PDA

View Full Version : E6 Feats for E6 Totemist

7th son of sons
2014-08-24, 02:40 AM
I'm participating in an E6 campaign coming up, and it seems to be a fun chance to play a Totemist. I originally considered Totemist 6, but I was pointed to Totemist 2/Incarnate 4, which I actually like a lot better. I know what kinds of soul melds I need, Girallon's Arms, Chaos Roc's Span, etc etc. The problem I have is finding what kind of feats I need. It's a good aligned campaign, so I will most likely be playing some Pathfinder Variant of the Aasimar (Because Pathfinder races are Ballin'), so my feat choices are 1-3 at first (if I want flaws), 1 at 3rd, and 1 at 6th, plus however many I can pick up after that, If the campaign runs that long. Any thoughts on making a powerful/effective melee damage class with the above constraints?

Wacky89
2014-08-24, 03:16 AM
you would want a race that has alot of natural attacks to keep up.
I would personally go with anthropomorphic Giant Octupus. It has 8 tentacles and a bite, altho it has 2 Monstrous Humanoid racial hd, if you can talk your gm into retraining them to class levels it would be perfect.
With girallon's blessing and Chaos Roc's Span you get a total of 15 attacks.
Personally I would go with RHD2/Lion Totem Barbarian 1 for pounce/Totemist 2/Incarnate 1

7th son of sons
2014-08-24, 03:47 AM
you would want a race that has alot of natural attacks to keep up.
I would personally go with anthropomorphic Giant Octupus. It has 8 tentacles and a bite, altho it has 2 Monstrous Humanoid racial hd, if you can talk your gm into retraining them to class levels it would be perfect.
With girallon's blessing and Chaos Roc's Span you get a total of 15 attacks.
Personally I would go with RHD2/Lion Totem Barbarian 1 for pounce/Totemist 2/Incarnate 1

Anthropomorphic Animals are absolutely out of the question, as they have been in any campaign I've been a part of or any of my group has been a part of. No RHD, No Templates. Just Class Levels. I don't need a new build, I just need feats for the one I have.

Mithril Leaf
2014-08-24, 05:11 AM
Person Man's Guide. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?127463-3-X-Extra-attacks-natural-attacks-AoO)
It contains many useful feats for gaining attack things, and his whole line is a great read.

Dread_Head
2014-08-24, 10:07 AM
Expanded Soulmeld Capacity, Multiattack, Bonus Essentia if you feel the need for it. Beyond that you really need to decide on the aim of your character. Melee combat focused will pick up Power Attack, possibly Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Natural Attack etc. Ranged (with Manticores Belt) will take archery feats etc.

Edit: Brilliant Totemist handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?287304-danzibr-s-Totemist-Handbook)

Coidzor
2014-08-24, 01:25 PM
Human Heritage(Races of Destiny, IIRC) > Aberration Blood(Lords of Madness) > Inhuman Reach(LoM) > Deepspawn(LoM), though if Human Heritage can be waived, such as by taking Mourning Mutate, all the better. 2 Tentacle attacks, +5' reach, and a minor bonus.

If you can get Dragontouched(Dragon Magic) > Dragon Tail(Races of the Dragon) at 1st level due to Flaws, or what have you, that'll net you a tail attack and the ability to take prehensile tail later on if you really wanted to for laughs. That'll also open up draconic soulmelds to you, which allows a pair of claws from first level from that draconic soulmeld.