PDA

View Full Version : West Private combat Rankings-Door 4

CoreBrute23
2014-08-23, 02:16 AM
IC Thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367345-FAE-Super-Powereds-Freshman-Year-IC-thread&p=17987484#post17987484)

May the better man win? I agree Kai chuckled.Offering a fist and ignoring the proffered hand.
Louis smiles, and returns the fist bump.
The Combat Cell
Scene Aspects:
Concrete Walls, Unseen Referee

The room you’re entering is a 50ft by 50ft cube, made entirely out of concrete. It’s a sparse room, with no symbols or signs around. Before you can wonder how to know when you will start, an announcer voice begins speaking.

“Combatants, please take your positions.” It’s Professor Ellis’ voice. Glancing at the floor, you see two marks on the floor, each about 10 ft from the opposing wall.

Louis smiles. “You ready for this?” He glows with energy, and suddenly Louis Sopher is no longer standing in front of you.

Instead, a large green reptilian humanoid stands in front of you, with bulging protruding eyes, and some long horn like thing on it’s head. It’s dressed in the same black HCP uniform.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/334/3/d/chameleon_by_stillenacht-d6w6cm1.jpg
“Ssssstill creepy.” He states, as he looks in multiple directions. "But ssssssso cool."
“3, 2, 1, Go!”
Your up first Kai. Louis hasn’t acted yet.

tyranus
2014-08-24, 01:23 AM
Kai slowly walks forwarding to get close to his opponent.oh it's creepy alright but I doubt it'll protect you when I torch your ass,he said grinning wickedly.

Kai trys to sneakily create an advantage
"You don't know my power!" By misdirecting his opponent into thinking he has a different power. Roll=+1 total 2

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 02:50 AM
Kia slowly walks forwarding to get close to his opponent.oh it's creepy alright but I doubt it'll protect you when I torch your ass,he said grinning wickedly.

Kia trys to cleverly create an advantage roll= +1average
By misdirecting his opponent into thinking he has a different power.

id also like to compel "i dont often fight,but when i do i fight dirty"

Are you compelling or Invoking? Compelling an aspect means you gain a fate point for choosing a decision that's detrimental to your character or makes things tougher. Invoking an aspect is spending a fate point to gain a +2 to your roll, or rerolling your roll. I think your invoking, but I want to be sure.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 10:19 AM
Hold on Tyrannus, you've gone a bit too fast. You didn't let me respond to the first action you took. I was waiting for an answer to my question, what did you mean by compelling an aspect? Did you mean invoking for a +2?

If your confused about combat, here's an example of combat (https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrcufyklnd9yrz2/Olaf%20Vs%20The%20Orcs.pdf), which should explain how advantages work.

Advantages are aspects you've created on the scene, that are usually primarily positive for you. When you create an advantage, you can invoke it like any aspect for a +2 or a reroll. but when you create one, you usually have some free invokes, which mean you can invoke it, but don't have to spend fate points.

tyranus
2014-08-24, 10:53 AM
Kai slowly walks forwarding to get close to his opponent.oh it's creepy alright but I doubt it'll protect you when I torch your ass,he said grinning wickedly.

Kai trys to cleverly create an advantage roll=+1 total 4
By misdirecting his opponent into thinking he has a different power.

ya im sorry i didn't explain it i decided to not invoke his aspect. better?

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 12:02 PM
Much better.

However, that doesn't sound like a clever approach. Clever approach is more thinking fast, or spotting weak points in fighting styles. This sounds like a sneaky approach, since your both creeping towards him and intending to deceive him. So I'm going to treat it like that. Which means your result is +2, since your sneaky is +1.
Louis is rolling sneaky +2 to figure out your trick. Takes a sneak to know a sneak.
4d3-8 → [2,2,2,1,-8] = (-1) That's a 1, so it's a success, your advantage is created.

When you mention torching Louis leaps backwards. Literally leap. He plants himself on the wall, crawling on his hands up like a lizard.

"Your gonna have to catch me first sssssucker." he shakes his head. "God I hate reptile tongue." He begins zooming up and around the ceiling.

Louis is trying to create an advantage, 'moving too fast' with his quick +3. Unfortunately for him, you can literally watch the world in slow motion, so you don't even need to roll to resist this specific advantage. It automatically fails...if you activate your power. This means glowing black eyes.
If you don't want to show off your power yet, feel free. But then you do have to roll normally against his advantage. This is a good opportunity to use Clever approach if you like.

After deciding how your defending, it's your action.

OOC: Also I have a stunt suggestion if your interested, since your eligible for your second stunt now. You don't need to take it if you don't want to.
I see the world in Slow motion: Because I see the world in slow motion I can spend a Fate Point to negate an enemy’s Quick Approach modifier against me for the rest of the scene in a physical conflict.

tyranus
2014-08-24, 02:17 PM
Kia activates his power,his eyes dimly radiating darkness.
OOC:negates Louis advantage.
Noticing the ball like appendages Louis has for eyes.Kai cleverly takes a shoe Off and let's it fly
OOC:roll=0, I invoke the advantage
" You don't know my power!"Adding +2. Total=5

CoreBrute23
2014-08-24, 02:36 PM
Actually your at +7. your stunt, deadly accuracy, triggers now for an additional +2.

Defense, Quick +3:
4d3-8 → [1,2,1,3,-8] = (-1) Total is +2. I spend my lone fate point to activate my aspect, Animal Instincts, human ingenuity for +2. Now it's 4. So you succeed with style, doing 3 shifts of damage. You may do one less shift of damage to gain a boost, such as 'my eyes!' or 'OW'. Boosts are temportary, they only last until they are invoked.

Louis shouts in pain, falling to the ground as he holds his eye in pain. He starts scurrying around, and when he gets to the door, tries to force it open.

I'm compelling my own aspect, 'I'm mostly in charge up here". He's losing control temporarily to the animal brain who just wants to flee. He wastes his turn and gets 1 fate point.

Your turn.

tyranus
2014-08-24, 03:16 PM
Kai notes the effectiveness of the last throw.and so again he takes his shoe off and aims this time for the other eye and launches it through the air.
OOC:roll=0, i invoke deadly accuracy.total=+5 ,if the advantage still has a free invoke add that to.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 12:24 AM
Your advantage only had one free invoke on it, which you spent.
Louis uses quick +3, representing his multi-directional eyes seeing the shoe coming, giving him time to dodge.
4d3-8 → [2,2,3,1,-8] = (0) Total 3. Takes 2 shifts of damage, meaning his second stress box is filled.
Remember, your deadly accuracy stunt doesn't require a fate point to invoke, since it's a stunt.

Seeing your attack coming, he attempts to recoil out of the way, but your strike managed to hit his other eye.

"Ow! That's it!" He turns around and suddenly...he disappears.

He's trying to create the advantage, Camouflaged. Using sneaky +2.
4d3-8 → [2,2,2,1,-8] = (-1) Total 1. Spend my fate point to add +2, invoking the 'Concrete walls' aspect, since he's turning the same color as the uniform grey walls. So total 3.
How are you defending, and what's your action? Also, how many fate points do you have? Remember, each time I spend a fate point, you gain a fate point. So remember to add one from me invoking concrete walls.

]Scene Aspects:[/U]
Other aspects:
Misleading about power Because your attacking at range with shoes, it's pretty apparent that you don't have fire powers.
Camoflauge [Louis, Number of Invokes pending on your defense]
GM Fate Pool: 0

tyranus
2014-08-25, 06:31 AM
Now that is cool! Kia said.activating his powpower
Kia attempts to find Louis cleverly looking for a shadow
OOC:roll=0 total=3

Kia whips his belt out and launches himself towards Louis vaulting over his left shoulder letting the belt snake across the lizardmans neck.Kia attempts to choke Louis out cleverly looping the ends around the spikes protruding from his neck for more leverage
OOC:Roll=+2Total=+5
Fatepoints=5

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 06:52 AM
In this case, your power isn't sufficient to negate the advantage. Your power lets you speed up vision so no one can move too fast for you too see. However, he's camouflaged himself-your power doesn't let you see through camouflage any better than normal.
So you need to roll for defend.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 09:11 AM
Now that is cool! Kia said.activating his powpower
Kia attempts to find Louis cleverly looking for a shadow
OOC:roll=0 total=3

It takes a while, because he is staying low to the floor to hide his shadow. Eventually though you catch sight of him and can make your leap.
A tie means he creates a boost, 'can't keep track off'.

Kia whips his belt out and launches himself towards Louis vaulting over his left shoulder letting the belt snake across the lizardmans neck. Kia attempts to choke Louis out cleverly looping the ends around the spikes protruding from his neck for more leverage
OOC:Roll=+2Total=+5
Fatepoints=5
Ouch. But yeah that's definitely clever. And an attack.
Rolling Quick, representing him trying to get out of your grasp before you can loop completely. Quick +3.
4d3-8 → [2,1,2,1,-8] = (-2) Total +1
Spend my boost to reroll.
4d3-8 → [1,2,3,3,-8] = (1) total is +4. You deal one stress. You've now filled all his stress boxes. Any additional stress will mean he needs to take consequences to avoid being taken out.

You manage to get a grip on his spines. He starts gasping in pain, as he flickers back into his normal green color, then a variety of rainbow colors as he panics. Suddenly you feel something grab your waist, and squeeze hard. You see it's his prehensile tail grabbing you.

Grabbing your belt, he tries to pull you off him.
You didn't see that tail coming did you? ;)
Sneaky approach at +2. Creating an advantage, got you in my tail.
4d3-8 → [3,2,3,2,-8] = (2) Total is +4. How do you avoid getting tail grabbed?

tyranus
2014-08-25, 12:13 PM
OOC:roll- 1 (+2 I saw that coming ages ago)
Total=4. do you have to use a fate point to create a stunt?
Kai again launches himself cleverly useing the belt to boost himself up and away from the tail.

On the way down kai grabs onto Louis's top horn and attempts to punch him in his weak spot the eye.
OOC:roll=+2 total=5

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 01:56 PM
OOC:roll- 1 (+2 I saw that coming ages ago)
Total=4. do you have to use a fate point to create a stunt?

No you don't. Every player starts with 3 free undefined stunts. I made everyone define one stunt. You can create your second one at any time-it's not an action and it won't cost a fate point to create the stunt. What did you have in mind?

You tied, so he gets a boost.
Trying to keep from the tail, you loosen your grip on the belt, allowing him to struggle it off.

On the way down kai grabs onto Louis's top horn and attempts to punch him in his weak spot the eye.
OOC:roll=+2 total=5

Defending with Quick +3. 4d3-8 → [2,2,1,1,-8] = (-2)Spend my boost to reroll that.
4d3-8 → [2,2,2,1,-8] = (-1) Total 2. You manage to take him out.

Your sharp blows causes him to scream in pain, before he glows, and suddenly reverts back to human form. He collapses, no longer having enhanced physical abilities to keep himself upright. There's some strange coloured blood on your knuckles. Louis isn't moving.

"Kai Roman, step away from your opponent!" The door opens, and a female blonde student in a gray uniform comes running in. She looks shocked.

"Please step aside, I need to examine your opponent."

OOC: You may at any time move to the IC thread, representing heading to the lounge. Or you can stay here for a bit. Your call.

tyranus
2014-08-25, 02:12 PM
well ok then ill just ,be on my way *picks up shoes and belt*

i added a stunt to my character sheet

CoreBrute23
2014-08-25, 02:23 PM
The woman ignores you and bends down to start healing Louis.

Yeah your stunt is fine. Also, wow your character is stone cold. Just beat a fellow teenager into unconciousness, went for eye shots, and walking away with no remorse. Cold. See you in the IC thread.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-26, 06:49 AM
Kai Roman Vs Felix Stammos

Scene Aspects:
GM Fate pool: 0
Aspects: "I can't lose" [Felix 1 Invoke]

The woman and your defeated opponent is gone. Any damage from the previous match seems to have been cleared up-it looks identical to when you first arrived.

Felix is waiting in his position, tapping his foot impatiently. He smiles at you when he comes-a very creepy, confident smile. "You should give up. I'm on a hot streak-I can't lose."

"3, 2, 1, Fight!"

Your tied for quick. You can pick who goes first.

tyranus
2014-08-26, 07:20 AM
Kia walked backwards putting his back against the wall.ah I know what's coming I always do he said pointing at his head a similar smile plastered on his face.you see I'm a precognitive

OOC:Kia trys to create the advantage "you don't know my power"roll=+1. Total=4
This one's harder to disprove.lol

CoreBrute23
2014-08-26, 07:45 AM
Using Clever +3 for rationalization purposes.
4d3-8+3 → [1,3,3,3,-8,3] = (5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619799/) Succeeds by 1. So your advantage changes to 'Your power won't help you', and Felix gains an invoke on it, rather than you.

Felix nods. "Impressive. Never met one before." He starts stretching his arms. "But just because you can see it coming, doesn't mean you have the capacity to stop me when I start." Then he cracks his neck loudly with a smirk.

Suddenly he runs straight at you, throwing an openhand strike you just dodge. He continues attacking you, throwing a variety of different moves.

He's trying to carefully create an advantage, 'Got you on the backfoot'. He's not trying to hurt you, but to put you in a corner, so you can't properly stop him when he gets his full strength.
Careful+2
4d3-8+2 → [3,1,2,1,-8,2] = (1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619818/) Spends his invoke on 'Your power won't help your' to add 2 to the total, raising it to +3.

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
"I can't lose" [Felix 1 Invoke]
"Your [Kai] power doesn't matter" [0 Invokes]

tyranus
2014-08-26, 10:09 AM
everything slows down,kai can see the movements felix is directing at him and notices they are not being particularly well aimed. kai dives between Felix's legs timing it so Felix was extended.
Roll=0 add my stunt "I saw that coming ages ago". total=5 Felix's advantage turns into" you can't corner me!"two invokes right?
Kia comes up behind Felix and whips the metal buckle of his belt at Felix's balls.
I'd like to invoke My aspect.fatepool=4, roll=+2 , +2 for the aspect,and +3 for clever., and I invoke the advantage as well. Total=+8

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 03:24 AM
OOC: Actually your total is +9. Ouch. And when a create advantage fails it becomes an aspect with 1 invoke in your favour, not 2. So it's 'can't corner me' 1 invoke for Kai.

Defending with Quick +2, to grab the belt before you can hit him.
4d3-8+2 → [3,3,1,1,-8,2] = (2) Spend my free invoke on 'I can't lose' to add +2, for a total of 4. I take a mild consequence, 'hurt wrist' and mark his 3rd stress box.

As you whip your belt, Felix turns and tries to grab the belt as you use it, only succeeding in getting struck in the wrist.

"Ouch! Your making me fur-fu-fur-MAD!" He slaps his hands together, and a wave of air heads straight towards you.

Trying to create an advantage, Knocked down, on you. Clever +2 cause Physics.4d3-8+2 → [3,2,3,1,-8,2] = (3)

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
"I can't lose" [Felix 0 Invoke]
"you [Felix] can't corner me[Kai]! [0 Invokes]
GM Fate pool: 1

Felix:
Stress: [1] [2] [3]
Consequences:
Hurt wrist. Mild [1 Invoke]

tyranus
2014-08-27, 09:14 AM
DefenseOOC:roll=-2, +3clever add the stunt,and I invoke the minor consequence.total=4?Felix's. advantage turns into" I just keep on going on going"one free invoke. "

The blast of air was aimed more to the left and took very little Movement to dodge.probably because of Felix's wrist kai reasoned.

AttackOOC: roll=+1 ,+3clever add the most recent advantage.and I'd like to invoke my aspect yet again,fatepool=3,total=8

Kia see's that Felix seems to only be getting stronger as the match go's on.I need to finish this soon ,he thought.kai's
belt whistled through the air the buckle aimed directly at felix's collarbone

OOC:the collar bone only takes 7 lbs of pressure to break if you didn't know.now I realize that Felix is not your average guy and that he can probably take more than 7lbs on the collar bone But Kai is looking to end a fight so he's not holding back.now why that might make it forceful I'm still leaning on the fact that Kia is aiming at a "weak" point which is more along the lines of clever.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 09:49 AM
When you explain the rationale, your correct. Finding and targeting a weakpoint, knowing pressure can break, is a very effective use of clever.

Force +2, his muscles around his neck are enlarged-they might be enough to protect him.
4d3-8 → [3,1,3,3,-8] = (2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4621150/) Add +2 for Force, makes it a 4. I spend a fate point to invoke "I can't lose" for +2, makes it 6. So you deal two shifts of stress, marking his second stress box.

The buckle bangs against his neck causing him to groan as it bounces off his creepy newly grown neck muscles.

"STOP. GETTING. NAKED!" He slaps his chest. "FIX NO WANT SEE NAKED BOY!" He runs at you, trying to slap you in the chest with the back of his hand.

He has enough of his mind left to not use lethal force, so it's careful +2. 4d3-8 → [2,2,1,1,-8] = (-2) Total is 0. Your move!

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
"I can't lose" [Felix 0 Invoke]
"you [Felix] can't corner me[Kai]! [0 Invokes]
" I just keep on going on going" [0 Invokes]

Felix:
Consequences:
Hurt wrist. Mild [0 Invoke]

tyranus
2014-08-27, 11:18 AM
OOC:roll=-3,+2for stunt+3for clever total=2

Felix's attacks seem to be increasingly more wild and poorly aimed that combined with the nonsense he was spewing.made Kia wonder what the hell was going on with him that's not to say the attacks lacked power though.Kai dodged the incoming strike backing out of range

OOC:roll=+1,+3clever,I invoke my aspect+2, +2 for stunt,total=8
Fatepool=2

Kai kicks the heel of his shoe loosening it on his foot so when he kicked forward his shoe went flying directly at Felix's balls.

QuestionOOC:wouldn't deadly accuracy apply to hand to hand? I mean punches,kicks etc. Require precision. So can I slightly change my stunt to incorporate that?

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 11:59 AM
You know i'm starting to miss it when you guys went for the eyes.
Forceful defend +3: 4d3-8+3 → [2,3,1,3,-8,3] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4621249/)
He takes a moderate consequence, Blinded by rage. to soak up the 4 shifts.

Felix falls to the floor, the floor itself cracking, as he winces. He punches the ground, causes more cracks, as he stands up. He roars again, all the words having descended into gibberish.

He leaps into the air, before trying to come down at you with a powerful downward punch.

Attack with forceful +3. 4d3-8+3 → [2,2,3,1,-8,3] = (3)
Spend a fatepoint to invoke, I can't lose for +2. total is 5.

In a setting with super durable students and shifters, I don't see super accurate hits being as effective. Also your ability is slowing down your perception-you don't move any faster, so it makes sense for the throw to be more effective. After all, Bullseye's skill with close combat isn't as effective as his ranged one.

If you do want to change it, you have to decide if it's only ranged attacks, or only hand to hand.

We can work on making a new stunt that incorporates all your cheap shots, or finding a weakness for your third stunt [which you can't unlock yet]. Something like:
Find your weakness: When you gain a boost on a tie with a clever attack, turn that into a situation advantage with one free invoke, representing you've found a weakpoint.
or
Hit you where it hurts: When you sneaky attack an opponent, once per scene, you may spend a fate point. If you do, your target must absorb your attack with a mild or moderate consequence, if it has any remaining.

tyranus
2014-08-27, 02:40 PM
yea ill change it so its close range i just don't foresee that many opportunities were kai will be able to attack at range constantly.is this effective immediately?

CoreBrute23
2014-08-27, 03:12 PM
Well if you remember the books there is a class called Ranged Attacks. Coach Persephone even had a shooting range class in year 1. In the 3rd year exams some students brought throwing daggers, so yeah ranged weapons are a possibility, just not for the initial combat rankings. Still, it's your call.

You can change your stunt at the end of the fight, or immediately if your willing to spend a fate point [this won't be added to my fate pool].

tyranus
2014-08-27, 03:41 PM
roll=+1,+2 stunt +3clever, total=+6.

kai rolls backwards and away, barely making it out of the way of Felix's slam.the resounding thud was accompanied by a shower of chipped concrete.

roll=+3,,+3 clever.so total=6

kai moved in while felix still had his hands on the ground. His belt buckle cut through the air aimed at the back of Felix's head

i guess ill leave it,i just wish i had a stunt for close range. and i like "hit you where it hurts" its a pretty cool concept

CoreBrute23
2014-08-29, 07:23 AM
Forceful +3 defence=4d3-8+3 → [3,3,1,3,-8,3] = (5) You mark his last stress box.

Felix roars as he holds his head in pain. There's some blood on it. He lumbers towards you when,

"This fight is over!" You realize the voice wasn't coming from the speaker.

The door opens and Coach Ellis walks in, followed by the Principal. The coach stands between you and Felix.

"There has been use of lethal degree of force used in this match. That is grounds for disqualification and potential disbarment from the program."

How do you respond?

tyranus
2014-08-29, 08:00 AM
Im just going to assume you are referring to that,kai said pointing at the crater in the concrete.he wasn't going to take any risks he kept his eyes locked on Felix who was actually shaking with apparent anger. kai let the world slow around him taking in the comedic look of the short professor Ellis standing between him and the enraged,enlarged felix,who looked like like a steroid junkie in a roid rage.interestingly enough he looked... interesting,his muscle were swollen and enlarged but what made him just look weird was the disproportion in them.the last tug on his power had done much to even it out but it was still noticeable especially in the neck.that mixed with the Felix's seemingly dual personality definitely made it one of the the stranger powers kai had witnessed but that's not saying much since his experience with other powers came from you-tube videos and a couple of people in his hometown.kai let regular time take its hold again after noticing professor Ellis's head very slowly turning in his direction.

if this description contradicts anything as far as felix's power just let me know.

CoreBrute23
2014-08-31, 04:02 AM
Professor Ellis remarks,

"No, it's because of your little strip tease love taps." He notes sarcastically, pointing at your belt. "Of course it's because of the crater-"

"Professor Ellis please. Show some decorum." Dean Wellington ordered. Ellis took a deep breath but was suitably cowed. The Dean turned to face Felix who was still fuming.

"Mr Stammos, you have utilized comparatively lethal degree of force on an opponent who you were under no impression could withstand it. Thus we are forced to remove you from the combat rankings and the program to determine-"

"Remove me? REMOVE ME! FIX CHAMPION! FIX NUMBER ONE! FIX CAN'T LOSE!" At a blinding speed he charged straight at the dean, swinging his fists wildly.

Professor Ellis however had moved infront of the dean in a blink. He stretched his right index finger in front of himself. Then just as Felix reached the finger, Ellis moved his fist forward, striking Felix in the chest.

Now those watching on the screens who knew martial arts, might recognize this as the One inch punch, famously used by Bruce Lee (http://youtu.be/Sdv_9MhOSoI?t=43s), which could knock an opponent back with just an inch of breathing room. What is surprising however, is that Felix was not just knocked to the floor.

He was knocked back almost 40 feet, straight into the concrete wall. He left such a large impression in the wall, he was actually supported in the concrete. His eyes were closed and he was clearly unconscious.

Ellis shakes his head.

"Dumb meat heads." He turned to the Dean. "Am I right?" The Dean shook his head. Ellis nods and walks over to Felix, extracting him from the wall as his muscles slowly deflated. The Dean turns to you.

"Mr Roman, are you alright? Do you feel able to continue the combat rankings? There is no shame in dropping out now-Felix Stammos unwarrented assault on you will be taken into consideration when assigning your ranking."

tyranus
2014-08-31, 10:00 AM
well i am currently in the possession of no injuries,so yes i wish to continue

could i compel "i do what it takes" or no?

CoreBrute23
2014-09-01, 06:42 AM
Not in this situation. It's not really a disadvantage for you to fight, since your not injured and you want to increase your combat ranking.

The Dean nods, smiling broadly at you.

"Now that's the attiitude we like to see at West Private." He pats you on the shoulder. "Your opponent will be here shortly."

Professor Ellis has Felix in a fireman's carry and walks past you. As he walks close, he whispers to you, "Good luck kid." As the teachers leave, the door closes.

There is almost a whole minute where nothing happens, no sounds or announcements. Then you hear,

"Matt Jensen head to Door 4. You will be fighting Kai Roman." Almost immediately the door opens, and Matt walks in, eyes completely focused. The door closes behind him, and he takes his position, legs spread out in a combat stance.

"It's going to be interesting to see how you fight without your powers." He notes, and you remember the gentlemen agreement you made earlier. The one you had no intention of keeping.

Your not getting another fate point for the compel you made earlier when you made that deal. Just wanted to remind you about it. Whether or not you use your power, it won't net you more fate points. It will affect your reputation and the opinion others have of you-primarily Matt and Herb, but possibly others as well.

"I hope there's more to you than just cheap shots and belt buckles, cause otherwise this is going to be too easy." He taunts.

Matt goes first, he's creating an advantage, 'calling you out', taunting you and trying to get under your skin. Flashy +2:
4d3-8+2 → [2,3,2,2,-8,2] = (3)

Scene Aspects:

Aspects:
Calling you out [TBD Invokes]

You mentioned wanting to exchange your ranged stunt for a close combat one? Feel free to do so now, at no fate point cost. Just let me know here you've done so, and also edit your character sheet to reflect the new stunt.

tyranus
2014-09-01, 01:21 PM
roll=+1,+3 clever,total=+4,sorry for the indecisiveness but im going to keep it as it is.the advantage turns into "i can take you"

kai made eye contact with matt and grinned,this should be a nice challenge then."3...,2...,1... fight"Ellis's voice blared over the speaker.

roll=+0 +3clever total=3 kai tries to create the advantage "right were i wanna be".does creating a scene aspect cost a fatepoint?either way id like to create the aspect "fist sized stones"
fatepool=2

kai walks towards the mini crater felix had made.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 01:29 PM
It costs a fate point to create a scene detail, so yeah you can do that. It's not exactly an aspect, so you don't have any invokes. However you now have a way to do your ranged attacks.

Matt starts running straight towards you, zigging and zagging as he does so.

He's using his Quick, to avoid 'being where you want him to be'. 4d3-8+2 → [1,1,2,2,-8,2] = (0) However you succeed with style, so you've got him where you want him, two invokes.

When he heads into range of you, he moves to grab your wrist.
He's trying to grab your arms and put you in a lock. If he succeeds, you won't be able to use your hands to throw things since your close range, and bound. Forceful Create advantage +3. He also has a stunt that activates now:
Student of Jujitsu: Gains a +2 to Forcefully create an advantage involving grappling or putting opponents into holds.
4d3-8+5 → [2,1,2,1,-8,5] = (3)
If he succeeds, the advantage is called 'Arm locked'.

Scene Aspects:
Concrete Walls, Unseen Referee, Felix's crater

Aspects:
I can take you [Kai 1 invoke]
Got you right where I want you [Kai 2 Invokes]
Arm lock [Matt TBD]

tyranus
2014-09-09, 04:04 PM
fatepool=1 roll=-1 +3,+2stunt,total=+4
kai watched matts form approach,and backed up a couple of paces from the edge of the "crater" when matt neared and attempted to go for his wrist,he watched the world come to a stop, seeing exactly what matt was going for kai resumed time a tiny flicker of black flahed in his eyes.
kai knocked the searching hand away using Matt's slightly over extended position to weave around him and into the large dimple in the ground where there happened to be many fist sized stones.
roll=+2,+3,+2stunt,invoke "i can take you"+2,one invoke of "got you right where i want you"+2,total=11. is that possible?or is it limited to 8?
kai looked on in slow motion as he slipped his foot under a stone and kicked upwards.watching it slowly sail through the air to about chest height. snatching it out of the air.he then brought it down letting it fly right at matts left foot.kai had the full intention of breaking the proffered foot putting enough force behind the throw to do so.
why this might seem like a forceful kai is going for matts foot (a weak point)and i want matts foot broken!.
OOC:kai is probably half a meter lower than matt here and hes looking down at matts foot i dont think matt would see anything.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 05:25 PM
OOC: You do know that your stunt, Saw that coming ages ago, is tied to using your powers right? As in, that's how you definited it-since you speed up mental perception, you can see attacks coming and duck away.

In addition, your deadly accuracy is definitely tied to your power, it's why your so dangerous.

So you can use both your stunts, but you have to state your eyes are glowing black/have black aura etc. This is important, cause that means he knows you've broken the deal.

So for the second one, not a huge deal, but for the defence, you'd need to spend an invoke if you didn't want to use your stunt/reveal powers.

tyranus
2014-09-09, 05:38 PM
i fixed it

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 05:56 PM
OOC:kai is probably half a meter lower than matt here and hes looking down at matts foot i dont think matt would see anything.

He probably would have seen it when he was trying to grab your wrist, cause then you would have been close range, and nearer eye level. Unless you were rolling sneaky approach, you weren't hiding it well enough-especially since he's seen you fight on the screen, he knows what to look for. From the way you describe it, it's not a subtle power effect.
Also yes, your allowed up to 11 if you can get there. Well done mate.

He's using Quick +2 to defend against the attack, trying to get out of the way.
4d3-8+2 → [2,1,3,3,-8,2] = (3) so currently you have 8 shifts of damage. He's taking one moderate consequence and one mild consequence to soak up the damage. Second stress box is ticked.

You hear a cracking sound, and Matt falls down to the floor, holding his leg in pain. He turns to look up at you, and his eyes are furious.

"You cheating scum!" His body glows blue and then he shifts.

Now, standing where Matt was kneeling, is an 7 foot tall purple blue beetle man. With a massive horn on it's forehead, it bends down at you, ready to smack you around.
http://i56.tinypic.com/15r0b4o.jpg

It lumbers straight at you, swinging his horn around.

He's forcefully creating an advantage, trying to pin you to the ground, so it can beat you down.
Forceful +5 (thanks to stunt):
4d3-8+5 → [2,3,3,3,-8,5] = (8)
If you fail, the advantage is called, 'pinned'.

Scene Aspects:
Concrete Walls, Unseen Referee, Felix's crater

Aspects:
I can take you [Kai 0 invoke]
Got you right where I want you [Kai 1 Invokes]
Pinned [Matt TBD]

Matt:
Consequences:
Mild: favors left foot. [1 Invoke]
Moderate: Shamed and furious [1 Invoke]

tyranus
2014-09-09, 06:49 PM
roll=0,+3,+2stunt,invoke mild consequence,and advantage,total=+9 yep that's a tough one!the advantage turns into "I SHALL NOT BE PINNED!",or whatever creative thing you can come up with.
kai dived forward between the large beetles trunk like legs snatching the stone he'd used to crush matts foot.as kai "slowly"(as in using his power) slid through he reached out to the hanging wing and grabbed on, using his forward momentum he swung himself up in an arc over the beetle's back.
roll=+1,+3,+2,invoke moderate consequence+2,total=8
pointing a sharp edge of the stone at the base of matts fragile looking wing he pushed the stone forward letting it sail the two meters required for contact.when the wing was nearing a 90 degree angle kai let go,cutting through the air he flew right between matts horns head first.when kai neared the ground he did a front handspring his speed enough to launch him a couple meters more.when kai's feet connected to the ground he immediately went into a low to the ground backflip his body almost parrallel to the ground as his feet again touch-downed on the hard concrete the last of his momentum carried him into a standing position.kai knew that had looked completely bada*s,the amount of coordination required was ridiculous and probably nigh on impossible for a normal human. when he'd gotten a little older he'd experimented with gymnastics and park-our, his ability making all the moves ridiculously easy.
where do you find these pictures!

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 07:32 PM
OOC: My google-fu is strong young grasshopper. Study hard and wash my car, and you too can learn my secrets.

When create advantage fails, either an advantage is created in the opponent's aid, or nothing happens. In this case, nothing happens, it doesn't make sense since he's not affecting the terrain or anything.

Bit confused by your description, you grabbed a wing, and it tossed you into the air? And your aiming at the wing? Ok.

Forceful defend +3. His stunt activates: Hard Carapace: Has +2 to Forcefully defend against physical attacks while Shifted.
4d3-8+5 → [2,2,1,1,-8,5] = (3)
Man my rolls are terrible. You succeed by 5. Hitting his wing doesn't sound like a knock out blow, so describe how you knock him unconcious, or render him unable to fight. Don't worry about game mechanics, just be descriptive.

tyranus
2014-09-09, 07:56 PM
OOC: My google-fu is strong young grasshopper. Study hard and wash my car, and you too can learn my secrets.
lol

When create advantage fails, either an advantage is created in the opponent's aid, or nothing happens. In this case, nothing happens, it doesn't make sense since he's not affecting the terrain or anything.
kk

Bit confused by your description, you grabbed a wing, and it tossed you into the air? And your aiming at the wing? Ok.
eh in my head i saw kai grabbing the edge of matts wing and since though's wings are so d*mn long(like 2 meters),i was thinking along the lines of kai using the wing to control his momentum and the stone part has to do with the fact that it fits with my stunt and hitting the edge of a wing is not as good as the base(which kai cant hit hand to hand).i was thinking the stone could punch a hole in his wing? or snap it?

[SPOILER=Defend]Forceful defend +3. His stunt activates: Hard Carapace: Has +2 to Forcefully defend against physical attacks while Shifted.
4d3-8+5 → [2,2,1,1,-8,5] = (3)
Man my rolls are terrible. You succeed by 5. Hitting his wing doesn't sound like a knock out blow, so describe how you knock him unconcious, or render him unable to fight. Don't worry about game mechanics, just be descriptive.
so wrap it up?

CoreBrute23
2014-09-09, 08:14 PM
OOC: Yeah it would punch a hole in the wing, not cause they are weak, but your deadly with a rock.

Wrap it up, describe how it ends.

tyranus
2014-09-09, 09:24 PM
Matt's wing's flexed and kai could clearly see the hole his "rock" had created,matt let loose an inhuman dual-tone roar and charged.kai who had gotten within 10 feet of the wall contorted his body to fit between the behemoth's legs.the beetle struck the wall head first his horns pushing his head up and causing him to bounce and fall on his *ss,he still hit the wall hard enough cause a shower of chipped concrete.

matt stood up and let forth a bellow of epic proportions,and again charged at kai who was at the other end of the room standing right in front of the vault like door.kai looked on his eyes two black pits in his skull,watching matts inhuman face contort in pain his maw hanging open spewing a foul liquid.the ugly motherf*cker was obliviously deranged at this point,kai thought to himself.He waited the eternity of matts approach,even now he could see the dude had speed.kai sat patiently with his belt ready.matt bent forward obliviously looking to either impale or pin him to a metel wall?this dude definitly did not have control of his sh*t.kai angled himself yet again to fit between this dudes legs slipping the closed belt over the inside toe of matts right foot,braced himself and yanked with all his might...

kai watched as the foot he was pulling turned at an angle it wasn't supposed to,pinched between the shell like parts of the beetles overly large foot. he watched as matts head continued its set path slamming into the afore mentioned door creating a Shuddering boom his head stopping about half a foot in.Matt's hit had barely damaged the door aside from the dent his head currently occupied.what was damaged and rather severely at that was the concrete surrounding the vault like door,the spider web of cracks actually quite an amazing feat in kai s opinion, was a product of the concusive reverberations.

kai thought it odd that matt was not changing back but he could tell the poor bastard was out for the count.beetle carapace head versus metal door,metal door wins go figure he said aloud.kai sat back and waited listening to the bellow like breathing of the large form in front of him."huh i hadnt thought of that" kai said to the silence a tone of surprise in his voice, he of course was refering to the obliviously very heavy super in front of him blocking the doorway.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-10, 12:31 PM
Professor Hamilton's voice surprisingly announces your victory. "The winner is Kai Roman." The door slides open, and a blue green haired medical student enters. He nods at you.

"Well done man. This guy looked tough." He slapped you on the back. "I'm pretty sure your in the quarter finals now. They are just waiting for the last match to finish between this summoner kid and Sting's illegitimate offspring."

He kneels down at the prone body and winces. "He's gonna be sore when he shifts back." He started waving his hand over the body, before turning to you.

"You can just walk over him to the lounge. I'd avoid stepping on him though-it's kinda bad form."

tyranus
2014-09-10, 02:07 PM
"Alright man I'll be on my way in a second".Kai snatched up a fist sized stone and put it in his pocket.

CoreBrute23
2014-09-10, 02:14 PM
OOC: Wait what? The horn snapped off? No, no I'm not allowing that. Uh uh. Not from the way you described it. It's not going to snap off from hitting a wall at non superhuman speeds.

IC: Matt shifts back into his human form, still unconscious. You notice broken pieces of his carapace disintegrate into blue energy.

tyranus
2014-09-10, 03:34 PM
It's not going to snap off from hitting a wall at non superhuman speeds.

well yes, but i did say he was going fast and his speed would be inherently inhuman just because of his muscles.Though it doesn't matter because the horn disintegrated right?
i fixed it so its like it never happened:smallwink:
ya sorry bout the no pargraph thing:smallbiggrin:
On his way out kai looked down at the battered form before him knowing that could have just as easily been him.
kai thought it curious that professor Hamilton had been the one to call the end of the match,but he did not dwell upon it