PDA

View Full Version : Piledriving Kyuss

Scerpico
2014-08-27, 02:00 PM
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me regarding a character for the Age of Worms. I immediately rolled up a Water Orc Teramach as brewed by the infamous Xefas with the following stats:

A decent array to be sure but this is a gestalt game and I'm at something of a loss as to what I can combine with Teramach (its rages not being friendly with spells or powers) My first idea was Totemist for easy access to the blink shirt and eventual raping of faces but I'm also somewhat intrigued by Dragonfire adept or even Warlock.

So I ask; does anyone have any advice for either playing a Teremach and/or playing a non-true caster in a squad of gestalt /Wizards and /celrics?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-27, 03:20 PM
Assuming you mean this Teramach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?286983-3-5-Base-Class-quot-I-want-to-live-inside-a-castle-built-of-your-agony!-quot), I'll agree that Totemist is a good fit, but Unarmed Swordsage would also be superb. Maybe something like Unarmed Swordsage 1/ Totemist 2/ Unarmed Swordsage 1/ Totemist 2/ Totem Rager, and be sure to get Cobalt Rage.

Scerpico
2014-08-27, 05:37 PM
Assuming you mean this Teramach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?286983-3-5-Base-Class-quot-I-want-to-live-inside-a-castle-built-of-your-agony!-quot), I'll agree that Totemist is a good fit, but Unarmed Swordsage would also be superb. Maybe something like Unarmed Swordsage 1/ Totemist 2/ Unarmed Swordsage 1/ Totemist 2/ Totem Rager, and be sure to get Cobalt Rage.

That is indeed the Teramach I was talking about and thank you very much for taking the time to reply and offer advice.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion of Swordsage, I've played them before and usually have a blast but was there something in particular about them that you had in mind for this build?
From my end the extra unarmed damage is good and adding some setting sun maneuvers will only add to the Luchador feel I'm going for with the character.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-08-27, 05:41 PM
That is indeed the Teramach I was talking about and thank you very much for taking the time to reply and offer advice.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion of Swordsage, I've played them before and usually have a blast but was there something in particular about them that you had in mind for this build?
From my end the extra unarmed damage is good and adding some setting sun maneuvers will only add to the Luchador feel I'm going for with the character.

I was mostly suggesting that to get your Wis bonus to AC, plus having access to some boost maneuvers for utility, such as Sudden Leap, Hunter's Sense, and Shadow Jaunt. Plus it gets you a lot more skill points at 1st level, especially if you use its printed x6 instead of the standard x4.

Coidzor
2014-08-27, 11:38 PM
That is a great mental image. Thank you for that.