PDA

View Full Version : FanAdv Playtest IC

qwertyu63
2014-08-27, 11:26 AM
This is the IC thread for the FanAdv playtest.

The three of you are all at a bar named the Sitting Duck; this bar is located in Stardia, the capital of Inozmaway.

INoKnowNames
2014-08-27, 11:00 PM
Gorath

The doors of the pub swing wide open, smacking the side of the wall, as a tall figure draped in a dark cloak steps through the doorway. The storm outside punctuates his entrance with a crack of lightning, and the howling winds toy with his soaking wet outfit. "Odd name for an establishment." growls the deep Orcish voice of the figure as he wipes his feet.

Zolkabro
2014-08-28, 06:08 AM
As the newcomer violently enters, a small figure, barely waist high on the giant that just entered, smoothly steps aside to avoid being flattened by the sweeping door. His wild black hair is tousled by the gust of wind, and a simple but stylish cloak sweeps behind him. He eyes the troll mistrustfully with a bright, orange gaze.
"Watch yourself, big fella."" he says casually. His voice sounds husky and scarred, yet smooth and easy. He turns away.

asdflove
2014-08-28, 09:48 AM
At Gorath's over-dramatic entrance, Arianna can't help but mutter to herself. "Honestly, you're just entering a pub. There's no need to make a scene." Her dark cloak and hair are still damp, indicating that she was outside recently, and her lack of a drink shows that she's probably just here for shelter from the storm.

INoKnowNames
2014-08-28, 07:31 PM
"Sorry. Just trying to hurry before swimming." the low rumble of his voice replies, as he moves to the nearest solo seat after being careful to shut the door more peacefully. "Wonder how long until it lets up..." he can be heard remarking as his hood faces the entrance.

asdflove
2014-08-28, 07:47 PM
"Sorry. Just trying to hurry before swimming." the low rumble of his voice replies, as he moves to the nearest solo seat after being careful to shut the door more peacefully. "Wonder how long until it lets up..." he can be heard remarking as his hood faces the entrance.

"Hopefully soon. I hate pubs. Too loud, too crowded, and near impossible to rob due to how many powerful people inexplicably go to them." She mutters again, clearly talking to herself more than to Gorath.

Zolkabro
2014-08-29, 02:51 AM
Vox raises an eyebrow at the muttered statement. Arriana sees the chair opposite her move out inexplicably, before a head pops above the table and lands smoothly on the chair.
"Rob?" Vox grins wickedly. "Surely I did not hear such a thing from a woman of your obvious stature and beauty!"
He leans in. "I find pubs full of powerful people an almost literal gold mine, if you have an accomplice. Hm?"

asdflove
2014-08-29, 11:55 AM
Vox raises an eyebrow at the muttered statement. Arriana sees the chair opposite her move out inexplicably, before a head pops above the table and lands smoothly on the chair.
"Rob?" Vox grins wickedly. "Surely I did not hear such a thing from a woman of your obvious stature and beauty!"
He leans in. "I find pubs full of powerful people an almost literal gold mine, if you have an accomplice. Hm?"

She snorts. "Right. I could never steal from anyone." She smiles and whispers back. "I like you. My hang up is that I don't really want to get killed, should I get caught. You gotta plan for that?"

Zolkabro
2014-08-29, 12:12 PM
She snorts. "Right. I could never steal from anyone." She smiles and whispers back. "I like you. My hang up is that I don't really want to get killed, should I get caught. You gotta plan for that?"

"Don't get caught." Vox smirks. "Anhelitio - but call me Vox." he says, offering a hand.
"Now, the key is distraction. I'll pick a target, I'll get them talking, and you get the money while their eyes are on me. Deal?"
Before she can reply Vox slips from his chair and goes to speak to the troll who just entered. He eyes him carefully first. Big guy, tough guy. Doer not talker. Don't dally, get to the point, be casual or he'll be suspicious. Don't try and butter him up.

"Bloody freezin' out!" Vox exclaims as he slips into the chair opposite to the troll, his voice now sounding far more street-like than in his previous conversation. "I ain't even got a proper 'ood! 'Ere, ye want a drink?"
Vox raises a hand to the barman, with an almost imperceptible glance at Arianna as he does so.

INoKnowNames
2014-09-02, 02:33 AM
"You mean me?" the troll asks, barely tilting his head to acknowledge the new stranger. "Not sure. Maybe if we're rained in, but I don't like traveling buzzed. Get sick too easy. Wouldn't mind something to eat, though."

Zolkabro
2014-09-02, 12:45 PM
"Fair enough, mate." Vox replies, unflapped. "Where ye travellin', then?"

INoKnowNames
2014-09-03, 12:09 PM
Why do you even care, little man. Gorath thinks, as he turns to look at the chatterbox with a look of mild confusion, not sure exactly why interest seems to have been taken in himself. "I was looking for a place to stay, and maybe a little part time. Put this to work outside my usual." he replies, pulling on a large handle from his bag and placing a blood stained great axe on its side on the table. "And what of you?" he asks, hoping to test this newcomer's resolve with his words and actions.

asdflove
2014-09-03, 04:52 PM
She sneaks up behind Gorath, before stopping abruptly. "Wait a second! I know you! I swear, I know you! ...Um, did you ever live on the moon, perhaps?" She pauses. "You look just like someone I met a long time ago on the the moon."

Zolkabro
2014-09-03, 04:56 PM
"Me?" Vox grins wickedly. "I live 'ere! This is me patch!" he declares grandly. "I used to live moonside, but came down 'ere a few years ago."

As he talks, he subtly glances again at Arianna. What is she thinking, is she going to sit there all day?
EDIT: Ninja'd!

Vox facepalms exasperatedly. And it was going so well...

INoKnowNames
2014-09-03, 08:27 PM
Gorath slides his axe off of the table, and allows it to slam into the ground blade first, before hefting it onto his shoulder. "I was a resident of both Zatcha and Oncledif at different times of my life, for most of my life." he responds, voice like gravel. "What's it to you?" he asks, look back and forth between both beings, his grip noticeably tightening on his weapon.

asdflove
2014-09-05, 05:17 PM
Gorath slides his axe off of the table, and allows it to slam into the ground blade first, before hefting it onto his shoulder. "I was a resident of both Zatcha and Oncledif at different times of my life, for most of my life." he responds, voice like gravel. "What's it to you?" he asks, look back and forth between both beings, his grip noticeably tightening on his weapon.
To show she means no harm at all she slowly takes her bow off her back and sits it on the table, and does the same thing with her dagger, which she pulls out of her shirt. "I believe you and I met quite sometime ago, when we were both children. I never forget a face, even if the face is one I haven't seen in years."

INoKnowNames
2014-09-05, 09:56 PM
At the pasive display, he can only sigh, relaxing his posture. "I have yet to met a soul who had half a mind of who I was on the Mirror and did not seek me harm. Unfortunately, I also can not say I remember anyone specific whom I did not wish harm. My face may seem familiar, but I can not say the same for yours. Apologies." he explains, turning his great axe upside down and resting his foot upon its edge.

Zolkabro
2014-09-06, 02:24 PM
"Nice to meet another Onceldif man, actually!" Vox remarks, his pretence abandoned. "What brought you there?"

INoKnowNames
2014-09-10, 09:44 PM
"I'm on leave. Working with the Oncledif military, but after an incident during the last mission, they gave me some time off." he replies, sliding up the sleeve on his left arm to show a large scar on his shoulder, more fresh than the rest of the injuries tattooing his skin. "What about you two? What brings you to 'the Sitting Duck'?"

asdflove
2014-09-11, 09:24 AM
"I-uh-met you under the pretenses of my family's business. I was only a child then, as were you, I wouldn't expect you to remember one, of probably many, of people that passed through, but you... nevermind." She shakes her head. "I've been wandering the world for a few years, though I'm only in this bar in particular to get out of the rain."

Zolkabro
2014-09-11, 10:46 AM
"It's a good place for business," Vox grins cheekily, with a slight wink at Arianna.

OOC: Do we want plot to happen now?

qwertyu63
2014-09-14, 10:17 AM
A cannonball bursts through one of the walls of the bar.

Zolkabro
2014-09-14, 10:22 AM
OOC: WOAH OKAY

"Well that's new..." Vox mutters, diving to the floor. He shelters behind furniture, pulls out his pistol, and tries to see where the sudden projectile came from.

Perception: [roll0]

qwertyu63
2014-09-15, 02:19 PM
OOC: No check needed to see them.

Looking outside, a bunch of guys dressed in military uniforms are fanning out through the city. One of them is firing a cannon into random buildings.

INoKnowNames
2014-09-15, 07:30 PM
"We'll talk later. Time for a different sort of business." Gorath mutters, switching out for his bow as he moves into cover near the entrance, trying to see if he can discern any tactical information amidst the attack in the rain.

Sorry again for being a bother... this is certainly interesting, though. I wonder if this is a random encounter or if someone's excess baggage has caught up with them. Think they're after one of us?

[roll0] My own perception: Can I make out the uniforms enough that I might recognize who is attacking (to actually know might need a separate roll)? How many are attacking? How well armed they might be? Who's been hit so far beyond us, if the specifics matter?

Heh... did this suddenly turn into Gears of War?:smallamused:

Thank you, Dice Roller, for not giving me a 1 and making someone shoot my eye out.

asdflove
2014-09-16, 10:15 AM
Ari grabs her bow and ducks to near the door as well. 'Military?' She mouths after getting a glance at them. "Where from...?" She mutters, biting her lip, as her mind reels trying to remember what country wears a uniform like that.

Anthropology check: [roll0]

asdflove
2014-09-19, 09:24 AM
Ari grabs her bow and ducks to near the door as well. 'Military?' She mouths after getting a glance at them. "Where from...?" She mutters, biting her lip, as her mind reels trying to remember what country wears a uniform like that.

Anthropology check: [roll0]

After thinking on it for a moment, she realizes who they are. "Goblins." She hisses. "From Errigland." She notches an arrow and peeks out again to shoot. Aiming at the one with the cannon she let's loose her arrow. After shooting, she darts away from the door and back to the table where her dagger is still sitting.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll (If it hits): [roll1]+[roll2] Sneak Attack
Move action to move away from the door, and out of sight from the door.
Initiative check: [roll3]

INoKnowNames
2014-09-19, 06:04 PM
"The hell are they shooting things up here for?" Gorath remarks out loud, following Arianna's example on the nearest goblin.

Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2]
Initiative: [roll3]

Yay dice roller!

Zolkabro
2014-09-20, 06:17 AM
Vox swears violently under his breath at the cannon, but then smiles wickedly as a bizarre idea comes to mind. "This is just crazy enough to work..." he mutters.

Vox stares intently at the goblin, muttering slightly. A ring on his finger glows orange, and an odd damp smell sweeps the air for just a second, before suddenly the cannon fills with water, splashing and spitting everywhere.
"Good luck firing now!" he grins.

Move action: If the cannon is out of range for the spell, then Vox moves towards it first. If not, he moves to take cover afterwards.
Standard Action: Casting Create Water.

qwertyu63
2014-09-20, 06:57 AM
Both of the attacked goblins fall over dead. The cannon is full of water.

Several goblins converge on the bar. They draw daggers and swords; one guy in the back pulls out a staff.

Zolkabro
2014-09-20, 07:18 AM
Determined to end the battle before any damage is done, Vox concentrates once more, and a sudden sleepy breeze sweeps the air, carrying a smell of warm milk and cookies towards the invading forces.

Standard Action: Casting Sleep. Will negates, DC 18 (base 9 + spell level 2 + CHA mod 7).
Saving my move action until I see the result.

qwertyu63
2014-09-20, 08:49 AM
Determined to end the battle before any damage is done, Vox concentrates once more, and a sudden sleepy breeze sweeps the air, carrying a smell of warm milk and cookies towards the invading forces.

Standard Action: Casting Sleep. Will negates, DC 18 (base 9 + spell level 2 + CHA mod 7).
Saving my move action until I see the result.

OOC: assuming from your DC that you cast it at spell level 2.

The two closest goblins fall asleep.

asdflove
2014-09-20, 10:30 AM
Ari puts her bow away and grabs her dagger from where she left it on the table before.

It's seriously annoying that doing that takes two move actions. I've got to take quick switch.

Ari's holding off on using magic, because it would rather plainly demonstrate that her show of pacifism was just as show, since she could of still blasted Gorath in the face had she wanted to, and she's not keen to risk ticking him off.

INoKnowNames
2014-09-20, 06:16 PM
Seeing little need to change tactics at this point, Gorath looses another pair of arrows into the last pair of non sleeping goblins.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5]

Hm... first one probably didn't hit, or kill if it did, but I think the second one is good?

... screw me, I just realized my second attack was an iterative attack, and had a -5 to it's roll. So both of those probably missed, then.

qwertyu63
2014-09-26, 07:50 AM
The two normal goblins in the front attack Gorath with daggers.

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2] Damage 2: [roll3]

The staff wielder in the back chants words of arcane power, and suddenly the three of you are surrounded in a blast of lightning.

[roll4] lightning damage for each of you, Reflex DC 14 for half.

asdflove
2014-09-26, 09:20 AM
Reflex Roll: [roll0]
When the lightning hits her, Ari swears in elven. "Damn it. That was the first time in months a spell has actually hit me!"
After the ball of lightning, Ari charges forward with her dagger and attacks one of the remaining two goblins.
Attack Roll: [roll1]
If they survive to the next round, could someone flank for me? I like when I actually have my Sneak Attack.

INoKnowNames
2014-10-01, 12:24 PM
More annoyed than hurt by recent injuries, Gorath decides to change tactics. He quickly replaces his bow with his axe, and while the swift elf moves to attack one of the goblins, he moves to flank with her, bringing his blade down upon the other.

Free actions, within reason, are infinite, right? One to put up a weapon while moving, and one to bring out another should be fine, ne?

Move action to get into attack position, and a standard to actually hit.

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1] ... do this roll get a flanking bonus? I am Large... Edit:.... and apparently, I don't need it.
Damage Roll: [roll2] + [roll3]

Please no natural 1s, Dice Roller! Edit: Yay! Thank you, dice roller! If the first one hit, since I have Cleave, do I hit the second, too? Assuming I killed the first one, anyway.

Your turn, Zolkapie!

Zolkabro
2014-10-02, 02:58 PM
Seething after the lightening attack from the caster, Vox staggers back and begins muttering a prayer furiously, flexing his fingers. Two can play at that game...

Suddenly, lightening courses from his hands back to the caster.

Move action: moving away from the caster, using Gorath and/or furniture as my meat shield.
Standard action: Casting Divine Wrath as a 3rd level spell.
Damage: [roll0] DC 19 (base 9 + spell level 3 + CHA mod 7).

qwertyu63
2014-10-03, 09:06 AM
Finding himself without his minions and facing divine lightning, the robed goblin turns tail and starts to run.

That's a run action for 120 feet of movement on a heading of "away from you guys".

INoKnowNames
2014-10-04, 08:21 PM
After cleaving the heads off of both goblin soldiers in a single swing, Gorath pauses just in time to see the leader begin to escape. With a snort, he rushes out after him, switching weapons as he pursues and continues the fight.

Yeah, I could run one round and move+shoot the next, and I'd still be able to eventually get into melee range. I'll be starting with a move and shoot, switching weapons in the process.

Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2]

qwertyu63
2014-10-11, 07:34 AM
You advance and hit the fleeing goblin. He continues to run.

INoKnowNames
2014-10-14, 09:54 AM
Gorath continues chasing and attacking the enemy at a distance.

I was going to try to get into melee range by running and then charging it with my large sized reach, but now I'm honestly curious: he's already taken 20 damage; how much more can he take? You'd think he'd have had a better chance to survive if he actually put up a fight with the rest of his forces way back when.

Second verse; same as the first. Don't make fun of me dice roller!

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

... I am not entirely certain if I should count this as being made fun of or not.

qwertyu63
2014-10-14, 11:00 AM
Gorath continues chasing and attacking the enemy at a distance.

I was going to try to get into melee range by running and then charging it with my large sized reach, but now I'm honestly curious: he's already taken 20 damage; how much more can he take? You'd think he'd have had a better chance to survive if he actually put up a fight with the rest of his forces way back when.

Second verse; same as the first. Don't make fun of me dice roller!

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

... I am not entirely certain if I should count this as being made fun of or not.

He falls over dead.

INoKnowNames
2014-10-14, 08:09 PM
Gorath curses under his breath as he watches his mark fall to the ground. He rushes forward to catch up to the goblin, and address his state of health. The troll attempts to work quickly to dress his wounds as best as possible using naught but ripped clothing. After doing the best he can, Gorath observes the unconscious enemy for a moment. "I don't see you waking up just yet." he remarks, grabbing the goblin by the back of its clothing and dragging it back to the point of the attack in Stardia.

Heading back to the ruined pub, he sets the body of the spellcasting goblin next to the two sleeping soldiers. "Managed to catch the slippery little devil alive." he remarks. "No idea who these guys are working for, though. Either of you recognize them? Miss, I thought you said Military?"

asdflove
2014-11-02, 09:22 AM
Gorath curses under his breath as he watches his mark fall to the ground. He rushes forward to catch up to the goblin, and address his state of health. The troll attempts to work quickly to dress his wounds as best as possible using naught but ripped clothing. After doing the best he can, Gorath observes the unconscious enemy for a moment. "I don't see you waking up just yet." he remarks, grabbing the goblin by the back of its clothing and dragging it back to the point of the attack in Stardia.

Heading back to the ruined pub, he sets the body of the spellcasting goblin next to the two sleeping soldiers. "Managed to catch the slippery little devil alive." he remarks. "No idea who these guys are working for, though. Either of you recognize them? Miss, I thought you said Military?"
When Gorath walks back, Ari was just casually leaning against the wall, though she didn't react to him coming back at all until he spoke to her. At being spoke to, she jerked to standing up straight, nodding. "Yeah, I recognized their uniform. They came from Errigland."

INoKnowNames
2014-11-06, 05:32 PM
Gorath raise an eyebrow at Ari's rigidness. "Errigland, huh? Wonder what in the 9 they're doing in Inozmaway. Was this supposed to be an actual operation?"

asdflove
2014-11-06, 06:44 PM
Gorath raise an eyebrow at Ari's rigidness. "Errigland, huh? Wonder what in the 9 they're doing in Inozmaway. Was this supposed to be an actual operation?"
"Yeah. I didn't even know there were any issues between here and Errigland, course I don't keep up with politics."

INoKnowNames
2014-11-09, 04:10 AM
"Neither did I, really. You spend half your life by the way of the sword, and it becomes easier just to keep that up, rather than learn anything else. Maybe one of these three can shed some light on the goings on once they finish napping."

asdflove
2014-11-09, 10:54 AM
"Neither did I, really. You spend half your life by the way of the sword, and it becomes easier just to keep that up, rather than learn anything else. Maybe one of these three can shed some light on the goings on once they finish napping."
"Hmm. Living on the streets struggling to learn magic from any book you can steal doesn't lead one to care about politics much either." She pauses. "I hope so. I'm curious now."

INoKnowNames
2014-11-09, 05:52 PM
"Me too. Let's find out." Gorath replies, reaching for a length of rope from his bag. "Been a while since I needed to take anyone alive. Not even sure if I can loop a proper knot anymore for this." he grumbles as he ties up each Goblin, taking care to look over them for anything worth while. "Not sure if any of this is relevant. If you can't figure anything, maybe they can." he remarks as he puts the weapons, note, cloak, staff, and spellbook on the nearest non-ruined surface he can find.

With that, he retrieves his Axe, and checks the ropes on each of the goblin's bindings one last time, before looking them over. "The mage is lucky I didn't kill him; he'll need help before he does jack all. Let's start with a grunt, then." Gorath comments, shaking one of the sleepers with his free hand, trying to wake him up.