PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Homebrew Setting: Class: Psychic Warrior

Larzzral
2014-08-26, 06:28 PM
One of fifteen classes I've done up for my own setting. Some are only slightly changed, others are rely a lot of homebrew. In the end, I am hoping to provide classes that offer some options to keep a player engaged, while at the same time I am mostly playing with people who have never played before, and want things that are not too confusing. Let me know how I've done. Power-wise, I am looking for Tier 3-4 range. Classes should be judged compared to each other and not to standard 3.5 classes.

The ability section will generally be left blank. It's pretty common knowledge that constitution is always needed, strength to hit things, unless you're dexterity focused. So unless there are abilities that specifically rely on a skill, I'll leave it blank. Also, I don't use the normal 3.5 system for skills. So it'll mostly be left unchanged from original classes, except the minimum I'll use is 4 per level.

-NOTE- This is extremely similar to my fighter, except trading your discipline in for powers, and slightly less HD and proficiencies. I originally had it with fighter as ACF, but having it as a separate class works as well.

Psychic Warrior
(Inspiration: Crusader, Fighter, Psychic Warrior)

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Psychic warriors have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Intelligence is important to a psychic warrior as it decides how well he may manifest his powers.
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d10
Starting Age: As SRD fighter.
Starting Gold: As SRD fighter.

Class Skills: As SRD psychic warrior

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Max Power Level
Powers Known
Powers Points

1st
+1
+2
+0
+2
Bonus Feat, Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve- 5

2nd
+2
+3
+0
+3
Bonus Feat

3rd
+3
+3
+1
+3

4th
+4
+4
+1
+4
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 10

5th
+5
+4
+1
+4

6th
+6/+1
+5
+2
+5
Bonus Feat

7th
+7/+2
+5
+2
+5

8th
+8/+3
+6
+2
+6
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 15

9th
+9/+4
+6
+3
+6

10th
+10/+5
+7
+3
+7
Bonus feat

11th
+11/+6/+1
+7
+3
+7

12th
+12/+7/+2
+8
+4
+8
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 20

13th
+13/+8/+3
+8
+4
+8

14th
+14/+9/+4
+9
+4
+9
Bonus Feat

15th
+15/+10/+5
+9
+5
+9

16th
+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+5
+10
Bonus Feat, Steely Resolve- 25

17th
+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+5
+10

18th
+18/+13/+8/+3
+11
+6
+11
Bonus Feat

19th
+19/+14/+9/+4
+11
+6
+11

20th
+20/+15/+10/+5
+12
+6
+12
Bonus feat, Pinnacle of Power, Steely Resolve- 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class Features:All of the following are class features of the psychic warrior.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A psychic warrior is proficient in all simple and martial weapons and light and medium armour and shields, not including tower shields.

Powers Known: A psychic warrior begins play knowing one psychic warrior power of your choice. Each time he achieves a new level, he unlocks the knowledge of a new power.

Choose the powers known from the psychic warrior power list. A psychic warrior can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than his manifester level.

A psychic warrior simply knows his powers; they are ingrained in his mind. He does not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though he must get a good night's sleep each day to regain all his spent power points.

The Difficulty Class for saving throws against psychic warrior powers is 10 + the power's level + the psychic warrior's inteligence modifier. For example, the saving throw against a 6th-level power has a DC of 16 + Int modifier.

Power Points: A psychic warrior's ability to manifest powers is limited by the power points he has available. His base daily allotment of power points is given on the previous table. In addition, he receives bonus power points per day if he has a high intelligence score. His race may also provide bonus power points per day, as may certain feats and items. A 1st-level psychic warrior gains no power points for his class level, but he gains bonus power points (if he is entitled to any), and can manifest the single power he knows with those power points.

The total number of powers a psychic warrior can manifest in a day is limited only by his daily power points. In other words, a 11th-level psychic warrior (with a total of 35 power points) could manifest a power costing 1 power point 35 times in one day, a power costing 5 power points 7 times in one day, or any combination of power point costs that does not exceed 35 power points in total.

Bonus Feat: A psychic warrior can select a bonus feat at first level and every even level. These feats may be any feat that is designated as a fighter bonus feat or any feat that is a psionic feat. A psychic warrior may not take insight abilities as bonus feats as a fighter can.

Furious Counterstrike: You can channel the pain of your injuries into a boiling rage that lets you lash out at your enemies with renewed vigor and power. Each attack that strikes you only pushes you onward to greater glory. During your turn, you gain a bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls equal to the current value of your delayed damage pool (see steely resolve, above) divided by 5, and rounding down (minimum +1). You can only gain a maximum bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls of +6 from furious counterstrike. This ability’s benefits last until the end of your turn.

Steely Resolve: Your supreme dedication and intense focus allow you to temporarily set aside the pain and hindering effects of injuries. When an opponent strikes you, the injury does not immediately affect you. You have a delayed damage pool that allows you to forestall the effects of many injuries. This pool begins at 0 with each encounter. When you are attacked, any hit point damage the blow deals is added to your delayed damage pool. At the end of your next turn, you take damage equal to the total stored in your delayed damage pool, which then resets to 0. Any healing you receive can either increase your current hit point total as normal or reduce the total damage in your delayed damage pool. When you receive healing, you choose whether it affects your damage pool, your hit points, or both (you can split the amount of healing as you wish). Most crusaders opt to keep as much damage in their delayed damage pool as possible to maximize the benefit of their furious counterstrike ability (see below). Special effects tied to an attack, such as energy drain, stun, and so forth, still affect you as normal, and their effects are not delayed by this ability. For example, if you are bitten by a venomous spider, you must still attempt a Fortitude save against the poison immediately, even though the bite damage shifts into your delayed damage pool. By the same token, any other special attack that imposes a condition, such as a medusa’s petrifying gaze, takes immediate effect on you. At 1st level, your delayed damage pool can hold up to 5 points of damage. Any damage beyond that comes off your hit points as normal. The maximum damage your pool holds increases by 5 at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th level.

Pinnacle of Power: At 20th level, a psychic warrior may choose a single power to learn from any power list. This power may be up to a 7th level power. To change this power, a psychic warrior must spend 24 hours meditating as well as burn oils and incense worth 1000gp x the new powers level.