PDA

View Full Version : Little Rascals: The double halfling

bekeleven
2014-08-22, 08:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/28f3Qvw.jpg

So, thanks to another thread, I've been thinking how you would build a halfling standing on another halfling's shoulders as a valid combat force.

The top halfling would obviously be a Halfling Outrider (possibly Fighter 2/Paladin 3 or something similarly full BAB to start).

The bottom halfling is a bit more trouble. Given that the top one is granting him 1/Round hit negation, bonuses to AC, Reflex saves, speed, etc. through halfling outrider, as well as turns in charges....

What should be bottom halfling do?

First thought: The top halfling can full-attack as long as the bottom one moves one full move or less (Full Mounted Attack). Bottom should optimize speed. Luckily he's getting +20 from outrider's Defensive Riding.

Second thought: Bottom halfling needs the belt of wide earth (or another weight mitigation) to go fast while carrying the top.

Third thought: Swarmfighting sucks with only 2 people in a square. It sounded so promising...

Hazrond
2014-08-22, 08:33 PM
-snip-

Maybe have the bottom one have levels of cleric? they have a spell that boosts movespeed and can be burned to give a boost dependant on time remaining if i remember right (it was part of a build using a warforged that ran super fast via persisting it and then burning the spell)

bekeleven
2014-08-22, 08:54 PM
Honestly you might want the bottom to just grab the sandals of light stepping for a move speed boost and the ability to ignore difficult terrain. Combined with turning charge, you've negated a large number of problems with uberchargers.

Inevitability
2014-08-23, 12:37 AM
When people ask me why this is my favorite forum, from now on I will just link them to this thread.

Fax Celestis
2014-08-23, 12:53 AM
This sounds like a job for knight!

"Say hello to my little friend!" *opens trenchcoat* "TEST OF METTLE"

Chronos
2014-08-23, 11:14 AM
Y'know, for all their other failings, monks make pretty good mounts.