PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a shadow devil not demon

Yaitanos
2014-08-28, 04:28 AM
So, wondering if there is a shadow devil out there. My characters have stumbled into a place that really needs a shadow devil. The place is controlled by devils and demons are kept out. But all I can find is the Shadow demon. Am I delusional in thinking there is a shadow devil out there or do I just need to slap a few templates onto an already extremely sneaky devil?

Spore
2014-08-28, 05:02 AM
I think that is kind of the point of devils. They have See-In-Darkness and are generally weak willed but open with their presence. They won't hide themselves.

But what's keeping you from using the Shadow Demon and giving him the devil subtype?

Thurbane
2014-08-28, 06:20 AM
Assassin Devil (FC2, p. 114) is the best match I can find. It has the Shadow Step and Shadow Form (Su) abilities. Shadow Form in particular causes it to turn into a "shadowy, indistinct figure seemingly carved from pure shadow".

Crake
2014-08-28, 06:42 AM
Give a devil the shadow template?

Psyren
2014-08-28, 08:49 AM
Demons are probably more associated with shadow because actual Shadows are CE.

Give a devil the shadow template?

Shadow creature can't be added to Outsiders, but the Dark template can, and will give the devil HiPS to be sneaky.

atemu1234
2014-08-28, 09:20 AM
Demons are probably more associated with shadow because actual Shadows are CE.

Shadow creature can't be added to Outsiders, but the Dark template can, and will give the devil HiPS to be sneaky.

Dip into third party and give it the Dread Shadow template from Advanced Bestiary?

The Viscount
2014-08-28, 09:53 PM
I agree that assassin devils' probably your best bet; you can also consider applying the Phantom template from MMV to the devil of your choice.

Yaitanos
2014-08-29, 07:55 AM
... Assassin devil is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Once again the boards come through for me. Yay you guys!

Make believe scones for everyone!