PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Contruct Incarnate Maug??

Starchild7309
2014-08-25, 02:43 PM
OK so I am trying to create a bruiser for my PC's to run into and I was going to try the Construct Incarnate Maug, but my brain is just working....So what would the maug's stats, abilities and such look like after the template is applied? Not sure if it can be posted here, but if not and you know, just send me a private message. Thanks in advance.

Urpriest
2014-08-25, 03:58 PM
OK so I am trying to create a bruiser for my PC's to run into and I was going to try the Construct Incarnate Maug, but my brain is just working....So what would the maug's stats, abilities and such look like after the template is applied? Not sure if it can be posted here, but if not and you know, just send me a private message. Thanks in advance.

Specifically, what part of applying the template is tripping you up?

Starchild7309
2014-08-25, 04:52 PM
ok well i think whats messing me up is the RHD. They would be construct HD, but do they change to giant HD after the template since its type changes? Also, since its no longer a construct but a giant can it now run? Also, and I should know this, but do the two RHD count towards the feats gained at 1, 3, 6, 9, 12HD? I think thats all I got now, I might have more as I move along.

torrasque666
2014-08-25, 06:12 PM
Yes, Racial Hit Die are dependent on type, you can't take Dragon Hit Die when you're a Humanoid, for example. As a Maug is Large, it becomes a Giant, thus changing all of its HD to Giant RHD. It gains all abilities inherent to Giant HD, and loses all of the traits associated with Construct HD. And yes, RHD doe count for feats.

Urpriest
2014-08-25, 08:36 PM
Yes, Racial Hit Die are dependent on type, you can't take Dragon Hit Die when you're a Humanoid, for example.

This is actually a little ambiguous for Incarnate Construct, because it's from 3.0, and the Augmented subtype didn't exist yet, so by default there's no way to know whether you're supposed to keep the features of the old type or not. In this case that's not a problem, though, because Incarnate Construct explicitly says what to do with hit dice, BAB, and base saves.

Yogibear41
2014-08-26, 02:50 AM
This is actually on my list of things to play one day.

This is my opinion of what you get:

2 Giant Racial Hit die
Skill points as an outsider for those 2 levels
Lose-1st level feat (because of how the template is worded) you might want to throw this out
Gain all the benefits of being the Giant Type as listed in the MM
Proficient with the Exotic Weapon used in the original Maug's Description
Ability Modifiers as the Original Maug
+1 LA

All in all I think its pretty sweet for just a +1 LA, even if you have 2 RHD to deal with.