PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Setting Poll for a new DM

Cidius
2014-08-23, 06:36 PM
Ok i am in the process of creating a unique type of gameplay i hope with my idea.
However i dont know which would draw people in more so with only giving away the setting here are the options please vote on your favorite idea.

Land of the Rising Sun: In this setting which will be mainly in a Japanese setting will have 4 humans spirited away or have their spirits gathered up after a death to fight for a lake god. A kami who is fleeing the coming war to find greener pastures, he has selected or chosen you 4 as his retainers, guards, soldiers if you will to guard him and his domain. His domain is a bubble that he has taken from said lake and put into a clay basin, moving it from one side of the country to the other. Along the way you will know the truth’s of the spirit world and fight to both protect him, it, and the living world. As you do more missions more options will open up for the group, like enchanting weapons, becoming something other then human attuning yourself more with the spirit world (as you will start out as human and gradually gain new abilities, or esthetic features to make you less so). I plan on this game to be anime like in tone, a action comedy if you will, serious at times and stupid at times, expect to fight warlords to end empires and help an old lake kami steal a very special item (ecchi magazine).

Enter the Abyss: In this setting you and your fellow warriors have been resurrected, your lives and all you knew long gone from this world. The great goddess Gethwen has seen fit to resurrect you chosen few to bring about the resurrection of her beloved son, Cidius. Together with the guidance and help of your new gods, you shall embark to conquer the world, your world. You will serve gods that at one turn ask you to enslave, but at another ask you set free, gods who ask you to murder but yet frowns upon the act. Truly they are gods of complicated hypocrisies, the question being can you live with working for those who would ask of you to enslave, murder, kill, steal, for the sake of justice, to end starvation, to end sickness, and bring about a lasting peace. What price is to high? How deep are you willing to send your soul to save the world from itself. In this setting you are not limited, you may choose any race you want, any class you want as long as i give the go ahead.