PDA

View Full Version : West Private combat Rankings-Door 3

CoreBrute23
2014-08-23, 01:18 AM
Original IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367345-FAE-Super-Powereds-Freshman-Year-IC-thread&p=17987484#post17987484)

Isaac approached his door, his mind abuzz. This kid was timid but powerful. He could, perhaps, use that against him.

Isaac had always had a brain for fighting and strategy. The whole Jeesh looked to him for guidance. He was a natural schemer. He wasn't bright in the most traditional ways, about math and reading, but he was good at figuring out how to survive. How to turn a disadvantage into an advantage.

So, with his few moments of standing near his soon-to-be opponent, he decided to see what he could do before the fight even started.

He looked at the kid. "I'm gonna forfeit. But we'll give em a show, okay?" He smiled. "My power is no good for combat. I've got no shot at victory here. I want to do something more...tactical. So call this a warmup for you. I won't pull any real punches, you don't have to either. We both benefit. Sounds good?" He put his hand out to shake Noah's hand.

Isaac is going to Stealthily create an Advantage by deceiving the kid into thinking he's going to throw the fight in Noah's favor.
Rolling now...
+1, and his Sneaky approach is +3 for a total of +4.

Noah is rolling Careful +3 to see if he believes you:
4d3-8 → [3,1,1,2,-8] = (-1), (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4616271/)
So +3 -1= +2. He believes you. You create an advantage with one free invoke. I presume it’s something like, “Taking it easy on you”?
Noah is surprised by the offer. “Wow, um well if your sure.” He slowly takes your hand and shakes it. “I’m glad I won’t have to use my full power.” Both of you step inside to see…
The Combat Cell
Scene Aspects:
Concrete Walls, Unseen Referee

The room your entering is a 50ft by 50ft cube, made entirely out of concrete. It’s a sparse room, with no symbols or signs around. Before you can wonder how to know when you will start, an announcer voice begins speaking.
“Combatants, please take your positions.” It’s Professor Ellis’ voice. Glancing at the floor, you see two marks on the floor, each about 10 ft from the opposing wall.
Noah walks to his position, and starts to concentrate. To your amazement, he suddenly begins growing. In a moment he is now 12 feet tall, with proportionately larger muscles. He stops and looks at you, adopting a boxing position.
“Ready when you are.” He states.
“3, 2, 1…”

The sight of Noah growing, such obvious physical powers, might make you nervous. Consider this a social or mental attack, even though he is not consciously doing it.
He’s using Flashy at +2. Rolling: 4d3-8 → [1,3,3,2,-8] = (1)
So the total is +3 attack. Respond, then when your turn begins, combat will have started, so feel free to start wailing at him etc.

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-23, 01:22 PM
Original IC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367345-FAE-Super-Powereds-Freshman-Year-IC-thread&p=17987484#post17987484)

Noah is rolling Careful +3 to see if he believes you:
4d3-8 → [3,1,1,2,-8] = (-1), (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4616271/)
So +3 -1= +2. He believes you. You create an advantage with one free invoke. I presume it’s something like, “Taking it easy on you”?
Noah is surprised by the offer. “Wow, um well if your sure.” He slowly takes your hand and shakes it. “I’m glad I won’t have to use my full power.” Both of you step inside to see…
The Combat Cell
Scene Aspects:

The room your entering is a 50ft by 50ft cube, made entirely out of concrete. It’s a sparse room, with no symbols or signs around. Before you can wonder how to know when you will start, an announcer voice begins speaking.
“Combatants, please take your positions.” It’s Professor Ellis’ voice. Glancing at the floor, you see two marks on the floor, each about 10 ft from the opposing wall.
Noah walks to his position, and starts to concentrate. To your amazement, he suddenly begins growing. In a moment he is now 12 feet tall, with proportionately larger muscles. He stops and looks at you, adopting a boxing position.
“Ready when you are.” He states.
“3, 2, 1…”

The sight of Noah growing, such obvious physical powers, might make you nervous. Consider this a social or mental attack, even though he is not consciously doing it.
He’s using Flashy at +2. Rolling: 4d3-8 → [1,3,3,2,-8] = (1)
So the total is +3 attack. Respond, then when your turn begins, combat will have started, so feel free to start wailing at him etc.

Isaac smiled as they walked in. This was where he would start the "Show."

And then then kid grew into a tree-sized man.

Isaac will Flashily defend from the effect by joking about it.
Rolled.....a 2! (Thank you, Poseidon. My dice were rolling crap all night last night)
Gives me a total of 4. By da skin of my teeth.

Isaac smiled at the kid, his nervousness making him revert back to his Jeesh slang.
"Oi, dis Poke be bigga den a tree." His words had a rythm to them.

"Does da dangly bits get biggah too, or do ya dissapoin da laydees?" He laughed as he got into position. He winked at the kid. Just keep playing along, Noah. We're having fun, ya?

He looked at the ceiling. "Oi, mistah ceiling man. Do I gedda gun or somefin? Dis kid could kill me wit him bum!" Then he looked at Noah. "Don sit on me, ne?"

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 12:19 AM
Alright he did not succeed in his attack. It's your turn.

In the future, after defending from whatever my action is, feel free to post your own, don't wait on me to respond.

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-24, 02:59 PM
Isaac thumbed his nose. He felt more confident now.
"Time to party, friend." He smirked and threw himself at Noah, throwing a punch but not hitting him hard enough to do damage. He spun then, throwing a kick at Noah's "sensitives." With any luck, he could get a free first hit out of it, and possibly end the fight early...

Isaac is feinting for a Sneaky attack. (Pretending to throw a punch, but really taking a cheap shot)
Rolling....
+, +, -, 0 for a 1, plus the 3 to sneaky is a 4.
Im gonna go ahead and invoke the "Just Playing Along" aspect, since he is more likely to fall for the fake punch, for another +2, giving us +6. Then I'll dunk a fate point, (now I'm at 2) to chuck a +8 right at his gonads.
Hopefully im not breaking any rules. Lemme know if I am.

http://imgur.com/rdyYAb0

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 10:28 PM
Noah is forcefully defending at +2, representing him just taking the hit.
4d3-8 → [3,2,2,1,-8] = (0)
Total 2. You succeed by 6 points. So I'll take a moderate consequence "Aah my jewels!" And 2 shifts hit.

Noah screams in pain as your super strength kick makes him collapse to his knees. He's involuntarily crying. "You mother f*cker mmph!"

Suddenly he starts growing again, and as his feet extend, he lashes out, trying to kick you in the face.

forceful attack at +2.
4d3-8 → [2,3,2,2,-8] = (1)
I spend a fate point to invoke his aspect "The Freshman whose growing up…and up and up" to add 2, making a total of five. Your response than action.

Taking it easy on you in longer makes narrative sense, since you just punched him with super strength, so it's wiped from the board. good thing you've got a free invoke on his consequence.

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
"Just Playing Along" [0 Invokes left] He's not going to believe your playing along anymore.

Consequences:
Aah My jewels!-Moderate consequence on Noah [Issac 1 I]

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-25, 11:19 PM
Noah is forcefully defending at +2, representing him just taking the hit.
4d3-8 → [3,2,2,1,-8] = (0)
Total 2. You succeed by 6 points. So I'll take a moderate consequence "Aah my jewels!" And 2 shifts hit.

Noah screams in pain as your super strength kick makes him collapse to his knees. He's involuntarily crying. "You mother f*cker mmph!"

Suddenly he starts growing again, and as his feet extend, he lashes out, trying to kick you in the face.

forceful attack at +2.
4d3-8 → [2,3,2,2,-8] = (1)
I spend a fate point to invoke his aspect "The Freshman whose growing up…and up and up" to add 2, making a total of five. Your response than action.

Taking it easy on you in longer makes narrative sense, since you just punched him with super strength, so it's wiped from the board. good thing you've got a free invoke on his consequence.

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
"Just Playing Along" [0 Invokes left] He's not going to believe your playing along anymore.

Consequences:
Aah My jewels!-Moderate consequence on Noah [Issac 1 I]

Isaac seethed at his own hit. That was a pretty dirty move on his part, sure. But he was raised on the streets, where dirty moves were the only kind of move. Isaac was almost disappointed that he didn't have a shiv on him.

Oh but here came a foot. That had to be dealt with immediately.

Isaac will Quickly defend to dodge the foot. (lol this is a bad idea)
rolling.... for a +1. (I swear I'm not cheating. My luck will turn soon.)
for a 2. I don't want to invoke on his aspect yet, so....
I'll use my 2-point stress box to take the hit, plus take a mild consequence "Black Eye"

Isaac was quick enough to make it a glancing blow, but it was a glancing blow from a giant that he took right to the eye. He would be feeling that one tommorow. And for a full week thereafter.
Isaac decided that it was time to see if he couldn't get this kid's goat a second time. Who knows?

Isaac dropped like a sack of rocks when the kick hit, tried to lay his head at a weird angle, and started to "seize." A kick like that to the head was liable to break a neck, ya?

Isaac is Sneakily creating an Advantage by pretending that the kid has broken his neck or some other horribly injury.
I rolled a -1 for a total of 2.
Let's hope this works, eh?

NOTE: I tried to get a roll to work and it wierded out on me and gave me a wonky number. I probably just did it wrong.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 11:36 PM
I compel the scene aspect, 'unseen referee' for 1 fate point, so he automatically fails the roll. Realizing doing lethal harm to another student could get him kicked out, means he's terrified. The ruse is successful, get 2 free invokes on 'The Ruse'.

Noah gets to his feet slowly smirking. "Yeah, how do you like huh?" He looks down at you. "Not a lot to say now huh?" He frowns.

"Uh, hello? Guy?" He walks forward and his eyes go wide. "**** ****!" he holds his hands ove rhis mouth in fear. "Oh crap, I didn't mean to, I swear, Oh ****!" he turns around looking up at the ceiling. "Please, someone send in a healer, I think, I think, oh god." He fell to his knees. "I didn't mean to." you can't see him cause his back is turned, but you can hear sobbing.

Because your a horrible person (not that I hold that against you or anything), he skips his turn. Your move.

GM Fate pool: 1

Don't worry about the dice roller. I know it can be buggy. That's why I use invisible castle.
Invisible castle, if you want to pay me for advertising like this, I accept Bitcoin and Diet Coke.

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-25, 11:49 PM
Isaac had to move now. He had to seriously end this fight. Right here. Right now. He slowly stood while the kid freaked out. "Sorry." He mouthed, but not speaking. Noah was a good kid. Isaac was a dirty cheater. But he wasn't going to lose. He wanted to win. Had to make the Jeesh proud.

So he did what any cheater would do. He went for a cheap shot. Same spot. Let's put him on the ground this time.
Isaac placed himself and brought up his leg HARD.

Isaac will Sneakily Attack. rollin'
for another -1. Making for a 2 to start. I'll invoke "Back is turned" and "Aah, my jewels!", bringing the total up to 6.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-26, 12:09 AM
Just a note, my back is turned/The Ruse has two invokes. I'll activate the second one for you for this attack, since I doubt it'll be applicable afterwards.
Rolling Careful +3: 4d3-8+3 → [1,2,2,3,-8,3] = (3) Versus your 8...Yeah he's out like a switch.

As Noah collapses, the door opens. A healer with blue green hair walks in. He looks at the collapsed form, then at you.

"Is this the guy with a broken neck?" Pointing at Noah. He bends down and looks. "Ouch. That's not a broken neck."

"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Ellis' voice echos, with some mirth. "Issac Chapel, please exist the combat cell."

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-26, 07:55 PM
Just a note, my back is turned/The Ruse has two invokes. I'll activate the second one for you for this attack, since I doubt it'll be applicable afterwards.
Rolling Careful +3: 4d3-8+3 → [1,2,2,3,-8,3] = (3) Versus your 8...Yeah he's out like a switch.

As Noah collapses, the door opens. A healer with blue green hair walks in. He looks at the collapsed form, then at you.

"Is this the guy with a broken neck?" Pointing at Noah. He bends down and looks. "Ouch. That's not a broken neck."

"Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Ellis' voice echos, with some mirth. "Issac Chapel, please exist the combat cell."

Isaac looked up at the ceiling. "Oi! It's mistah ceiling man! Ya shooda got me dat gun, ne? Dis poke'd be in less pain, ne?" He chuckled as he walked out of the room, trying to look confident. In reality he was kinda freaked out at his own savagery. He wasn't a killer, no....but he DID know how to end a fight, that was for certain.

"What now, ceiling man?" he said with a look towards the ceiling.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 04:41 AM
There is a frustrated sigh.

"Head to the lounge and wait for your next...oh. Your opponent just finished his match. Just stay there, your opponent is on his way."

The blue-green haired healer helps Noah to his feet, helping him walk out. Noah pushes away from him, before glaring at you, and makes a gesture your sure means "I'm watching you" in the rudest possible way.

The blue green healer walks towards you, his hand surrounded by glowing water. "Just need a sec," The water touches your bruised eye, and you feel it stop hurting almost immediately. When the water flows back to him, you can see without being in pain.
Wipe your mild consequence, and clear your stress boxes. All advantages or aspects you've created are gone too.

The healer and Noah have barely left, when someone else enters. He's tall with black hair draped over his eye.

"Jude Pleiter, Issac Chapel, take your positions." Jude groans.

"Whatever you say."Then under his breath he says, "fascist." He gets in position.

"Combatants, are you ready?"

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-27, 10:28 AM
Isaac made a pained face at Noah before talking in his normal tone. "I'm so sorry, dude. I'm a rat bastard of a poke and I know it. I'll make it up to you soon. That is a genuine promise."

Once he was nice and healed, he looked up at the new kid. Looked like some of the druggies downtown. Talked like them, too.

"You know how dey be, man." He chuckled. "You're right. A bunch of fascists." Isaac had no idea what a fascist was, but agreeing with black hair over here was probably going to get him somewhere.

"I wonder what they do if we both refuse to fight, ne?"

Isaac is attempting to Stealthily create an advantage by getting the other guy to agree that they should just not fight. If not just to see what happens.
Rolled a 0. Total of 3.

Isaac shrugged. "You just got out of a fight, so did I. We're tired, d*mmit. Take a breather for a sec...Jude, right? I'm Isaac. My friends call me Priest cuz my last name is Chapel and they think they're funny." He laughed with real mirth.

"What do you say? Wanna find out what happens?"

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 11:37 AM
Sneaky +2-Once again, takes a sneak to catch a sneak. He finds it hard to believe anyone.
4d3-8 → [2,2,3,1,-8] = (0) total is +2. Spend a fatepoint to activate his aspect, Grew up rough, to make it +4. You fail, the advantage changes to, "Sure, I won't hurt you." But Jude gets an invoke.

Jude smiled. "Yeah man, you look like a real Rahmen, you won't do me wrong. Sure those pigs whose the real Bosses are." He lifted his arms as if surrendering. "I ain't gonna start no beef with you." You hear a weird crackling sound come from behind you. "But I can't promise nothin' about him." He points behind you.

Turning around you see a large swirling darkblue vortex (http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i436/TagForcePart1/26%20-%20Phantom%20Darkness/PTDN-EN046-SuperPolymerization.jpg) has appeared behind you. Then you hear some clicking, and something lumbers out.

http://www.the-ottoman.com/images/ART_mechScorpion.gif
A gunmetal grey clockwork scorpion the size of a humvee is glaring at you with flickering blue eyes.

Jude is activating his stunt.
Rise my Impossibeasts! Once per conflict, I can summon an Impossibeast with an aspect, Must obey Jude, from the Impossiverse.
And that wasn't even his action. Create an advantage sneaky +2, you've got more important things to worry about than me.
4d3-8+2 → [2,2,2,3,-8,2] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4621238/)

The scorpion raises it's stinger as it tries to penetrate you without even buying dinner.

Yeah, the scorpion is a seperate NPC. It gets it's own action.
He attacks with his Giant Stinger +4.
4d3-8+4 → [3,2,3,1,-8,4] = (5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4621246/)

Have fun!

Just to be fair, I'll post the Impossicorpion's Character sheet for you to see:
Name: Impossicoprion
Aspects:
Giant Mechanized Scorpion!

Must Obey Jude

Approaches:
Giant Stinger +4
Personal Initiative -2
Stunts
Trypanophobia Personified: When succeed with an attack with style, instead of creating a boost, create an advantage Parayltic Neruo Poison on your opponent.
Meta carapace: Thanks to it's Metal Carapce, he has Armor 2.
Stress [1] [2]
Consequences: 1 [Moderate]
The unknown aspects are things you can discover during play, with discover advantage action, or create advantage action.

[U][U]Scene Aspects:

GM Fate pool: 0

Aspects:
I won't hurt you. [1 Invoke, Jude]

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-27, 01:51 PM
"Eh. I figure it was worth a shot."

[Integration target present. Would you like to integrate?]
If it will save my life, yes!

As the stinger closed on him, Isaac stuck his hand up, hoping for some kind of a laser beam or something.

Isaac will Cleverly defend by partially integrating the stinger, nullifying the damage it would deal.
Roll...
1. For a total of 3. I'll spend a fate point to boost it to 5 and tie the attack.

Isaac felt his hand stick against the stinger as it hit him. RPM started doing...something.

[Integration in progress.]

Isaac (or rather, RPM) is Cleverly creating an advantage by integrating the scorpion with Isaac. In effect, RPM is hijacking the scorpion.
Roll.. 1 again, for a total of 3.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-28, 12:54 AM
Since you didn't roll against Jude's 'you've got more important things to worry about than me' I'll treat the difficulty as +2. He gains a the advantage with 1 invoke.

For a tie, the mecha scorpion gains a boost. I'll call it 'rebooting'.

The tail stabs into your hand...and then stops just as it touches. The tail begins to glow green, as RPM announces, Integration procedure proceeding. The scorpion's tail tries shaking, to escape your hand's almost magnetic grip.

This is new to it, so I'm rolling Personal Initiative -2.
4d3-8-2 → [3,2,2,2,-8,-2] = (-1) Spend the boost to increase it by +2. Jude gives his invoke on 'I won't hurt you' [he did catch you by surprise] to the scorpion to add another +2, making the total +3. So it's a tie, and you gain a boost. Is integration you taking partial control over the scorpion, or your acquiring some of the abilities of the scorpion?

The scorpion finally pulls away, rearing back on it's legs. Suddenly you hear the crackling sound of the vortex again. Except it comes from underneath you. And then you feel the floor give way.

Jude is Sneakily +2 creating an advantage on you, 'thinking with portals'. He's going to send you falling through the vortex, then come out flying straight at the scorpion-essentially any invokes will go to scorpion.
4d3-8+3 → [1,3,3,2,-8,3] = (4) Spend his invoke on 'you've got more important problems to deal with than me' to add +2, for a total of 6.

After you defend against it:

The Impossicorpion rears back it's tail to strike you again.

The Scorpion attacks with it's Giant Stinger +4:
4d3-8+4 → [3,1,3,2,-8,4] = (5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4622190/)
I'll spend any invokes I get on the 'thinking with portals' to increase this by +2 each.
Defend against this as well, and then it's your move.

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-28, 07:41 PM
Since you didn't roll against Jude's 'you've got more important things to worry about than me' I'll treat the difficulty as +2. He gains a the advantage with 1 invoke.

For a tie, the mecha scorpion gains a boost. I'll call it 'rebooting'.

The tail stabs into your hand...and then stops just as it touches. The tail begins to glow green, as RPM announces, Integration procedure proceeding. The scorpion's tail tries shaking, to escape your hand's almost magnetic grip.

This is new to it, so I'm rolling Personal Initiative -2.
4d3-8-2 → [3,2,2,2,-8,-2] = (-1) Spend the boost to increase it by +2. Jude gives his invoke on 'I won't hurt you' [he did catch you by surprise] to the scorpion to add another +2, making the total +3. So it's a tie, and you gain a boost. Is integration you taking partial control over the scorpion, or your acquiring some of the abilities of the scorpion?

The scorpion finally pulls away, rearing back on it's legs. Suddenly you hear the crackling sound of the vortex again. Except it comes from underneath you. And then you feel the floor give way.

Jude is Sneakily +2 creating an advantage on you, 'thinking with portals'. He's going to send you falling through the vortex, then come out flying straight at the scorpion-essentially any invokes will go to scorpion.
4d3-8+3 → [1,3,3,2,-8,3] = (4) Spend his invoke on 'you've got more important problems to deal with than me' to add +2, for a total of 6.

After you defend against it:

The Impossicorpion rears back it's tail to strike you again.

The Scorpion attacks with it's Giant Stinger +4:
4d3-8+4 → [3,1,3,2,-8,4] = (5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4622190/)
I'll spend any invokes I get on the 'thinking with portals' to increase this by +2 each.
Defend against this as well, and then it's your move.

Holy balls. This went from easy mode to OMGWTFBBQ really quickly.
In any regard, RPM will attempt to steal features from the scorpion. Ie, remove the stinger and attach it to Isaac.
Question: How do I debut/acquire new stunts?
The Boost will be called "System Override Initiated"

Isaac was good and solidly f*cked. Seriously. He was going to get incredibly injured. Or worse.

RPM was going nuts. It was hard to concentrate...

Defense against Jude: Isaac will Quickly Defend to hop out of the portal.
Rolling..... 1. Total of 2. Hahahahahaha. Isaac is gonna die.

Isaac slipped into the portal. Mother f*cker.

He popped out headed back towards the Scorpion. Well.

Isaac will Cleverly defend by attempting to integrate again.
Rolling....holy crap it's a 4.
Plus 2 is 6, I'll use my boost to make it an 8 to win with style for another boost.
I'll call the boost "Suck it, Land Lobster!"

Isaac pinwheeled, grappling with the stinger and keeping it from impaling him like a human corndog.

[Reinitiating Integration]

Isaac will Cleverly create an advantage by integrating the stinger.
Rolling...
-1. Forget that. I'll spend a fate point for an extra 2 points, making my running total a 3.
Then I will invoke my boost for a total of 5.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-29, 01:10 AM
You have 2 free stunts. As I said in the post before the Combat rankings started, you can reveal one of your stunts during the combat rankings. Essentially, just declare what it is OOC, as a free action, and then you have it. No need for fate points or anything.

Get two free invokes. Changed my mind, going to hold onto my invokes.

-2 Personal initiative:
4d3-8-2 → [1,1,3,2,-8,-2] = (-3) You succeed with style. Name the advantage. No Stinger? Stolen Stinger?

The scorpion screeches, as his stinger disconnects from his tail, the series of wires popping out. Jude is appalled.

"What are you doing to my Impossibeast?" The wires start to wrap around your arm.* He throws out his hand and the scorpion falls into a portal. Suddenly a portal appears above you, and you see it coming straight at you.

He is using forceful to essentially drop his mecha scorpion on top of you. Forceful Attack +3=4d3-8+3 → [3,3,1,2,-8,3] = (4) Spend my two invokes from 'thinking with portals' to increase this to +8.

The scorpion isn't acting this turn. He's so confused.
If I am getting the description wrong for how your power works/appears, feel free to correct me.

Scene Aspects:

GM Fate pool: 1

Aspects:
I won't hurt you. [0 Invoke, Jude]
Thinking with portals [0 Invokes, Jude]
Stolen stinger [2 Invokes, Issac]

ImNotTrevor
2014-08-29, 09:55 AM
Stunt: Integration: When Issac succeeds in Cleverly creating an advantage on an electronic/mechanical entity or object, he may create the aspect 'Integration complete' with no invokes. As long as that aspect is activated, Issac may use any Aspect or Approach the targeted entity/object has in place of his own. Issac may only have one 'Integration Complete' aspect up at a time.

Isaac is replacing his "Forceful" approach with the Stinger approach of the Impossiscorp

Isaac was a little worried at the tingling in his arm and the rush of information surging through his brain. The flesh of his hand had physically merged with the mechanics of the stinger, and his wrist and elbow flexed with mechanical whirring. And as he looked up, he saw that the scorpion was coming straight for him. No time to celebrate, only to react.

Isaac will use his newly acquired Stinger to deflect the incoming Scorpion.
rolling...
4d3-8=0 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4627418/)
0+4 =4. I will use my 2 point consequence and 3 point stress box to take the blow.

Isaac punched straight through the scorpion using its own stinger, though the shards of sharp metal falling around him did their fair share of damage. He would remember not to do that again. But for now...

Isaac looked at the ******* and smiled, his eyes looking somewhat crazed.
"Your land lobster's sting is all mine now, b*tch."
Isaac took off towards the other kid with no mercy in mind.

Isaac is attacking with the Stinger.
4d3-8=-2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4627419/)
Meaning a total of 2.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-30, 07:49 AM
Mind if we rephrase that stunt a bit? I'm gonna copy from Amazo (http://station53.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/young-justice-character-highlight-amazo.html) that the amazing Mike Lindsey created, since it's pretty close to your intent.

Integration: Once per scene, Issac can duplicate any Aspect and/or Approach of any electronic/mechanical item or entity he has Integrated with (limited to the bonus of the viewed Approach or his maximum approach, whatever is lowest). Issac may also spend any invokes* he has on a create advantage, related to integrating tech, on copying a stunt from the entity. These all go away at the end of the scene.

*So this means if you succeed with style, you can spend both invokes to gain 2 stunts.

Alternatively, you could spend your stunts/Refresh to keep an ability you've copied. Maybe that stinger will come in useful in the future.

I'm not too woried about your ability being over powered, because you won't be facing a lot of robotic opponents. Although it inspires me to start writing up my tech stuff, even ordinary computers, using the Fate Fractal.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-01, 06:42 PM
You may only fill in one stress box per attack. You can't fill in 2 and 3 to soak up 5 shifts. You need to take a consequence to soak it in.

ImNotTrevor
2014-09-02, 11:18 AM
You may only fill in one stress box per attack. You can't fill in 2 and 3 to soak up 5 shifts. You need to take a consequence to soak it in.

Fixed it. Go ahead and proceed.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 12:01 PM
Jude leaps away from your stinger arm. As you go for a swipe, the mechanized creation leaps to defend it's master.

Jude activates his special ability:
Protect me!When targeted by an attack, spend a fate point to redirect the attack to an Impossicreation I’ve summoned.

So down to 0 fate points. Defence!
Metal carapace +2: 4d3-8+2 → [3,2,1,3,-8,2] = (3)

The stinger bounces off the mecha beast's carapace. Jude points at you and commands, "Don't just stand around there-slam into him!"

Jude is trying to Forcefully create an advantage, 'Follow my orders!' for his creation. This is +3:
4d3-8+3 → [1,3,1,1,-8,3] = (1) Wow if he wasn't going up against a difficulty of 0, I would be very disappointed. It's 0, because the scorpion, literally has an Aspect, "Must obey Jude". So, follow my orders has one free invoke.

Now with an idea of how to proceed without it's stinger, the creature throws its full weight at you, hoping crushing will succeed where penetrating did not.

Attacking with Metal carapace +2: 4d3-8+2 → [3,2,1,3,-8,2] = (3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637693/)

ImNotTrevor
2014-09-09, 04:58 PM
Isaac seems less than impressed at Jude's struggling. In fact, he seems to sneer at the fear Jude is displaying.

He sees the beast coming for him and positions his stinger arm to take the blow.

Isaac will use the stinger to defend against the attack.
Rolling...
-1+4 for the stinger is a 3.
So it is a tie.

Isaac uses the arm to toss the Scorpion aside, and immediately presses the attack once again.

"Get over here!"

Isaac will again use the stinger to attack.
Rolling...
+2 +4= 6.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 05:41 PM
He quickly defends at +2, by rolling away like a little...you can fill in the blanks.
4d3-8+2 → [3,3,1,2,-8,2] = (3) He ticks his third stress box.

He just manages to duck backwards, but you leave a large tear through his shirt. He falls backwards landing on his ass. Suddenly you feel something grab around your ankles. Looking down, you see Jude's hands reaching through a portal, grabbing you.

Sneaky +2, creating advantage, 'ankle grabbed'. 4d3-8+2 → [2,2,3,2,-8,2] = (3) The Impossicoprion passes the boost it created on it's tie to him, raising it to +5.

"Hit him now!" The Scorpion lumbers towards you.

Metal carapace at +2:
4d3-8+2 → [1,3,3,2,-8,2] = (3) Uses his invoke from, 'Follow my orders!' to make it +5.

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
Ankle lock [TBD]
Stolen stinger [2 Invokes, Issac] (Is this still accurate, or have you used it yet?)
Obey my orders [0 Invokes, Issac]
Jude:
Stress: [1] [2] [3]

ImNotTrevor
2014-09-17, 04:57 PM
He quickly defends at +2, by rolling away like a little...you can fill in the blanks.
4d3-8+2 → [3,3,1,2,-8,2] = (3) He ticks his third stress box.

He just manages to duck backwards, but you leave a large tear through his shirt. He falls backwards landing on his ass. Suddenly you feel something grab around your ankles. Looking down, you see Jude's hands reaching through a portal, grabbing you.

Sneaky +2, creating advantage, 'ankle grabbed'. 4d3-8+2 → [2,2,3,2,-8,2] = (3) The Impossicoprion passes the boost it created on it's tie to him, raising it to +5.

"Hit him now!" The Scorpion lumbers towards you.

Metal carapace at +2:
4d3-8+2 → [1,3,3,2,-8,2] = (3) Uses his invoke from, 'Follow my orders!' to make it +5.

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
Ankle lock [TBD]
Stolen stinger [2 Invokes, Issac] (Is this still accurate, or have you used it yet?)
Jude:

Isaac growled as the hands gripped his ankles. He was just going to have to do something crazy. The Scorpion was coming. Launching itself at Isaac from behind. And who was in front of Isaac? Jude.

Isaac used the grip on his ankles to cushion his own fall as he timed his dodge...

Defense against both: Isaac is Sneakily defending by tricking the scorpion into landing on Jude.
Rolling...
+2, +3 is 5. I'll spend one invoke from the Stolen Stinger to boost it to 7 and succeed handily.

As the Scorpion when by, Isaac jabbed his stinger down on Jude, hoping that the combined blows would be sufficient...

Attack against Jude using the Scorpion tail
Rolling...+2 again, +4 for 6. I'll spend my other invoke for a +8.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-18, 12:52 PM
Normally you can't defend against two actions with one defense roll. However, to be fair, rather than wait for you to post a new roll, I will treat it as if it only scored a normal success, rather than an extraordinary success of 5 shifts. So 1 free invoke on 'ankle grabbed'.

Because not only is he limiting your movement, bit also is on the otherside of a portal, he can use the free invoke above to defend against your attack-which is good cause he's out of fate points.

Quick +2 defend (Close the portal quickly!): 4d3-8+2 → [3,2,3,2,-8,2] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4648327/)Spend the invoke on ankle grabbed to increase it to +6. Takes a mild consequence, 'nasty but shallow cut' to soak the 2 shifts.

You hear a wince as your stinger goes through the portal. The hands leave your ankles, and the portal closes quickly. Looking up, you see Jude holding his shoulder-blood is gushing from it, and some is on your new stinger.

You see Jude clench his fist as he stares at you. Then you feel a tugging sensation on your stinger arm, and you see a new portal has appeared right over it. The portal closes quickly-are you fast enough to pull your arm out of the gate, before your stinger is cut off?

Attempting to overcome your Stolen Stinger Advantage. Force +3 (He's not cutting your arm off, but it's damn close):
4d3-8+3 → [3,2,1,1,-8,3] = (2) You need to roll against this. I don't think you can roll with your stinger approach, cause it doesn't actually make your reflexes faster. Although if you have a good idea, go for it.

"Impossicoprion, Roll out!" The mecha looks at him confused. "That means roll onto him you oversized happy meal!" The Scorpion folds it's arms and tries to roll onto you, crushing you beneath it's weight.

Attempting to squish you, with the weight of it's metal carapace +2. Remember, you need to roll against the overcome first.
4d3-8+2 → [2,3,1,1,-8,2] = (1)

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
Ankle lock
Stolen stinger [0 Invokes, Issac]
Jude:
Consequences:
Minor: Bloody but shallow shoulder wound.

ImNotTrevor
2014-09-22, 06:30 PM
Normally you can't defend against two actions with one defense roll. However, to be fair, rather than wait for you to post a new roll, I will treat it as if it only scored a normal success, rather than an extraordinary success of 5 shifts. So 1 free invoke on 'ankle grabbed'.

Because not only is he limiting your movement, bit also is on the otherside of a portal, he can use the free invoke above to defend against your attack-which is good cause he's out of fate points.

Quick +2 defend (Close the portal quickly!): 4d3-8+2 → [3,2,3,2,-8,2] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4648327/)Spend the invoke on ankle grabbed to increase it to +6. Takes a mild consequence, 'nasty but shallow cut' to soak the 2 shifts.

You hear a wince as your stinger goes through the portal. The hands leave your ankles, and the portal closes quickly. Looking up, you see Jude holding his shoulder-blood is gushing from it, and some is on your new stinger.

You see Jude clench his fist as he stares at you. Then you feel a tugging sensation on your stinger arm, and you see a new portal has appeared right over it. The portal closes quickly-are you fast enough to pull your arm out of the gate, before your stinger is cut off?

Attempting to overcome your Stolen Stinger Advantage. Force +3 (He's not cutting your arm off, but it's damn close):
4d3-8+3 → [3,2,1,1,-8,3] = (2) You need to roll against this. I don't think you can roll with your stinger approach, cause it doesn't actually make your reflexes faster. Although if you have a good idea, go for it.

"Impossicoprion, Roll out!" The mecha looks at him confused. "That means roll onto him you oversized happy meal!" The Scorpion folds it's arms and tries to roll onto you, crushing you beneath it's weight.

Attempting to squish you, with the weight of it's metal carapace +2. Remember, you need to roll against the overcome first.
4d3-8+2 → [2,3,1,1,-8,2] = (1)

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
Ankle lock
Stolen stinger [0 Invokes, Issac]
Jude:
Consequences:
Minor: Bloody but shallow shoulder wound.

Isaac sees the portal closing around his stinger and knows he has to think quickly. Lose the arm to the portal or get it the hell out of there...

Isaac will Quickly defend at +1. (Lord please have mercy)
rolled a 0. for a total of 1. So I fail and lose the stinger.
Eff it. I'ma Concede. This fight is arduous to the point that I don't even want to continue it, and people shouldn't have to wait on me.

Isaac couldn't pull his stinger out in time and it tore free of his arm, causing a massive spike of pain to shoot through his body.

[ERROR ERROR ERROR]

RPM was freaking out. Isaac couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening. He couldn't even SEE anymore.

The Scorpion was suddenly rolling over him, but Isaac barely noticed. Sparks and blood sputtered from his arm in equal measure as he tried not to scream, doubled over and spasming violently.

[SYSTEM $HUTD%WN. EXPELLING C0MP-COM-COMPONENT]

The metal violently tore itself from his body, leaving his arm mostly intact, but bloodied and missing skin in places.

[Pain levels outside of %&^ptable limit^s. ##ek medical @tt$%^ion.]

Isaac trembled as RPM seemed to fall apart in his mind. He couldn't think straight. What was happening. His mouth was full of something, but he couldn't tell what. Vomit? maybe.

He wasn't awake much longer, either way....

CoreBrute23
2014-09-23, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry this match went on a little too long. Still you put a good showing-and we made a new stunt! And you get a fate point for conceding. Did you take any consequences? If so, you get a fate point for each of those.

Just as everything goes black, you hear the sounds of Professor Hamilton say, "The match is over!"

-Continued in the IC thread-