PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Survivor PrC and Follow-Ups

Kevingway
2014-08-24, 11:49 PM
With a PrC like the Survivor from Savage Species, you pretty much get feats that are obtained from many other different classes in one package. These are Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, and damage reduction 5/-.

Assuming earliest entry with a level 1 Commoner, where does the Survivor go from here in terms of fulfilling the prerequisites for other classes using his class abilities? Any class that has Evasion or Uncanny Dodge as a prerequisite is of course what I'm trying to determine, as other things can be fulfilled in different ways. Also, these classes must not have a BAB requirement, which makes the choices very narrow.

Bonus points if the class in question (or any feats that these class abilities also qualify for) also gives some more Damage Reduction /-

Darrin
2014-08-25, 06:55 AM
Assuming earliest entry with a level 1 Commoner, where does the Survivor go from here in terms of fulfilling the prerequisites for other classes using his class abilities? Any class that has Evasion or Uncanny Dodge as a prerequisite is of course what I'm trying to determine, as other things can be fulfilled in different ways. Also, these classes must not have a BAB requirement, which makes the choices very narrow.

Hmmm. Drunken Master and Fochlucan Lyrist require evasion. The rest of those prereqs are going to be a PITA, though.

Kevingway
2014-08-25, 07:59 AM
PrCs with no BAB in general work, as well. I'm actually playing with the idea of going Beast Heart Adept with it. Would just be nice to use those abilities acquired by the Survivor, as well as upgrade that Evasion to Improved if possible.

dysprosium
2014-08-25, 09:16 AM
The Thief Acrobat prestige class gains improved evasion at Level 5 and has no BAB requirements, just skill ranks and evasion.

Kevingway
2014-08-25, 10:32 AM
The Thief Acrobat prestige class gains improved evasion at Level 5 and has no BAB requirements, just skill ranks and evasion.

Hm, that fits the flavor surprisingly well! While it's all mundane defense, going for a character that has absolutely no offensive capabilities is oddly satisfying. :P

Aliek
2014-08-25, 10:49 AM
I was going to suggest war hulk, but it has a +5 BAB pre-requisite.

Instead, since it'll be hard to be a good melee with +0 BAB by level 6, how about Apostle of Peace? It could even make for a great backstory :smallbiggrin:

Darrin
2014-08-25, 03:30 PM

You could follow Survivor 5/Thief Acrobat 5 with Legacy Champion 10. Get 8 more levels of Survivor!

XmonkTad
2014-08-25, 05:49 PM
Commoner 1/Survivor 5/Thief Acrobat 5/Fortune's Friend 5/Pious Templar 1/X 1?

Luck feats (especially Dumb Luck and Survivor's Luck) can make your already prodigious defensive abilities even better! Pious templar for mettle (which I really think survivor should have given, but whatever).

MilesTiden
2014-08-25, 09:05 PM
Well, keep in mind Survivor is a 3.0 class, which kinda predates mettle. Well, technically you have Templar and Moto Avenger, but those are the only sources of mettle in 3.0. Also, I've had an idea for a Survivor build running around, but I pretty much exclusively play gestalt so it's not particularly useful. :smalltongue:

Piggy Knowles
2014-08-26, 09:33 AM
Oh, come on. Everyone knows the ideal Survivor build is mongrelfolk VoP Survivor going into Apostle of Peace. Just take Roll With It with all your non-Exalted feat slots and walk around in a dirty old robe, with every attack rolling off you like water.