PDA

View Full Version : Silvanesti Elf

MeklorIlavator
2007-03-07, 09:19 PM
Is there any difference between Silvanesti Elf and grey elves? I thought that they were the same, but I am not so sure now.

mikeejimbo
2007-03-07, 09:48 PM
I believe the Silvanesti exist in the Dragonlance setting. Other than that, I don't know.

Assassinfox
2007-03-07, 09:51 PM
Grey elves just get more Intelligence and less Strength along with the usual elf traits, while Silvanesti elves get more Intelligence and Dexterity at the expense of Charisma and Constitution, AND they get Elvensight and bonuses to Knowledge(arcana) and Spellcraft.

cupkeyk
2007-03-07, 10:06 PM
Grey elves just get more Intelligence and less Strength along with the usual elf traits, while Silvanesti elves get more Intelligence and Dexterity at the expense of Charisma and Constitution, AND they get Elvensight and bonuses to Knowledge(arcana) and Spellcraft.

To combine the two replies, silvanesti elves are a DL subrace and are basically gray elves plus a few bonuses. Gray elves are a Greyhawk subrace and do not gain the bonuses. They have different physical attributes too. Gray elves are dark skinned and dark haired, Silvanesti elves are like diet drow, silver skin with white hair. Gray elves stand about 5'11" while silvanesti elves are just about the same height as standard elves, 5'2"

MeklorIlavator
2007-03-07, 10:17 PM
I know about how one is campaign specific(our dm is making a dragonlance campaign) but I was under the impression that they got the same stat adjustments. So, the real rules are +to DEX and INT, and minus to CHA and Con?

Also I knew about the skill bonus(I was really asking about attribute differences), but isn't elvensight the same as lowlight vision?

Dhavaer
2007-03-07, 10:20 PM
Also I knew about the skill bonus(I was really asking about attribute differences), but isn't elvensight the same as lowlight vision?

IIRC, elvensight also includes 60ft. darkvision.

Assassinfox
2007-03-07, 10:23 PM
IIRC, elvensight also includes 60ft. darkvision.

30ft darkvision, actually.

Dhavaer
2007-03-07, 10:24 PM
30ft darkvision, actually.

Then I DNRC.