PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Wright Question

keeper2161
2014-08-25, 01:55 PM
So say you have Dedicated Wright and you want to make an item with a base cost of 48,000 which to make would cost 24,000. That would take 24 days. Now I have heard that (I have never crafted anything before) you don't have to spend all day working on the item aka 8 hours/day. Now a Dedicated Wright doesn't sleep, eat, or drink. He could work all day long. So if we did 8 hours/day for 24 days that would be 192 hours of work. So if the Dedicated Wright worked every day all day he would finish in 8 days. Is this an example of real world logic does not equal D&D? Do you think I should bring this to my DM or just let it slide and wait a 24 days (in-game).

Zaq
2014-08-25, 02:00 PM
The rules say you can only spend 8 hours per day crafting, period. There's no provision for creatures who don't sleep working overtime.

I don't know your GM, but in general, when you're dealing with crafting, it's best not to push your luck. Crafting tends to be a messy business overall, and you don't want to make your GM think you're doing anything abusive, because it's not hard for a GM to make a crafter's life pretty miserable. If you've already got access to a Dedicated Wright, you're doing pretty well for yourself, so it might be best not to push it. That said, if your GM is a very accommodating sort of person, it might be worth it to ask, but not knowing what your GM is like, I personally wouldn't risk it.

keeper2161
2014-08-25, 02:17 PM
Alright thank you

Telonius
2014-08-25, 02:27 PM
It would take you 48 days rather than 24; crafting time is based on 1 day per 1000gp of the base price, not 1 day per 1000gp in the gp costs.