PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Justiciar Prestige Class

Kevingway
2014-08-24, 08:35 PM
I'm having a hard time really finding the Justiciar's niche. I definitely want to take at least 5 levels of it, because I plan on using grapples as well as ability damage as best as I can. Trying to increase my options as much as possible with this class.

First, Crippling Strike: how can I use this (or stack it with additional strength damage as a melee character) to kill an opponent? What would be the most effective way of doing so? Getting multiple attacks, obviously, but how can I do so without devoting all my resources to it?

Second, Manacles: I've been reading a few threads giving some ideas on the "strongest manacles out there," but what other ideas to people have? Trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Third, Grapple rules: Can anybody find the archive that specifically notes what actions can be taken while pinning and grappling? I think I remember seeing that you can take one action while pinning per extra attack via BAB, but I'm unsure. Also, can someone help me justify taking 8th level instead of 5th level for the purposes of Hog-Tie, other than "grapple sucks?"

Fourth, entry: In what all ways can I get Track for free? I hate spending feat slots on feats that I'm probably not going to use and without the Dark Chaos Shuffle. Skill Focus, as well.

Thanks!

paperarmor
2014-08-24, 08:49 PM
a good way of using Justiciar is to use it's ability to render a foe helpless and then use Coup de grace to finish them off which you can do as a standard action with the death blow feat.

Ranger 1 gets track as a bonus feat. so I'd go Ranger 1/ factotum 8/ justiciar 5-8 (depending on when you actually want to try and pull off the hog-tie) something else x take quick draw and use the cunning surge to gain an extra standard action to start a coup de grace after the hog tie.

Amphetryon
2014-08-24, 09:06 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255215-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-in-the-Playground-XXXVII) are some ideas on Justiciar.

dysprosium
2014-08-25, 10:32 AM
For Track as a bonus feat: Ranger 1, Deepwarden (prc)1, Deneith Warden (prc), Broken One Monk (level substitution), Noble Heart Paladin (level substitution), Royal Explorer (3.0 prc) 2, Sentinel of Bharrai (prc) 1, Wolf Totem Barbarian (UA variant) 5.

For Skill Focus (gather information) as bonus feat: Brass Dragon Shaman 2.