PDA

View Full Version : Monastic Paladin

torrasque666
2014-08-26, 03:31 AM
I have a crazy thought exercise for you guys. I know monkday just passed, but hear me out.

How awful would a build alternating between Monk and Paladin(using both Knight and Monastic Training feats) be? Not Gestalting, just alternating. Actually, how bad would a Monk 20//Paladin 20 be?

Any books allowed. Assume 32 point buy. And I'm kinda lactose intolerant, so if you could avoid excessive cheese that would be great....

Xerlith
2014-08-26, 08:42 AM
I'd say the more A-Game Paladin (http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3407376) in the build, the stronger it'd get. Monk4/Paladin16 seems doable.

Martial Monk of course.

Monk 20//Paladin20 may prove pretty decent actually. Same - A-Game paladin + Martial Invisible Fist Monk. Flurrying with DFI and full BAB actually seems promising past ninth level.
Martial monk feats being Martial Stance: Child of Shadow and Melee Weapon Specialization would give some early edge. Bonus points if Sparring Dummy of The Master is in play for easy full-attacking and CoS proccing.

Food for thought: Serenity feat makes all your Paladin abilities keyed off Wis. It merges nicely with Monk.

Svata
2014-08-26, 08:47 AM
Wihout Gestalt, bad, but no worse than either on their own. With gestalt, its doable. Especially if you dip a single level into Sorcerer so you can get Ascetic Mage. Cha to saves and AC. Sure paladins need 14 wis for casting, but that's all they usually get since most of their stuff is buffs.