PDA

View Full Version : Wild Surge Oddities

Naanomi
2014-08-27, 12:05 AM
If one were to roll 11-12 on the Wild Surge table a few times, would one grow so large as to gain a size category (or, alternatively, shrink so small as to lose one)? What if one shrinks below 1 inch in height (infinite density, just add Wild Mage)?

akaddk
2014-08-27, 12:58 AM
If one were to roll 11-12 on the Wild Surge table a few times, would one grow so large as to gain a size category (or, alternatively, shrink so small as to lose one)? What if one shrinks below 1 inch in height (infinite density, just add Wild Mage)?

I know, cool, huh?

You could also age and die or reverse your aging to the point where you're a baby. Who's da momma?

Mandrake
2014-08-27, 02:31 AM
Or blast yourself and everyone else in your party dead at level one, two and, maybe, three.

akaddk
2014-08-27, 03:29 AM
Or blast yourself and everyone else in your party dead at level one, two and, maybe, three.

I'll be playing a wild mage in HotDQ Encounters in a few days and then later in Expeditions. Can't wait to potentially TPK! :smallbiggrin:

Naanomi
2014-08-27, 08:37 AM
The reason I bring it up is that in a test run game at my FLGS, a halfling sorcerer surged and had to make the choice between blasting everyone around him or shrinking 9''. He chose to shrink; and 9'' was a lot to take off a halfling frame.

eastmabl
2014-08-27, 12:48 PM
The reason I bring it up is that in a test run game at my FLGS, a halfling sorcerer surged and had to make the choice between blasting everyone around him or shrinking 9''. He chose to shrink; and 9'' was a lot to take off a halfling frame.

I would refer to him as your quarterling friend from now on.

pso_zeldaphreak
2014-08-27, 05:53 PM
I would refer to him as your quarterling friend from now on.

This line alone makes me want a halfling sorcerer, XD

KillianHawkeye
2014-08-28, 02:15 PM
Did anybody else notice result 37-38? 1d6 flumphs appear for 1 minute and are afraid of you? :smallamused:

Flumphs are back!!

Although I think my favorite is 41-42, you turn into a potted plant until your next turn. The worst one has to be 53-54, you become immune to alcohol intoxication for 5d6 days! :smalleek:

EvilAnagram
2014-08-28, 02:18 PM
Although I think my favorite is 41-42, you turn into a potted plant until your next turn. The worst one has to be 53-54, you become immune to alcohol intoxication for 5d6 days! :smalleek:

That's the best one! You immediately head to town, challenge the biggest guy there to a drinking contest, and make lots of gambling money.

Elderand
2014-08-28, 02:28 PM
That's the best one! You immediately head to town, challenge the biggest guy there to a drinking contest, and make lots of gambling money.

That's if you are even aware it's what happened, how can you be sure you are immune to the alcohol rather than say, you're now a quarter of an inch taller ? At least until you measure yourself

akaddk
2014-08-28, 10:03 PM
Flumphs are back!!

Yah, we know: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?367865-MM-Preview-quot-The-Flumph-returns