PDA

View Full Version : Rocks Fall (IC)

begooler
2014-08-25, 09:09 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/189/6/b/The_Luminous_Cavern_by_garygill.jpg

Rocks Fall

Copied from OOC thread...
Summary:
Vartrellor, also known as the serpent, is a continent composed of a chain of islands. Near the serpent's head is a small cluster of islands controlled by the young Lord Darren Wickes, a human, who recently inherited the territory when his father passed away. Shortly thereafter, Darren's bastard half-brother Linder, a half elf, laid claim to one of the islands, Thorngait Fen, and has begun to build a settlement there.

Thorngait Fen is a ring of mountainous cliffs surrounding a highland valley. A river runs from one end of the valley to a pass through the hills, and into the low, marshy grassland and swamps. Linder's settlement is in these highlands, which in the future will provide good farmland but the settlement is still too young to have reaped a harvest. With him Linder has brought a small guard, mostly of common folk hoping to be granted nobility, and peasant farmers who are hoping to settle on some land on which they can live comfortably.

Not surprisingly, Darren opposes these efforts. The two brothers have engaged in a few naval battles as Darren tries to divert people and supplies from the settlement, and recently he has succeeded in setting up a blockade in the marsh where the river enters Thorngait Fen's valley.

The adventures have been sought out by Lady Ester Madison, a wealthy aunt of the two brothers who controls land on the opposite side of Vartrellor. She has organized a shipment of food to send to Thorngait Fen so that the settlement can survive long enough to become self-sustaining. As far as your group can tell, her motivations seem primarily to be to create an embarrassment for Darren, a result of a longstanding personal conflict between them. Money seems to be no issue for Aunt Ester.

Lady Ester Madison has equipped you with the following vessel:
The Lemur
Huge vehicle; Seaworthiness +0; +2; Speed oars 15 ft. (good); Overall AC 3; Hull hp 50 (hard- ness 5); Ram 2d6; Mounts —; Space 15 ft. by 5 ft.; Height 5 ft. (draft 2-1/2 ft.); Complement 8; Watch 1 plus 2 rowers; Cargo 4 tons (Speed oars 10 ft. if 2 tons or more)

The Lemur is carrying 2 tons of foodstuffs. It is equipped with spare oars, and sufficient equipment to tow it on shore if need be.

Seaworthiness: The ship’s overall sturdiness. This modifier is applied to any Profession (sailor) checks the captain or master makes in order to avoid foundering, sinking, and hazards that large, well-built vessels avoid more easily than small and frail ones.

Shiphandling: The ship’s agility and nimbleness. This modifier is applied to Profession (sailor) checks the captain or master makes in order to avoid collisions, come about, sail close to the wind, and other situations that small, swift vessels avoid more easily than large and clumsy ones.

To avoid the blockade on the river, you will be navigating the Lemur down a waterway through a cavern. You'll have more details about the known dangers in the cavern, but that will come after you draw up your characters. Your character might be on this mission because of some allegiance to Lady Madison or Linder, because he/she has family in the settlement, for a reward, or just because they're a nice person that doesn't want the settlers to go hungry. Or maybe your goal is to sabotage the whole thing.
There will be opportunities to overcome some of the obstacles along the way by role playing methods instead of combat.

If you are successful, you have been promised a reward far in excess of the value of your cargo. Individual characters may also have been promised specific rewards to motivate them.

Character Creation
Game system: 3.P (Pathfinder rules, with material from 3.5 allowed.)

Allowed books: PFSRD; Wizard's published 3.5 books, except FR material, no dragon magazine. 3.0 material by individual approval only.

Players: 3-4. Prefer modest/moderate optimization for gestalt.
Level: 4th, Gestalt
Attributes: 25 PF point buy
Wealth: standard for 4th level. Consumables cost 2x as much, with the exception of scrolls that are copied into spellbooks. Personally crafted items are NOT half price.
Races: any 10rp or less pathfinder race. If there's a 3.5 race you want adjusted for pathfinder run it by me. No LA races. Humanoids preferred.
Classes: See allowed material.
HP/BAB/Saves: Full hp at 1st level, 75% of what the max would be for your HD after that. (Add up all the HD, then take the 75%, then add con.) Fractional BAB/saves, the +2 for a good save is only added the first time.
One flaw, two pathfinder traits allowed.
Pacing:
Because this content was originally meant for a one shot, don't expect many chances to rest along the way.
Background: You don't need to write a whole deal up, but communicate who your character is and what makes them tick. The continent of Vartrellor is a diverse island chain that can contain whatever background setting a reasonable character would require. Even if you don't detail a lot about your character's past, I do need to understand why they would be here right now.
Deadline:
On Friday I'll select four(ish) characters for a party and start an OOC. Please finish your sheets by then. Players will be allowed to make minor changes and finish up trivial equipment after the party is formed. I'll open IC on Sunday evening, US Central time.. (Sorry, I'd do it at the beginning of the weekend but this weekend I'm going to be a bit busy and I want to make sure I'm around to commit to getting things moving along.)

Edits from player questions answered:
Source for Gestalt rules. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm)
Source for Pathfinder traits. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits)
DSP psionics (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed)is allowed, but other 3rd party is generally not.

PC's:

Name
Player
Race
Class

Orris 'Black Flag' Vink (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=990310)
Erik Vale
Gnome
Warlock//Bard

Aukar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16843)
Cazero
Half Orc
Barbarian//Cleric

Yazeh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=990474)
TheMightyQuinn
Lizardfolk
Rogue//Barbarian

Milo Lennox (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=645213)
PChubby
Human
Aegis//Psion

Lady Ester Madison has one of her men brief you before your journey. He speaks in a slow drawn out voice which is more apt to lull you to sleep than it is to impart knowledge.

(Paraphrased quest information!)
Dangers! Adventurers have gone before and not come back, some were sent on previous missions commissioned by Lady Madison. The cavern is filled with some kind of illusions, also a Medusa. Yes, the kind that turn you to stone. Cowardly adventurers before you have tried to sneak by her or flee; they were slain. If you bring back her head as proof that you have made the cavern safe for future passage, Lady Madison will give you an additional reward.

The group has time to gather some last minute supplies, and then embarks on their trip through the marsh. So far the party has been able to guide the Lemur without difficulty, and with no encounters with Darren's forces. Within the hour the Lemur should arrive at the entrance of the cavern.

You can make some adjustments to equipment and coordinate how you are working together. Try to keep the equipment stuff in OOC and in character here you can let your crew get to know each other a little bit and prepare for your trip through the cavern.

I will post some maps from time to time as necessary, for the most part we will estimate distances and positioning. I will also use block initiative, meaning whoever rolls higher than the monster can go in any order, then the monster goes, and then the rest of the party goes in any order. It makes for less waiting between actions.

begooler
2014-08-25, 09:10 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTofrrfelCT2lPqdbekhIX64h2G4Mcph bLozoXooeLsba8o0UqcfCL0yuA

The Lemur
Buoyancy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/buoyancy) (24 hours)
Pulled by two astral constructs.

Current Speed: 15ft (intentionally travelling more slowly, 10ft/round)
Current AC: 3
Current HP: 50

Huge vehicle; Seaworthiness +0; +2; Speed oars 15 ft. (good); Overall AC 3; Hull hp 50 (hard- ness 5); Ram 2d6; Mounts —; Space 15 ft. by 5 ft.; Height 5 ft. (draft 2-1/2 ft.); Complement 8; Watch 1 plus 2 rowers; Cargo 4 tons (Speed oars 10 ft. if 2 tons or more)

The Lemur is carrying 2 tons of foodstuffs. It is equipped with spare oars, and sufficient equipment to tow it on shore if need be.

Seaworthiness: The ship’s overall sturdiness. This modifier is applied to any Profession (sailor) checks the captain or master makes in order to avoid foundering, sinking, and hazards that large, well-built vessels avoid more easily than small and frail ones.

Shiphandling: The ship’s agility and nimbleness. This modifier is applied to Profession (sailor) checks the captain or master makes in order to avoid collisions, come about, sail close to the wind, and other situations that small, swift vessels avoid more easily than large and clumsy ones.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-08-26, 09:29 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

*Standing at the port railing, Yazeh does his part to call out various snares and hidden dangers of his swampy homeland. A small vessel like the Lemur was easy enough to navigate through even the tightest of spots, though he would have been more comfortable making his way on foot. Time was of the essence, and that was not an option.*

*As the vessel comes to the mouth of the tributary that leads to the cavern lake, Yazeh turns away from the rail - the sailing would be clear enough that his expertise wouldn't be needed for a while. Instead, he moves towards the other crewmembers, his slitted eyes blinking slowly as he begins to speak.*
"What do you know of the beast that lives in the cave? My people have stories and legends about the fate that awaits all who enter the cave. The stories do not end well. Heroes have supposedly come and gone, but even they pay a hefty price for their trespasses."

*With a heavy sigh, he reaches up to scratch dryly at his chin, the sound of his claws rasping on his scales harsh and gravelly, like sand paper.*
"I will not back down from my word, but I have no doubt that we will suffer for our path. It is best to accept that now."

Cazero
2014-08-27, 03:51 AM
Aukar keeps a vigilant watch on starboard, but with obvious unease. He is not used to the marsh, and seems somehow relieved when he turns around to answer.
"I have heard many tales of medusa. Most don't end well. Their gaze made futile many acts of bravery. Fighting one won't be easy. But I am prepared for such a fight, and with Sarenrae's blessing, I have faith we can win."

The half-orc then have a look at the cargo.
"Yet we must not forget our main mission. The shipment must go through, no matter how well we defend against what awaits us in that cave. Avoiding any fighting is the best way to ensure that."

PChubby
2014-08-28, 01:25 AM
Milo makes his way about the ship with intent. He carefully checks the cargo before walking the perimiter of the boat. Periodically peering over the side, he makes notes in a clipboard as he makes his way around the ship. Finally, Milo pauses to check his constructs before heading to where the rest of the party is gathered, arriving as Aukar finishes speaking.

"Agreed. No offense to your talents gentlemen but I'd rather avoid a risky confrontation if it means we get this cargo to port." He says with a nod and bow of respect.

Knowledge: [roll0] to see what Milo recalls about Medusas (I think it's Nature but his Knowledge mod is the same for the big 5 and I hope it's not a Psionic Medusa)

Erik Vale
2014-08-28, 06:19 AM
Orris oversees the last of the cargo being placed in the hold, it'd seem too much, however some spell he cast caused the boat to float higher... Having also previously plotted out the path, he comes with some hazy goggles around his neck.

Orris looks over Yazeh with an appraising eye, he looked like he would be a good companion.
"They say Medusa keep rooms filled with those they've turned to stone artistically displayed, and that you'll join the statues if you meet their many eyed gaze, so we may not have much choice... However we need not fight it, and I could navigate another path, it's simply this one is much faster and avoids much of the blockade, those of us who can breath the water or fore-thought to bought glazed goggles should be ok, as long as she doesn't actively seek combat..."
Turning to Milo and his constructs Orris smiles.

"Ah, Milo, I've heard good things of you. Perhaps tugging constructs would be best if slower, I've a wand which means you should be able to stay below in the hold for much of the trip, if you desire to be safer. In fact, if I use the wand on you, we might make better time... It just lets you 'rest' while awake, I know many mages and psychics like them, I believe the spell's called 'Keep watch... I can even help tie them to the ship'"

Knowledge about the Medusa, +1 if it's nature, +2 if Geography, +4 if engineering. +3 if Bardic Knack [3.5] ranks count as ranks for the purposes of having ranks in pathfinder for the +3.
[roll0]

TheMightyQuinn
2014-08-28, 10:21 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

*Turning his reptilian eyes slowly from one crewmate to another, Yazeh shifted his weight slowly, his shoulders hunching instinctively for a moment before he forces himself to relax, reminding himself that he wasn't being surrounded - this was no trap. We are in this together. Allies. We are truced.*

*Letting his mind wander for a moment, Yazeh considers what he might know about such monsters, but shakes his head in disgust.*
"I know not about statues or art. I only know my people speak of death and fear in the dark. Stalwart warriors and shamans too afraid to tempt the depths. How does one fight such a thing that turns men to rock. With a gaze? How can any hide from her sight and be safe?"

*Pulling a dagger from his belt, he absently starts picking at the dirt under one of his claws. He tries to look at ease, but the wary eyed will see his gaze shifting around the surrounding swamps, seemingly heartened by the feel of solid steel in his hands - something tangeable he could rely on.*
"My word is my bond - I took my coin and knew it would be dangerous, but I don't like standing in a battle I cannot win. I will not throw my life away."

OOC:

Alright - I've got NOTHING for knowledge Arcana. lol
Ask me something nature related and I'm your man.
On that note, let's make a Perception check for good measure, shall we?
[roll0]

begooler
2014-08-29, 03:08 PM
The astral constructs untiringly pull the boat along. Orris's spell allows the Lemur to travel at its maximum speed despite being laden with goods. It cuts through swaths of algae and marsh plants while birds, insects and frogs can be heard. The occasional hill or rock formation lets you know you're getting close to the cavern.

About 80 ft ahead, on the other side of a land bar is a boat with three men on board. You will need to pass within at least 20ft or closer of this boat in order to get to your destination.

The standard the boat is bearing is definitely Darren's. You also discern that the men do not yet see you.

Knowing that this is one of Darren's boats you can if you choose:
Bluff DC 25 or Profession Sailor DC 15: Pass your boat off as one of Darren's ships by making the correct hail. Once you are within 20ft the men may still be able to figure out that you're not one of them and further bluff or disguise checks may be necessary.

Cazero
2014-08-29, 03:39 PM
Aukar have a smirk while looking around.
"Rock. Some land you can trust. We're getting close to the cave."

1d20+11

Cazero
2014-08-29, 04:14 PM
For real this time
Perception : [roll0]

Cazero
2014-08-29, 05:08 PM
Suddenly, the half-orc points his finger and says, with a low voice :
"Look out, there is a boat ahead, behind the land bar."

He slowly turns around to get a better view, avoiding any noisy moves.
"It seems to be one of Darren's. Only three men, nothing like a blockade, but if they were to simply watch the cave, they would be hidden in the swamp, not aboard. They did not saw us yet. Maybe we could pretend working for Darren? It could allow us to pass without a fight, and should at least get us close enough to board."

Erik Vale
2014-08-29, 07:40 PM
Orris slowly nods.
"Or I and Yazeh can go overboard and sink her from under while we wait... They're idle for blockaders, perhaps you two can lay anchor for a while or could continue, slowly, feigning to be one of Darren's and lay anchor when they start sinking so we can catch up... And with two of us it'd be much safer than normal."

TheMightyQuinn
2014-08-30, 02:59 AM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

Profession (sailor) to know which signal to give. I assume if I make it, it's something he's seen before, having been from the area.
[roll0]

Then we'll go with a knowledge Nature check to see how much Yazeh really knows about that pesky medusa. I thought it was Knowledge - Arcana for them, but I'm not about to complain.
[roll1]

I also saw a swim check in the OOC, so I'll roll that and stealth check here to get it out of the way before it's actually needed. Just in case.
Swim
[roll2]

Stealth
[roll3]
Edit: I forgot to put in there my Stealthy Swimmer bonus - +2, so it's actually a 19. Still not the Crazy awesome 28 I saw earlier, but not bad. Not bad.

*His keen eyes catching sight of the boat only moments after Aukar and nods.*
"We could sink it, yes. Or we could take it - they are only three men, and the element of surprise would even those odds nicely. Why waste such a gift as the boat when we could tow it along? The silver men -"
*Motioning to the constructs with a single clawed hand*
" - are pulling us with enough speed and power that they would hardly notice."

*With a shrug, he gives an evil grin.*
"I will admit that I would enjoy the fight, but if nothing else, we moore it inside the cave and leave it for later."

Erik Vale
2014-08-30, 05:41 PM
Orris raises his brow.
"I think you're putting the ship before the wood... However, if we stayed close enough and Milo is willing we could, but it needs to be decided soon, sink it, bluff, or steal it."

PChubby
2014-09-02, 08:29 PM
"Hate ruin anyone's fun but Orris is right. I've been on enough boats I can probably signal something close to what they're looking for. If the get too close, someone else will have to do the talking. I'm not much of a liar. Aaaand if all that goes south, you can have your fun." Milo pauses, his lips faintly moving as he goes over some mental list before using a mirror to signal the men in the waiting skiff.

Milo spends 1 PP to power his Shard of Profession (Sailor) +5 and get an assist from his Psicrystal

Milo Profession (Sailor): [roll0]
Psicrystal Profession (Sailor): [roll1] to assist

Erik Vale
2014-09-02, 08:49 PM
Orris slowly nods.
"Ok then." Orris thinks through the responses.
"Everyone look lively and be prepared to take their ship... Mooring it's a good idea though I've a feeling we won't be able to utilise it."

Aid another for Profession Sailor: [roll0]

begooler
2014-09-03, 12:19 AM
Milo hails the boat, just as its captain turns to notice the Lemur. She first waves to get the attention of the two marines who are watching other directions intently, then returns the appropriate hail. The captain, bent over a parchment document on which she is currently taking notation, is distinguished by her epulates and carries only a well-crafted looking bow, while the marines assisting her wield some bows, guisarmes, and spiked guantlets. All are wearing leather armor.

"We were just updating our logs. Can we assist you with anything?"

At this moment a hawk overhead lets out a screech, and begins to circle above the boat.

Ok, I gave you a free surprise round, here is a real one. Go ahead and roll init and post a surprise round action. (1 standard) Currently, Yazeh and Orris are stealthing underwater towards the boat while a diversion is being created. You can all take one standard action before the others react.

If you continue to bluff the other boat, I'll keep the init and give you another surprise round in the event that combat begins.

Edit: I misinterpretted Orris and Yazeh's actions and just edited. (They are not sneaking, they are still on the boat.) Round by round isn't necessary while you are negotiating.

Cazero
2014-09-03, 01:49 AM
Initiative : [roll0]
Bluff : [roll1]

Aukar mutters internaly.

What were they thinking? I'm not a liar either ! I'm a man of faith !
At least I had time to think up a somewhat believable story. Maybe I can get enough time to board easily, I can't jump in armor. Wait, do I open my lips to smile? People do that, but they don't have my tusks...

Taked out of his thoughts by the captain hails, he answers :
"Actually, yes. We are supposed to set a cache for a siege camp. We had a wizard use magic to load above normal capacity, but we took more time than expected sailing in that swamp, and I don't know if the spell won't wear off before we make it to the planned spot. Could you store some of that food in your boat for us?"

Erik Vale
2014-09-03, 02:38 AM
"Oh I know when the spell ends, you lot just don't trust me, and of course they want food, ours is fresher, and I'm not parting easy with the stuff I'm paying to bring!"
Orris puts his voice an octave higher, looking away to make sure he can't be identified. With a hidden motion his psuedodragon 'Percy' begins to fly up, and he quickly shouts out in draconic.
"Ah, Percy! That's their bird! Later!" Orris easily falls into the role of the ships mage, while not many know the language he's speaking in, more than a few have heard it just before a wizards done something, and now Percy will look like a familiar, something that adds quite nicely into the act.

Aid Another on Bluff: Auto Success [+10 Mod, current result 19]
Disguise to fake another voice: [roll0]

begooler
2014-09-03, 06:17 AM
The captain consults the marines for a moment quietly, and then responds.

"We ought not stray too far off our own course but if its a supply emergency, we certainly should help. Where is the cache?"

She gives Orris an odd look, then calls to the bird. "Oy, Zephyr, leave the mercenaries be." The hawk begins to glide back in her direction.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-03, 12:07 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

*As the others deal quite proficiently with the soldiers, Yazeh stands back, doing his best to look inconspicuous as he leans back against the mast.*
These ones are quite good at lies. A fine quality to have in times of need, but will I know when they're lying to me? Hmm... humans. So hard to trust. So fast to betray.

*His brow lowered in a scowl, Yazeh folds his arms over his chest, trying to look like nothing more than another bit of hired muscle - it wasn't his job to talk. Just to act when the trouble started. Still. He braced one foot on the mast to serve as a solid point to push off of if he had to charge quickly.*

Cazero
2014-09-03, 01:39 PM

Bluff : [roll0]
making up on the spot a decent position for a siege camp and guessing the alternative path "taken" by Darren's regulars :
Knowledge(nature) : [roll1]
Survival : [roll2]
(can't make knowledge local, but implied someone else in the crew could know the spot better than me)

"We're supposed to hide our cargo and start building a small camp somewhere on the other side of the cave with the medusa over there."
Aukar points toward the cave.
"Then we contact him and keep watch until you regulars show up. As I understood, lord Darren wants to open a new frontline. I guess he can't make his guys carry what we're bringing with his planned march, and I can't tell exactly trough where he intend to bring his men, but we could show you the camp spot on a map."

begooler
2014-09-03, 10:29 PM
"A medusa you say? We scouted the entrance of a cave and are going to investigate it more later.

I don't have this information. Who's the superior officer you are working under?"

Astral constructs have towed your boat within 50ft of the other vessel.

PChubby
2014-09-03, 11:47 PM
While Orris and Aukar carry on with captain, Milo keeps himself occupied with calculations on his clipboard. Those onboard the Lemure notice it begins to slow slightly.

Milo slows the constructs as needed to allow the conversation to continue, avoiding any obstacles etc. He also casts Conceal Thoughts (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/c/conceal-thoughts) in case he's asked a question directly.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-04, 12:31 AM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

"We were paid by Lieutenant Bronislav Tore. Perhaps you've heard of him? My people tell stories of how he deals with incompetence. Perhaps we speak incorrectly."
*With a shrug, Yazeh turns to the others with a dismissive wave to the boat.*

"Let us be about our business - I'd not anger our employer and risk our pay or worse for their sake."

Erik Vale
2014-09-04, 12:59 AM
Orris snorts.
"What, you got fish bones stuck in your ass? Incompetence, yes, care, no. I do still think you're dismissing my ability."

Cazero
2014-09-04, 04:34 AM
"There is magic help like those things pulling us, and there is magic reliance like that buyothing spell. I'm all for the help part 'cause I would rather not row myself, like anyone here, but that other spell can sink us the minute it wears off. I was against it and you chose to do it anyway, fine. I'm the one wearing heavy armor on a boat here, and I think I'm allowed to complain a bit about that choice. Now if you say we could not get paid without it, I guess I'll have to shut up, but you could have said so earlier."

begooler
2014-09-04, 05:28 AM
The captain seems a bit taken aback by the arguing. One of the marines chuckles.

"Lieutenant Bronislav Tore? Ah. Well, I do wish I had been informed seeing as how I was assigned to scout out this area and chart a map but miscommunications happen. Perhaps you could point out where it is so I can make an accurate note of it?" She holds up the document she has been working on.

"If you do need help we should be about it quickly," She looks between the four of you. "Is one of you in charge?"

Erik Vale
2014-09-04, 07:18 AM
"I am, technically. Navigator, Captain, and paying and working guy bringing extra goods, all rolled up into one."
And best of all, all true. He's the captain by stint of being the one actually in their patrons employ, he's the navigator, can captain, and is bringing extra goods.

"Yazeh, can you grab the map from my pack, it's just inside the door, not the star one."
If he was going to be right next to them, he wanted someone to distract them from him, and would be able to beat down with the best.

How close are we by now? I'm thinking of using Fascinate or Enthrall.
And no lies, so no bluff.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-04, 01:33 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 / 52
Ac - 25

*With a hard look at the other man, Yazeh sighs and nods.*
"Yah. Sure."
*In a mocking tone*
"Yazeh, carry those crates. Yazeh, hunt some food. Yazeh - get the map. Yah, yah, yah."

*Heading through the door, Yazeh continues to mumble, hoping to keep a bit of attention on himself as he goes.*

PChubby
2014-09-05, 01:54 PM
Milo's attention pans back and forth between his clipboard and the captain as she speaks. He finishes his notes and holds out his clipboard and a pen to Orris. "Sign off on the status check."

'She thinks we're beneath her and more trouble than we're worth.' is scribbled underneath miscellaneous calculations with a line for a signature.

begooler
2014-09-05, 11:25 PM
"Yes, we'll make a quick note of the location marked on your map if you could get it. I am Scout Captain Miranda. Once you have completed your objective, report to Lieutenant Tore that you passed on the information to me. That will save the trouble of sending a messenger later."

Captain Miranda signals to the marines who pick up their oars and begin to row towards The Lemur.

Distance is 30ft. You'll start closing in faster again now that they are headed your way.

Erik Vale
2014-09-06, 09:46 PM
Orris quickly 'signs' it, also appearing to note something further up.
'Known. Cover ears when I say Harpy. Have constructs prevent crash.'
He then takes his map, and picks out a spot that looks good for avoiding the Medusa and being a good supply point, putting a ink dot on it.

Geo [roll0] +2 for Maps.
Local: [roll1] [Likely Medusa Lair]
Nature: [roll2] [Likely Medusa Lair]

Ok, hopefully an OK but not particularly good spot he chose by rushing.

Holding the map he plans to use he looks up as the ship approaches, appearing to be staring at something up to the roof of the cave.
"Any of you see that?"

[roll3]

begooler
2014-09-08, 12:43 PM
The marines paddle the boat closer, to within about fifteen feet. The scout captain extends her arm in preparation to receive the map Orris is offering. Her eyes are fixed on him and the map.

Orris is pretty satisfied with the location he has marked, it seems rather convincing. He notices that his attempt to create a distraction has failed.

Erik Vale
2014-09-10, 01:30 AM
As the boats slow down, Orris says one last thing.
"Hmph... Guess not. I could have sworn I saw a harpy."
Giving Milo a second to react, Orris than says a quick invocation, beginning to hum a tune.

Everyone paying attention to Orris except Milo [who claps his hands over his ears like I told him to, unless he doesn't], has to make a DC 16 will save vs Enthral (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enthrall)

begooler
2014-09-10, 11:18 AM
The marines smile at Orris and begin to hum along, like children enjoying a sing-a-long. The scout captain has a surprised look and reaches for her bow.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-10, 04:15 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52
Ac - 25

*Stepping out from the doorway, Yazeh holds his crossbow skyward, careful not to point it at the woman, but shakes his head, his wide, tooth filled maw stretching into a hellish smile.*
"Think that's such a good idea? Let's all stay friends and everyone can be happy."
*He keeps his tone light and non-threatening. The words carry all the meaning for those with enough of their wits about them to read between the lines without having to be overtly threatening.*

So, nothing about his actions are threatening, but she's going to get the idea and hopefully not attack.
I'll have a readied action to start his rage, fire the crossbow, then drop it and rush forward during the next attack.
Surprising Accuracy will take up a swift action for +2 and Reckless Abandon will drop his Ac by two and increase his bonus by another +2 for the ranged attack.
Deadly aim gives a -2 to hit and +4 to damage.

So -
Attack roll -
[roll0]
Crit confirmation
[roll1]

Damage -
[roll2]

PChubby
2014-09-10, 05:19 PM
When the captain goes for her bow, Milo holds his hands up in mild surrender. "Whoa there mam. My scaled crewmate makes a good point. Let's not do anything hasty. Besides, it is a catchy tune." He begins humming and gently swaying his hands, pantomiming a conductor.

Milo readies an action if she attacks, not sure of distance.

35ft or less: Entangling Ectoplasm (Ranged Touch, no save, Entangled 2rnds)
35ft or more: Augmented Energy Blast (Ranged Touch, 2d6 Electricity)

Atk: [roll0] (-2 if Energy Blast due to range increment)
Dmg: [roll1]

begooler
2014-09-10, 06:50 PM
“We’re under attack! At arms, now.” She bats at the marines with the end of her bow.

Miranda whistles to hawk who dives at Orris, attacking his face. With one hand ready to grab her bow, she begins to mouth a spell.

Bless.

Yazeh and Milo interrupt her almost instantly, and the captain is hit with a crossbow bolt and entangling ectoplasm. She recoils and sputters, failing to finish the spell, pulls out the bolt and whispers a word under her breath that seems to slow the bleeding a little.

Inquisitor’s judgement ability.

Charisma checks: Miranda [roll0] vs Orris[roll1]
(If Miranda wins, the enthrall is broken on the marines.)

begooler
2014-09-10, 06:57 PM
Forgot to roll the bird's attack.

Attack: [roll0]
On a hit, Orris is shaken (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Shaken) for one round.

Erik Vale
2014-09-10, 07:05 PM
Spell is Broken due to obviously hostile actions on Miranda/her hawks turn. The marines switch to Unfriendly towards me, or if they have 4+HD/16+Wis they turn hostile.

Orris curses, flinging his arms quickly as he invokes a new spell, and the moment the Eagle begins it's attack, Percy shoots off his shoulder to meet it, lashing out with it's tail while roaring, both physically and with telepathy, screaming into the little birds mind.

Casting Grease on the enemy ship, DC is 14

Percy is only attacking with tail so as to not provoke:
Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] minimum 1.
Poison DC: 14. Causes Sleep. Test on impact and 1/minute. Cured with 1 save.

begooler
2014-09-10, 07:20 PM
The eagle is struck, but resists Percy's poison for now.
The captain, slips and falls to the deck of their boat. The two marines look around, groggy and dumbfounded, then their expressions become stern and serious once again. They look to their captain awaiting orders.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-10, 07:22 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 52 (60)
Ac - 25 (21)
Rage - 1 round used
Str - 22 / Con - 20

*As the woman screams, Yazeh roars, the crossbow snapping down into place, the bolt rocketing forward with the heavy twang of the cord. The crossbow barely pauses though, as Yazeh lets it drop, tethered by a strip of leather, his feet already in motion, his claws digging heavy furrows in the wood of the boat as he catches traction.*

*His roar is likely loud enough to rouse the sailors from their stupor, but that matters little at this point. As he's moving forward, his hands instinctively find the handle of weapon, drawing the massive hammer with a strength born of the fires burning inside his soul.*

*Bringing the weapon to bear on the wounded captain, Yazeh shows no mercy - the blood pounding in his ears, the heavy bass of his heart wouldn't allow it - the thought never even entered his mind.*

Alright, so used my standard action to fire last turn, and move action to charge forward, drawing his earthbreaker as a free action with it, and I'll use the standard action this round to attack. I put the extra -2 Ac into the number above.
So, +2 to hit for a charge, +4 for the Opening Volley feat. Str x 1.5 gives +9, BAB 4 = +19 to hit

Attack -
[roll0]

Crit -
[roll1]

Damage -
[roll2]

Edit: Bah. Missed the Crit by 1 point. That x3 crit would have been an amazing way to start a combat.

PChubby
2014-09-10, 08:20 PM
"You really should have listened mam. Now you've end up flat on your ass on your own boat and possibly brought about the death of these poor souls as well as yourself." As Milo speaks those nearby notice a faint odor that vaguely reminds them of despair.

Milo casts Demoralize (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/d/demoralize): Shaken, DC 15 Will to negate, enemies only

(the odor bit is fluff for the olfactory display)

Cazero
2014-09-11, 02:25 AM
"Senseless bloodshed indeed. Wasn't your defeat obvious? Think on what you brought upon your men. Repent, and surrender now before anyone dies."
A faint glow surround Aukar as he speaks, weighting his words even more.
Aukar casts Qualm (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/q/qualm) (Will DC 16) on the captain, and tries to talk her into ordering surrender.
Intimidate (if applicable) : [roll0]
Diplomacy (if can't intimidate) : [roll1]

begooler
2014-09-11, 06:41 AM
Neither Milo nor Aukar's magic seem effective just at this moment.

The hawk continues attempt to fluster Orris, fluttering about then pulling back to correct its course in flight.
Orris is shaken for one round. Percy gets an AOO with tail. (AOO occurs after the hawks attack.)

“M’am? The correct address is Sir. Not that I would expect such from whatever traitors you may be.”

Captain Miranda, lying entangled on the on the slippery floor of the boat still looks determined. She slams her fist on the deck just as a gust of wind sweeps out of nowhere, assaulting those on the lemur. Milo stands his ground but Orris and Aukar are swept overboard.
Ability does not provoke or require concentration. Orris and Aukar, she beat your CMD to push you over with her effect, but at your option you may attempt a DC 13 reflex to grab onto the side of the Lemur if you wish to not go into the water. If so, you lose your dex bonus to AC (as if climbing) until you use a move action to pull yourself back onto the boat. If being in the water is a less uncompromising position for you than climbing, you don’t need to attempt the reflex save.

The two marines, noses wrinkling at the effect of Milo’s magic, maintain their new resolve and carefully stand on the greased deck to engage in melee with Yazeh. One attempts to defend Captain Miranda, waving his guisarme about. He tries to strike at the lizardfolk but misses. The second marine lands a blow against Yazeh, which appears to be combined with some supernatural technique that mends his captain’s wounds somewhat.
They are using reach weapons from aboard the boat. Yazeh will have to move in order to reach them if he wants to attack. Yazeh has a -4 penalty to attack anyone other than the ‘defending marine’ (The one who attacked Yazeh and missed.)
Yazeh takes 11 damage.

Everyone can take their turn now.

Since the marines are not currently handling their boat, the two boats are coasting towards each other on a collision course. Anyone on board the Lemur this round may spend a standard to roll a DC 15 profession sailor to prevent a collision. Buoyancy adds a +2 to the check and the ship's shiphandling modifier adds another +2.
The boats would not take major damage at this speed, but the impact may knock people off their feet if the ship isn't handled properly.

The boat's current positions are within 5ft of each other. Yazeh threatens the captain. The marines threaten Yazeh, and anyone who comes within 5ft of the captain's position.

Anyone may now reach the enemies with a move action. Jump or swim checks may be required and provoking may occur from the guisarmes. If two people want to move to set up a flank, simple declare that that is your intention.

Anyone on board the Lemur (or hanging on the side) may also ready an attack for when the ships come into contact in a moment. This will not provoke.

Erik Vale
2014-09-11, 08:03 AM
Knowing he needs to prevent a collision, Orris holds on with the firm grip of a trained sailor instead of letting himself go overboard, he then attempts to correct the boats course so the two wo't collide, trusting Percy to protect him, who's tail lashes out whip like and sure, striking the bird.

Reflex: [roll0] vs 13
Profesion Sailor [roll1] vs 15

AOO:
Hit: [roll2]
Damage: 1, DC 14 Sleep Poison.

Attack:
Hit: [roll3]
Damage: 1, DC 14 Sleep Poison.

begooler
2014-09-11, 08:17 AM
The hawk's flight falters and it drops into the boat with a 'plop.'

Cazero
2014-09-11, 11:23 AM
Surprised by the sudden wind, Aukar attempts to catch the side of the boat, fully aware of what would happen if he felt overboard.
Reflex save (DC13) :
After his succesful catch, Aukar climbs back aboard. Seeing that Orris is already handling the ship and Percy defended him from the bird, he draws his sword and prepares for the imminent boarding.
Readying an attack (power attack) on the first opponent entering reach when the boats come close enough
Attack roll : [roll]1d20+7
Damage : 1d6+4
edit fail, rewriting that one

Cazero
2014-09-11, 11:53 AM
Readying an attack (power attack) on the first opponent entering reach when the boats come close enough
Attack roll : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-11, 07:06 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 43 / 52
Ac - 25
Rage - 2 rounds used
Hold Breath - 1 / 80 used
Str- 22 , Con - 20

*As Yazeh roars, his leap brings him short of the enemy boat by little more than a score of inches, and one of the opposing mariners manages to strike him, steel splitting the flesh on his arm wide as he rebounds hard off the wooden side of the boat before splashing heavily into the cold water.*

*His senses reeling for a second, Yazeh, blinks through the pain and stores his weapon as he gives a powerful thrash of his tail to push him deeper into the depths, his toothy maw spread wide in a grin as he retreives and reloads his crossbow, bringing it up to aim at the crew above him.*

Alright, so that will use up all his actions for this turn.

Luckily, it gives him total cover against land-based opponents, so I won't have to worry too much about them managing to hit him.
Link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/wilderness/terrain/aquatic-terrain)

PChubby
2014-09-11, 11:47 PM
Squinting from the sudden gust of wind, Milo attempts to manage the inevitable collision before refocusing on the captain and her guards. "Ma'am? Sir? Either way you've made your stand and will live or die by it." He flings another glob of ectoplasm, this time at the marine that attacked attacked Yazeh.

Profession(Sailor): [roll0]
Assist(Psicrystal): [roll1]

Atk: [roll2] (Ranged Touch, no save, Entangled 2rnds)

begooler
2014-09-14, 10:24 PM
The marine becomes entangled in the sticky ectoplasm. The boat gently coast up against each other and Aukar takes the opportunity to strike at the entangled marine. Thanks to his current predicament, the blow connects. He is hurt, but does not seem to take the full damage from the wound just yet.

The entangled marine then attempts to break free, but fails to break the bonds. Both marines launch attacks at Aukar with their gauntlets. The entangled ("Marine 2") marine draws upon his injuries to put more power into his blow, but he misses. He appears more gravely injured after making the attack.

The other marine ("Marine 1") connects with Aukar after making some misleading movements. His successful feint allows him to do something tricky in addition to the damage, and Aukar realizes he has lost the Protection from Evil spell which he had prepared this morning. Furthermore, he feels caught off guard and unable to react as quickly.
5 damage to Aukar. Aukar loses Protection from Evil Spell. Additionally, he is unable to make aoo's for one round.
Point of order, it's a DC 21 to feint Aukar so this guy is either pretty good at feinting or got a real lucky shot.
Everyone has a -4 to attack anyone other than marine one, due to the tactical stance he is currently taking.

Spelltheif Steal spell ability. A spelltheif can trade sneak attack damage to steal a chosen or random spell from a spellcaster. The caster loses the prepared spell slot.
The marine then steps into the Lemur, and moves to set up a flank with his entangled partner.
Provokes from Milo and Orris if they are armed.

Continuing to recover little by little from the severe wounds Yazeh bestowed upon her, Captain Miranda retreats from the melee, slipping off the opposite side of the boat and swimming for the land mass that the ship had previously been idling behind. She appears to be a well trained swimmer, despite her armor being a little encumbering. While paddling, she casts a spell, sounding an alarm. Out of thin air, the sound of a loud conch shell horn can be heard. The noise reverberates off the water.
Would also provoke from Milo or Orris.
Horn of Pursuit (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/horn-of-pursuit)

Captain Miranda- has swum 10ft away from everyone, towards the shore of the small land mass. Anyone who can close the distance over the water in a move action can attack her. Ranged attacks with a range of at least 10ft can hit her. Once she swims another 10ft she will be able to wade.
Marine 1- Threatens everyone on the boat with either his gauntlet or guisarme. -4 penalty for anyone he threatens to attack someone other than him.
Marine 2- hurt and entangled. Threatens everyone on the boat with either his gauntlet or guisarme.

Yazeh- under the water, out of reach of all opponents. All enemies are within range of his loaded crossbow. The marines are engaged in melee and he takes a -4 attack penalty against them if he does not have precise shot.

Milo- Can attack either of the marines with or without making a 5ft step. Threatened by both marines. Their reach prevents him from moving out from threatened range without provoking.

Orris- Can attack either of the marines with or without making a 5ft step. Threatened by both marines. Their reach prevents him from moving out from threatened range without provoking.

Aukar- Flanked by marines. Can attack either of the marines with or without making a 5ft step. Threatened by both marines. Their reach prevents him from moving out from threatened range without provoking.
He can 5ft to get out of flanking, but it could be set back up again next round.

Erik Vale
2014-09-14, 10:39 PM
Realizing he forgot his weapon, Orris glares at the marine barking out in Draconic as Percy lashes out again with his tail.

Since Precy is still in my square, he threatens the marine as well.

Damage: 1
Poison: DC 14 or sleep.

Spellcrafts
[roll1]
[roll2]

Coup de grace with EB for 24 Damage [Maximized Critical for a 2d6 EB]

Milo provokes a AOO using EB:
Hit: [roll3], Touch Attack.
Damage: [roll4]

begooler
2014-09-14, 10:56 PM
The marine's eyes flutter, but he remains awake, just barely fending off Percy's sleep poison. He swings at Orris, but misses wildly and is hit with Orris' blast.

begooler
2014-09-15, 12:54 AM
Correcting the captain's position after my mistake- she is only ten feet away, still swimming towards shore. I had previously said 20ft.

Cazero
2014-09-15, 07:50 AM
Aukar takes the hit with nothing more thant a groan, and tries keeping both marines in sight while one of them move arounds him.

Right after Orris' strike, Aukar shouts and suddenly slams his whole body in the same marine, shield first.

Rage : 1 round
Knockback rage power : no AoO from bull rush target while raging, succesful bull rush while raging deal 4 (STR modifier) damage
Bull rush roll on marine 1 : [roll0]
If succesful, I push him into water (where he probably can't use his bow and too far for using his guisarme if success>5), and don't follow to keep marine 2 in my reach.

PChubby
2014-09-15, 05:33 PM
Milo glowers at the marines threatening him before taking a few agile steps backwards. He flashes a side glance at the captain and the sound from her horn warbles and goes silent. The water off the port bow swells as something underwater heads towards the captain with surprising speed.

Acrobatics: [roll0] to move 20ft back from the marines

Control Sound (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/c/control-sound) to silence the horn.

The constructs charge the captain if the captain's boat isn't in the way. 2nd level contructs (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-bestiary/astral-construct) w/3 A menu choices: 30ft swim; +1Deflection; Utility from Advanced Constructs (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/advanced-constructs-psionic)

Construct1: Atk:[roll1]+2 if charging DMG:[roll2]
Construct2: Atk:[roll3]+2 if charging DMG:[roll4]

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-15, 08:24 PM
Yazeh

Hp - 43 / 52
Ac - 23
Rage - 3 rounds used
Hold Breath - 2 / 80 used
Str- 22 , Con - 20

*As the battle rages, Yazeh lines up his shot, but doesn't go for the mariners - instead, he aims at the captain swimming for shore, hoping to slow her down enough to make her regret not surrendering.*

*As the bolt streaks through the water, Yazeh is right behind it, hoping to slam his bulk into her and bring her down into the water.*

attack rolls are the same as before - Standard action to fire, move action to charge the captain with my swim speed.

Attack roll -
[roll0]

Crit Confirmation
[roll1]

Damage
[roll2]

And a swim roll for good measure.

[roll3]

begooler
2014-09-16, 12:15 AM
Bull rush- fail. Acrobatics- success. Constructs- 1 hit, one miss. Yazeh- hit.
No more alarm horns are heard.

Attacks fly in all directions. The construct and Yazeh both land blows, and the captain spins through the water unconscious for a moment. She releases her grip on her bow and it floats a few feet away.

The two marines both strike, one misses Orris while the other gets an solid hit at Aukar, channeling the damage he's sustained into the attack. Just as his partner had done a moment ago, he uses a supernatural ability to heal his captain.
15 damage - (3 of it is sneak attack)

Miranda wakes, thrashes and splashes about coughing up water. She tries to paddle away from Yazeh.
"Ech! Ack! ALL RIGHT! We'll surrender. Who are you working for?"
Her movement provokes from Yazeh and the constructs should you wish to decline to accept her surrender.

Basically the same as last round- except Yazeh and the constructs are now threatening the captain and Milo has edged back from the marines. (He can't make a whole 20ft, there's not enough boat but he's out of their reach.)

Erik Vale
2014-09-16, 08:11 PM
"Weapons down and kneel, you will live through this. Yazeh! Get her to shore! Milo, get your constructs to pull us to the bank, but don't land us, and then go down and find us some rope... Captain Miranda, I thank you for your wisdom but let's do this properly."

Orris hands are wreathed with eldritch energy still as he takes a step back, he suddenly barks something in draconic causing Percy to hiss.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-17, 09:45 AM
Yazeh

*His vision still clouded with rage, Yazeh erupts from the water with a powerful thrash of his tail, and it amost seems like he'll continue his attack as he reaches for the captain, but he physically shudders as he controls himself, forcing the raging beast back into its cage as he grips the captain with strong claws, his breathing ragged and heavy as he easily pulls her to shore.*

*When the reach the point where he can stand, he quickly lifts the captain from the water and jerks the bolt out, slapping her hands away when she tries to stop him.*
"Hold still, stupid woman. I've got nothing against you, but you'll die of infection if I don't get you cleaned up."

*Standing her up, he closes his eyes, humming softly as he passes a hand over her, the water runs off of her and out of her clothes, leaving her dry and clean - for the moment. With that done, Yazeh quickly starts bandaging her wounds, shaking his head. His hands shake only slighly from the fatigue.*
"Foolish. Should have just surrendered and this wouldn't be a problem. Don't know what you were thinking."

Just a simple heal check to get her patched up.
[roll0]

begooler
2014-09-17, 10:52 PM
The captain allows Yazeh's offer for first aid.

"I'm certified as a combat medic myself you know."

She relaxes, sitting in the sand, waiting to see what your crew does next with the situation.

The two marines look baffled. They drop their guisarmes and hold their hands up.

Erik Vale
2014-09-17, 11:47 PM
Orris directs things until the Captain and the marines are on the island, with their boat beached and the groups boat just off the island, connected by gangplank.
"To answer your question, Lady Ester Madison. I'm Orris Vink, or 'Black Flag', and you've seen Yezah. You should be noticing right now the reason you'r not dead is because you don't need to be, and none of us are murderers."
Orris looks around.
"Well. I was right about being captain, technically. So, to get this over with, anything you know of the blockade would be nice, more help means less time you have to spend fashioning oars, because we'll give you them, instead of blunt knives and planks. Also, since your exploring the cave, I take it you've fogged goggles? Because my friends forgot to bring those... However, you fought well, so if you think you'll need new employ, Lady Ester may be found having a recommendation for you... Assuming we don't find you having reported use so that we're being looked for specifically by the blockade."

I don't think we've officially decided ship roles, and Orris definitely isn't the actual ship mage, but being the only one permanently employed by Lady Ester Madison I'm calling captain for when needed, unless others would like to argue... Actual power though would be basically 0, because that would be un-fun.

Anyhow. I think that'd be a intimidate check followed by a diplomacy check [trying to scare them slightly so they're willing to cooperate, and then giving them a good deal].
Intimidate: Taking 10 for 15.
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Apparently I'm not that persuasive.

Cazero
2014-09-18, 05:43 AM
With Miranda's crew subdued and on check, Aukar casts Detect Magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-magic) while Orris negotiate, and methodically checks the crew, then their boat, for magic items and active spells.
Confiscating magic items to make sure they can't use them against us or to further alarm Darren's forces. I couldn't find out what they do and will let that part to someone else.

PChubby
2014-09-18, 05:01 PM
Milo steers the Lemur safely near shore with his constructs making use of their limited time. After the constructs dissolve back into the aether Milo begins sculpting their replacements while Orris and Yazeh deal with the captain and marines.

begooler
2014-09-18, 09:28 PM
At the realization that her company may soon be stranded, Captain Miranda seems nervous. After a moment she puts herself at ease. She responds carefully in a measured tone.

"Lady Madison? Well, I am already pledged to a lord and it wouldn't be in anyone's interest for me to change my allegiance on a whim after all I've worked for. You must understand. I cannot say that I wish you luck on your endeavor but I can at least appreciate your mercy towards us- I honestly didn't expect to be overtaken.

You have more intel than I do on this cavern you wish to explore. From what you say it seems you should take great care, though I suppose it would be better for us if you didn't."

Miranda smiles, seemingly satisfied at her calculation of the probability of your party not surviving the trip through the cavern.

On their person and in their possession:
3 non-masterwork suits of leather armor
2 masterwork guisarmes
2 masterwork spiked gauntlets
1 masterwork composite longbow +1 str rating
2 non masterwork composite longbow +2 str rating

10 magic +1 arrows (will allow as crossbow bolts, but don't stack with +1 crossbow)

Wand of Cure Light: 10 charges (CL 1)

Scroll of Delay Poison (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/delay-poison) (Divine) CL 5
Scroll of Nap Stack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/n/nap-stack)(Divine) CL 5
Scroll of http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/water-walk Water Walk[/url](Divine) CL 5
Scroll of Clairaudience-Clairvoyance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/clairaudience-clairvoyance) (Arcane) Cl 5
Scroll of Whispering Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/whispering-wind) (Arcane) Cl 3

Spyglass

15 sheets vellum
1 vial ink
inkpen

Scrollcase

6 days trail rations

3 waterskins

General area map (Equivalent to DC 15 Geography or Survival)

Secret map document of Darren's troops locations.

Secret map document of places Miranda has been scouting.

A rowboat (same stats as the lemur) with 3 oars.

As usual, you must roll checks for scrolls that are not on your caster list, or above your caster level.

The marines dutifully comply with your orders. Miranda introduces them as Private Gunther and Private Kentridge.

Erik Vale
2014-09-18, 10:08 PM
Orris nods as the various items of note are bought for review.
"Keep the scrolls, I'll identify them later... Hmmm, Maps."
Orris goes over the maps. The local map he considers correcting on some points [Has a 18 on a 10], wands however will take longer...
"Milo. You prepared detect magic today didn't you? Just want to make sure we're not leaving them with means of communication. They can keep the bolts... They have how much food?"
Orris looks to the captain.
"No wonder you're so worried about being strandard..."
And having said the word food, Percy moves his head to into Orris' face, causing a quick chat.
"That Eagle doesn't happen to be a familiar or similar? And where's your nearest food cache? Back to the nearest port or..."

I'll be keeping the unit locations map, is the map of her scouting worth keeping.

begooler
2014-09-18, 10:52 PM
"...And of course, you'll let Zephyr be, won't you? Bring him to me."

The scout captain speaks with a lot of authority on this matter for someone in such a compromised position.

Erik Vale
2014-09-19, 12:27 AM
"So no, and you care more about... Zephyr -" Orris has a select thought as to the names originality. "- So... Present from family? Had him a while? Someone else's familiar or otherwise magical companion?"
Orris turns his head.
"Could one of you grab Zephyr and bring him over? Gently, if he wakes up early and flies off it'll make trading for info somewhat more... Difficult."
Percy thinks at him again, to which Orris responds in Draconic.
"Give a moment. You wouldn't want it to be intelligent, because I know they're an if in need. Besides, we could get more for the group, and if we do, I promise, I'll get you whatever you want."

Giving you a moment to RP Percy should you so choose. Percy isn't actually a slave or bound to Orris, and his desire for something more than flavoured soup in the form of Eagle would affect the bargaining going on.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-19, 03:46 PM
Yazeh

*After a minute of deft wrapping and pressure bandaging, Yazeh steps back and shrugs, having caught his breath from the exertion of combat.*
"Maybe you is trained. I know I am. Now I know you'll live and if you're lucky won't die of infection."

*With a glance at his own wound, he shrugs and lets it bleed. His people were used to wounds in the swamps. It'd heal with little difficulty.*

"Orris is right - we may be mercenaries, but we're no murderers. Well. Not unless we're paid for it. Other than the creature in there -"
*He motions to the cave.*
" - we're not getting paid to kill anything we don't have to."

*Thinking for a minute, he narrows his eyes as he looks at the prisoners, his eyes dark as he thinks.*
"Hey. Orris. Think this lot would be any use as fodder. Put 'em in front of us and they'd fight for their lives. Just a thought."

begooler
2014-09-19, 04:44 PM
"No, I don't have a family name. Zephyr means wind. I raised him from a fledgling. Perhaps you have a similar relationship with your pet there."

Miranda now speaks in a more candid tone and less like a soldier. She extends her arms, waiting for Orris to comply with her request to return the bird.

The marine named Kentridge is meanwhile more focused on what Yazeh has to say.
"Fodder?"

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-19, 04:59 PM
Yazeh

*With a low snarl, Yazeh turns to the marine - Kentridge - and simply stares for a moment.*
"Yes. Fodder. Would you like me to come up with some fancy word for it? You fight or you die. More than likely, you die, but that's your responsibility. Fodder. Like the people starving as they're waiting for the supplies. Like the hatchlings your armies have cut down like animals. Not pretty, but true."

*With a shrug, he takes a moment to use the bit of magic at his control to strip the water from his own gear. No sense in letting it rust.*
"I don't care one liquid pile of snake droppings which lord claims what, or who is cross with who."

*Pointing a clawed finger at the Marine, Yazeh lets his tone go cold.*
"I don't particularly care whether the people starve, but if they don't, and I had a hand in it, something I do care about happens - my people have a better chance of not having to fight for the land that has been ours since our people had words. The people there will try to accept us rather than slaughter us like your kind are so quick to do. If that means using you as fodder, you'd best believe I'd do it. If that meant carving you up to cook and serve to the creature in there, I'd whistle the whole while and offer it seconds. Don't complain about being useful and having a fighting chance - things could get much, much worse."

haha. I don't know why that was so much fun for me to type up. I just figured he's going to be frustrated as hell and still coming down off the rage, and needed a little outlet.

Erik Vale
2014-09-19, 08:55 PM
"Yazeh, think. We couldn't controll them. Their numbers are too close, and they're too skilled. We can't use them as fodder... Maybe one, but not them."
Orris speaks slowly and calmly.
"Now, as to Zephyr... I understand what you mean. Percy however isn't a pet, but a friend, so be glad he can't understand common, otherwise he would have left when you said that. Now, as my friend, he's interested in tasting eagle. As his friend, I'm interested in making sure things go smoothly for us so that he doesn't get stranded in the middle of a large body of water later, because in him satiating that desire, we missed something. So far, you get to be happy because we're not killing you, and because we're saving you from a Medusa."

Orris takes a few steps forwad, raising his voice.
"So let me be very clear, right now, you need to find a reason for me to make you happy about you keeping your pet, that overrides Percy being put out with me. Because I know Percy isn't stupid, and I know he's already certain it's not sentient, so he's got no particular reason to not eat it, given that it's his spoil of war..."

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-19, 09:05 PM
Yazeh

"Too skilled? Bah."

*Waving the marine off, he takes a few steps away from the group, obviously needing the distance to collect himself.*
"You're boss, Orris."

*And so they sit while we charge into that things lair. Foolish humans. Stupid kings. My people never had a problem with the beast. Now we have to best it to settle a petty dispute between screaming children. Ah, den-ma, you'd beat this little one harshly if you could see me now. "Fool Yazeh!"*

*Chuckling at his own joke, Yazeh scans the area, keeping out a weather eye while the others manage the more delicate side of their job.*

[roll0]

begooler
2014-09-19, 11:01 PM
"If there's something you're trying to bargain for, best name it."

Erik Vale
2014-09-19, 11:23 PM
Orris shrugs.
"Thinking of three things. Either one of you can volunteer as fodder, you can update us as to messaging Darren's fleet to make sure we don't make any screw ups... Or blood oaths taken before the queen of the sea, that you shall not report our passing for three days after you have arrived in port, lest she take you for the feasting of her children... In any case..."
Orris turns to a random member of his own crew.
"Grab all but one half day's rations per crew member and their spare oar. We're a day out, and it's noon. This way they can limp back hungry and if something goes wrong we've got more time to solve it... And it'll be less problematic if it's a oar."
Orris turns back to Miranda.

I can't remember what gods we're using right now, but sailors have always been a superstitious bunch.

Cazero
2014-09-20, 08:26 AM
Since he just finished searching Miranda's boat, Aukar moves her crew's food as Orris ordered.
*If father was here...
Well, I couldn't feel my jaw for that lie, but still.*
He sighs, and then groan as he bends around his recent wounds while dropping his load.
*I really need to take care of that.*
His work done, the half-orc addresses Orris.
"Done, 'captain'. But when all this is over, we might want to have a small talk about the appropriate use of 'fodder'."
He nods at Miranda and her crew.
"Think about it as a compromise in our respective missions. They don't have to be mutually exclusive."
Diplomacy (or related aid another) : [roll0]

begooler
2014-09-20, 02:06 PM
"Ha, a compromise. That's a silly word for it." Miranda chuckles at Aukar's attempt to persuade her.

"Well, if you're going to hold my pet hostage, you have me in a tough situation. I can't very well go back to camp and justify doling out intel to save a bird, and I'm not foolish enough to take a blood oath that I don't intend to keep. I've been unfortunate enough today without turning the sea against me. It's not an enticing offer in the least, but I suppose best scenario would be to be taken prisoner on your boat."

She seems pretty eager to go with you actually, and is certainly playing up personal motivations for doing so, over strategy.

PChubby
2014-09-20, 03:03 PM
At Orris' request, Milo completes the new constructs and makes his way over to where the party is questioning the captain and crew. While Orris, Yazeh, and Aukar speak with the captives, Milo examines the prisoner's and their gear, an odd silver glow in his eyes as he stares intently.

Detect Psionics (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/d/detect-psionics) on Miranda and the marines noting any auras.

Not sure what checks, if any, are needed.

Erik Vale
2014-09-20, 06:41 PM
Orris slowly nods.
"I really should have expected that, Come aboard, unarmed. Yezah, it was your Idea, grab some rope from below I want her hands bound, which will do for now, someone grab her weapons as well for when we need them... And be glad this isn't the sort of long voyage that erodes the concious Miranda, otherwise you'd have just sold yourself to actual slavery."
Orris then switches to Draconic.
"Sorry, he's not food. She's exchanging it's life for hers."
Percy rolls his head before replying in Draconic. "So I eat her instead?" Orris immidiately laughs while Percy shifts his head to evaluate Miranda, before flying off to one of the higher points on the boat.

Once everything's been shifted across [The Wand, Scrolls, An Oar, 5 Days Rations, 2 Water Skins, The Maps, Miranda's Gear, and anything anyone else wants personally,] and Miranda's hands are bound Orris quite simply says.
"Ok... Milo if you'd transfer command of the constructs to me so I can guide I think we're ready to go underway. Perhaps you lot should all go below and discuss what watch schedule we'll have for her and treat wounds... Remember to come up if you get tired as well as if the constructs are about to go poof."
As Orris says this he moves his goggles from his neck to his Brow, ready to go over his eyes in a moments notice, having set aside the Map [And Scrolls/Wand, unless Milo wish's to identify them] for study, the map in order to make additional course corrections [for beyond the cave, mostly, to ensure they avoid Darren's forces], and the scrolls/wand to identify them magically.

Spellcraft ID's magic items with Detect Magic, so rolling that would ID the Wand, or save me time with the scrolls.

begooler
2014-09-20, 09:56 PM
Miranda scowls briefly at the pseudodragon, then proceeds to follow along with Orris's and the crew's demands. The two marines, careful not to make any sudden moves or provoke the party, gather what is allowed to them and confer quietly between each other how to proceed.

"Well, the cavern you speak of is only about fifteen minutes from here if we don't delay much. How is it that your Lady Madison knows more about what lairs within it than we do?"

Erik Vale
2014-09-20, 10:16 PM
"There were others before us... Survivors have reported Illusions and a Medusa, that's why I sent and Milo's hefty fee was agreed to."
Orris smiles at the end, but is rather serious at the beginning.
"So far, the plan is to have those that forgot their goggles stay below. The ship's being moved magically so it can stop quickly, and I can always dive out to test for illusions... If I really wanted to, I could spend the entire trip through the cavern underwater while everyone else stayed below deck and sealed themselves in except for when the magic needed refreshing."

begooler
2014-09-21, 04:36 PM
After preparations are made, the group abandons the marines to limp back to camp with their boat.
As the Lemur makes its way towards the cavern entrance, Miranda huddles under her wool cloak, shivering every now and then from the damp and loss of blood. She calms her nerves by making idle conversation about sailing, stating her preference for ships with proper sails over rowboats.

"...but in this terrain of course, you have to go with the rowboat. There's hardly any wind to speak of in the marsh, and the sails become a problem when you have to pass through more wooded areas of the swamp."

As the Lemur enters the cavern, Miranda hushes up and keeps a more watchful eye. The air in the cavern is rank with the smell of mold.
After a few yards in the passage narrows to about fifteen feet wide, winding every so often. It's eerily quiet, and the light from your torches plays off the stone walls in strange ways. Every now and then, it seems the rocks will come alive and jump out at you.

Apply any bonuses you have to saves vs fear or mundane poison.
Success: No further rolls are needed.
Failure: Nervous
+4 bonus to initiative, but shaken (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Shaken). When initiative is called for, save again. On a failure, increase fear by one step. On a success, are no longer shaken and cured of poison and immune for 24 hours.

The mold here is a variety sometimes found in damp places like this. Its spores cause a nervous condition and mild vision impairment, causing one to see things that aren't there.

You can describe any other preparations you've made and positioning. A light source is necessary for those that don't have darkvision. Can be a torch or light spell, whatever you prefer.

Erik Vale
2014-09-21, 05:55 PM
Orris stands at the bow, looking through his goggles. Every now and again shaking his head, at one point muttering.
"Just the shrooms..."
Percy however is safely below.

PChubby
2014-09-21, 10:53 PM
Milo sits and listens to Miranda ramble on for a few minutes trying to get a read on her mood. As the Lemur approaches the mouth of the cave, he recognizes the moldy smell immediately but the spores still have an effect on him when the boat enters the cavern.

"Yeah, still doesn't stop them from giving me the creeps though." Milo yells back to Orric with a noticable waver in his voice.

Empathy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/empathy) on Miranda to get a sense of her mood.

begooler
2014-09-21, 11:03 PM
"Well, there's something unearthly about this place," says Miranda in a hushed whisper. She shudders, staring at the walls."I hope you're prepared for whatever we're in for."

She's out of her element, and you can tell she is also suffering from the nervousness. Meanwhile, she is trying to appear more at ease than she feels.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-21, 11:19 PM
Yazeh

[roll0]

"Doesn't matter what boat you prefer. This is what we got. You chatter to cover your fears. Just deal with it."
*Going silent as the group enters the cave, he can feel the pressure and the darkness around them, but he had been through worse. No one lives forever, but Yazeh suddenly knew with certainty that he would live through this day.
With a glance around at the dancing shadows, he shrugs to the others before he leans over and removes the womans bindings, putting a single large claw to his reptilian lips as he hands her a weapon. It wouldn't do any good to have her slaughtered without the ability to put up a fight.*

*Lies perhaps? Does such a creature really exist in these caves? Surely such a monstrosity would inspire more fear than this. When he speaks, his voice is soft and controlled, but without a hint of fear.*
"Steady - that's not fear you feel but probaby that piss poor meal we had last threatening to fight back. Steel yourselves and hold fast. You wouldn't want Yazeh to mock your cowardice for all the years to come, would you?"

PChubby
2014-09-21, 11:26 PM
"That's the spores talking, ma.." Milo abrubtly corrects himself. "Sir. Nothing otherworldly, just a moldy cave. Mind you, it's filled with mold that messes with your mind but just a mold none the less. Now the rumored medusa, that's otherworldly." He tries to speak pragmatically but the shake in his voice betrays his state of mind.

Cazero
2014-09-22, 08:07 AM
Considering the hits he took, Aukar tries the healing wand by using one charge on himself.
Wand use healing : [roll0]
Fortitude save : [roll1]
*Neat tool. Maybe I should learn how to make on someday.*

begooler
2014-09-22, 11:54 AM
As the boat navigates around a bend, the path through the water becomes a bit more treacherous. Rocks jut up everywhere, and the Lemur must cris-cross between them. Fortunately with skilled sailors on board, this is only a delay, but it takes some concentration.

Designate who is guiding the boat. You're not distracted by anything else so basically requires someone taking 10 on this, no rolls necessary.

The cavern here is about thirty feet wide. The water fills the width of the cavern, save the rocks here and there and a slim ledge around the cavern walls. The walls peak towards the roof, about forty feet up.

About 25 feet ahead there's a small boat wrecked on some of the rocks.
There are two figures crouched in the boat, totally still. One has its hands thrown up towards its face.

Erik Vale
2014-09-22, 03:12 PM
Orris handedly navigates the boat.

[roll0]
Upon noticing the unmoving men Orris barks quite loudly.
"Ok, those willing to risk turning to stone or having special goggles can stay above, I promise to shout warning if I need, if you're turned I don't have the coin to get you fixed so unless you've got it below you may become a water ornament.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-22, 05:09 PM
Yazeh

*With a sigh, Yazeh pulls out his crossbow, loading a bolt in preparation.*
"No intention of fleeing - I'll fight with my eyes open, thanks."

*Looking at the two crouched figures, Yazeh frowns.*
"Wonder if they saw it coming."

begooler
2014-09-22, 06:28 PM
"Someone get me my bow and quiver. I'm a good enough shot even with my eyes closed."

As the ship moves, a disembodied voice is heard. It is as if the voice was just hanging there waiting for someone to approach.
"Told you this would happen."

Within moments the ship passes through another one of these 'voices,' which sounds as if it is only mumbling gibberish to itself.

Whispering Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/whispering-wind) Spell

Erik Vale
2014-09-22, 06:37 PM
Orris rolls his eyes before the voice suddenly occurs, causing him to jump.
"Great... Insane or multiple, just what we needed.... Well, if we're all going to have steel rods for spines and mush for brains, I know your there Medusa! How'd you like a little face to face!?"

Cazero
2014-09-23, 02:17 AM
"He who lives by the sword shall be prepared to die."
Aukar stands in the ship, carefully avoiding to look directly toward new directions. He starts casting orisons requesting the bless of Sarenrae, moving from one crewmember to the next.
Until something new happen (or if we try to be quiet), I spam Resistance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/resistance) on everyone in an ordered loop. Order : Orris-Yazeh-Milo-Miranda-Aukar
I might not have enough time to cast it on everybody if something happens right now.
The spell last long enough to have 5 rounds remaining when I recast it on somebody.
Being careful where I look should grant me one of the resist bonus against gaze attacks (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Gaze-Su-) on a spring medusa.

PChubby
2014-09-25, 10:32 PM
A shiver runs down Milos spine as the Lemure passes through the Whispering Wind. "I know the noise is just a spell but that damned mold has me jumping at everything." He says with frustration.

Milo focuses his attention on his logs to put his mind at ease only looking up when Miranda asks for her weapons. "I'm not comfortable with you being armed. You're a captaive not a comrade."

begooler
2014-09-26, 05:14 PM
Aukar gets a chance to cast resistance on Orris before things begin to happen...

Forty feet ahead, you see a medusa, armed with a drawn bow, silently emerge from behind a rock.
In front of her, two roiling clouds appear and hover above the water. They look insubstantial and appear as twisted faces reflected in the water. They are headed for your boat, and are about medium sized.

(If you attack the medusa with range, melee or spell, roll a will save. If you attack a cloud roll a d%.)

A despairing wail fills the cavern, sending ripples through the water.

K, this bit will get a bit complicated for just a second.

First. Everyone, roll a Will save DC 16(with your current save mods) vs the shriek. On a failure, you are shaken for the duration of combat. This is a separate affect from the 'nervous.' Failing this will save if you are already nervous will not cause you to be frightened.

Second. Roll initiative. Add +4 if you are currently nervous.

Third. If you are currently nervous, roll the DC 14 Fort Save. On a failure you are frightened. Each round you get a new save to instead become shaken.
On a success, you are no longer nervous for 24 hours.

The events that just happened were the surprise round. Once you have rolled your initiatives, you may take your full first turns. The monster init is 7. If you roll less than a 7 on init, you must wait for it to act, otherwise everyone may act.

Positions: Everyone in the boat. 40 ft ahead, just behind a rock is where you see the medusa (if your eyes are open) 25 feet ahead is where you see the two roiling clouds. (Between you and the medusa)

Movement towards these positions if you want to melee:
Possible by swimming: (you may charge if you can charge while swimming)
or
Making jump/balance checks to hop along the rocks. (For simplicity, just make a jump or balance whichever is preferred and move 1.5 times the distance, up to your full speed. The check represents a series of hops and skips. If you are moving in this way, you may only charge if you can charge on difficult terrain such as this.)

begooler
2014-09-26, 05:21 PM
Captain Miranda

Miranda flinches reaching to cover her ears. Suddenly though, she recovers her resolve, and casts a spell.

Eyes closed, she reaches out her hand,
"Best give me the damn bow unless you want to fight it all yourselves."

Bless. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bless)

Erik Vale
2014-09-26, 06:26 PM
"Which was the plan, now get below! Milo! Halt the boat!"
Orris takes a deep breath, trying to calm his shaking nerves as eldritch energy crawls up his arms.
"Medusa! Stay your hand! I would speak with you and offer a bargain!"

Orris does however, raise his hands towards the Medusa.

Ready an action to blast the Medusa if it takes a aggressive action
Hit: [roll0] [Touch]
Damage: [roll1]
Edit: Forgot to roll concealment. Orris treats everyone as having 20% concealment, but has a +8 on saves vs gaze attacks.

PChubby
2014-09-26, 07:00 PM
Wincing from the sudden shriek, Milo quickly shuts his eyes at the sight of what lies ahead. The fear drains from him as his willpower is restored.

"On it." The ship comes to a hurried stop as he speaks the words. Milo continues "I don't know about the medusa but I'm not sure those apparitions are much for negotiations." as he makes sculpting gestures.

Readied action: Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-construct)

2nd lvl Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-bestiary/astral-construct)
- Improved Slam
- Buff
- Psionic Attacks (Advanced Constructs (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/advanced-constructs-psionic))

Cazero
2014-09-27, 09:01 AM
Not confident at all in the possibility of a peaceful resolution, Aukar magically protects the party while he still can.
I cast Communal Protection from Evil (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protection-from-evil), for 1min protection on Aukar, Yazeh, Milo and Miranda (Orris already got my Resistance (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/resistance) spell).

TheMightyQuinn
2014-09-29, 07:16 PM
Yazeh

Will Save - DC 16
[roll0]

Initiative -
[roll1]

"Ancient Gods - it's real."
*Shutting his eyes, Yazeh breathes deeply for a moment before stepping forward and off the edge of the boat into the water, waiting until his head is underneath to open his eyes once more. If this creature is real, what other stories are true? He'd have to spend more time with the shaman if he survived this.*

begooler
2014-09-30, 11:03 PM
The medusa silently twists its face into a snarl and levels its bow at the party, pulling the string back. (Triggers readied actions if you wish, assuming you're looking.)

One of the trunkos just hovers there eerily, while the other dives forward, slamming into Orris with a burst of cold.
Hit with an incorporeal touch, 3 cold damage.

Boat has moved closer.
Everyone in the boat, except Yazeh who is in the water. 30 ft ahead, just behind a rock is where you see the medusa (if your eyes are open) 15 feet ahead is where you see one of the trunkos. (Between you and the medusa) The other trunko has approached the boat and is within everyone's reach.

Movement towards the farther trunko or medusa if you want to melee.
Possible by swimming: (you may charge if you can charge while swimming)
or
Making jump/balance checks to hop along the rocks. (For simplicity, just make a jump or balance whichever is preferred and move 1.5 times the distance, up to your full speed. The check represents a series of hops and skips. If you are moving in this way, you may only charge if you can charge on difficult terrain such as this.)

Cazero
2014-10-02, 12:14 PM
"Misguided spirits, I cast you away !"
Aukar rises his holy cross above his head, wich glows in a bright flash of light.
Will save DC 14 for half damage, Sun's Blessing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/sun-domain) cancel undead channel resistance for the save and add 4 damage.
[roll0] +4 = 12
Rerolling natural ones with Cleansing Light (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/religion-traits/cleansing-light) trait (if needed) : [roll1], [roll2]

Erik Vale
2014-10-02, 08:35 PM
Orris growls stepping back, blasting the specture.

5ft step out of it's reach.

Miss Chances: Ethereal [roll1], Goggles [roll2], Miss on ones.
Damage: [roll3]

PChubby
2014-10-02, 10:50 PM
*So much for diplomacy* Milo thinks as he hears the others take action. With his eyes still closed, he turns to face the medusa and continues his gestures.

Readied action: Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/a/astral-construct)

begooler
2014-10-03, 12:13 AM
The trunko within reach shudders and howls in response to Aukar's holy assault.

Miranda shields her bird with her cloak, and steps back from the undead. She puts an arm out to block the path between the trunko and Orris.

Miranda aids Orris's AC for +2.
Yazeh's turn then the astral construct appears and can attack and Milo takes a turn then it's the enemy's turn again.

TheMightyQuinn
2014-10-03, 06:57 PM
Yazeh

Attack -
[roll0]
Crit Confirmation -
[roll1]

Damage -
[roll2]

*As the water clashes above his head, Yazeh opens his eyes, smiling as he views the scene above him, moving forward with a powerful twitch of his tail, he pauses underwater, levelling his crossbow at the medusa before letting the bolt fly - it wouldn't likely be expecting such an attack. With any luck, his comrades would fare well.*

PChubby
2014-10-03, 10:55 PM
As Milo ceases his sculpting gestures, a shimmering form takes shape on the rock directly in front of the medusa and immediately attacks. Milo opens his eyes, taking care to avoid looking ahead at the medusa, he takes a step back and fires a shot at the closest trunko.

Milo:
Averting his gaze (not sure how that effects his to hit)
Atk: [roll0] v. touch
Dmg: [roll1] electricity (Empowered Blast; Augmented 1pp)

Astral Construct (1/6 rnds)
Atk: [roll2]
Atk: [roll3] (to confirm if it gets lucky)
Dmg: [roll4]

Stats:
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +6 natural)
HP 36 (2d10+20) (Buff)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0; Immune construct traits
Speed 40 ft.
Melee slam +5 melee (1d8+4) (Improved Slam)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.