PDA

View Full Version : Trinalia Gym Leaders

Clarkson
2014-08-27, 03:18 PM
None of you have seen land for two weeks. The ship left Calandros from a temporary port that the league established for use whilst Porttown was still being occupied. While Neptune has occupied himself with assisting the guard with keeping watch over the surrounding sea, the rest of you have had little to do, as the ship was obviously not designed for comfort. It's laden with supplies for the colonists, and for the most part you've been confined to your quarters to keep you away from the crew. There's been time to talk with your fellow new gym leaders during feeding times.

That said, with no attacks on the ship infringing on your progress it's been a relatively quiet ride. And right on schedule one of the crew members calls out saying that land has been spotted. The captain announces over the radio We should be clear of Shalmos ships. All non-essential personnel clear the deck. All essential personnel prepare for docking. Thirty minutes later the ship has been secured, and everyonewas cleared to leave the ship.

The dock was made of wood, and seemed to be the only one sturdy enough to anchor the large ship that carried you and supplies here. The rest of the docks seem to be owned by fishermen, with much smaller docks and any boats attached to them seem much smaller. Most of the docks seem to be empty though, and looking out to sea you can see many boats sitting in the water. The dock stretches a good 100 yards down to the shore. The seven of you all stand at the base of the ramp that allows access for the crew.

Arcran
2014-08-27, 05:03 PM
Joseph strides off the ship, wrinkling his nose in disgust as a host of dock smells assault him. Fish, sweat, work and, most repulsive of all, manual laborers.

"Disgusting," he murmurs, making sure to keep a hand by his (admittedly light) wallet. He gently checks his Pokeballs as well, making sure that his six prized Pokemon were still within easy reach just in case.

"I'll see you around," Joseph says to the other leaders in disdain, straightening his suit jacket. "I suppose we may as well not waste our time with formalities." Arceus only knows that he's spent too much time with the lot of them over the course of the travel. He'd even begun to start talking to his Pokemon like some sort of madman towards the end.

"Au revoir," he says with a dismissive wave as he begins to make his way down the dock, making sure to keep his distance from the plebeians working the sea.

CosmicOccurence
2014-08-27, 09:33 PM
Neptune's spirits dropped when land was spotted. It was nice to be at sea for weeks at a time once more, but all good things came to an end he supposed. Leaping off the side of the boat and into the water, the man expertly oriented himself towards land and began swimming with rapid strokes. He released most of his pokemon, who joined him in the swim, never coming up for air. Aside from the occasional corsola habitat, this part of the ocean was fairly calm, and he didn't worry terribly much about the dangers. To him, the ocean was as natural a place as any.

When he reached the docks, he quickly heaved himself onto the wood. Some might find it odd that he didn't wear a shirt on land, but he wasn't about to take one into the ocean with him. He reached the other leaders right as the rich one began speaking. Neptune ignored the man. He had already proven to be snobbish and disrespectful to the boat throughout the voyage, and Neptune had long since given up trying to form any sort of relationship with the man.

Once the leader had swaggered off, Neptune turned to the group, Riptide hopping animatedly from side to side (as the Poliwrath often did on land). We can all head to my gym if you like. I was told that the league had set it up just off the coast, and there's a lovely dock there for those of you who are too sick of boats to sail again.

Zelphas
2014-08-28, 11:14 AM
Robert took a deep breath of air as he came ashore, glancing around him. "Home again," he says quietly, unable to keep faint strains of nostalgia out of his voice. "Well, closer to home than Porttown, at least. What do you think, Everest?" A small yellow head on a long neck emerges from Robert's backpack, looking around slowly before withdrawing. Robert chuckles. "Scaredy skitty."

He listens to Joseph Sarque with polite indifference. He didn't like the younger man's attitude or opinions, but he took care of his Pokemon well enough. It was a relief that the man wasn't staying, though.

"I can stay for a bit," Robert answers Neptune cheerfully, raising an eyebrow at the man's... unorthodox way of reaching the shore. "I can't stay long, though; the road calls, and my Pokemon haven't been able to stretch out in too long."

Clarkson
2014-08-28, 01:00 PM
Joseph Sarque

As you walk along the dock quite a few dockhands stop working and turn to look you over as if...appraising you. Nothing comes of it though, and you are allowed passage down the entirety of the dock.

As you reach the end of the dock cheering erupts from a crowd waiting at the end of the dock. People surge forward against barriers to get a look at you. There's a grouping of seven men dressed in black holding signs in front of equally black cars. One of the signs has your name on it.

Arcran
2014-08-28, 01:21 PM
As Joseph nears the mob he can't help but grin. He'd assumed getting people excited would be difficult, yet the complete opposite seemed to be true.

As he strides towards the car, Joseph deals with an issue all leaders deal with; who would he be? A showman? A professional? A friend to the masses? Well, not the last. The dirty plebians can help themselves.

Obviously he wouldn't release a team memeber; hell, he'd make people challenging the Gym sign a non-disclosure agreement to battle him. That severely limited showmanship, leaving professionalism as the only option.

With a slow motion Joseph raises a hand, face flat as he appraises the crowd. Then, without a word, Joseph makes his way to the cars, doing his best to ignore the crowd.

Trying to convey that he's a professional. Command I presume?

[roll0]

Clarkson
2014-08-28, 04:34 PM
Joseph Sarque

The crowd seems to approve, their cheering growing louder. However, as you get into the car you do hear some booing coming from the crowd.

After letting you into the car the driver moves to his seat and gets in stating "Hello, I'm Toby Briggs. I'll be your chauffer, at least until you decide I'm no longer needed. I'd appreciate a warning around 30 minutes before you'll need a ride so I can get the car in shape, but I can do spur of the moment stuff as well. I assume you'll want to be traveling to your gym?

Everyone Else

The cheering intensifies for a few moments, before dying back to its usual level. Hearing it Kristina Lafleur stalks away from the group down the dock without a word.

Robert Bridger, Neptune, Hunter Blackhall

A dock attendant walks up to the two of you and asks I don't suppose the three of you would mind moving off the dock, would you? It's just we're going to have to start unloading cargo soon and it would be helpful if you weren't in the way.

Gavyn Lepido, ???

The same dock attendant walks up to you and states Sorry for the inconvenience, but we're going to have to ask you to return to your quarters for a bit. Your gym teams are stuck at the back of the hold right now, and they needed to get loaded into your cars before you can leave.

Zelphas
2014-08-28, 06:14 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry," Robert replies, smiling easily. "Shall we?" he says to the others, before heading towards the cheering.

Once there, Robert is momentarily stunned by the large crowd. He recovers quickly, smiling and waving to the group. Everest once more sticks his head out of Robert's backpack to see what the commotion is all about, swiftly retreating after a moment. "Maybe they need us to get going," he says to Neptune, glancing with a slight sigh towards the cars. "I'll see if they can let me drop by your gym on the way out." With that, he moves towards the car with his name on it, smiling and waving to the crowd at all times.

To make the crowd like me: [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2014-08-28, 06:37 PM
Hunter nods, quickly moving out of the way so that the workers here can do what they need to do. As he does, he nods at Neptune and says, "Sure, I wouldn't mind checking your place out - I'd offer the same for mine, but if you've seen one stage you've seen 'em all. Nothing special there..." As the three head out to the cheering crowds, Hunter grins and raises his hand into the air, waving happily to the crowd. "HELLOOOOOO ENDELA!!!" he cries, boisterously. "YOUR GYM LEADERS HAVE ARRIVED!"

Check for working the crowd:
[roll0]

CosmicOccurence
2014-08-28, 07:57 PM
Neptune aknowledged the acceptances of his comrades with a nod of his head before walking into the line of sight of the crowd. He let the musician make the bold announcements. Hunter was good at that sort of stuff, and Neptune was more than happy to let the man put on a show. He simply walked towards the car, relying on his height and physique to convey his strength. He entered his car without saying a single word.

Intimidate! [roll0]

Arcran
2014-08-28, 08:47 PM
As Hunter makes the dramatic entrance Joseph considers making his own little display. Battle one of the other leaders, show off his team. While it may be satisfying it would demean him to a showman, not the strongest leader.

Joseph nods at Toby, somewhat grateful for the chauffer.

"That would be perfect Toby," Joseph states, making sure to use the man's name. "How long will the trip be?"

Clarkson
2014-08-28, 09:46 PM
Robert Bridger

Your chauffeur seats you and gets into the drivers seat before turning and saying "My name is Camille Price. I'll be your chauffeur for as long as you remain gym leader of Blottingham. Do you want to head to your gym, or did you have somewhere else in mind?

Hunter Blackhall

The crowd seems to respond to your entrance, though more eyes are on Robert and Neptune. In any case, they seem to be cheering louder for the group of the three of you than they did for Joseph and Kristina.

Neptune

The crowd seems to be impressed by the way you bear yourself, but they keep cheering nonetheless. As you approach the car, the suited man opens the door to you, allowing you easy access. The driver then shuts the door and gets into the drivers seat. He turns to you before saying "Neptune, remember me? It's Christopher Kowalski. You saved my life when Shalmos pirates attacked the Pinacle. They put me in charge of driving you around whilst you're here, and I figured it's the least I could do for the man that saved me. Anywhere, anytime, I'll be good to drive you. You'll want the gym then?"

Joseph Sarque

"Probably a couple of hours. Roads were clear on the way here and I haven't been here long. So barring something blocking off the roadway we should be fine." Toby pulls away from the parking spot and heads Northeast.

Arcran
2014-08-28, 09:52 PM
"Alright then," Joseph says, settling in to his seay and preparing for yet another long drive.

"Anything I should know coming in?" the Gym Leader inquires, eyes shut as he reclines in the back of the car.

Besides a few questions I have nothing planned for the car ride. Feel free to timeskip me if you want to the horrible accident as terrorists abduct me next thing.

Clarkson
2014-08-28, 10:33 PM
Joseph Sarque

Hmm. There'll probably be a few people waiting for a match when you get there. Nobody too impressive though. Oh, and Eridu's Protector, Wyatt Kenny, will probably want to speak with you when you get there. Toby drives in silence, not really talking unless you prompt him to.

The ride passes smoothly for an hour, until a small yellow humanoid that you recognize as an Alakazam materializes in the cab next to you. You "hear" without the use of your ears Leave now. This island is ours, and your kind shall not take it.

Initiative
22 Alakazam
19 Joseph
5 Toby

Arcran
2014-08-28, 10:55 PM
Joseph nods, gladdened by the first fact. A few weak Trainers would be excellent for building his image as a brutal leader. He allows himself to relax slightly, almost nodding off.

That is, until he gets the message. That much instantly got Joseph concious, looking about until he sees the Alakazam.

He tries to remain calm as he reaches for Samantha's Pokeball, although he doesn't release her just yet.

Yours? Joseph thinks, trying to be as loud with his thoughts as possible. Do you mean Pokemon? Trust me, I don't give a damn about taking this place from you, Joseph thinks, trying to stay calm. At least it was true; he wanted to run his Gym and earn fame. Everything else was secondary to that goal.

Zelphas
2014-08-29, 12:16 PM
"Nice to meet you, Camille," Robert responds with a smile, settling back into the car. "I think Neptune wanted some of us to drop by his gym, so if we could stop there first, I'd appreciate it."

CosmicOccurence
2014-08-30, 03:00 PM
It took Neptune a second before he recognized the face. Then, he smiled. He enjoyed talking to those who came from his world, although nobody really came from the water, which was his true home. I remember. Thank you for being my driver. There are many other retired navy warriors. I would like to go to my gym though. Is there anybody there, or will I be on my own?

BluesEclipse
2014-08-30, 04:12 PM
Hunter merely smiles, reveling in the atmosphere as he makes his way to his car. Slipping into the back seat, he takes a look around, examining the setup.

Clarkson
2014-09-01, 08:50 PM
Joseph Sarque

Toby calls back Ah, letting one of your team out for some air?

I am a representative of the grand collective. Your kind has imposed it's will across our island. The grand collective sensed the coming of champions of the human cause, and wishes for all of you to leave. Before any harm befalls you.

Initiative
22 Alakazam
19 Joseph
5 Toby

Robert Bridger

All right. Camille drives away from the throng, which has begun to disperse.

Neptune

Christopher smiles as you mention he remembers you. At the very least Vikki Delatoure will be there. She's Larsa's protector. There might be some people there trying to get a head start on the gym circuit.

Hunter Blackhall

As you get in the chauffeur shuts the door behind you before sliding into his seat. I'm Shawn Hill. I've been tasked with driving you places that you need to go by the league. You'll be wanting Commencia's gym then?

BluesEclipse
2014-09-01, 09:15 PM
"Actually," Hunter replies, "I was gonna stop by Larsa's gym first - Neptune talked that place up and I figure I might as well check it out before things get busy, you know?"

Arcran
2014-09-01, 09:36 PM
Is that a threat? Joseph "says," preparing himself mentally for a fight. If he released Samantha, a quick Psychic would push the car and give them the edge they need. It would cause a wreck, but asa last resort it wasn't a bad idea.

"I hate to be rude, but could you speed up a bit? I don't like the look of that car."

For some reason Joseph wasn't particularly concerned about sublty while dealing with a mind reader.

Clarkson
2014-09-13, 03:44 PM
Hunter Blackhall, Robert Bridger, Neptune

The cars pull out, leaving the crowd to disperse a bit. The ride passes without incident, eventually ariving at the beached boat that serves as Neptune's gym (it's yours to name). There's a line at the entrance, but your drivers take you around a back way. The area just inside the door appears to be a coat room of some sort. Past a wooden door frame is a sitting room with some couches and a door in each wall.

Joseph Sarque

Okay sir. Toby says before you feel the car speed up.

What do you think? Do not try to attack. It will end just as badly for you as it did for the other champion.

Arcran
2014-09-14, 10:28 AM
I don't give a damn what happened to some other champion, Joseph 'says,' looking at the car with apprehension. I'm here to run a gym, that's all. Now get the hell out of my head! Joseph thinks, releasing Samantha on the seat next to him.

Zelphas
2014-09-14, 05:07 PM
"Thank you, Camille," Robert says, getting out of the car. "I'm not planning to stay too long; do you have a number so that I can contact you? I wouldn't want to leave you just sitting out here while I talk with the other gym leaders. Go and get something to eat, maybe, or take some time off while we talk. Larsa is a pretty fun place, if I remember it correctly."

Robert sees the other gym leaders and waves, going over to them. "So, are you planning to give us the grand tour, or did you have another idea in mind?" he asks, smiling easily.