PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder I have no idea what to do for feats, plz help

Hazrond
2014-08-24, 10:26 PM
So for a game im in i am going to be playing a sorcerer, Verdant bloodline, believes himself to be something of an outdoorsman, so after grabbing Realistic Likeness (im a kitsune) at first level im stuck with a bit of a conundrum, i am a bit inexperienced with pathfinder so i wanted to know what feats i should take, i figure i will grab craft woundrous item when it becomes available but other than that i cant think of much that i could take besides the Magical Tail racial feat (a bunch of Spell-likes obtained in order). Any suggestions?

Arbane
2014-08-24, 10:55 PM
So for a game im in i am going to be playing a sorcerer, Verdant bloodline, believes himself to be something of an outdoorsman, so after grabbing Realistic Likeness (im a kitsune) at first level im stuck with a bit of a conundrum, i am a bit inexperienced with pathfinder so i wanted to know what feats i should take, i figure i will grab craft woundrous item when it becomes available but other than that i cant think of much that i could take besides the Magical Tail racial feat (a bunch of Spell-likes obtained in order). Any suggestions?

If you're playing a Sorcerer, Magical Tail's probably not worth it - you can get most of those spells normally. (If you really want to be a Nine-Tailed Fox, ask the GM if you can grow a new one every time you get a spell level.)

Here's a good (if possibly out-of-date) Sorcerer guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XRNMhW8ZVJKmgQGcDdF1W-E-Ualj0H9wPVxK_BgSY2s
(If it shows a lot of editing set it from 'suggesting' to 'viewing' mode.)

Hazrond
2014-08-24, 11:00 PM
Here's a good (if possibly out-of-date) Sorcerer guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XRNMhW8ZVJKmgQGcDdF1W-E-Ualj0H9wPVxK_BgSY2s
(If it shows a lot of editing set it from 'suggesting' to 'viewing' mode.)

I have read that guide, (as well as a few others) but im still at a loss as to what i should actually TAKE, unlike 3.5, PF has alot less feats as far as i can tell :smallfrown:

Arbane
2014-08-25, 12:13 AM
For a spellcaster, Improved Initiative and Combat Casting are always safe choices. At higher levels, consider Metamagic feats.

Hazrond
2014-08-25, 12:29 AM
For a spellcaster, Improved Initiative and Combat Casting are always safe choices. At higher levels, consider Metamagic feats.

Sounds good, i kind of wish there was an Obtain Familiar style feat in PF, im not sure but is there such a thing?

torrasque666
2014-08-25, 12:36 AM
Crossblooded archetype. Arcane Bloodline+Verdant. Take the Obtain Familiar power instead of the 1st Verdant one.

Of course, I don't think that -2 to will saves is worth a familiar.

Hazrond
2014-08-25, 12:40 AM
Crossblooded archetype. Arcane Bloodline+Verdant. Take the Obtain Familiar power instead of the 1st Verdant one.

Of course, I don't think that -2 to will saves is worth a familiar.

The DM for this game has disallowed archetypes for the sake of simplicity, are you sure there is not any other way of obtaining one?

Bhaakon
2014-08-25, 12:47 AM
The DM for this game has disallowed archetypes for the sake of simplicity, are you sure there is not any other way of obtaining one?

Eldritch Heritage feat, Arcane Bloodline.

It's going to cost you 2 feats and lag 2 levels behind you, but it's a familiar without an archetype.

Hazrond
2014-08-25, 12:52 AM

It's going to cost you 2 feats and lag 2 levels behind you, but it's a familiar without an archetype.

Im starting to get the feeling that this is more trouble than its worth, i have also looked through all the metamagic feats for PF and really they seem rather bland to me, Maximize, Heighton, Quicken, the usual stuff, i am questioning whether i should even bother with using them outside of maybe maximize

grarrrg
2014-08-25, 01:06 AM

Technically it only lags 2 levels behind for the "specials".
The base stats would still be your full level's worth (the HP/Bab/Saves/etc...)

Urpriest
2014-08-25, 10:27 AM
Im starting to get the feeling that this is more trouble than its worth, i have also looked through all the metamagic feats for PF and really they seem rather bland to me, Maximize, Heighton, Quicken, the usual stuff, i am questioning whether i should even bother with using them outside of maybe maximize

Persistent is very nice, and there's a lot of fun to be had with Dazing.