PDA

View Full Version : Helpless

Pinkcrusade
2014-08-28, 12:02 AM
Hello, everybody.

I am looking for an easy (relative) way to make an enemy considered Helpless. One thing I was looking at was "binding": would it be possible to bind somebody with a simple grapple/pin check?

Also, is anybody aware of any coup-de-grâce focused or enhancing feats of any sorts?

Thanks

sideswipe
2014-08-28, 07:10 AM
there is a feat that allows coup de gras as a standard action instead of full round.

sleep arrows at low levels
anything that causes a character to become asleep or unconscious is the best bet.
paralysis is an easy one too.

binding a creature always takes a round so is not really usable, even the epic skill dc's dont have anything like a full round bind.

if you are mundane i suggest poisons or any kind of alchemical means to cause paralysis or sleep.

Studoku
2014-08-28, 07:13 AM
I am looking for an easy (relative) way to make an enemy considered Helpless. One thing I was looking at was "binding": would it be possible to bind somebody with a simple grapple/pin check?
Justiciar (Complete Warrior) gets this ability at 5th level.

Gwendol
2014-08-28, 07:15 AM
A pinned character is not helpless.

nedz
2014-08-28, 07:33 AM
Sleep (Magical or otherwise), Colour Spray

What does your character look like ?
Caster or Stealth-Monkey make this easy.

Pinkcrusade
2014-08-28, 09:01 AM
Stealth-Monkey.

Lightlawbliss
2014-08-28, 10:19 AM
how does stealth monkey make helpless easy? I could have sworn not seeing you only makes them flatfooted.

Darrin
2014-08-28, 10:30 AM
Iron Chef XXXVII Justiciar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255215) is probably worth a look.

I think Piggy Knowles or OMG Ponies had a Justiciar/Bloodhound/Hogtie build that coup de graced things...? Can't find it.

Multiple nets/lassos/entangle effects might reduce Dex to 0, if your DM rules that entangle effects can stack.

You could try forcing a drug overdose (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=10386762&postcount=10). Two doses of kammarth = unconscious, no save.

Or how about Duskblade 5/Druid 1/Spellsword 4. Channel aquatic escape onto your opponent, turn him into a fish. (Technically the fish wouldn't be helpless, but unless you're in an aquatic environment, it should be considerably less dangerous.)

nedz
2014-08-28, 11:40 AM
how does stealth monkey make helpless easy? I could have sworn not seeing you only makes them flatfooted.

Sneak into their camp when they are asleep
Persuade them to let you tie them up for, *cough* reasons (More Face-Monkey this)
UMD various wands

Plus lots of other options — depending upon circumstances.

I was going to suggest Sapping them, but that's kind of pointless if you are going to gank them anyway.