PDA

View Full Version : Npc party

SliceandDiceKid
2014-08-25, 07:06 AM
Building a vow of poverty party to bring my players to justice after they have just killed a paladin. Any advice on a race they should all be or should I mix it up on them? The idea I had was they're an elite group devoted to the paladin's deity (still undetermined) who are tasked to avenge his murder.

I'm looking at a group of 5 between the levels 4 and ecl 10

Any advice on classes for my 5 VoPers would be appreciated. I don't want to reveal more intended plot or NPC info in case my players run across this.

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Inevitability
2014-08-25, 08:35 AM
Okay, someone has to say it, so...

Why VoP? It's horrible.

Also, why does your group have a friggin' six level difference? :smalleek:

SliceandDiceKid
2014-08-25, 09:11 AM
I guess it isn't necessary. But I wanted to do it.

Someone else was DMing for a while and let people do some crazy things. The ones who died got to reroll with ridiculous templates. A few are even gestalt now. Two are necropolitan (not a problem in my book), one of which is half fiend drow lvl 6, and then others are lower and rerolled. There are different reasons for the excessive power difference. I'm hoping to reign it in.

dysprosium
2014-08-25, 09:20 AM
In general if you are going to use Vow of Poverty the builds should be able to function by just class features.

Your best bets are Druid and incarnum classes. An Eschew Materials Sorcerer could work too. You could even make an unarmed Swordsage work.