Then, he points to another point, where a circle in the countryside has been drawn. "Our second concern involves the undead. Necromancy is... worrying. The undead seemed to come from this direction, and so we sent a small scouting party. They didn't find any undead, but found a tunnel, into the ground. One scout went in, and didn't come out."

Finally, Abel sighs, putting his hands down on the table. "Unfortunately, much of our problems come from lack of funds, and so payment would be delayed. I can offer you what we have - there's at least a few thousand gold we can scrape up, if we need to. However, I can assure you that you will be fully compensated over time, once our industry is re-established. I offer you ten thousand gold, in addition to what we can get you immediately. And of course, anything you find, you can keep."

He looks at the party, his eyes full of both worry and hope.

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 06:08 PM
Before the carriages depart, Drangeer comments on the man's opinion of heroes.
Well, it seems someone needed a hero on the playground.

Bluydee
2014-08-27, 06:25 PM
Cassius looks at Drangeer strangely, and not because of the tentacles.

"What is this, "playground"? Is it a metaphor for war?"

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 06:27 PM
To have such a cynical view, you clearly gotten picked on when you were a kid. Wish I'd been there. Abuses of strength are an afront to Kord.

SwordChucks
2014-08-27, 07:26 PM
Dexter updates his map based on the mayor's before turning to his fellows.

Sorting out the mess in the forest gets my vote and I'm ready to leave when the rest of you are. I'll be waiting in the church while you prepare.

r2d2go
2014-08-27, 07:54 PM
You walk to the church, only a minute's walk away. As you enter, you find that others people seem to be filtering in - but the moment they see you, they step aside to let you through (some after a brief moment of staring in awe). The priest, upon seeing you, bows deeply, then steps to the side of a podium. "A sincere welcome to our humble church. Would you like to speak a few words?" He gestures towards the podium, on which is a small, cracked crystal protected by an iron cage.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-27, 08:39 PM
Velik detects the thoughts of each of the attendees, having refreshed the duration upon arrival. I will certainly help. My first instinct would be to destroy the undead immediately. However, both problems will need addressed as soon as possible. Which task do each of you feel best suited to handle first?

r2d2go
2014-08-27, 09:01 PM
Most of the nobles present have similar thoughts to the Mayor - they simply want the best for their town, and at the moment that involves doing their absolute best to get the party to help. On the other hand, a few are already thinking of plans. Each is shielding their thoughts with distracting rambling about political issues, but you can make out a few. Luckily (or perhaps unluckily), the only one you can really make out is plotting against the party. The jumbled mess is difficult to make out, but you get the idea he is working for someone from another town, with their own heroes, due to a combination of threats and bribery. Another one, you can read, but his distractions are too strong for you to get anything more than good intentions for the town, but not necessarily for you. The last one manages to completely shield his mind, the spell outright failing against him.

Sense Motive:[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
Bluff:[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
Will Save:[roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

SwordChucks
2014-08-27, 10:24 PM
Uh, me? Oh no I just came by to pray for my fallen friends. Please, pretend I'm not here.

Knowledge (religion) + insight: [roll0]
Specifically trying to find out which god the temple is dedicated to, if there are any traditions I need to follow, and what that cracked crystal is.

r2d2go
2014-08-27, 10:46 PM
The priest looks apologetic, explaining the situation. "In our church, we pay our respects to the gods of those who bring us prosperity - heroes, like you. However, there has not been a hero in... many years, and we have thus not had a god to worship. We simply prayed for more to come. You are our godsend. Many here are praying to, how is it said... Kaerixen, the god your ally spoke of. But, if you will not spread your god's word, then we shall continue to pray."

As promised, the people begin to pray, holding various trinkets or symbols. You notice that several are directed towards you. After a moment, the priest returns to the podium, singing a hymn, his soothing voice slightly amplified.

There's no real rules - it's simply a peaceful place to pray. The crystal is a voice-amplification crystal, but it is partially broken.

Arjhan
2014-08-28, 09:47 PM
I believe that this disruption of the animals is some sort of magical pro-nature phenomenon. As such I propose we establish a threat to natural processes in this area. I think with about ten strong woodcutters we could fell enough from the edge of the forest to start a good sized bonfire. We would be providing protection of coarse, as we need to catch them once they come to put it out, whatever they are. This is just the beat idea I have had, and it lets us use fire to solve our problems!

r2d2go
2014-08-28, 10:28 PM
The mayor looks at you in partial shock, then gathers himself and speaks. "As much as eliminating threats would be appreciated, the objective is to free the forest so we can get our lumber production back on track. Burning it down would be... detrimental to our objectives."

Arjhan
2014-08-28, 10:42 PM
But sir we only need to burn a part of the forest that closest to the edge. Which would also give you a bit more farmland when we're done.

r2d2go
2014-08-28, 10:44 PM
The mayor considers for a moment, then sighs. "We're too far away to make the best use of the fertile ground left. I suppose if it's only a small section, though, it might work... I'll send the woodsmen to meet with you when you leave, if no better alternative is presented."

Nightraiderx
2014-08-29, 12:37 PM
"eh guys I'll be in the tavern a bit. This is a bit too much for me, let me know when we are leaving."

Henry and Orion go back into the tavern and Henry orders a large Ale to chug down.

r2d2go
2014-08-29, 04:53 PM
Henry walks into the tavern, and immediately, conversation stops. As he orders his drink, the bartender refuses payment, handing him a huge tankard of the tavern's best. Conversation slowly resumes, but when the bartender sees Henry trying to drown his sorrows, he pulls a locked steel case from a cabinet. He unlocks it, and pulls out a tiny bottle, less than an ounce in size. He pours a thimbleful into a second tankard of ale, and hands it to Henry. "Here. It'll drown your sorrows and better." Several townspeople stare at the tiny bottle, then quickly return to their drinks.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-29, 08:56 PM
I propose we interrogate some animals to get more information. We just need to gently capture one of these bewitched fellows and we can hopefully convince them to help us.

r2d2go
2014-08-29, 09:06 PM
"You can speak with them?" The mayor looks impressed, then nods his head. "That would work well. We might be able to catch one, though they seem to only defend the forest... I'll send the woodsmen regardless, though if you could protect them that would be ideal." A note is scribbled and a crank turned, and a faint beam of light enters the room. A moment later, the mayor lights a lantern, and its light beams out a now-opened window. "If you'll meet them at the city gates, they'll lead you. Best of luck." He points out the city gates on the map before rolling it up and dismissing the nobles.

firebrandtoluc
2014-08-30, 11:48 PM
Indeed, if Kaerixen allows. Velik spreads his arms in salutation and turns to head out. He whispers to the absent group members and explains the plan so far as he walks to the town gates. Straight to business!

Nightraiderx
2014-08-31, 12:02 AM
Indeed, if Kaerixen allows. Velik spreads his arms in salutation and turns to head out. He whispers to the absent group members and explains the plan so far as he walks to the town gates. Straight to business!

By that time Henry has drank himself far too deep. "izzzat you Velicks?" he slurs speaking outloud. "C'cmon Orion, big buddy, let's gooo." He guides Orion towards the town gates, the drakkensteed partially carrying him towards the gates. "ssso ya wanna talk to the big furry anaimals?!! I can do zat!"
Henry makes a loud burp.

r2d2go
2014-08-31, 02:50 AM
Velik, an incredibly drunk Henry, and any that follow are brought to the edge of the forest. The woodsmen there lead the party along a road to the forest, walking for a few hours (partially sobering up Henry, but certainly not fully). Once there, the woodsmen set up several traps, explaining that they are of a design they've used to successfully trap several of the animals that have harassed the town in the past, except with the lethal portion removed. They sit by the stumps of huge trees, apparently used as worktables... only to hear a growl, and then crashing foliage.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w

t
T
T

w
w

t
T
T
D

w
w
w

t
t

w
w

w
w

t

w
w

R
R

S

w
w

R
C

t

w
w

D

w
w

t

V

t

w
w
w

t
T
T

w
w

t
T
T

w
w

t
t
t

w
w
w

w = woods
t = townsperson (woodsman)
T = table tree
C = Cassius
V = Velik
D = Drangeer
D = Dexter
S = Scorpio
H = Henry
R = Raptor (dead)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]

[roll27], [roll28], [roll29], [roll30], [roll31]
[roll32]

[roll33], [roll34], [roll35], [roll36], [roll37]
[roll38]

[roll39], [roll40], [roll41]

You manage to spot your enemies - a huge raptor with razor-sharp talons, a black bear, and a dire wolf, though you can't react fast enough to stop the raptor from crashing into you with a leaping pounce.

I'll be putting up a map in a bit, then everyone can choose a coordinate (I need Cassius, mostly).
Henry - You're pretty dang drunk still. Not enough to really stop you but you have a -1 penalty to dodge AC :smalltongue:

Cassius and some enemies are in the surprise round. Order is Cassius, Scorpio, Velik, Dexter, Drangeer, Henry.

r2d2go
2014-08-31, 08:49 PM
A dinosaur even larger than Drangeer pounces out of the forest, crashing into Cassius and knocking him into the ground. It goes into a frenzy, clawing and biting - he manages to deflect a bite and a claw, but a second claw gouges a deep wound across the chest, while the creature's tail pierces his shoulder. Suddenly, he feels his wounds numbing. While he manages to ignore the poison spreading in his chest, his arm begins to go slightly limp, moving sluggishly as the nerves begin to slow.

Cassius takes 29 damage and [roll0] dex damage. Also, you're prone.

Bluydee
2014-09-01, 11:52 AM
Cassius grits his teeth, feeling slower than usual. He raises his shield, and with all his strength he attempts to bash the dinosaur straight in the head.

I declare a stunning bash.

Shield tohit: [roll0]
Shield Damage: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-09-01, 01:00 PM
Cassius, despite his awkward position and his numbed arm, manages to smash the raptor solidly over the head as it bites. The huge beast stumbles back, momentarily stunned by the powerful blow.

[roll0]

It's stunned :smalltongue: I assume you're standing up with your move action? If so, you might want to put these things as an if-then statement in your post, it makes things go a bit faster. I'm going to have the animals move in a bit, in any case you get another turn because that was the surprise round :smallbiggrin:

Arjhan
2014-09-01, 03:52 PM
Starting in O6 on my turn cast quickened acid spray [roll0] [roll1] then twin scorching ray [roll2] [roll3]
Four rays arc from Scorpio's finger towards the raptor. Once he recovers and notices his ally being mauled.

r2d2go
2014-09-01, 10:34 PM
Scorpio's blast of flame scorches the huge raptor inside and out, leaving it just barely alive. It screeches at him, its voice raspy and weak, but can do nothing.

SwordChucks
2014-09-01, 10:59 PM
Drawing his bow, Dexter moves away from the tree stump and fires a blunt arrow at the raptor.

Move to (M2)
Attack+ insight: [roll0]
Damage+ skirmish: [roll1]

Vhaidara
2014-09-01, 11:07 PM
Drangeer laughs aloud as battle is joined.
Come here, my little beasties! Papa Drangeer's got a hug for you!
His tentacles and fists lash out at the raptors, attempting to secure a grip.

Unarmed Stike at L7, 1 tentacle at L6, the other at M6
Unarmed Strike
Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]
Grapple: [roll4]
Grapple Damage: [roll5]

Tentacle 1
Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Crit: [roll9]
Grapple: [roll10]
Grapple Damage: [roll11]

Tentacle 2
Attack: [roll12]
Crit: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Crit: [roll15]
Grapple: [roll16]
Grapple Damage: [roll17]

r2d2go
2014-09-01, 11:13 PM
Dexter fires a blunt arrow, trying to subdue the beast, but his fingers slip as he knocks the arrow, and ends up dry-firing the bow. Normally, nothing would happen... but with his enhanced force bow, it smashes into the ground, startling the already-fearful woodsman beside him. However, he seems more awed, perhaps assuming that it was intentional. Then, Drangeer easily crushes the life out of the weakened raptor, killing it. One woodsman manages a weak laugh at a mention of "Papa Drangeer", but a co-worker elbows him and he snaps his mouth shut, turning red.

[roll0], [roll1]

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-02, 12:07 AM
Velik moves towards the raptor and calls upon Kaerixen for aid. Lord protect and guide us.
Move to M6
Cast Prayer
we get +1 luck bonus to hit, damage, saves, and checks
they get -1 luck bonus to hit, damage, saves, and checks
from M6 the area is enough to hit all the woodsmen and adjacent tiles

r2d2go
2014-09-02, 02:12 AM
The woodsman say the prayer as well, almost echoing Velik, looking at him with hope.

You see that the wolf and the bear are starting to retreat into the forest.

Nightraiderx
2014-09-02, 10:28 AM
Placing me at M-7, M-8 with Orion carrying my drunk ass.

Henry talks out to the wolf and bear, "Ssso what's the big deal? I do hope we can talk about this peacefully."
Looks over to the dead Raptor, "Lest you guys end up like your birdy frend." Henry hiccups having Orion turn him actually towards
the Bear and Wolf.

r2d2go
2014-09-02, 03:56 PM
The bear continues running, completely ignoring you, while the wolf stops for a moment to snarl a response before running as well. "The master will see to you! He will keep our forest alive!"

[roll0]

Nightraiderx
2014-09-02, 06:44 PM
Henry hiccups. "so that wolf said something about the 'master' of these animals will see us and something about keeping the forest alive..." Henry begins to sober up, "Orion and I will follow the wolf and bear and see where they are headed. perhaps the towns people know something about any thing peculiar with the forest?"

r2d2go
2014-09-02, 07:11 PM
One of the woodsman stands up, not so awed as the rest of the group (and apparently the one who laughed at "Papa Drangeer" earlier), saying "Yes, actually, a townsperson does know." He gets smacked by a co-worker again, but continues. "Everything was fine up until a few months ago. Then the unusual attacks started, and we haven't been back since. Too dangerous." He coughs, and sits back down.

SwordChucks
2014-09-02, 09:34 PM
Dexter takes out a wand from his belt and walks to Cassius.

Let's see if I can patch you up.

UMD + inspiration: [roll0]
If 20+ then use two charges: [roll1]+[roll2]

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-02, 10:17 PM
Be careful Henry. This Master fellow may have many flying allies. Velik casts a spell on Cassius. Kaerixen wants you in tip top shape. He looks at the body of the raptor. Blessed be all the creatures. Meek and strong. as he speaks he spreads his arms in blessing. Those were some nice hits friends. Now, shall we follow Orion?

Cast Minor Rejuvenation
Gives fast healing 1 for ten rounds.
I will cast it again in a minute.

r2d2go
2014-09-02, 11:37 PM
Those who follow Orion trudge through the forest for several long minutes undisturbed. Then, you reach a clearing, where a man almost the same size as Drangeer meditates peacefully upon a moss-covered boulder. Across his lap lays a long, gnarled staff, tipped with a glowing emerald, and woodland creatures sleep both around him and atop him. However, an instant later, he turns to glare at the party, and the animals scatter. He stands up, his feet shaking the ground, and begins to speak in an accusatory, rumbling voice.

He seems to be speaking some dialect of Giant, and as such you can make out a few of his words. He speaks of “murderers” and “dead ones”, and he is mourning his “dear friends”.

Vhaidara
2014-09-03, 09:21 AM
Drangeer attempts to match the dialect, filling words in from Giant when that fails.
<Giant> We killed only those that attacked us.

r2d2go
2014-09-03, 12:40 PM
The man growls, responding in kind. He gestures towards the party, still angry, but somewhat less so.
The giant points towards you, attempting to mimic your giant. "New. Many moons killed friends." He points a finger at you again, saying "With murderers."

Drangeer should probably make a diplomacy check if he doesn't want to fight.

Vhaidara
2014-09-03, 01:04 PM
Drangeer shakes his head.
<Giant> I am no murderer, though I cannot speak for these woodsmen.
However, knowing his lack of skill with words, he readies himself for a fight.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Nightraiderx
2014-09-03, 02:48 PM
Henry looks at Drangeer, to the old man and back at Drangeer. "What are you two talking about?"
He sees Drangeer take a defensive stance, and follows suit, marking Drangeer as his ward.

Dragneer you can add +3 dodge bonus and cover (20% miss chance) as long as you stay within 5 feet of me.

r2d2go
2014-09-03, 04:02 PM
The huge man slams his staff on the ground, making it begin to glow, then growls a warning in Giant.

"You not murderer? Leave."

Put yourself anywhere J through T, pretty much. If you have to attack through forest, the target has Cover. You can go elsewhere, but it'd be walking there after the guy notices the party.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
S
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

H

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

H
C

w
D
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

D

V
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

G

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

G = Giant Druid
B = Elemental
D = Drangeer
H = Henry/Orion
D = Dexter
V=Velik
C = Cassius

Vhaidara
2014-09-03, 04:39 PM
<Giant> I am no murderer, but neither will I abandon these men.
His stance shifts from simply preparatory to a full combat stance.
<Giant> For I am Drangeer Bonecrusher, defender of the weak and servant of The Celestial Brawler!

And now for the REAL social skill
Intimidate: [roll0]

EDIT: Also, G10

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-03, 05:35 PM
Velik steps behind a tree and says a Prayer. May the Lord's Breath send those boulders elsewhere.

Cast Prayer
+1(luck) to hit, damage, saves, skill checks for allies
-1(luck) to the same for enemies.
Hide [roll0]

Nightraiderx
2014-09-03, 08:12 PM
Positioned at F10, F11 on Orion as usual

"I'm guessing he didn't listen." Henry also prepares for battle.

r2d2go
2014-09-04, 11:46 PM
The giant glares again at the party, and steps off the boulder, slamming his staff on the ground. The boulder rises, standing to a full twelve feet tall, forming a somewhat humanoid upper body with five feet of shifting earth as its base. It slams huge fists into Henry and Orion, so massive that even his magically enhanced armor was not enough to deflect the blow.

Henry, you're targeted by an attack, so is Orion. If yours goes through it's 19 damage, if Orion's does it's 20, and both hit if you don't do anything fancy. I think you're flat footed, though, since you haven't acted yet.

Elemental (just acted), Dexter, Velik, Scorpio, Druid, Cassius, Drangeer, Henry. Dexter, Velik and Scorpio can act whenever.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6], [roll7]
[roll8], [roll9]

Arjhan
2014-09-04, 11:50 PM
I really don't see the problem with killing a few little animals.
J2

SwordChucks
2014-09-05, 12:47 AM
5ft step to (L5). Swift action to activate blurring armor. Use human racial to move bonus skill points to Knowledge: the planes (no action listed for that). Full round action for Insightful Strike.

After barking a command Dex's outline begins to waver. His shaking form sidesteps to the edge of the treeline and he takes careful aim at the rock beast before firing a blast of energy from his bow.

Knowledge (nature)+insight: [roll0]
Knowledge (the planes)+insight: [roll1]
Attack+insight: [roll2]
Sonic/Force Damage: [roll3]
Knowledge Devotion adds +2 to damage

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-05, 02:54 AM
Do not underestimate the Breath of the Lord!
Set Human Feat to Empower Spell
Free action to use Divine Spell Power [roll0]
Free action to use Great Surge +3 CL, +3 motes
Cast Empowered Fireball
Centered around D7ish
Damage depending on Divine Spell Power
-if 8-9 [roll1]
-if 10-12 add [roll2]
-if 13+ add another [roll3]
Multiply total damage by 1.5
Save DC is 19
Forest is in flames... oops :smalltongue:
For my move action... I hide behind another tree at K9. Hide [roll4]

Nightraiderx
2014-09-05, 06:58 AM
[QUOTE=r2d2go;18060296]The giant glares again at the party, and steps off the boulder, slamming his staff on the ground. The boulder rises, standing to a full twelve feet tall, forming a somewhat humanoid upper body with five feet of shifting earth as its base. It slams huge fists into Henry and Orion, so massive that even his magically enhanced armor was not enough to deflect the blow.

Henry, you're targeted by an attack, so is Orion. If yours goes through it's 19 damage, if Orion's does it's 20, and both hit if you don't do anything fancy. I think you're flat footed, though, since you haven't acted yet.

I checked the rolls and my AC is..... a bit higher than that. Also Flat footed makes minimal impact on my AC what was the bonus the attacks that were aimed to hit me? I forgot to add the feat but I took share soulmeld feat so Orion's AC is +2 higher from the wormtail belt (+2 Natural armor bonus) as long as he is within 5 feet.
I also made Dragneer my ward before battle which should give me a +3 dodge bonus to AC (unless you are ignoring that cause FF). All that aside my AC should still be
24/25 or so, I can't check it but will update with what I do with my turn in a moment.

Arjhan
2014-09-05, 05:56 PM
Move to D2. Then cast acid splash [roll0] [roll1] and then twined scorching ray [roll2] [roll3] all at the giant.
Scorpio darts form one tree to another before firing off a pair of rays.

r2d2go
2014-09-05, 06:41 PM
Dexter and Velik assault their enemies, Dexter's sonic bow shattering a large chunk of the elemental's torso while Velik's fireball scorches the area. Then, Scorpio fires off a devastating blast of eldritch fire... only to have his spell deflected by a shimmering ward of force. A tree begins to move, its trunk separating into two legs, and steps out of the forest, bearing a heavy wooden shield. He glares at Scorpio, half enraged by the burning forest, half fearful of such a powerful fiery blast. The giant dashes towards him, standing in front of the living tree, taking cover in its shield. Then, he begins to chant, and a second elemental rises out of the ground near Scorpio.

The second elemental is somewhat smaller than the first, and made less menacing as its body is composed of clay and dirt from the forest floor rather than the crushing boulders of the first. However, it immediately steps towards Scorpio and attempts to crush him, and it becomes clear that it is nearly as dangerous as its ally - the first lumbering fist shakes the trees as it smashes into the ground where Scorpio had been a moment prior, while the second slams the spellblade into a tree, cracking ribs.

Scorpio, take 21 damage.

The new guy is on the same initiative as the giant, and already acted. Everyone who hasn't acted can go now.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
S

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

H

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

H
C

w
D
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

D

V
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

G
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

T = Treant-guy
G = Giant Druid
B = Elemental
E = Elemental #2
D = Drangeer
H = Henry/Orion
D = Dexter
V = Velik
C = Cassius
S = Scorpio

Vhaidara
2014-09-05, 09:52 PM
Drangeer steps forward, attempting to grab hold of the elemental in front of him.
Someone get that giant!

5 ft step to I7 (you cleared it on the previous map, not the recent one)
Full attack with tentacles against the elemental
Tentacle 1

Tentacle 2
Attack: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Crit: [roll9]
Grapple: [roll10]
Grapple Damage: [roll11]

r2d2go
2014-09-06, 06:19 PM
Grapple: [roll0]

Drangeer grabs hold of the elemental, crushing it with his mighty tentacles. It seems to ignore the attack, its body cracking slightly with the pressure but remaining mostly unharmed - however, it cannot escape his grasp.

How exactly do your attacks work? Does the grapple only apply if the attack hits?

Nightraiderx
2014-09-09, 02:07 AM
I have Orion bring me over to the Giant and I use my speak with animals to yell at him,
"Do not bother running away, if you so dare to move from that spot I will hunt you down!"
I thrust my Ransuer before hit face, goading him silently.

Moved to D-9/E-9 (Used Orion's double move to maneuver safely around the elementals
Intimidate [roll0]
WILL DC 17 save to not get provoked

r2d2go
2014-09-09, 01:10 PM
[roll0]

The giant hesitates, glaring at Henry, then gives in to the goading. However, he simply responds with a swipe with his staff towards the lesser elemental, and it begins to turn towards Henry. The boulder-encased elemental, on the other hand, simply attempts to attack its assailant, smashing Drangeer with its huge fists. One is easily avoided, but the second deals solidly strikes the Jotun, crunching bone.

Drangeer, take 16 damage.

SwordChucks
2014-09-09, 06:38 PM
Move to (L8) and fire at the giant.

Dexter slides into position directly across from the giant and looses a bolt of energy towards him.
I'm sorry it had to happen this way.

Attack+insight:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

r2d2go
2014-09-09, 11:29 PM
The treant looks sadly at Dexter, as if in agreement. Then, he shoves the giant behind him, taking the shot onto himself. He grimaces, eyes full of remorseful resolve, staring back at Dexter.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
S

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

C

w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

D

V
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

D
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

H
H

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

B = Elemental
E = Elemental #2
D = Drangeer
H = Henry/Orion
D = Dexter
V = Velik
C = Cassius
S = Scorpio

Arjhan
2014-09-10, 12:12 AM
cast shatter on the Earth elemental. [roll0]
Back in the ground you!

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-10, 03:10 AM
Cast Fireball
Centered at B/C, 5/6 will hit all the bad guys and none of the good guys
-if 8-9 [roll1]
-if 10-12 add [roll2]
-if 13-15 add [roll3]
-if 16-18 add [roll4]
-if 19+ add [roll5]
Save DC is 17

For my move action I hide behind another tree at K4. Hide [roll6]
And because I forgot to roll it last round, I am sickened for [roll7] more rounds.

In case of spells my counterspell is:
DC is 11+caster level
Roll is [roll8]

Velik dashes between the trees, launching more fire at the enemy.
Surrender now, and know the Lord is merciful.

r2d2go
2014-09-10, 02:44 PM
The treant looks wide-eyed at the fireball, then looks to the party in resignation. The flames scorch the area, causing the giant to crumple to the ground, while the treant grimaces in pain. He prepares to launch a final attack, when you all hear a tiny, childlike cough. The treant looks behind him in shock, and you all see what seems to be a treant sapling, just out of the range of the fireball but not far enough to avoid the spreading smoke and fire. The larger treant runs, not towards the party as seemed to be his original intention, but back to the sapling, putting up his shield and pushing the sapling back. He whispers something, and the sapling runs.

The treant's around 10 feet to the right of the map now.

Also, Scorpio, I'm gonna assume you're targeting the bigger elemental, since it's the rocky one :smalltongue:

Henry, take 25

The smaller earth elemental emotionlessly continues its task, charging towards Henry. He just barely deflects the first blow, Velik's prayer granting him strength and draining it from the elemental. However, the second blow strikes true, though Henry's massive plate protects him from the worst of the otherwise devastating strike.

[roll0], [roll1]

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 02:58 PM
Drangeer grimaces as the beast strikes him, but proceeds to begin crushing the elemental with his tentacles.

Grapple check to pin
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-09-10, 03:11 PM
[roll0]

Drangeer manages to pin the elemental, immobilizing it with his tentacles. His crushing force continues to somewhat crack the stone, but much of the damage is ignored as the elemental gazes at Drangeer without emotion.

Nightraiderx
2014-09-12, 09:19 PM
Henry grunts retaliating and stabbing the earth elemental with his ransuer as he directs Orion to also attack the elemental.

Henry's Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Orion's Attack
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

r2d2go
2014-09-12, 10:03 PM
Henry's attack merely glances off the elemental, but Orion's attack seems to work somewhat better. However, the scratches he makes are barely noticed by the hulking being.

The elemental struggles to free himself from Drangeer's grasp, managing to muster the strength to break free of the pin before stepping towards his ally.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
S

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
E
E

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

C

w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

B
B

D

V
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w

D
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

H
H

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w
w

B = Elemental
E = Elemental #2
D = Drangeer
H = Henry/Orion
D = Dexter
V = Velik
C = Cassius
S = Scorpio

SwordChucks
2014-09-12, 11:54 PM
Move to (K4) and fire at the smaller elemental. This is the third of five rounds for my blurring enchanment.

Dexter runs along the tree line before firing at the smaller elemental.

Attack+insight: [roll0]
Force/sonic damage: [roll1]
Skirmish damage: [roll2](only half of this applies to the elementals)
Total damage: 10

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-13, 02:40 AM
Time for... another lesson
Free action to use Spirit Surge with 5% chance of sickening [roll1]
Cast Sculpted Fireball
Centered at D/E, 5/6 and sculpted into a 30 foot high, 10 foot radius column
-if 8-9 [roll2]
-if 10-12 add [roll3]
-if 13+ add [roll4]
Save DC is 19

For my move action I hide behind yet another tree at K9. Hide [roll5]

In case of spells my counterspell is:
DC is 11+caster level
Roll is [roll6]

Velik dashes back the other direction. A pillar of flame erupts between the elementals.

r2d2go
2014-09-13, 06:06 PM
Dexter's enhanced bow pierces the elementals defenses, leaving a small hole through its torso. A moment later, Velik's pillar of fire scorches both elementals, but the larger one seems to shrug off the attack. However, the smaller one seems to be considerably slowing after all the damage it has taken.

The bigger elemental has SR, I've just been using your CL check for dispel but now that a spell has failed you know it's resisting things.

Arjhan
2014-09-14, 11:33 PM
Get out of my face.
Cast quickened acid splash, lesser orb of acid eldrich blast targeting the elemental in front of me. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

r2d2go
2014-09-14, 11:37 PM
The smaller earth elemental has a large chunk of it's body corroded by Scorpio's acidic assault, but it ignores him and walks towards Henry. It's first attack misses without Henry even moving to respond, the huge fist slamming into the ground three feet away from Orion as the holes in its body make it unstable. However, the second strikes Henry soundly, and though the brunt of the impact is absorbed by his armor, he is bruised by the attack.

Henry, take 12 damage (7 after DR).

Henry, Cassius, Keledrath are up.

Nightraiderx
2014-09-17, 01:40 AM
Henry barely flinches at the slam as he directs Orion to attack once again.
Henry leans foward hoping for a hit.

Henry Attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]

Henry Damage
[roll2]
[roll3]

Any hits heal henry for 5 hp

Orion Attack
[Roll]1d20+8[Roll]

Orion Damage
[roll4]

r2d2go
2014-09-17, 11:06 AM
Henry's halberd attack cleaves into the huge elemental, but his attack is mostly superficial. Orion has a better time, gouging deep wounds in weak areas, causing the elemental to stumble.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

Vhaidara
2014-09-17, 04:53 PM
Drangeer makes another attempt to contain the beast, snarling as he does so.

Grapple to Pin: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-09-17, 05:01 PM
The huge elemental falls again under Drangeer's might, stone beginning to crack, but struggles again to break free. He manages to lift Drangeer into the air, and slams him down with a mighty smash.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Drangeer takes 22 damage.

Dexter, Scorpio and Velik are up again.

SwordChucks
2014-09-17, 06:06 PM
Dexter moves through the tree line to find a spot to target the smaller elemental before firing.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Skirmish:[roll2]
15 damage total

r2d2go
2014-09-17, 07:44 PM
Dexter just manages to strike the elemental, creating another hole through it's earthen body. With that final blow, the earth elemental collapses, no longer able to stand, then melds into the ground.

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-20, 01:26 PM
Velik moves over beside Drangeer and heals his wounds.

Move action to get behind Drangeer
Cast Cure Serious Wounds for [roll0]

Arjhan
2014-09-20, 03:15 PM
Drangeer get this over with already we have a forest to burn.
Scorpio then proceeds to fire off a series of missiles at the rock elemental.
magic missile the elemental [roll0] [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-09-21, 02:39 AM
Velik's healing restores a good deal of Drangeer's wounds, while Scorpio blasts a chunk of the rock elemental to nothingness.

Drangeer, Cassius (if he's still here), and Henry are up.

Nightraiderx
2014-09-21, 01:01 PM
Henry urges Orion to fly up a bit, trying to see if he could mark where the giant was

Spot Check: [roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-09-22, 10:23 AM
Drangeer snarls as the massive creature strikes back at him, but feels power surge through him as Velik heals him. He squeezes with all his might.

Well, since I still have the pin, I don't think there's even a grapple roll involved here.
Damage: [roll0]

r2d2go
2014-09-22, 01:15 PM
Actually he escaped the pin (that's how he attacked), sorry I didn't specify. I'll roll the grapple for you.

[roll0], [roll1]

Keledrath grapples with the elemental for six long seconds, struggling back and forth before finally pinning it to the ground and crushing it with his mighty tentacles.

SwordChucks
2014-09-24, 12:48 AM
Dexter removes his pack and moves to hand it to Henry.

I have seven waterskins in my pack. You can try to pour them on the fire and I'll freeze where you miss.

That's 4.5 gallons of water but I have no idea what that will do to a forest fire. Probably not much.

Nightraiderx
2014-09-24, 07:32 AM
"Hopefully this works..." Henry swoops down on Orion's back and grabs the waterskins and flies back up, dumping the contents of
the waterskins on the fire, while looking to see if there are any lakes nearby.

Spot Check: [roll0]

r2d2go
2014-09-24, 10:59 AM
Henry's fire-fighting efforts help to a degree, but the waterskins are too small to do more than prevent further spreading. Unfortunately, the nearest water source is a river a few miles away.

firebrandtoluc
2014-09-24, 07:00 PM
The fight is won. Flames of battle abate. Velik calls upon holy power to turn the flames to smoke. Rest now. After several incantations, when the flames have died down conpletely, he walks over to the body of the giant and starts to prepare a ritual.

SwordChucks
2014-09-25, 08:51 PM
Dexter says "Anyone need healing?" while retrieving his pack and wand.

Vhaidara
2014-09-25, 09:16 PM
As the elemental collapses, Drangeer's muscles bulge larger, some of his bruises fading
A touch of magic would not go amiss with my wounds, though it seems my ancestry grows stronger still!

No actual healing occurred, but I took Durable Form, which increased my max HP by 2/aberration feat. Having 5, I got +10, which means I am significantly higher in percentage HP

r2d2go
2014-09-26, 12:11 PM
As the party recovers, you notice that two of the scorched trees suddenly begin to move. They regrow, glowing green and regenerating branches, twisting them into a vaguely humanoid shape. A moment later, a feminine form, made of branches and the same glowing aura, stands before you. Her voice sounds like the whispering wind, but her words seem to carry great power, matching the gods you've heard.

"Hm. You have defeated my champion, but... I sense no malice in your hearts. A shame..."

She puts her hand to the forest floor, and a green crystal, similar to the one topping the druid's staff, appears. As she does this, the druid's staff grows dark, and his body sinks into the forest floor.

"Thank you for your rights, priest, but I shall take care of his journey from here. Take this crystal, and perhaps next time we meet, we shall have more amicable relations. Remember it..."

With that, the branches untwist and the glow dissipates, and she is gone. In her place, the crystal begins to glow, and seems to carry a fraction of her presence.

A moment later, several woodsmen sprint towards you, following your path. One looks like he's about to shout something, then his mouth snaps shut as he sees Velik's bulging muscles, crushed trees, shattered rock and other signs of the battle. He mutters something like a prayer, then asks meekly "Erm, if you're not busy, could you come back to the edge of the forest? Some animals attacked us - I think they stopped, but..." He glances back. "If you can heal, we might need it."

r2d2go
2014-09-28, 09:25 PM
Those who return with the woodsmen (presumably after healing them) find the townspeople eagerly awaiting your return. The looks on the faces of woodsmen tell them what they need to hear, apparently, as they start cheering as you walk back. The mayor waits with a half-concealed smile on his face, surrounded by what you assume are nobles. "So, the woods are safe?"

The one who was plotting against the party and the town is present, and appears to be smiling, but with what you know you can tell he's less than pleased.

Can I get a check in on the OoC thread, so I know who's here? :smalltongue:

SwordChucks
2014-09-29, 05:00 AM
Dexter spends charges from his wand to cure any hurt woodsmen and a charge from his belt to patch up Drangeer.

[roll0] HP for Drangeer.

Let me know how many charges I need to spend so I can mark them off.

SwordChucks
2014-10-01, 03:08 PM
Well, the woods are safer but I still wouldn't want to go in there alone.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-01, 06:45 PM
A shame we had to harm nature, I dislike doing that but hopefully relative peace comes to the forest. If there are more animals maybe I can speak with them? Henry shifted nervously.

r2d2go
2014-10-01, 07:28 PM
The mayor smiles, speaking with obvious relief. "We've dealt with regular animals fairly well... if you've dealt with the unnatural ones, we'll be fine. We might be able to get one for you to, er, talk to, as well... In any case, thank you kindly for your help."

He takes a small leather bag one of his attendants and turns to you. "We've managed to gather a small reward for you - it's not much, but now that the woods are safe, the town should prosper once again. There should be around five thousand gold pieces worth of various gems and such in there... you can use it in The Tavern to improve your equipment, if needed."

He passes the bag to the party, and smiles again. "We'll have to cook something up in your honor tonight - once you rest and get your equipment in The Tavern, of course."

Whenever the party returns to The Tavern, the green crystal seems to glow somewhat brighter, and the number 1 etches itself into the wall. On the other side, a 10000 appears in a similar manner, and then the mayor's gems begin to levitate into the air. With a soft popping noise, the bag and gems disappear, the number 10000 becomes 15000, and the green crystal floats back down.

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-02, 06:43 PM
Velik addresses the crowd. The woods are safe for you to enter. However, be sure the woods are safe from you. I have a feeling that your troubles were a result of unwise logging. You may have either cut down too many trees, or perhaps you felled a young Treant by mistake. he moves in amongst the woods men In any case it would be wise to respect the forest as you would a neighbor's home. If you take a tree, plant three in its place. Better yet, have you considered a tree farm? ... He continues speaking at length on the subject.

r2d2go
2014-10-02, 07:18 PM
The townspeople listen to your speaking, many jotting down notes or holding trinkets as they do. A priest from the crowd smiles, once you are done, asks, "Perhaps you would like to give a speech or two in our church? We would love to have a new speaker."

Meanwhile, the plotting-nobleman has made excuses and scampered off. You see him slip into a nearby building.

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-02, 08:55 PM
I would be delighted to share the Lord's word with you. I will head there shortly. Give me ten minutes. Velik smiles broadly. He steps towards Dexter and whispers The noble that just ducked into that building over there is plotting against the town. We should consider a plan to find out who he's working for.

r2d2go
2014-10-02, 10:04 PM
The priest smiles and the crowd disperses to prepare for church. The mayor bows his head apologetically to Velik, saying "I see we are not without fault here - I will make sure to implement what you have said. In any case, I must take my leave. Bureaucracy is like molasses, it takes an age to move through... perhaps that too, is something to work on." He gives a slight smile as he departs with the nobles, leaving the party alone.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-03, 06:18 AM
"Velik, I'd hate to interrupt your preaching, but.... I and Orion aren't feeling so hot after that battle."

Henry stumbled onto a near by bench catching his breath.

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-03, 05:02 PM
The King of Fire always makes time for champions. Velik looks around to make sure no locals are within earshot while tending to Henry and Orion's (and anyone elses) wounds. Anyone have any good ideas for how to deal with a traitorous noble?
Henry and Orion each get 40 HP back.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-04, 10:59 AM
Ah thank you, Orion thanks you for that as well," He petted the dragon's head.
"I thought idle threats of violence would keep him at bay? First time I heard of it." Henry was already at the bar, drinking a large ale cup.

SwordChucks
2014-10-04, 04:07 PM
Dexter casts message on the party and whispers the following while filling his water skins.

It goes against my nature but, I think we should gather evidence of wrong doing on the noble's part so the whole town is behind us if there's a fight. I can try to break in to the noble's study or office to collect evidence.

r2d2go
2014-10-09, 01:16 PM
The party planned out their entrance, and Velik returned to preach. After a lengthy sermon, resulting in a happy and almost entirely converted crowd, the party stood in the shadows across from the noble's house. The lamp system seen earlier was continued here, connecting from a lamp within an upstairs window to the distant city hall, as well as illuminating the sturdy dwelling. From this you could see a surrounding iron fence, now locked, and the only window other than the lamp-lit one, now barred with iron.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-09, 01:23 PM
Henry agreed to the plan and as such was offering flight support, this way he could stay out of sight and Orion was a lot quieter in the air than
on the ground. Henry makes passive spot checks to see if anything has changed.

SwordChucks
2014-10-09, 03:13 PM
Dexter exchanges his cloak and sickle with a small kit inside his haversack before binding ghostly blue organic scythes to his hands.

r2d2go
2014-10-12, 03:25 PM
After waiting a few minutes, the party can see a slight change in the window's glow - it's now tinted slightly green. Additionally, there is the faint sound of speaking - Dexter manages to pick out that they're talking about an attack on this city, while the party is gone dealing with undead. Then, after a malicious chuckle and farewell, the coloring returns to normal, and the streets are silent again.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-13, 08:44 PM
Velik prepares to cast Detect Thoughts whenever Dexter is ready to move out.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-13, 08:58 PM
Henry continues to fly around, taking breaks on roofs when Orion gets tired but staying within 100 ft or so of the noble's house.

SwordChucks
2014-10-14, 12:14 AM
Dexter takes a moment to check that his equipment is strapped securely to him and rubs dirt on the buckles of his clothes. He then looks around before carefully approaching the iron gate.

Spot (Taking ten via skill mastery): 22
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-10-15, 03:01 PM
Nothing changes for several moments as Dexter stands silently by the gate. Then, it eerily creaks open a crack, just enough for him to slip through.

SwordChucks
2014-10-15, 06:37 PM
Dexter whispers to Velik to scan the house with detect thoughts. Particularly the unbarred window. He then moves to the side of the house and ducks below a ground floor window.

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-15, 07:08 PM
Velik whispers You're very good at this. I didn't even see you touch the gate. and he begins scanning for thoughts.

Hide: 1d20+6
Move Silently: 1d20+6
Spot: 1d20+6
Listen: 1d20+6

SwordChucks
2014-10-15, 07:17 PM
Dexter whispers back "Either I got lucky or we're already in trouble. We should be quick and careful."

r2d2go
2014-10-15, 07:49 PM
Velik finds no thoughts nearby, but does hear soft footsteps, small clattering noises, the scratching of a quill on parchment, and a variety of other tiny noises coming from the unbarred window.

SwordChucks
2014-10-15, 10:13 PM
Dexter casts mage hand on the window and attempts to open it slightly.

About high up is the window and how does it open? Actually more information about the building in general would be nice.

r2d2go
2014-10-15, 10:34 PM
Dexter opens the window slightly with his magic, but nothing seems amiss.

It's a mostly wooden building, with only the two windows - one barred, ground level, facing you, and the other open, second story, about ten feet up. The building has enough handholds and footholds to make climbing it fairly simple - something like a DC 15 climb check. The roof is slanted, about 30 degrees - easy enough to walk on, but also very possible to get knocked off. Otherwise, the roof and each other side is blank.

From inside the window you can see a small room, with a desk, a chair, and not much else. The desk is covered in various writing/drawing implements, blank parchment, and scribbled writings.

SwordChucks
2014-10-16, 12:09 AM
Dexter continues concentrating on his mage hand effect to open the barred window and begins to collect the papers on the desk.

(Whispering)We can check these later. I suspect that the real evidence won't be so easy to obtain.

r2d2go
2014-10-16, 12:11 AM
Dexter quietly gathers the papers, but there is no response from the house.

SwordChucks
2014-10-16, 09:40 PM
Dexter eases the window back down and tries to climb the wall.

Climb: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

r2d2go
2014-10-16, 11:20 PM
Dexter climbs up the wall, reaching the window above with ease. However, the instant he does, a sinister laugh echoes into the night. Before he can back away, a huge, ten-foot tall beast crashes through the wall, gutting Dexter as they fall to the ground and rubble clatters onto the cobblestones. It stands and roars, and you can see that it is somewhat humanoid, but it's features have twisted to form savage, serrated claws and huge, rippling muscles.

The nobleman strides to the edge of the building, eyes glowing iridescent purple, grinning and speaking in a raspy, hissing voice overlapping with a silky politician's speech. "You weren't supposed to find us this soon, but no matter. You'll just be crushed a few days early."

His hand crackles with arcane energy, and moves in to fight.

Velik, Dexter, Drangeer, Henry, Noble, Scorpio, Beast.

Dexter takes 15 damage.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F

F

F

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
D

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
N
H

F

F

B
B

F

F

B
B

F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

D = Dexter
B = Beast
N = Noble
H = House
F = Fence
H = House (open, 10 feet up)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

firebrandtoluc
2014-10-18, 04:35 PM
Velik moves away and takes cover. Well, that isn't very subtle. He casts Prayer. Kaerixen guides fate to grant us victory.

SwordChucks
2014-10-18, 06:45 PM
Still on his back Dexter says: "I'm gonna have to ask you to turn yourselves in." before running around the side of the house.

Dexter tries to stand and moves to (P8) while drawing his morning star. If he gets attacked he'll use an immediate action to get +4 to AC.

r2d2go
2014-10-18, 10:33 PM
As Dexter runs, the beast predictably takes a swipe at him, but he manages to dodge the attack, leaping out of the way at the last moment and landing with no injury but a tear in his cloak. The noble laughs at his running, and responds, "Turn myself in? I'm just getting started!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Vhaidara
2014-10-21, 10:08 AM
With a flap of his membranous wings, Drangeer rushes towards the creature, a tentacle lashing forward.

Move in from the right side to P14.

r2d2go
2014-10-21, 12:22 PM
The beast struggles, but cannot escape Drangeer's grappling tentacles. It glares at him, swiping viciously at his throat, but for the moment is restrained.

The beast's grappled.

[roll0]

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F

F

F

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
D

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
N
H

F

F

B
B
O

F

F

B
B
O
D

F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

V

D = Dexter
B = Beast
O=Henry/Orion
D = Drangeer
V = Velik
N = Noble
H = House
F = Fence

Nightraiderx
2014-10-21, 08:27 PM
Looking below at the large beast, "It seems that we will take a dive bomb on this monster."
I push Orion onward diving down for a flying charge.

Henry's charge attack:
[roll0]

Henry's Damage X2
[roll1]

Orion's charge attack:
[ROLL]1d20+10[ROLL] 29

Orion's Damage:
[roll2]

Henry's current Ac 27
Orion's current Ac 22

r2d2go
2014-10-21, 11:20 PM
Orion and Henry make a diving charge, crashing into the beast and leaving gaping wounds - you can see that it is weakening. Then, the noble steps forward, grinning widely. "I can't have you taking down my beast, can I?" He steps backwards, and a veil of darkness fills the room he stands in. A moment later, nearly a dozen bolts of arcane energy fly out, striking Velik and Henry twice each while six slam into Drangeer.

Drangeer takes [roll0], Velik takes [roll1], and Henry takes [roll2].

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F

F

F

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
D

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
S
S
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
S
S
H

F

F

H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H

F

F

B
B
O

F

F

B
B
O
D

F

F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

V

D = Dexter
B = Beast
O = Henry/Orion
D = Drangeer
V = Velik
H = House
F = Fence
S = Shadows

N = Noble is now out of sight.

r2d2go
2014-10-28, 12:47 AM
The beast, partially restrained by the weakened Drangeer, attempts to knock him out to free itself. With a crunch, it crushes Drangeer inbetween its jaws, and he crumples. Then it turns to Henry, swiping at him twice - one claw is deflected by his shield, but the other slashes across his neck and knocks him to the floor, dazed.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Drangeer takes 17 (note that you die at -2*con), Henry takes 45 and is stunned and knocked prone (barring immediate actions).

Skipped Scorpio, his turn is delayed.

Nightraiderx
2014-10-28, 06:44 AM
Henry interposes his shield between Dragneer and the beast's first attack. "Oh no you don't!"
After tanking the blow, Henry falls off of Orion, bleeding heavily. "god damn he hits like 300 horses..."

I use the shield block manuever to up Dragneer's AC with my shield AC, burning my immediate action on him before going into stun/ knockback. Not sure what Orion would do, probably attack the beast? If he does then I'll roll for him when I get home. and also get the exact number on that AC.

SwordChucks
2014-10-28, 11:33 PM
Dexter runs from behind the corner of the house, his feet a blur as he dives between the beast's legs and swings his morning star at the creature's back.

Using a swift action to add 10' to movement speed and heading to (L13)
Knowledge checks (don't know which to use):
Dungeoneering:[roll0]
Local:[roll1]
Nature:[roll2]
Religion:[roll3]
The planes:[roll4]

Attack+insight/flanking:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6]+[roll7]

Also anyone flanking with me gets the normal +2 to hit AND a +2 to damage.

r2d2go
2014-10-28, 11:53 PM
Dexter's morningstar smashes the beast on the back, making it roar in fury. As it's eyes lock with yours, you can see its bestial rage, but also that it is slowly wearing down.

It's Knowledge (local), so you get +4.