PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Homebrew Setting: Class: Fighter

Larzzral
2014-08-26, 05:47 PM
One of fifteen classes I've done up for my own setting. Some are only slightly changed, others are rely a lot of homebrew. In the end, I am hoping to provide classes that offer some options to keep a player engaged, while at the same time I am mostly playing with people who have never played before, and want things that are not too confusing. Let me know how I've done. Power-wise, I am looking for Tier 3-4 range. Classes should be judged compared to each other and not to standard 3.5 classes.

The ability section will generally be left blank. It's pretty common knowledge that constitution is always needed, strength to hit things, unless you're dexterity focused. So unless there are abilities that specifically rely on a skill, I'll leave it blank. Also, I don't use the normal 3.5 system for skills. So it'll mostly be left unchanged from original classes, except the minimum I'll use is 4 per level.

-NOTE- I've yet to actually use Tome of Battle, unfortunately. So I am hoping the initiator level grants works with what I am hoping for. Rather than select a class and gain a few schools to dabble or focus in, I figure choosing one as your focus would be fine. Normal stances and maneuvers as feats could supplement with their large list. Anyways, if what I have here wouldn't work, please let me know.

Fighter
(Inspiration: Crusader, Fighter, Warblade)

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Fighters have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Intelligence is important to a fighter who wants to rely on insightful abilities available only to a fighter.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d12
Starting Age: As SRD fighter.
Starting Gold: As SRD fighter.

Class Skills: As SRD fighter

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Initiator Level
Manuever Points

1st
+1
+2
+2
+0
Bonus Feat, Discipline Focus, Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve- 5

2nd
+2
+3
+3
+0
Bonus Feat

3rd
+3
+3
+3
+1

4th
+4
+4
+4
+1
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 10

5th
+5
+4
+4
+1

6th
+6/+1
+5
+5
+2
Bonus Feat

7th
+7/+2
+5
+5
+2

8th
+8/+3
+6
+6
+2
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 15

9th
+9/+4
+6
+6
+3

10th
+10/+5
+7
+7
+3
Bonus feat

11th
+11/+6/+1
+7
+7
+3

12th
+12/+7/+2
+8
+8
+4
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 20

13th
+13/+8/+3
+8
+8
+4

14th
+14/+9/+4
+9
+9
+4
Bonus Feat

15th
+15/+10/+5
+9
+9
+5

16th
+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+10
+5
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 25

17th
+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+10
+5

18th
+18/+13/+8/+3
+11
+11
+6
Bonus Feat

19th
+19/+14/+9/+4
+11
+11
+6

20th
+20/+15/+10/+5
+12
+12
+6
Bonus feat, Stance Mastery, Steely Resolve- 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class Features:All of the following are class features of the fighter.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A fighter is proficient in all simple and martial weapons and all armour and shields, including tower shields.

Initiator Level: A fighter's initiator level equals his class level. His initiator level determines when he is able to learn new maneuvers and stances from his discipline.

Maneuver Points: Maneuver points determine how many maneuvers a fighter may make during an encounter. Each maneuver uses a number of maneuver points, equal to the initiator level required to learn the maneuver. Every time a fighter uses a maneuver in combat, he subtracts the maneuver amount from his maneuver points remaining. A fighter can regain maneuver points by making a concentration check as a full-round action that provokes an attack of opportunity. A fighter regains maneuver points equal to half the result of the check, rounded down.

Bonus Feat: A fighter can select a bonus feat at first level and every even level. These feats may be any feat that is designated as a fighter bonus feat or any of the following insight abilities available only to a fighter as bonus feats.
•Insightful Combatant: Add your intelligence bonus made to the DC of any combat maneuver, such as overrun and tripping
•Insightful Damage: Add your intelligence bonus made to your weapon damage rolls
•Insightful Defense: Add your intelligence to your AC bonus that is limited by your armour's maximum dexterity bonus
•Insightful Flanking: Add your intelligence bonus to all attack rolls made when flanking
•Insightful Initiative: Add your intelligence bonus to all initiative rolls you make
•Insightful Opportunist: Add your intelligence bonus to the number of attacks of opportunity you may make in a round
•Insightful Precision: Ignore up to your intelligence bonus of any damage reduction your target may possess
•Insightful Willpower: Add your intelligence bonus to all will saves

Discipline Focus: You select one of the nine martial disciplines available. {See Tome of Battle} You gain the discipline's skill as a class skill. Whenever you take the weapon focus feat with a discipline's favourite weapon, you gain the weapon specialization, greater weapon focus and greater weapon specialization feats associated with that weapon immediately upon reaching the requirements for the feat.

You automatically gain all maneuvers and stances associated with your select discipline, when you meet the minimum initiator level required.

Furious Counterstrike: You can channel the pain of your injuries into a boiling rage that lets you lash out at your enemies with renewed vigor and power. Each attack that strikes you only pushes you onward to greater glory. During your turn, you gain a bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls equal to the current value of your delayed damage pool (see steely resolve, above) divided by 5, and rounding down (minimum +1). You can only gain a maximum bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls of +6 from furious counterstrike. This ability’s benefits last until the end of your turn.

Steely Resolve: Your supreme dedication and intense focus allow you to temporarily set aside the pain and hindering effects of injuries. When an opponent strikes you, the injury does not immediately affect you. You have a delayed damage pool that allows you to forestall the effects of many injuries. This pool begins at 0 with each encounter. When you are attacked, any hit point damage the blow deals is added to your delayed damage pool. At the end of your next turn, you take damage equal to the total stored in your delayed damage pool, which then resets to 0. Any healing you receive can either increase your current hit point total as normal or reduce the total damage in your delayed damage pool. When you receive healing, you choose whether it affects your damage pool, your hit points, or both (you can split the amount of healing as you wish). Most crusaders opt to keep as much damage in their delayed damage pool as possible to maximize the benefit of their furious counterstrike ability (see below). Special effects tied to an attack, such as energy drain, stun, and so forth, still affect you as normal, and their effects are not delayed by this ability. For example, if you are bitten by a venomous spider, you must still attempt a Fortitude save against the poison immediately, even though the bite damage shifts into your delayed damage pool. By the same token, any other special attack that imposes a condition, such as a medusa’s petrifying gaze, takes immediate effect on you. At 1st level, your delayed damage pool can hold up to 5 points of damage. Any damage beyond that comes off your hit points as normal. The maximum damage your pool holds increases by 5 at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th level.

Stance Mastery: At 20th level, you can have two stances active simultaneously. When you use a swift action to initiate or change your stance, you can initiate or change one or both stances.