PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Orange Dragon Campaign

NerdicWriter
2014-08-26, 12:06 AM
Alright so resulting from a complete wipe of all the player characters from my last campaign (Technically one fled leaving the others to die) i decided to once again return the group to the continent of Valora. They all chose characters who in no way shape or form have some sort of connection to each other so i started them all off being taken and kidnapped by a key NPC in the last adventure. Saval a half gold dragon, half nymph male who has taken it upon himself to be the defender of this nation. He needs their help in defeating a rising force that seems to be taken advantage of the weakened state of Valora due to the events of the last adventure which was 4 years ago.

I know the villain is going to be an Orange dragon who will assume the form of a humanoid for the large portion until the final fight. He isn't too happy with a half dragon (only one so far to exist in our world) killing and defeating his own father (saval's father just to make sure and clarify) and also pushing back a god to keep Valora under humanoid rule. So he is planning to take over and control Valora for himself, defeat Saval's Champions (The PCs) and then finally kill the half dragon.

The main question i have is what kind of minions should he be using. I plan for this to be a long campaign spanning levels and probably them having a couple boss encounters with the orange dragon's key figures. I own and have access to all supplements so no suggestion will be a problem. PCs are currently level 7 and for help on Valora itself it is a large Jungle continent where the majority of fey creatures exist in our world and dinosaurs and Mayan style temples reside. Any help would be greatly appreciated involving developing of the Orange Dragon himself or his minions.

Trasilor
2014-08-26, 12:21 PM
Alright so resulting from a complete wipe of all the player characters from my last campaign (Technically one fled leaving the others to die) i decided to once again return the group to the continent of Valora. They all chose characters who in no way shape or form have some sort of connection to each other so i started them all off being taken and kidnapped by a key NPC in the last adventure. Saval a half gold dragon, half nymph male who has taken it upon himself to be the defender of this nation. He needs their help in defeating a rising force that seems to be taken advantage of the weakened state of Valora due to the events of the last adventure which was 4 years ago.

I know the villain is going to be an Orange dragon who will assume the form of a humanoid for the large portion until the final fight. He isn't too happy with a half dragon (only one so far to exist in our world) killing and defeating his own father (saval's father just to make sure and clarify) and also pushing back a god to keep Valora under humanoid rule. So he is planning to take over and control Valora for himself, defeat Saval's Champions (The PCs) and then finally kill the half dragon.

The main question i have is what kind of minions should he be using. I plan for this to be a long campaign spanning levels and probably them having a couple boss encounters with the orange dragon's key figures. I own and have access to all supplements so no suggestion will be a problem. PCs are currently level 7 and for help on Valora itself it is a large Jungle continent where the majority of fey creatures exist in our world and dinosaurs and Mayan style temples reside. Any help would be greatly appreciated involving developing of the Orange Dragon himself or his minions.

Check out Red Hand of Doom Handbook. It talks about various was of improving the dragons and minions in the module. In fact, you might be able to steal many of the minions (and possibly a few lieutenants).

NerdicWriter
2014-08-31, 06:36 AM
Thanks a lot it actually helped a lot i appreciate the reply.