PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Natural Master (Druid Prestige Class)

Lionheart2000
2014-08-26, 09:13 AM
I found a version of this online somewhere but Now it is gone. The original version was very munchkin so I tried to reduce it to a more playable power level. Tell me what you think

The Natural Master, Pathfinder Prestige Class
The Natural Master is a nature priest, usually a Druid or Ranger, who has devoted his life to the channeling of bodily and divine magical energies into physical combat in Wild Shape forms. Levels in this Prestige class are most like the Monk class in progression, with the Wild Energy Pool Replacing the Monk's Ki Pool. Rather than simply trying to harness nature's power, the Natural Master seeks to become one with that power.

Requirement:
Special: Must possess Wild Shape ability for at least 2 full character levels
Spell casting: A Natural Master must be able to cast Divine spells from the Druid, Ranger, or any Nature Domain list.

Game Information:
Class Skills: Acrobatics ( Dex ), Climb ( Str ), Escape Artist ( Dex ), Fly ( Dex ), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate ( Cha ), Knowledge (geography) ( Int ), Knowledge (nature) ( Int ), Knowledge (religion) ( Int ), Perception ( Wis ), Sense Motive ( Wis ), Stealth ( Dex ), Survival ( Wis ), and Swim ( Str ).
Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier
Hit Dice: D8

Class Level
Base Attack
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

+0
+1
+1
+1
Improved grapple, AC Bonus, Wild Energy I

+1
+1
+1
+1
Shaping Focus, high jump, Wild Energy II

+2
+2
+2
+2
Quick Wild Shape, Quest Shape I, Wild Energy III

+3
+2
+2
+2
Purity of body, Quest Shape II, Wild Energy IV

+3
+3
+3
+3
Evasion, Quest Shape III, Wild Energy V

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Natural Master gains no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Druid and Monk Class Features: Levels of Natural Master count as both levels of Monk and levels of Druid (or Ranger.) for certain Class abilities. Natural masters treat their class level as both Druid and Monk class levels for purposes of Spell Progression, Caster Level, Monk AC Bonus, Unarmed Damage, high jump, and the acquisition of Wild Shape abilities. Rangers with the Wild Shape ability could also take this prestige class, in which case the levels of Natural Master Count as both Ranger and Natural Master levels, rather than as Druid and Natural Master levels but only for the listed abilities. This applies equally to other divine, nature, or primal focused spell casting classes that somehow acquire the Wild Shape ability. If a character has levels in more than one qualifying class, they must choose which class each Natural Master level applies to in addition to Monk.

Druid and Monk Class Features Lost: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion relationship. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion, and must dismiss any existing animal companion, if any. A Natural Master gives up any bonus uses of his Stunning Fist gain from Monk levels, if any.

Bonus Feat: At first level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat of Improved Grapple. At 2nd level, NM gains bonus feat of Shaping Focus. At 3rd level, NM gains bonus feat of Quick Wild Shape.

AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the NM adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the NM is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, while he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load. This does not stack with a Monk AC Bonus but instead works with it so if already possesses Monk AC Bonus then Levels of Natural Master count as levels of Monk for the purpose of Monk AC Bonus (see Druid and Monk Class Features) but the NM does not gain Wisdom Bonus to AC twice.

Wild Energy Pool: A natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy Points may be expended to cast Wild Energy Abilities, which cost one point per ability level. Wild Energy Abilities can be cast once per round as a Swift action. Effects that are not instant last 10 min/spell caster level unless stated otherwise. Wild Energy points are replenished only when the NM prepares spells. Wild Energy effect are treated as Supernatural Abilities and are not affected by meta-magic feats, dispel magic, etc.

Wild Energy Pool points can be used to take on exceptional shapes, or to create extended self-combat, movement, and healing buffs, much like the Monk's Ki Pool, but more potent in proportion to the greater value of what is given up to have them (i.e. Spell Slots vs. Nothing.)

Wild Energy I Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +1 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +1
Extend duration of Wild Shape by 6 hrs.
Add Silver effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 1
Spell Resistance 10 + WIS Bonus
Assume a new Wild Shape once

Wild Energy II Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +2 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +2
Add Bleed effect (wounding) to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Cold Iron effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 2
Spell Resistance 12 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy III Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +3 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +3
Perform 1 improved Wild Shape: use 1 level higher form of Beast Shape or Elemental Body (i.e. EB III becomes
EB IV)
Haste (self only): 1 rnd/Druid CL
Break Enchantment (self only, Transmutation only)
Add +1d6 Elemental Damage to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Mithril effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 3
Spell Resistance 14 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +4(Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +4
Displacement (self only), 1 min./Druid CL
Fast Healing 4
Spell Resistance 16 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy V Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +5(Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +5
Add Adamantine (includes ignoring hardness effect of adamantine weapons) effect to GMF (Applies to one natural
attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Good/Evil/Law/Chaos effect to GMF (Only for the purpose of bypassing Damage Reductions, Applies to all
natural attacks)
Regeneration 4 (Fire, Acid)
Spell Resistance 18 + WIS Bonus

High Jump: At 2nd level, a NM adds his level (and his Monk Level) to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. By spending 1 point from his ki pool or Wild Energy Pool as a swift action, a NM gains a +20 bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for 1 round.

Quest Shape: Natural Masters of level 3 and beyond may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become their signature combat form. 4th and 5th level Natural Masters may learn a second and third Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat (i.e. Land/Sea/Air, or Subterranean/Water/Land, etc.) representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, or even dragons not normally allowed by Beast Shape, but they cannot be of other types.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it minutely for at least 1 week per HD. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly) The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion with a druid level equal to the Natural Masters Character level, except the creature uses it’s HD, BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, and Skill points or that of the a general animal Companion, whichever is higher. However, the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-playing relationship far more complex and once the quest period is over the creature returns to normal state. The study period can be commenced and completed over a much longer span of time and even with multiple subjects, but only time spent in the presence of the Quest Shape subject counts toward the month of study.

The GM should make the effort to find and convince the target of a Quest Shape doable, but as challenging as they like. Animal intelligence targets should be very easy, and locating them may be the greater portion of the quest. Smarter targets may demand service from the Natural Master in return. Convincing a dragon, in particular, might require finding such a creature in sufficient need to bargain.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 5 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before it quest for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has had 1 and only 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any abilities or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form, but not any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or class abilities the creature may possess. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + your Con modifier + 1/2 your character level (rounded down).
When determine the bonus from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, Form of the Dragon III.

Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), or Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses) type; or any creature with the Elemental subtype (Small to Huge, if not standard Elemental treat as animal for bonuses) U size category. smaller than the maximum the Druid can attain through their Wild Shape Ability.

Quest Shape II subjects include any available in Quest Shape II plus Aberration (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses), Monstrous Humanoids (cannot choose creature with shape changer subtype), Vermin (Tiny to Large), or Plant Type(Small to Huge).

Quest Shape III subjects may include any available in Quest Shape II plus Dragons(Large to Huge Size) and any creature with the Giant subtype (large or Huge).

Purity of Body: At 4th level, a NM gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Evasion: At 5th level or higher, a NM can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If a NM makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a NM is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless NM does not gain the benefit of evasion. If a NM already possesses evasion or later gains evasion from a different class, then the NM’s evasion ability improves to Improved Evasion. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless NM still does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Stiq
2014-08-26, 03:33 PM
Requirement:
Spell casting: A Natural Master must be able to cast Divine spells from the Druid, Ranger, or any Nature Domain list.

That's a pretty longwinded way to say "Must be at least Druid 5." I know there are some minor exceptions if you homebrew a bit or dig around in the archetypes, but there are shorter ways to get the same general effect.

Consider: Wild Shape class feature, able to cast Divine spells of 3rd level or higher.

Druid and Monk Class Features: Levels of Natural Master count as both levels of Monk and levels of Druid (or Ranger.) for certain Class abilities. Natural masters treat their class level as both Druid and Monk class levels for purposes of Spell Progression, Caster Level, Monk AC Bonus, Unarmed Damage, high jump, and the acquisition of Wild Shape abilities. Rangers with the Wild Shape ability could also take this prestige class, in which case the levels of Natural Master Count as both Ranger and Natural Master levels, rather than as Druid and Natural Master levels but only for the listed abilities. This applies equally to other divine, nature, or primal focused spell casting classes that somehow acquire the Wild Shape ability. If a character has levels in more than one qualifying class, they must choose which class each Natural Master level applies to in addition to Monk.

Again, not a bad principle, but would benefit from concision. There are already well-established rules for prestige classes that continue spellcasting progressions, so modeling after that (having a column for it in the table, etc) probably works. As for the rest:

"The Natural Master's levels in this prestige class stack with any other classes they may have levels in for the purposes of Wild Shape, and also count as Monk levels for the purposes of the Monk's AC Bonus, Unarmed Strike damage, and High Jump abilities."

As a side note: why a shapeshifting druid would use unarmed strikes is somewhat beyond me, but it invokes mental images of karate bears, so I'm willing to give that a pass.

Druid and Monk Class Features Lost: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion relationship. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion, and must dismiss any existing animal companion, if any. A Natural Master gives up any bonus uses of his Stunning Fist gain from Monk levels, if any.

As a general rule, prestige classes that remove class features are a bit questionable, but if you're going that route, you shouldn't have a double standard: they should lose their bonus domain also, if they chose that option. Or have their domain/animal companion replaced with some other domain, or something.

As for Monk Stunning Fist, this class already doesn't stack with Monk for stunning fist uses/bonus effects, so I feel like this is beating a dead horse a bit. Also, from what I can tell, taking monk levels before prestiging into this class is neither necessary nor advisable, so it strikes me as a bit of a mute point.

AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the NM adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the NM is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, while he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load. This does not stack with a Monk AC Bonus but instead works with it so if already possesses Monk AC Bonus then Levels of Natural Master count as levels of Monk for the purpose of Monk AC Bonus (see Druid and Monk Class Features) but the NM does not gain Wisdom Bonus to AC twice.

My above proposition already covers this, so this entire paragraph would be rendered redundant.

The Wild Energy pool is a bit large and complicated, but you might consider a system where they sacrifice spell slots for those effects instead of losing spells permanently up front and gaining a new, somewhat complicated mechanic. I realize you found this class and modified it (as opposed to designed it from scratch) and that's easier said than done, but that's just a thought.

Overall: the writing needs work, the concept is interesting, and I'm not entirely sure it's balanced. But then, I don't think druids are particularly balanced to begin with, so I may be a bit biased here.

Lionheart2000
2014-08-28, 12:41 PM
Version 2, I still like the “Must possess Wild Shape ability for at least 2 full character levels”, I don’t want it to be based on spell casting, this not a spell casting buffing class. It is a wild shaping class so in theory you could have wild shape but only 1st level spell casting and still qualify for this class. So you could get wildshape then multiclass to a monk for a level or two and use shaping focus feat to allow you take this class.

I also like the wild energy, it is weird in how you use it but I don’t like the give up a spell to do this. If you want a 5th level wild power you can actually give up a 3rd and 2nd level spell. I also like that it limits your spell casting by at least 1/2, all the time. The character is getting some power and needs the lesser spell casting to balance it out.
I also adjusted a lot of the abilities to only work while using wildshape, being that is main focus of this class it is not much, but does help to calm it down a little.

The Natural Master is a nature priest, usually a Druid or Ranger, who has devoted his life to the channeling of bodily and divine magical energies into physical combat in Wild Shape forms. Levels in this Prestige class are most like the Monk class in progression, with the Wild Energy Pool Replacing the Monk's Ki Pool. Rather than simply trying to harness nature's power, the Natural Master seeks to become one with that power.

Requirement:

Game Information:
Class Skills: Acrobatics ( Dex ), Climb ( Str ), Escape Artist ( Dex ), Fly ( Dex ), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate ( Cha ), Knowledge (geography) ( Int ), Knowledge (nature) ( Int ), Knowledge (religion) ( Int ), Perception ( Wis ), Sense Motive ( Wis ), Stealth ( Dex ), Survival ( Wis ), and Swim ( Str ).

Class Level
Base Attack
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special
Spell casting

+0
+1
+1
+1
Improved grapple, AC Bonus, Wild Energy I
+1 level of divine spellcasting class

+1
+1
+1
+1
Shaping Focus, high jump, Wild Energy II

+2
+2
+2
+2
Quick Wild Shape, Quest Shape I, Wild Energy III

+3
+2
+2
+2
Purity of body, Quest Shape II, Wild Energy IV

+3
+3
+3
+3
Evasion, Quest Shape III, Wild Energy V

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Natural Master gains no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Spells Per day: When a new Natural Master level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. She does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if she is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming an Natural Master, she must decide to which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Druid Class Features Lost: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion relationship or his Domain. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion and must dismiss any existing animal companion, if any or give up their Domain, including domain spell slot, spells, and abilities.

Bonus Feat: At first level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat of Improved Grapple. At 2nd level, NM gains bonus feat of Shaping Focus. At 3rd level, NM gains bonus feat of Quick Wild Shape.

AC Bonus: When using Wildshape, the NM adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the NM is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless. This ability is not lost if wearing armor or equipped with a shield with Wild ability, but is lost when he carries a medium or heavy load.
Note: If character already possess Monk AC bonus then this bonus does not stack with a Monk AC Bonus but instead works with it so Levels of Natural Master count as levels of Monk for the purpose of Monk AC Bonus (see Monk Class Feature) but the NM does not gain Wisdom Bonus to AC twice.

Wild Energy Pool: While in using Wildshape, a natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy Points may be expended to cast Wild Energy Abilities, which cost one point per ability level. Wild Energy Abilities can be cast once per round as a Swift action. Effects that are not instant last 10 min/spell caster level unless stated otherwise. Wild Energy points are replenished only when the NM prepares spells. Wild Energy effect are treated as Supernatural Abilities and are not affected by meta-magic feats, dispel magic, etc.

Wild Energy Pool points can be used to take on exceptional shapes, or to create extended self-combat, movement, and healing buffs, much like the Monk's Ki Pool, but more potent in proportion to the greater value of what is given up to have them (i.e. Spell Slots vs. Nothing.)

Wild Energy I Abilities
Fast Healing 1

Wild Energy II Abilities
Add Bleed effect (wounding) to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Fast Healing 2

Perform 1 improved Wild Shape: use 1 level higher form of Beast Shape or Elemental Body (i.e. EB III becomes
EB IV)
Haste (self only): 1 rnd/Druid CL
Add +1d6 Elemental Damage to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Fast Healing 3

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Displacement (self only), 1 min./Druid CL
Fast Healing 4

Wild Energy V Abilities
Add Adamantine (includes ignoring hardness effect of adamantine weapons) effect to GMF (Applies to one natural
attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Good/Evil/Law/Chaos effect to GMF (Only for the purpose of bypassing Damage Reductions, Applies to all
natural attacks)

High Jump: At 2nd level, when using wildshape a NM adds his level (and his Monk Level, if any) to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. By spending 1 point from his ki pool or Wild Energy Pool as a swift action, a NM gains a +20 bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for 1 round.

Quest Shape: Natural Masters of level 3 and beyond may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become their signature combat form. 4th and 5th level Natural Masters may learn a second and third Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat (i.e. Land/Sea/Air, or Subterranean/Water/Land, etc.) representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, or even dragons not normally allowed by Beast Shape, but they cannot be of other types.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it minutely for at least 1 week per HD. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly) The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion of appropriate level, though the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-play relationship far more complex. The study period can be commenced and completed over a much longer span of time and even with multiple subjects, but only time spent in the presence of the Quest Shape subject counts toward the month of study.

The GM should make the effort to find and convince the target of a Quest Shape doable, but as challenging as they like. Animal intelligence targets should be very easy, and locating them may be the greater portion of the quest. Smarter targets may demand service from the Natural Master in return. Convincing a dragon, in particular, might require finding such a creature in sufficient need to bargain.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 5 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before it quest for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has had 1 and only 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any abilities or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form, but not any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or class abilities the creature may possess. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + your Con modifier + 1/2 your character level (rounded down).
When determine the bonus from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, Form of the Dragon III.

Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), or Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses) type; or any creature with the Elemental subtype (Small to Huge, if not standard Elemental treat as animal for bonuses) U size category. smaller than the maximum the Druid can attain through their Wild Shape Ability.

Quest Shape II subjects include any available in Quest Shape II plus Aberration (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses), Monstrous Humanoids (cannot choose creature with shape changer subtype), Vermin (Tiny to Large), or Plant Type(Small to Huge).

Quest Shape III subjects may include any available in Quest Shape II plus Dragons(Large to Huge Size) and any creature with the Giant subtype (large or Huge).

Purity of Body: At 4th level, a NM gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Evasion: At 5th level or higher, a NM can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. While under the effects of wildshape, if a NM makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a NM is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless NM does not gain the benefit of evasion. If a NM already possesses evasion or later gains evasion from a different class, then the NM’s evasion ability improves to Improved Evasion. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless NM still does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Stiq
2014-08-28, 02:28 PM
For the prerequisite thing: how about "Able to cast Divine spells, must be able to Wild Shape as Beast Shape II"?

Lionheart2000
2014-09-01, 11:56 AM
Version 3, thanks Stiq that is more of what I was going for.
After reading this class again, I do still get the feel that it is a mix of a druid and monk. That is not what I feel was the intent of the class so I adjust a few of “Monk Like” abilities to make them fit what I see this class as being and replaced a couple with some that are more fitting. The only ability I am not sure about is "More comfortable in another’s skin" at best is a +5 bonus to several skills, which is big bonus is not the +20 a monk can get to acrobatics so seem ok. Also, do agree that this class has a lot of good and at times powerful abilities, most of them are limited to being in wild shape, which why the main thought behind this class is still limiting. For example, one cannot meet a king as a lion, at least not if you want a warm reception. What do you guys think?

Requirement:
Special: must be able to Wild Shape as Beast Shape II or higher

Game Information:

Class Level
Base Attack
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special
Spell casting

+0
+1
+1
+1
Bonus Feat, Natural Armor Bonus, Wild Energy I

+1
+1
+1
+1
Bonus Feat, More comfortable in another’s skin, Wild Energy II

+2
+2
+2
+2
One with the Wild, Quest Shape I, Wild Energy III

+3
+2
+2
+2
Bonus Feat, Quest Shape II, Wild Energy IV

+3
+3
+3
+3
Instinctual Dodge, Quest Shape III, Wild Energy V

Class Features

Spells Per day: When a new Natural Master level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before adding the prestige class. She does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if she is a spontaneous spellcaster), and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one spellcasting class before becoming an Natural Master, she must decide to which class she adds the new level for purposes of determining spells per day.

Druid Class Features: Levels in the Natural master Class count as druid levels for the purpose of wild shape duration, creature type selection, and uses per day.
Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion relationship or his Domain. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion and must dismiss any existing animal companion, if any or give up their Domain, including domain spell slot, spells, and abilities. If using an archetype that grants benefits of both, the Animal companion must be given up and the Domain is kept.

Bonus Feat: At 1st, 2nd, and 4th level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat from the following list: Deflect Arrow (may only be used while in wild shape, ignore “Improve Natural Attack” feat requirement, and needs at least one limb which provides a natural attack free to use but does not have to be a hand), Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, Natural Spell, Planar Wild shape, Powerful Wild Shape, Quick Wild Shape, Shaping Focus, and Wild Speech.
Must meet all prerequisites in order to select a feat, except where noted and when determining Druid level for purpose of qualifying for one of these feat, count Natural Master levels as druid levels.

Natural Armor Bonus: When using Wild shape, the NM gains an improve of +1 to his Natural Armor Class. This bonus stakes with any bonus gained from using Wild Shape. This bonus increases to +2 at 3rd level and +3 at 5th level.

Wild Energy Pool: While in using Wild shape, a natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy I Abilities
Fast Healing 1

Wild Energy II Abilities
Fast Healing 2

Perform 1 improved Wild Shape: use 1 level higher form of Beast Shape or Elemental Body (i.e. EB III
becomes EB IV)
Haste (self only): 1 rnd/Natural Master Class level
Fast Healing 3

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Displacement (self only), 1 min./Natural Master Class level
Fast Healing 4

Wild Energy V Abilities
Add Adamantine (includes ignoring hardness effect of adamantine weapons) effect to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Good/Evil/Law/Chaos effect to GMF (Only for the purpose of bypassing Damage Reductions, Applies to all natural attacks)

More comfortable in another’s skin At 2nd level, when using wild shape a NM adds his class level to all Acrobatics, climb, fly, and swim checks. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics.

One with the Wild: At 3rd level, whenever a Natural Master deals with a creature from the wild (any creature with the type of Animal, Fey, Magical Beast, Plant or Vermin) their starting attitudes are always considered 1 better. Hostile becomes Unfriendly, Unfriendly becomes indifferent, etc. This is most useful when combined with Wild Empathy or Speak with animals. Also the Natural Master’s levels count as druid levels for the purpose of Wild Empathy.

Quest Shape: Natural Masters of level 3 and beyond may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become their signature form. 4th and 5th level Natural Masters may learn a second and third Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat (i.e. Land/Sea/Air, or Subterranean/Water/Land, etc.) representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, even dragons or other creature types not normally allowed by a Druid’s Wild Shape.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it minutely for at least 1 week per HD. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly) The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion of appropriate level, though the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-play relationship far more complex. The study period can be commenced and completed over a much longer span of time and even with multiple subjects, but only time spent in the presence of the Quest Shape subject counts toward the month of study.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 5 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before it quest for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has had 1 and only 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon. If the Template provides bonus based on the creatures HD such as celestial or fiendish, the use the Natural Master’s Character level, which means this abilities level with the character. Also if a template requires that an ability be selected from a list, such as MageBreed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal), then the Natural must make this select the first time is relevant and then this selection cannot ever be change and will be in effect ever time the form is used. I.E. with Mage breed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal)if “Swift Breed” is select then the natural master cannot latter select to gain the bonus of “Thick Skinned” instead.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any abilities bonuses/penalties or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form, but not any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or class abilities the creature may possess. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + your Con modifier + 1/2 your character level (rounded down), regardless of any DC listed with the creature.
When determining the bonus gained from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, and Form of the Dragon III.

Each different level of quest shape has limits on which creature types can be selected.
Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), or Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses) type; or any creature with the Elemental subtype (Small to Huge, if not standard Elemental treat as animal for bonuses).

Instinctual Dodge: At 5th level or higher, a NM can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. While under the effects of wild shape, if a NM makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage, he instead takes no damage. Instinctual Dodge cannot be used if a NM is carrying a Medium or Heavy load. A helpless NM does not gain the benefit of evasion. If a NM already possesses evasion or later gains evasion from a different class, then the NM’s Instinctual Dodge ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless NM still does not gain the benefit of evasion or this improved Instinctual Dodge.

Lionheart2000
2014-09-04, 09:00 AM
Version 4,
This class has gotten out of hand. When I sat back and took a look at as a GM I released that it is getting really powerful again so I instead turned it into a 10 level class and spread out the abilities. A couple of things I decided to do to reduce the power of this class and make it more playable. First, Wildshape no longer levels so if you want to gain more of the basic forms, more uses per day, and longer duration you have to use the Feat Shaping Focus. Second, most of the abilities only work while in wild shape. Third, Wild Energy Abilities now come every other level instead of every level. Fourth, the Natural Armor bonus seem pointless because Wild Energy has the ability to enhance Natural Armor. Fifth, at 10th level Wildshape can be done as an immediate action so the Natural Master can used it as a defend against an attack or danger, such as changing to an eagle because they fell off a cliff or shifting to a Fire Elemental because he is falling into lava.
Also I released I miss a major overpower issues, NM should not be able to select Quest form with the Shapechanger subtype (that can get too powerful too easily), a few exception are listed because they are low power.

The Natural Master is a nature priest, usually a Druid or Ranger, who has devoted his life to the channeling of bodily and divine magical energies into physical combat and mastering four Wild Shape forms. Levels in this Prestige class are most like the Monk class in progression, with the Wild Energy Pool Replacing the Monk's Ki Pool. Rather than simply trying to harness nature's power, the Natural Master seeks to become one with that power.

Requirement:

Game Information:
Class Skills: Acrobatics ( Dex ), Bluff (Cha), Climb ( Str ), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist ( Dex ), Fly ( Dex ), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate ( Cha ), Knowledge (geography) ( Int ), Knowledge (nature) ( Int ), Knowledge (religion) ( Int ), Perception ( Wis ), Sense Motive ( Wis ), Stealth ( Dex ), Survival ( Wis ), and Swim ( Str ).

Class Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Reflex Save
Will Save
Speical
Spell Casting

Wild Energy I, One with the Wild, Quest Shape I

Bonus Feat, More comfortable in another’s skin

Wild Energy II

Quest Shape II

Wild Energy III

Bonus Feat, True Shape

Wild Energy IV

Quest Shape III

Wild Energy V

Quest Shape IV, Reactionary WildShape

Class Features

Druid/Shaman Class Features: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion/Sprit Companion relationship or his Domain. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion/Sprit Companion or give up their Domain, including domain spell slot, spells, and abilities. If using an archetype that grants benefits of both, the Animal companion/Sprit Companion must be given up and the Domain is kept.

Wild Energy Pool: While using Wild shape, a natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level, except 0-level, they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy Points may be expended to cast Wild Energy Abilities, which cost one point per ability level. Wild Energy Abilities can be cast once per round as a Swift action. Effects that are not instant last 10 min/caster level unless stated otherwise. Wild Energy points are replenished only when the NM prepares spells. Wild Energy effect are treated as Supernatural Abilities and are not affected by meta-magic feats, dispel magic, etc.

Wild Energy I Abilities
Fast Healing 1

Wild Energy II Abilities
Fast Healing 2

Perform 1 improved Wild Shape: use 1 level higher form of Beast Shape or other Wild shape types (i.e. Elemental Body III becomes Elemental Body IV)
Haste (self only): 1 rnd/caster level
Break Enchantment (self only): can be used when not in wildshape
Fast Healing 3

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Add Adamantine (includes ignoring hardness effect of adamantine weapons) effect to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Displacement (self only): 1 min./caster level
Ghost Touch: all natural attacks are treated as if it has the ghost touch (treated as if it has the ghost touch weapon property.) weapon property.
Fast Healing 4

Wild Energy V Abilities
Add Good/Evil/Law/Chaos effect to GMF (Only for the purpose of bypassing Damage Reductions, Applies to all natural attacks)
Strong Jaw (self only)
Regeneration 5 (Select one Elemental damage type [Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, or Sonic] at the time of activation. Any damage from this elemental type stops regeneration until the end of the round after the attack [as per normal rules of regeneration]. Also, if Natural Master has or gain resistance/Immunity to selected damage, this resistance/immunity is suppress for the duration of this ability)
Fast Healing 5

One with the Wild: The Natural Master’s levels count as druid levels for the purpose of Wild Empathy. Also wild empathy may be used whenever a Natural Master deals with a creature that is part of nature (any creature with the type of Animal, Fey, Magical Beast, Plant or Vermin). The Natural Master may spend a Wild Energy point to improve the starting attitude of any creature by 1 step (Hostile becomes Unfriendly, Unfriendly becomes indifferent, etc.) as part of attempting a Wild Empathy check, if the check fails the creature returns to previous attitude.

Quest Shape: At 1st level and beyond a Natural Master may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become a signature form for them. 4th, 8th, and 10th level a Natural Masters may learn an additional Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat/aspects of life (i.e. Land/Sea/Air/adaptation, or Attack/Defense/stealth/presence, etc.), representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, even dragons or other creature types not normally allowed by a Druid’s Wild Shape.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it. Each day spent doing nothing other than studying the creature, except eating and sleeping, counts as 1 Quest Point (QP) for this creature only. Each week spent in the presence of the creature while it travels with the Nature Master counts as 1 QP for this creature only. The quest continues until the Nature master has QP equal to the creatures CR, and once this occurs the quest ends. Then the creature is released and the Nature Master gains the use of this quest shape. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly). The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion with a druid level equal to the Natural Masters Character level, except the creature uses it’s HD, BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, and Skill points or that of the a general animal Companion, whichever is higher. However, the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-playing relationship far more complex and once the quest period is over the creature returns to normal state.

The GM should make the effort of finding and convincing the target of a Quest Shape doable, but as challenging as they like. Animal intelligence targets should be very easy, and locating them may be the greater portion of the quest. Smarter targets may demand service from the Natural Master in return. Convincing a dragon, in particular, might require finding such a creature in sufficient need to bargain. Also, while the creature effectively becomes an Animal companion for a while it's alignment does not change so an evil creature is still evil, making it so a good Natural master will have difficulty keeping his companion under to control.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 10 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before he quests for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has at most 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon. If the Template provides bonus based on the creatures HD such as celestial or fiendish use the Natural Master’s Character level, which means these abilities level with the character. If a template requires that an ability be selected from a list, such as MageBreed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal), then the Natural must make this select the first time it becomes relevant and then this selection cannot ever be change and will be in effect ever time the form is used. I.E. with Mage breed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal)if “Swift Breed” is select then the natural master cannot latter select to gain the bonus of “Thick Skinned” instead. Finally if a template changes the creature type, treat the creature as it's new type for the purposes of bonus/penalties to Ability score, Natural Armor bonus, and if the creature is of an eligible type to be selected. I.E. if the creature type changes from animal to Outsider then that makes it ineligible to be selected as a Quest shape.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any bonuses/penalties or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form except Natural Armor Bonus. Also the Natural Master does not gain any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or abilities the creature may possess as a result of class levels. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + the NM's Con modifier or Wis. Modifier (whichever is higher) + 1/2 your character level (rounded down), regardless of any DC listed with the creature.
When determining the bonuses/penalties, Natural Armor bonus, etc... gained from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, Ooze Shape III, and Form of the Dragon III. Creature type that are not available through one of these spell will use treated as another creature type for this purpose.

Each different level of quest shape has limits on which creature types and sizes can be selected. A Natural Master may select a Mimic or a Doppelganger but no other creature with the "Shapechanger" subtype.

Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), Plant Type(Small to Huge),or any Aberration, Animal, Humanoid, Fey, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Plant, or Vermin from Small to Huge with the Elemental subtype (if not standard Elemental given in Elemental Body, see below table for ability and Natural Armor bonuses).

Elemental
Small
Medium
Large
Huge

Strength
+2
+3
+4
+5

Dexterity
+2
+3
+4
+5

Constitution
+2
+3
+4
+5

Natural Armor Bonus
+3
+4
+5
+6

Quest Shape II subjects include any available in Quest Shape I plus Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge) type, Monstrous Humanoids (Diminutive to Huge), or Vermin (Tiny to Large).

Quest Shape III subjects include any available in Quest Shape II plus Aberration (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge) or Ooze (Small to Huge) type.

Quest Shape VI subjects may include any available in Quest Shape III plus Dragons(Large to Huge Size) and any Aberration, Animal, Humanoid, Fey, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Plant, or Vermin with the Giant subtype (Large or Huge).

Bonus Feat: At 2nd and 6th level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat from the following list: Natural Spell, Planar Wild shape, Powerful Wild Shape, Quick Wild Shape, Shaping Focus, and Wild Speech.
Must meet all prerequisites in order to select a feat, except when determining Druid level for purpose of qualifying for one of these feat, count Natural Master levels as druid levels.

More comfortable in another’s skin At 2nd level, when using wild shape a NM adds his class level to all Acrobatics, climb, fly, and swim checks. In addition, he may spend a Wild Energy point as a swift action to counts as having a running start when making a single jump checks using Acrobatics within the next round or he may spend 2 Wild Energy points as a free action to gain a +20 bonus to climb checks to “Catch Yourself When Falling”.

True Shape: At 6th level, whenever a NM is using a Quest Shape, the shape he takes is consider his true from in all aspects. The duration of WildShape when taking a Quest Shape is permanent until dispelled (free action), but still counts as a daily use. A Natural Master’s Quest shape still functions in antimagic areas or effects, but the Natural master cannot activate or dispel a quest shape while in these areas and any other supernatural abilities they possess, even ones gained from the quest shape, are still suppressed as normal by antimagic. Any Effect (magical, psionic, supernatural, etc…) that attempts to reveal the Natural Master’s true shape show that the quest from is his true shape. Also, any effect (magical, psionic, supernatural, etc…) use to force the Natural Master to reveal or take his true form fails because a quest shape is his true shape.
Example: if a 6th Natural Master has a quest shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)and someone cast True Seeing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/true-seeing), it will show that the Natural Master’s true form is that of a Griffon.
Example: if a 6th Natural Master is under the effect of Dominate Monster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dominate-monster) while is in the quest shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)and the caster demands he take his true from then he would stay in the shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)because it is his true form. But if the caster demanded he change shape to a different shape, the the Natural Master would change to that shape if possible.

Reactionary WildShape: At 10th level, a NM can Wild shape as an Immediate Action but is limited to Quest Shape or Forms available to a druid 6 levels lower.
Example: if a Natural Master has a Fire Elemental as one of his quest forms and he is targeted by a Fireball spell, he could change to his quest shape as an immediate action allowing him to be immune to fire and take no damage from the spell.

Lionheart2000
2017-04-04, 12:09 PM
Version 5,
Updated the Wild Energy Abilities to duplicate effects of spells rather than trying to explain it my self.

The Natural Master is a nature priest, usually a Druid or Ranger, who has devoted his life to the channeling of bodily and divine magical energies into physical combat and mastering four Wild Shape forms. Levels in this Prestige class are most like the Monk class in progression, with the Wild Energy Pool Replacing the Monk's Ki Pool. Rather than simply trying to harness nature's power, the Natural Master seeks to become one with that power.

Requirement:

Game Information:
Class Skills: Acrobatics ( Dex ), Bluff (Cha), Climb ( Str ), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist ( Dex ), Fly ( Dex ), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate ( Cha ), Knowledge (geography) ( Int ), Knowledge (nature) ( Int ), Knowledge (religion) ( Int ), Perception ( Wis ), Sense Motive ( Wis ), Stealth ( Dex ), Survival ( Wis ), and Swim ( Str ).

Class Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Reflex Save
Will Save
Speical
Spell Casting

Wild Energy I, One with the Wild, Quest Shape I

Bonus Feat, More comfortable in another’s skin

Wild Energy II

Quest Shape II

Wild Energy III

Bonus Feat, True Shape

Wild Energy IV

Quest Shape III

Wild Energy V

Quest Shape IV, Reactionary WildShape

Class Features

Druid/Shaman Class Features: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion/Sprit Companion relationship or his Domain. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion/Sprit Companion or give up their Domain, including domain spell slot, spells, and abilities. If using an archetype that grants benefits of both, the Animal companion/Sprit Companion must be given up and the Domain is kept.

Wild Energy Pool: While using Wild shape, a natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level, except 0-level, they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy Points may be expended to cast Wild Energy Abilities, which cost one point per ability level. Wild Energy Abilities can be used once per round as a Swift action. All Wild energy powers have duration of 1 min/caster level unless noted otherwise, regardless of the normal spell’s duration; and can only target “self”. The Nature master may not share his Wild Energy Abilities. The DC for any Wild Energy Ability’s effect is 10 + the NM's Con modifier or Wis. Modifier (whichever is higher) + 1/2 your character level (rounded down), regardless of any DC listed with the creature.
Wild Energy points are replenished only when the NM prepares spells. Wild Energy effect are treated as Supernatural Abilities and are not affected by meta-magic feats, dispel magic, etc.

Wild Energy I Abilities
Heart of The Metal (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/heart-of-the-metal/) (Effect as per spell, but can only gain effect of silver.)
Longstrider (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/l/longstrider/) (Effect as per spell)
Extend duration of Wild Shape by 6 hrs. (Special, no duration just extends Wild shape duration)
Greater Magic Fang +1 enchantment bonus to hit and damage (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 1

Wild Energy II Abilities
Heart of The Metal (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/heart-of-the-metal/) (Effect as per spell, but can only gain effect of Cold Iron.)
VineStrike (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/vine-strike/) (Effect as per spell)
Wild shape one an additional this day. (Special, no duration just gain an additional Wild shape this day.)
Greater Magic Fang +2 enchantment bonus to hit and damage (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 2

Break Enchantment (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/break-enchantment/): Instantaneous duration
Elemental Touch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/elemental-touch/) (Effect as per spell)
Heart of The Metal (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/heart-of-the-metal/) (Effect as per spell, but can only gain effect of Adamantine.)
Greater Magic Fang +3 enchantment bonus to hit and damage (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 3

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Haste (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste/) (Effect as per spell): 1 rnd/caster level
Thorn Body (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/thorn-body/) (Effect as per spell)
Ghost Touch: all natural attacks are treated as if they have the ghost touch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/ghost-touch/) weapon property.
Greater Magic Fang +4 enchantment bonus to hit and damage (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 4

Wild Energy V Abilities
Bloody Claws (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/bloody-claws/) (Effect as per spell)
Freedom of Movement (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/freedom-of-movement/) (Effect as per spell)
Strong Jaw (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/strong-jaw/) (Effect as per spell)
Greater Magic Fang +5 enchantment bonus to hit and damage (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 5

One with the Wild: The Natural Master’s levels count as druid levels for the purpose of Wild Empathy. Also wild empathy may be used whenever a Natural Master deals with a creature that is part of nature (any creature with the type of Animal, Fey, Magical Beast, Plant or Vermin). The Natural Master may spend a Wild Energy point to improve the starting attitude of any creature by 1 step (Hostile becomes Unfriendly, Unfriendly becomes indifferent, etc.) as part of attempting a Wild Empathy check, if the check fails the creature returns to previous attitude.

Quest Shape: At 1st level and beyond a Natural Master may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become a signature form for them. 4th, 8th, and 10th level a Natural Masters may learn an additional Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat/aspects of life (i.e. Land/Sea/Air/adaptation, or Attack/Defense/stealth/presence, etc.), representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, even dragons or other creature types not normally allowed by a Druid’s Wild Shape.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it. Each day spent doing nothing other than studying the creature, except eating and sleeping, counts as 1 Quest Point (QP) for this creature only. Each week spent in the presence of the creature while it travels with the Nature Master counts as 1 QP for this creature only. The quest continues until the Nature master has QP equal to the creatures CR, and once this occurs the quest ends. Then the creature is released and the Nature Master gains the use of this quest shape. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly). The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion with a druid level equal to the Natural Masters Character level, except the creature uses it’s HD, BAB, Fort, Ref, Will, and Skill points or that of the a general animal Companion, whichever is higher. However, the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-playing relationship far more complex and once the quest period is over the creature returns to normal state.

The GM should make the effort of finding and convincing the target of a Quest Shape doable, but as challenging as they like. Animal intelligence targets should be very easy, and locating them may be the greater portion of the quest. Smarter targets may demand service from the Natural Master in return. Convincing a dragon, in particular, might require finding such a creature in sufficient need to bargain. Also, while the creature effectively becomes an Animal companion for a while it's alignment does not change so an evil creature is still evil, making it so a good Natural master will have difficulty keeping his companion under to control.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 10 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before he quests for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has at most 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon. If the Template provides bonus based on the creatures HD such as celestial or fiendish use the Natural Master’s Character level, which means these abilities level with the character. If a template requires that an ability be selected from a list, such as MageBreed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal), then the Natural must make this select the first time it becomes relevant and then this selection cannot ever be change and will be in effect ever time the form is used. I.E. with Mage breed (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/bestiary/templates/magebred-animal)if “Swift Breed” is select then the natural master cannot latter select to gain the bonus of “Thick Skinned” instead. Finally if a template changes the creature type, treat the creature as it's new type for the purposes of bonus/penalties to Ability score, Natural Armor bonus, and if the creature is of an eligible type to be selected. I.E. if the creature type changes from animal to Outsider then that makes it ineligible to be selected as a Quest shape.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any bonuses/penalties or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form except Natural Armor Bonus. Also the Natural Master does not gain any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or abilities the creature may possess as a result of class levels. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + the NM's Con modifier or Wis. Modifier (whichever is higher) + 1/2 your character level (rounded down), regardless of any DC listed with the creature.
When determining the bonuses/penalties, Natural Armor bonus, etc... gained from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, Ooze Shape III, and Form of the Dragon III. Creature type that are not available through one of these spell will use treated as another creature type for this purpose.

Each different level of quest shape has limits on which creature types and sizes can be selected. A Natural Master may select a Mimic or a Doppelganger but no other creature with the "Shapechanger" subtype.

Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), Plant Type(Small to Huge),or any Aberration, Animal, Humanoid, Fey, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Plant, or Vermin from Small to Huge with the Elemental subtype (if not standard Elemental given in Elemental Body, see below table for ability and Natural Armor bonuses).

Elemental
Small
Medium
Large
Huge

Strength
+2
+3
+4
+5

Dexterity
+2
+3
+4
+5

Constitution
+2
+3
+4
+5

Natural Armor Bonus
+3
+4
+5
+6

Quest Shape II subjects include any available in Quest Shape I plus Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge) type, Monstrous Humanoids (Diminutive to Huge), or Vermin (Tiny to Large).

Quest Shape III subjects include any available in Quest Shape II plus Aberration (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge) or Ooze (Small to Huge) type.

Quest Shape VI subjects may include any available in Quest Shape III plus Dragons(Large to Huge Size) and any Aberration, Animal, Humanoid, Fey, Magical Beast, Monstrous Humanoid, Ooze, Plant, or Vermin with the Giant subtype (Large or Huge).

Bonus Feat: At 2nd and 6th level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat from the following list: Natural Spell, Planar Wild shape, Powerful Wild Shape, Quick Wild Shape, Shaping Focus, and Wild Speech.
Must meet all prerequisites in order to select a feat, except when determining Druid level for purpose of qualifying for one of these feat, count Natural Master levels as druid levels.

More comfortable in another’s skin At 2nd level, when using wild shape a NM adds his class level to all Acrobatics, climb, fly, and swim checks. In addition, he may spend a Wild Energy point as a swift action to counts as having a running start when making a single jump checks using Acrobatics within the next round or he may spend 2 Wild Energy points as a free action to gain a +20 bonus to climb checks to “Catch Yourself When Falling”.

True Shape: At 6th level, whenever a NM is using a Quest Shape, the shape he takes is consider his true from in all aspects. The duration of WildShape when taking a Quest Shape is permanent until dispelled (free action), but still counts as a daily use. A Natural Master’s Quest shape still functions in antimagic areas or effects, but the Natural master cannot activate or dispel a quest shape while in these areas and any other supernatural abilities they possess, even ones gained from the quest shape, are still suppressed as normal by antimagic. Any Effect (magical, psionic, supernatural, etc…) that attempts to reveal the Natural Master’s true shape show that the quest from is his true shape. Also, any effect (magical, psionic, supernatural, etc…) use to force the Natural Master to reveal or take his true form fails because a quest shape is his true shape.
Example: if a 6th Natural Master has a quest shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)and someone cast True Seeing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/true-seeing), it will show that the Natural Master’s true form is that of a Griffon.
Example: if a 6th Natural Master is under the effect of Dominate Monster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dominate-monster) while is in the quest shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)and the caster demands he take his true from then he would stay in the shape of a Griffon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/magical-beasts/griffon)because it is his true form. But if the caster demanded he change shape to a different shape, the the Natural Master would change to that shape if possible.

Reactionary WildShape: At 10th level, a NM can Wild shape as an Immediate Action but is limited to Quest Shape or Forms available to a druid 6 levels lower.
Example: if a Natural Master has a Fire Elemental as one of his quest forms and he is targeted by a Fireball spell, he could change to his quest shape as an immediate action allowing him to be immune to fire and take no damage from the spell.