PDA

View Full Version : Spells to Maximize with Metamagic Effect

RolandDeschain
2014-08-26, 09:13 PM
Level 4 Incantatrix grants a Bonus Metamagic feat, I'm pretty sure I'm going to take Maximize Spell. My character focuses on battlefield control/debuff spells, but it would be nice to have a couple of damage/blasty spells if the need arises. Are there any good damage spells out there to Maximize that aren't instantaneous(eligible for Metamagic Effect)?

Feats I have already are Extend Spell, Persist Spell, Dragon Prophesier, Prophecy's Shaper(free empower spell), Prophecy's Artifex(use crafted wands/staffs as swift action), Craft Wand, and Iron Will.

Just added Mark of the Enlightened Soul to spellbook. The idea would be to persist that spell, utilize Prophecy's Shaper to empower a spell and maximize it. If I'm not horribly mistaken the result would be a spell that does double maximum damage...

bjoern
2014-08-27, 06:52 AM
Level 4 Incantatrix grants a Bonus Metamagic feat, I'm pretty sure I'm going to take Maximize Spell. My character focuses on battlefield control/debuff spells, but it would be nice to have a couple of damage/blasty spells if the need arises. Are there any good damage spells out there to Maximize that aren't instantaneous(eligible for Metamagic Effect)?

Feats I have already are Extend Spell, Persist Spell, Dragon Prophesier, Prophecy's Shaper(free empower spell), Prophecy's Artifex(use crafted wands/staffs as swift action), Craft Wand, and Iron Will.

Just added Mark of the Enlightened Soul to spellbook. The idea would be to persist that spell, utilize Prophecy's Shaper to empower a spell and maximize it. If I'm not horribly mistaken the result would be a spell that does double maximum damage...

Power word pain comes to mind. But I'm sure there's better than that.

EDIT-- I know that you don't have sculpt spell, but applying sculpt spell via metamagic effect to an enemies BFC spell isfun. TThey drop a stinking cloud in you, sculpt it back on them and make yourself safe. Like a can opener

RolandDeschain
2014-08-27, 06:59 AM
Power word pain comes to mind. But I'm sure there's better than that.

Yeah, I've found a couple that do 1d6 per round.

bjoern
2014-08-27, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I've found a couple that do 1d6 per round.

I have an incantatrix also and I usually use cooperative metamahic and maximize with the party cleric to heal. Persist and mass lesser vigor is better but with a sorcerer getting spell craft that high is tough.

Segev
2014-08-27, 07:53 AM
Acid Arrow has a duration, which means you can apply Maximize and even Extend to it after it's in place with naught but a Spellcraft check.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-08-27, 08:04 AM
Boreal Wind (FB) comes to mind.

bjoern
2014-08-27, 08:49 AM
Vortex of teeth.

24 force damage per round for CL/Rounds in a 40' radius, yes please.

RolandDeschain
2014-08-27, 11:02 AM
Vortex of teeth.

24 force damage per round for CL/Rounds in a 40' radius, yes please.

Good one! I likey.

Oo! Defenestrating Sphere!