PDA

View Full Version : The Ebon Path [Feats]

Fallen Martyr
2007-03-07, 08:33 PM
I’m a-cookin’ somethin' up, but I’d like to get some of the various components balanced before I lay it all out. I’d prefer to not make a fool of myself. :smalltongue:

Thus, I submit for your approval two smashy feats.

Trod the Ebon Path
First, do harm.
Prerequisites: Power Attack.
Benefits: When attacking with the Power Attack feat, you may take a -2 penalty to your Armor Class until your next turn to add twice the number subtracted from your attack roll to damage when using a one-handed weapon.
Normal: Without this feat, you add the number subtracted from your attack roll to damage done when using Power Attack.
Special: A fighter may select Trod the Ebon Path as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Overpower
Prerequisites: Strength 15, Trod the Ebon Path, base attack bonus +5
Benefits: On a successful shield bash in a turn in which you are using Trod the Ebon Path, you may make a trip attack against the opponent without provoking an attack of opportunity as a free action in addition to normal damage. If you fail, the opponent may not attempt to trip you. This cannot be used on an opponent more than one size category larger than you.
Special: A fighter may select Overpower as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Matthew
2007-03-08, 05:47 PM
Although Trod the Ebon Path seemed too powerful to me at first, now I am not so sure. I think Two Weapon Fighters would abuse the hell out of this, though. Weapon and Shield Fighters, maybe, maybe not. An interesting fix for a systemic D&D 3.x problem, but not perfect by any means.

Over Power seems okay.

Fallen Martyr
2007-03-08, 09:38 PM
Maybe up the penalty to AC...
Does the following look any better?

When attacking with the Power Attack feat, you may take a subtract a number from your Armor Class until your next turn to add the same number to damage rolls when using a one-handed weapon. This number may not exceed the number subtracted from your attack roll with Power Attack.