PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clarification on Matter Agitation.

Asrrin
2014-08-25, 11:36 AM
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level

I would like to get as close to RAW as I can regarding this line of the power. Does Matter Agitation:

1. Lasts until manifester stops concentrating, and then lasts a minute per level after.
2. Lasts until manifester stops concentrating, but only for a minute per level.

Psyren
2014-08-25, 12:08 PM
Your second option is closer but I'm still not sure you worded it correctly. Here is how I would write it:

"3. Lasts for as long as the manifester concentrates, or for 1 min./level, whichever is shorter."

Basically the min./level is a potential cap. If you concentrate for 3 rounds and stop, that is shorter, so the power ends. If you try to concentrate for an hour, min./level is likely shorter than that, so you won't get to the full hour and the power will end once it has gone as long as it can.

Red Fel
2014-08-25, 12:08 PM
I would like to get as close to RAW as I can regarding this line of the power. Does Matter Agitation:

1. Lasts until manifester stops concentrating, and then lasts a minute per level after.
2. Lasts until manifester stops concentrating, but only for a minute per level.

Closer to 2. Think about it this way. Say you have ML 5. That means that the upper limit is 1 min/level, or 5 minutes. Thus, the effect lasts for as long as you concentrate, up to a maximum of 5 minutes. If you concentrated for 4 minutes, and then stopped, the effect would stop. If you concentrated for 6 minutes, the effect would end after 5.

It lasts until you stop concentrating, but the duration caps out at 1 min/level. Make sense?